Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 glambeautybrains
Msg: 53
Common in Online Dating?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I generally respond with a thanks, but, no thanks. However, after getting a inbox full of messages, it's becomes braising !!!
 John255317
Msg: 55
Common in Online Dating?
Posted: 3/11/2013 8:15:02 PM
For me, a non reply is the best way to let someone know you are not interested. For those who say they think it is polite to send a "thanks, but not interested" reply, I have a question for you: Say you get a message from a person and she/he is overweight, which you are not interested in, he/she is not attractive to you which you are not interested in, he/she sounds uninteresting which makes you not interested in etc etc etc. When you give your "polite" reply, do you tell the person emailing you the EXACT reason you are not interested? I would say the answer the majority of the time is no you don't give your reason. My point is, if you don't give a reason, why do you think the "plastic" response of "thanks but not interested" is a polite way?? I don't think giving a reason should ever be explained with the examples I made. If a woman does not reply to me, I have my answer she is not interested. And that is fine, I don't need a reason. And for those that think it is "polite" to send a no thanks, I find it very impolite imo.
 tlwk
Msg: 62
Common in Online Dating?
Posted: 3/12/2013 11:37:27 AM
I agree! So many times I have politely expressed that I'm not interested, then received nasty emails or arguments. I don't need the drama! No reply avoids those things
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 64
Common in Online Dating?
Posted: 4/5/2013 4:45:19 PM
Many other women have stated this and it's been my experience too. I used to think it was rude not to respond but it doesn't matter how respectful you try to be with a No, thank you, you get really nasty messages back and called names...most of which start with the letter B.
 jrich01963
Msg: 69
Common in Online Dating?
Posted: 4/8/2013 2:38:48 PM
To OP

Don't feel offended or read too much into "no reply". Its not that they are ignoring you. To me no reply simply means not interested or not ready.
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 70
Common in Online Dating?
Posted: 4/13/2013 8:20:29 AM
You didnt do anything wrong by asking the question. There are alot of abusive, angry people that reply on the forums here, because people like you, to them, are an easy target. You are an easy punching bag for the many frustrated, lonely people out there. Stick around, watch how often it happens.

Anyway, the question you asked is asked by men about 3 times a day here. It's THE most common question. The answer is simple: they are not interested, and there are no "rules" here as far as anyone having to be "nice" and write you back.

For the record, as a woman, I myself rarely got responses back. So it happens to all of us.

POF is a pretty shabby place to find quality people anyway, so..if it doesnt work out, be relieved.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >