Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EmpireOfTheSun_
Msg: 139
Where has Intimate encounter gone?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Intimate Encounters was a huge joke. Just of a bunch of fakers (dudes pretending to be women). What women there were on IE were looking for other women, not men. Markus did you guys a favor by shutting it down.
 Dwydeshroode
Msg: 140
Where has Intimate encounter gone?
Posted: 6/1/2013 5:31:11 PM
Markus wants to tell adults how they should be socializing.

This is ridiculous. There is serious money in operating an IE site. Even better if it's a legit site.
POF shot themselves in the foot here.

Markus doesn't want to tell adults how they should be socializing.
He has instead told adults what services he is offering here on POF.
He is under no obligation to be a "meet all needs" kinda shop.

its-me-2014
Msg: 141
Posted: 1/30/2014 4:14:39 PM
well IE should be available to all paying mebers with no criminal record in north america, and we check with your credit card, and we should have our pics scanned through tineye.com.

And who are you exactly to demand what services a private company should and should not provide?

Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS||
Complaint Department HERE
 Holly63
Msg: 142
Posted: 1/31/2014 2:32:27 AM
Im sure IE is available to some dating sites regardless of a criminal record and wherever ones lives ........ but not here!

Perhaps POF is too "clean" for you? If so, another site may satisfy your complicated needs.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2014 2:20:02 AM
All the "intimate encounter" and "other relationship" e-mails I ever got were from people trying to sell me "services" - mostly woo-woo sorts of energy therapies and fortune-telling. One wanted me to bankroll expanding their medical business in the Ph1ll1p1nes. And there was one single one that was obviously faked - someone thinking they were doing an "cheater check" on me. Almost completely illiterate, she stole another user's photo and created a profile claiming to have a PhD. It wasn't a good job.
ED BEAR
 LaidBackInPG
Msg: 144
Posted: 2/8/2014 8:39:16 PM
All I'll say here is that the message Markus sent out today is hilarious...of the sarcastic variety. Telling us that hookups are rare in this world? That's clearly pure BS. He is trying to send us a subliminal message that POF isn't to be used to find sex....yet I hear every day from people I know how easy it is to find here, even without Intimate Encounters anymore. It seems to me like this site's owner is just someone who is anti-sex. While I don't condone it among young teens today, kids (yes, kids) are having sex more and more often and they are starting younger than ever before. The worst thing that can be done by adults in this world is to pretend that sex is not a major part of today's society. Markus' message today flat out lied to us all.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >