Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How common is wanting to sleep alone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cynderella
Msg: 89
view profile
History
How common is wanting to sleep alone? Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I use to be the one who couldn't sleep alone...after my 20 relationship and being single for 10 years, I rather sleep alone.
I think that could change but I would always want a spare room just incase.
 massguy70
Msg: 90
view profile
History
How common is wanting to sleep alone?
Posted: 2/7/2017 6:37:43 PM
I value my sleep and like my space so I prefer to sleep alone. I've shared a bed with women that snored. That made for a long night with little sleep.
 five-marie
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2017 6:51:15 PM
I like sleeping alone, I like waking up alone. This has caused problems in the past when I was dating. I would bring it up right away to avoid any hurt feelings or misunderstandings.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2017 8:35:19 PM
I agree with Cynderella... after living alone for 10 years I would find it intrusive to have a man in my bed all the time or around the house. I have a spare room which is great for any occasional overnight visitor. If i were to have a guy over for sex I would not want him to stay in fact and certainly not for breakfast unless we were really intimate.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2017 11:28:40 PM

My bf and I live together and we both have our own beds. Half of the time we sleep together and other half time we sleep alone.

I see no problem with that. IMO, it depends on the environment and how I mesh. I can't sleep well (unless *Exhausted*) in another person's bed, nor With another person in mine. Part of it is because I like to fall asleep with the TV on, and have gotten used to it. And also, my sleep schedule is later than the norm during the week. I see older couples all the time (not Hallmark couples; nor Archie-Bunker ones either) where one sleeps on the couch half the time or in another room due to basically comfort-zone reasons Without some big explanatory reason. They'll sleep in the same bed when family members come over... but their General routine & space is different.

Which, IMO, is becoming more and more the norm post-children, notably when they go to bed / wakeup at different times. I don't see the hubbub about it. It's just the same as each having their own bathroom and big closet. It doesn't at all mean they'd never Sleep in the same bed, just the same as it doesn't mean you Never use each other's primary bathroom (but NEVER use her closet. Never. You will regret it).
 Maleman999
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/8/2017 8:35:17 AM
A question for the people who said they could never sleep and share a bed together with a SO:
When you first got married/moved in with someone, was that the case-of not sharing a bed-and had separate sleeping quarters, or did you always share a bed with someone? If you shared a bed with someone in a previous relationship, what changed that makes you think that now it's a bad idea if you meet the One?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/8/2017 8:39:45 AM
"I value my sleep and like my space so I prefer to sleep alone. I've shared a bed with women that snored. That made for a long night with little sleep."

This

A woman shouldn't take it personally/read into it if a man values his sleep
 sun___flower
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2017 9:51:36 AM
^^^ And vice versa I'm sure you meant. Sharing a room with someone who snores is miserable, let alone a bed.
 Seki1949
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2017 10:12:44 AM

Sharing a room with someone who snores is miserable, let alone a bed.

Must...fall...asleep...first!
 sun___flower
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2017 10:30:17 AM
^^^ Haha - you've been there too.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/8/2017 11:30:54 AM
I never sleep alone, Pupper is an snuggler :/ I agree with others who said once you get used to sleeping alone it can be an adjustment.
Snorers always fall sleep first, and most people.. like it or not, snore.
I like to think I er, purr LOL.
My husband was a sleep walker, that keeps up on your toes
 Chromis1
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2017 2:27:23 PM

^^^ Haha - you've been there too.

And me. Always a race to fall asleep first. Lose the race, lose the sleep.

Two "quiet" sleepers = bliss.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 101
Posted: 2/8/2017 3:08:57 PM
I am content either way.With or without. Although I prefer .........with.

BF used to cut down an entire forest during the night. Purchased a bedside humidifier for his place, and one to keep in his car, for nights away from home. I already had one beside my bed. Went from "clearing a forest" to purrin'.
 Nestaron
Msg: 102
Posted: 2/8/2017 3:12:41 PM
I have been doing that the better part of my life actually I enjoy sleeping alone as that way I dont need to fight for covers.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2017 5:00:11 PM
Which is why they sell blankets in all sizes. My ex would get hot and throw off blankets. I loved electric ones, because I'd get cold at night. This wouldn't work with her, so, she had hers, I had mine. In the same bed.
 five-marie
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2017 4:23:33 AM
"A question for the people who said they could never sleep and share a bed together with a SO:
When you first got married/moved in with someone, was that the case-of not sharing a bed-and had separate sleeping quarters, or did you always share a bed with someone? If you shared a bed with someone in a previous relationship, what changed that makes you think that now it's a bad idea if you meet the One?"
Despite being in here for years still don't know how to quote a previous post.
When I was younger I had no problem sleeping with my husbands, mostly. Always enjoyed my alone time and this has just escalated with age.
Snoring/passing gas/drooling/wee hours bathroom trips/restless sleepers, these are some of the reasons I prefer to sleep alone now. I like my TV on all night, I like to move about and throw the covers on and off. I also snore and nothing irritates me more than having someone nudge me awake every hour because of it.
I like waking up alone to quiet and enjoying the first coffee of the day without having to entertain someone. Living alone for a long period of time, you first adjust, then learn to enjoy the perks.
Last man I dated was a cuddler and drove me crazy trying to sleep all night contained in his arms. Then waking up and trying to extricate myself without waking him.
My bed is my haven. I don't want to have to compromise/please/be uncomfortable.
 sun___flower
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2017 4:33:33 AM

And me. Always a race to fall asleep first. Lose the race, lose the sleep.

Ugh yes. Then it's a choice of either lying awake, or waking the snorer. Good times.

norwegianguy456
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2017 5:12:47 AM

Despite being in here for years still don't know how to quote a previous post.

- You put two 'tags' on opposite ends of the words you want to encapsulate... whether you want to put them in Quotes, Bold, or Underline said words

- Tags are codes you put in (2) Brackets [ ] surrounding the words you want to mark.

- QUOTING: 'quote' for quote in the 1st bracket before the 1st word, and '/quote' in the 2nd bracket after the last word you want to cut-off the quoting

I'll demonstrate with Spaces within the brackets, so it won't Actually quote the words in the first one, so you can see:

[ quote ]Gee Norwegian, that was great! You've made me want to share a bed with you![ /quote ]

Gee Norwegian, that was great! You've made me want to share a bed with you!

See? I made you just say that. ;) Again, don't have spaces Within the Brackets. The actual quote is exactly what I typed above it, except no spaces within the brackets.
 five-marie
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2017 6:59:28 AM
Tried to message you Norwegianguy, you have restrictions. I'm old, bare with me. I am unable to put brackets onto any words written by anyone else. Copy and paste first?
 Walts
Msg: 108
Posted: 2/9/2017 7:09:38 AM

Copy and paste first?

yep

put this first (without the spacing) [ q u o t e ]
then paste
then this, (without the spacing) [ / q u o t e ]
 Maleman999
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/9/2017 7:15:05 AM
When you click post reply, right below the Subject line tells you how to quote.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How common is wanting to sleep alone?