Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 icarusi
Msg: 5
view profile
History
After nearly two years............Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Remember to read the rules, so you dont fall foul of the moderators. . .

I think there's some auto-modding too as perfectly acceptable UK words can get a post zapped by a US automod.
Some threads on other parts are auto-locked after 21 posts.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 8
view profile
History
After nearly two years............
Posted: 2/21/2013 9:44:21 PM
Welcome to the uk debating room kate, i hope you continue to enjoy yourself, :O)
 ~Hams~
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 3:27:33 AM
Welcome Kath!
The forum and the meets are the best things about this site as far as I'm concerned.
You might be surprised to know that very few members on the dating side know that we even exist at all over here.
I kind of prefer it that way.
 daver987654
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 4:39:45 AM
Kath, I think the only way to get off this site is to get out there and meet people. Ferny organises walks which seems to work for some people. I run a social singles group and like Ferny we've had quite a few successes over the years in getting people together. I'm sure there must be a social group near you and of course you can always organise a POF meet yourself. Worst that can happen is you meet people, make friends and have a laugh.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 6:32:08 AM
Hello Kath :o)

The thing I've noticed since writing on the forums is that my viewed me page suddenly filled up with people from outside my area - including you, I notice. ;o) A lot of them are people I haven't seen here, so it's probably down to the usual 10% posters 90% lurkers maxim.
 Chuzz16
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 6:53:33 AM
Welcome Kath,
I wish a few more people would join in with us.
:)
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 8:05:18 AM

OP has probs been on long enough by now to be contacted by our Resident Romeo - will she take the plunge?

LOL I was wondering the same as he now seems to be back. As he is no longer single, I should hope not!
 AthenaMarina
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 11:20:45 AM
I joined late October & I only started properly using the forums this week but I can see why people rave about them, these forums here are FUN!
 Tillybud1
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 11:34:40 AM
Welcome to the Forums glad you finally found the best reason to log onto POF :)

I have been on here for three years on and off and still find the forums entertaining, surprising , fun sad or sometimes annoying. In that time I have been lucky to have made some fabulous on and off line friends through here and the Forums have kept me sane .. yes SANE for those that know me ;) .. on many a lonely night ! Have fun Kath and I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have ! x
 GeordieColin
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 12:34:18 PM
Welcome Kath. Make sure that you wear your big girls knickers if your planning on posting often ;-)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >