Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 32
Where has Intimate encounter gone?Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

I support this change because anyone who is looking for a casual fling in ANY way, is bad and that behavior and desire must be suppressed by others who know better. Sex is ONLY for people in a relationship, that should be the law. I want similar changes to take place in all aspects of the internet and life.

Wow, what a judgmental man you are. So your way, is the only way? What does it matter if others seek something you don't? How does it impact on your life? Define a relationship - is it based on length of time together, intent of the people involved?

I think you should head your own church. Even thought of setting one up? You could likely run it out of your garage at first. Just a thought.
 lovingliferightnow
Msg: 33
Where has Intimate encounter gone?
Posted: 2/23/2013 1:12:17 PM
I agree with you. NO one has the right to tell anyone how they should live their life or the type of relationship they desire.
 Notricksters
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 1:43:49 PM
I'm in Iowa, and noticed a few people I know still show IE as their "intent". So they are not affected here yet that I know, but I have not talked with them lately. Maybe POF is just taking their time, or there are more on the IE side than we realize all over the country??
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/23/2013 1:50:26 PM
^^ You have misunderstood this thread, or maybe just skipped through it. Profiles may still be created with IE. The change which has taken place is that it's no longer possible to search for IE's, unless included within part of a larger group with other reasons for being here.
 Notricksters
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 1:57:17 PM
Import - thanks, yes I skipped thru it. So many posts on this topic :). Are you on IE? Do you know many others on IE?
 Notricksters
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 4:22:05 PM
girl....I do know IE is internet explorer.......on POF IE is Intimate Encounter...... Maybe you need to read all of the posts..:) :) :).. Have a good day sweetie!!!
 OhioJeepindude
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 6:08:30 PM
I saw a lady that had the absolute best response to the intent list when she signed up.
She said "Intent?? That solely depends on what I find here!"

I think the pics will (if there are any)/can show intent if the user wants to imply that.

I feel the same about the distance part of a search. I can read a profile/see a pic and know I wouldn't drive a mile for a date with them. And there are others I see that for a date/relationship I'd gladly walk on a bed of broken glass.
 VanillaSky47
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 6:34:20 PM
Hmmmm...me too...and it's a pain as that is why I am here.

I have a B/f I just want to mess about with the girls...now I have to work really hard to find them...and they cant find me obviously...Oh well there is always OK-Cupid and Date-Hookup ...

Why cant they leave things alone....

next it will be a feature of the "upgraded" version at how ever much it it per month....go sell more advertising space...I don't care I have an ad-blocker ...but stop trying to think you can make money off the members....We are here ONLY because its FREE
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/23/2013 6:36:03 PM

LOL - IE is Intimate Encounter (not internet explorer) Import is not an IE... I think she is more the google Chrome type...
I am although, if something better comes along, who knows.

Import - thanks, yes I skipped thru it. So many posts on this topic :). Are you on IE? Do you know many others on IE?
I am not although.......

Too funny.
 VolusiaGuy
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 9:13:51 PM
As of midnight Saturday (12am Sunday), POF charges people for searching for intimate encounters. Just say dating--one can find the same thing.
 stanley_with_a_c
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/23/2013 9:20:19 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is your answer
 Lookingforcasualnsa
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/23/2013 9:22:58 PM
As of midnight Saturday (12am Sunday), POF charges people for searching for intimate encounters huh what??
 jbgoode009
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/23/2013 9:45:17 PM
upgraded members only...sol again...
 SchrodingerLion
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/23/2013 9:49:12 PM
I have no real problem with them blocking me from messaging somone who doesn't want to be TAINTED by those degenerates like myself who dared to talk to to one of "those easy women" (really, if they want to not risk contact with me fine, they are too judgemental for me anyways), but limiting my search options? DELETE ACCOUNT. (if it isn't fixed soon)
 SchrodingerLion
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/23/2013 9:50:47 PM

I support this change because anyone who is looking for a casual fling in ANY way, is bad and that behavior and desire must be suppressed by others who know better. Sex is ONLY for people in a relationship, that should be the law. I want similar changes to take place in all aspects of the internet and life.

Nice how you think you have a right to dictate how other consenting adults act.
 zeromus126
Msg: 51
Posted: 2/23/2013 9:59:48 PM
^^bump

Same here.
 friendsNRomance
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/23/2013 10:05:12 PM
People who want IEs are just going to end up changing there profile to something else. Such a move will prevent the ease of filtering out such profiles that many now enjoy. Thus the floodgates will be opened..
 Lookingforcasualnsa
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/23/2013 10:34:09 PM
This is frustrating. I have been in a relationship for over 15 years and we have yet to do anything for whatever reason. Yes I know most people would just walk away from a relationship like this but thats the only thing wrong with it not about to break up with someone I get along with and have fun with other than the one thing. Just wanted to find that one person to have the feeling of itimacy with again but now the option is gone unless I want to pay for it. Go figure!! Time to just give up I guess.
 yessiry
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/23/2013 11:20:13 PM
this feature is now only available to upgraded members only
guess pof needs more cash
 tallguy3968
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 1:46:45 AM
Exactly
 HF08
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/24/2013 5:00:58 AM
Before long the whole site will be a pay site...must not be making enough advertising $$$$.
 Blaarg
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/24/2013 5:20:19 AM
Again taking away features that have long been free and expecting people to pay. I guess I will be deleting my account.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 6:27:26 AM
"next it will be a feature of the 'upgraded' version at how ever much it it per month...."

Time to go play the lottery or hit the slots, Vanilla -- not 3 hours later, your prediction came true!

I actually find this to be a somewhat logical paid feature by POF paid feature standards and now I no longer consider the first step in this process to be a half-azz move. However, again it's quite annoying how instead of creating NEW features for pay, they keep taking away OLD features and turning them into pay, plus it is just another slide down the slippery slope -- won't be long before you have to pay to search by height, body type, ethnicity and whatever other categories POF realizes it could make a bunch of money from (so much for all those who are always claiming, "Quit your whining, so long as I can still SEARCH for free, POF is still a FREE site").

I did notice (and I'm sure it's just oversight that'll be rectified soon enough!) that so far it's only true that you have to pay for intimate encounter searches in Basic. But that doesn't mean searching for IE in Advanced is free -- it is, in fact, still impossible to search at all specifically for IE in Advanced (still missing from the "for" options). You will still get IE in your results if your search "type" is "I don't care," you'll just have to plow through dozens of non-IE profiles if you are only looking for IE profiles. Rare kudos to import for pointing out that you can at least see the "for" status without having to click on profiles if you use the gallary view in advanced search -- that is quite helpful for finding (or avoiding accidental contact with) IEs.
 mainelythere
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/24/2013 7:37:59 AM
they took it away so that only upgraded users can search for it. just another crappy money grab from this site which is rapidly failing.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >