Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VolusiaGuy
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Where has Intimate encounter gone?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
"100% free, we don't charge and we never will........ Yeah it seems to be moving bit by bit to a pay site. It looks like the advertising revenue isn't enough now."

This is why one should never say NEVER.
 Lookingforcasualnsa
Msg: 90
Where has Intimate encounter gone?
Posted: 2/24/2013 10:30:33 PM
Online Dating in Ottawa for Free
Meet thousands of local Ottawa singles, as the worlds largest dating site we make dating in Ottawa easy! Plentyoffish is 100% Free, unlike paid dating sites. You will get more interest and responses here than all paid dating sites combined!
Meet thousands of local Ottawa singles, as the worlds largest dating site we make dating in Ottawa easy! Plentyoffish is 100% Free, unlike paid dating sites.

Where is the 100% free in having to pay to look for an intimate encounter?
 NonamousDog
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/25/2013 9:52:19 AM
Evidently Management believes IE search is something people are willing to pay for. They must also believe that searching for 'dating', or 'long term', or whatever, is something most people are NOT willing to pay for. Interesting viewpoint, is it not?
 friendsNRomance
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/25/2013 10:15:14 AM
Until they realize they can do the same thing for free and be seen by more people by switching to hang out or dating etc
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/25/2013 10:26:50 AM
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/15880804datingPostpage5.aspx#15888931 - Msg: 102

So if I was looking for an intimate encounter of sorts on here what way would be the best way to get my profile seen without it being in the wrong place and getting people upset? Go with hang out or casual dating?

You should set your profile to say that you are looking for Intimate Encounter.

Then use My Matches and Meet Me which will be filled with IE profiles.

IE profiles have links to other IE profiles in that top row of photos.
 jbs32
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/26/2013 8:03:26 PM
Some of us in IE have a need to be discreet, and making a payment blows that out of the water. I've had some good fun in IE, but now it looks like it's back to Craigslist for me. POF has zero value to me now because of this, and it's a lose-lose for everybody because at least POF was making ad revenue off of people like me before.
 tallguy3968
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2013 12:07:22 AM
Hmm...I'd like to see if one of us has enough balls to pursue a false advertising suit on the "100% Free" claim...
 justacaper
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/2/2013 6:06:59 AM
wait they are making people pay for that status now?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/2/2013 6:13:34 AM

Hmm...I'd like to see if one of us has enough balls to pursue a false advertising suit on the "100% Free" claim..

Good idea.

Maybe they could get Orly Taitz to represent them, and we all could have a good laugh.
 Pleasureseeker2011
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/2/2013 5:15:04 PM
Since his profile is intimate encounters I think he's being sarcastic lol.
 Pleasureseeker2011
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/2/2013 5:18:06 PM
BTW. Since there were enough ladies complaining before about men looking for intimate encounters bothering them, it's gonna get ten times worse with guys that just dont care. I had my profile there for a reason. I am hopinf to move locations for work sometime and not looking for longterm so am openly being honest about what i am looking for, I guess POF thinks its better served guys saying theyre looking for more and lying to the others and wasting their time. Really it affects the dating and relationship categories more than you realise unfortunately.
 705guy4play
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/3/2013 10:46:05 AM
i agree. i've been on this site since college & seen the bs changes it's gone through. it's never really worked for me in the 10 years i've been on it & now that they've taken away the IE section, it's just icing on the cake for me to finally throw in the towel & look for a better free dating site. besides, who wants to pay for sex?

Markus, good job on being greedy & falsifying your mission for this site!
 ZeroooDrama
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/3/2013 8:43:05 PM
In respect that the IE has been removed , so should the block from members that can no longer use this and should be able to contact all members. In other words the statement about (users must not have contacted IE ) is now void. As no one with out paying can even view that group of members.
 DaggaMaster
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/4/2013 9:00:56 AM
Like if getting an IE wasn't hard enough already. now they want you to pay to get rejected. I thought this site was different than the others. I guess thats why they are going to lose alot of members in the months to come
 throbbing4it
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/4/2013 9:12:24 PM
I agree 100%, what will they do next time to try and make a nickle? Start limiting your mail or how many hours you are logged in? A free site should be free, if you want perks then you pay, but a search should be a basic privilege. Besides, if you would pay for the option, wouldn't you go to a site that specializes in IE? The IE searchers are on POf ONLY because it is free.
 hman70
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/4/2013 11:43:13 PM
Like anything else ( see what happened to MSN and then Yahoo chat etc ) POF will go to far ( well on their way ) and someone will create a new and improved FREE site. Always amazes me how owners of sites like this kinda forget that lil ole fact.

Anyone who expected this site to always remain free are only kidding themselves. I have lost count of the number of websites that have gone this route. Thus they made the claim it will always bee totally free and then it end up a paysite once they feel they have roped in enough users.
 _MGMT_
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/5/2013 3:29:56 PM
Good Riddance to Intimate Encounters!!! (free searching)

The whole thing is a joke. 99% of the men who message IE "ladies", will never ever meet them. Plus, many of the same guys who message the Intimate Encounter ladies are the same guys who send awful and explicit messages to other women on here.

Don't like it? Fine, delete your profile. There's too many men on POF anyway, nobody will miss you.
 Dustin862
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/6/2013 2:16:38 PM
Thats bull crap I have met several women on this site for Intimate counters. This whole thing is bull crap because this site advertises that its services are 100% free and now I am being told that I need to upgrade to use the features that I have been using for free for 4 years. What a load of crap.
 Dustin862
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/6/2013 2:21:46 PM
You know if you really think about it making us pay for Intimate encounters is the same thing for paying for sex. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't paying for sex illegal?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/6/2013 2:35:12 PM

You know if you really think about it making us pay for Intimate encounters is the same thing for paying for sex.

No, it is more like paying a cover charge at a bar.

It only gets you in the door, but does not guarantee anything past that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't paying for sex illegal?

That depends on what part of the world you live in.

That said, as noted above, POF is not charging you for sex, they are charging you for the chance to make contact with people that are interested in having sex and that is not a crime in most countries.
 _MGMT_
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/6/2013 4:00:12 PM
Please please please quit. POF has too many men on it anyways.

If it was up to me, I would nickel and dime for everything on here except messaging

As long as the messaging is 100% free, ya'll can't complain

and..where else are y'all gonna go????

The entitlement crowd will always find something to complain about. Imagine when they switch to paper plates at the mission - total anarchy.

the other
Site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS ||
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >