Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 301
view profile
History
why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason you're on here!Page 13 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
The guy was hiding how he was paying for the movie. I don't like people hiding anything. There was no reason why he had to do that but being that he is a cheap person, he must have thought that would be a negative to show that in conjunction with the siphoning out of water from his trunk, LOL. The man never went to a new movie theater with the nice seats. It's nice to watch a movie while sitting on clean seats in a nicer environment.

The reason why I think people work hard and save money is to use the money to enjoy life, not to hoard it. A person can take advantage of all the discounts that are out there, why not, but then to never want to enjoy something that cost a little more is very distasteful to me. I worked hard and saved money and I'm not going to spend the rest of my life counting pennies and not enjoying life. Not everything in life that is fun is free. I enjoy my trips to the Caribbean to go snorkeling. A person can watch that on TV if they want and to that is enough of an experience for them. If people choose to not experience a lot of the good things in life because they don't want to spend their money, that is their choice and I don't really care. It's just that is not the person I want to be with. My siblings are the same way, they like to enjoy life and go on vacations to experience other places and people and food and cultures.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 302
why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason you're on here!
Posted: 7/14/2017 3:38:20 PM
Some people DO get carried away with being frugal and forget to enjoy their efforts sometimes. I've known people like that.

I used to feel guilty spending money on myself once I had mortgage payments. Seemed frivolous/irresponsible.

Then I started putting a small amount of money aside each Friday. I called it the " Friday Fund ". I told myself that THIS money was only to be used for my own enjoyment.

I highly recommend it to the smart with their money addicts.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 303
Posted: 7/14/2017 3:44:10 PM

The guy was hiding how he was paying for the movie. I don't like people hiding anything. There was no reason why he had to do that but being that he is a cheap person, he must have thought that would be a negative to show that in conjunction with the siphoning out of water from his trunk, LOL

That's absurd. What if he had purchased the tickets online ahead of time? Would you have asked him how he paid for them, and how much he spent? Not if you had any manners, you wouldn't.

You sound very controlling to me. I feel sorry for any man that asks you out, because I'm sure you'll be keeping score on everything he spends or doesn't spend, and calling him "cheap" behind his back.
 forumslady
Msg: 304
Posted: 7/14/2017 5:39:25 PM
Well, guilty. I'm frugal and have been, for a LONG time.

I use coupons, a lot. Why not?! If I'm going out to eat anyway, why not save the money?
I'm on several sites that help me save money.
It's not about depriving myself, it's about smart spending.

My favorite: Easter brunch, 2 years ago, 4 of us, 20 bucks. Food and unlimited mimosas. Yes! :)
(Shameless plug: This one was courtesy of Groupon. JOIN! It is fantastic!)

What do I do with the savings? Guess what funded family vacations, for me and my children, together, ever since my divorce? ;)

If a man used a coupon on a date with me, I would be HAPPY, seriously, I would. That would tell me he is smart with money and likes to save money, just as I do. :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 305
Posted: 7/14/2017 5:44:18 PM
I'd not be drinking from some bottle Dude filled from his trunk.
Chuck - I need to try that, I did the 5 dollar challenge, but busted into it by June. I am not needy I am wanty.
People have their preferences.. I don't use coupons. If someone pulls one out shrug
Today I treated my friend to lunch, she acted like I bought her a diamond necklace :) Lunch is a small price to pay to make someone happy.
As I have said, cheap and frugal mean the same to me. If a moth flies outta your wallet or you stare at the ceiling til someone else reaches for the chit, you are chugal
 forumslady
Msg: 306
Posted: 7/14/2017 5:48:55 PM
Ouija2025- Hey, now, I resemble that remark! :D ^^^^^

I don't have a wallet, or flies, or moth's.

Making someone else happy............my version of diamonds. :) (Not that men want those, or anything. :D)
 Cynderella
Msg: 307
view profile
History
why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on here!
Posted: 7/14/2017 8:35:09 PM
We all have a little caveman/cavewomen in us....lol
 NewYorker58
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2017 11:59:19 PM
Halcyon, I'm not controlling anything. He planned the date and executed it. I was suspicious of why he would want me to drive to his neighborhood to go to this old theater for an old movie. Another day when we were talking, he mentions that he has free coupons from his job for that theater and then it all made sense. You are crazy if you think it's acceptable upon just meeting someone and going on a date to siphon water from a jug in their car to bring into the movie theater. Who do you think had to bring it in for him? I guess he was also saying if you want something to drink in the theater, drink my trunk water or that's it, LMAO! I don't really care to consume anything at the theater, and I can pay for my own stuff, so it wasn't a big deal in that sense. I consider it a funny date story. I told my girlfriend about it at the time and she was tearing up, hysterical with laughter! There's nothing a guy can do to turn you off with his cheapness? Anything goes?

Ouija, so that would be a NO to trunk water with your seafood tacos, lol? How hoity toity! What if the guy pulled out shrimp tacos from his trunk☺?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 309
Posted: 7/15/2017 5:56:29 AM
Not eating anything outta a trunk! Honest the grilled shrimp tacos were so good ... sigh.
idk I think some people get treated more than others, not sure why.
Best part of the story was when we decided to shut up and leave she said " let me get it" but I had already paid when I went in to the powder room.
We are total opposites yet I appreciate her insights and now she is near used to my humor.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2017 7:12:16 AM
"going to a zoo and having a picnic could be a good first date choice, but it depends if one like's animals or not of course"
"I see nothing wrong with free tickets to a live music events etc and having a nicely prepared picnic"
"No need to spend much on a first date at all, maybe the guy pays for the venue and the girl brings the picnic or vice versa?"
 south_city
Msg: 311
Posted: 7/15/2017 10:43:53 AM

There's nothing a guy can do to turn you off with his cheapness? Anything goes?

More like people have different viewpoints about what they consider to be cheap. The man that refilled his water bottle from a jug in his car was probably more of an odd move than anything else. A few times I sneaked an small empty bottle into a movie cinema and filled it with water from the water fountain. Some people may consider it to be cheap. I simply felt the water fountain was just as good or better than any of the other beverage options there.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 312
Posted: 7/15/2017 11:33:08 AM

There's nothing a guy can do to turn you off with his cheapness? Anything goes?

The only thing that would turn me off is a freeloader who expected me to pay for everything on a date. Fortunately, I've never dated one of those types.

I did once get turned off by a man who told me he cut his own hair---not because I thought he was too cheap to pay for a haircut, but because it made him look like the village idiot.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2017 3:58:11 PM
South, its not about bringing something in on the sly, everyone does that. You don't offer someone an already opened bottle of water from your trunk. I don't know what's in there, and it's an odd thing to do on date 1 or 2. And remember, the movie was already free with his coupon. He should write a book for guys, "How to Date for Little to No Money". Really, I would not spend much on a first date if I was a guy. A date is an opportunity for a guy to show if he's fun, if he's a good listener, intelligent, caring, etc. This movie guy talked during the movie, so the lady in from of us had to tell him to shut up. I'm sure because she said it and not her husband, he had zero respect, because he kept on yapping.

Halcyon, lol, very funny about the haircut☺
 gtomustang
Msg: 315
Posted: 7/15/2017 6:43:38 PM
yeah, in the age of date rape drugs, I wouldn't blame a woman for refusing something not offered by a friend. As for smuggling in a box of ju-ju bees to save getting ripped off by the movie theatre, man I remember that from when I was a kid. and that old theatre is still open, and its fun to go in to see its still in existence, and pay matinee fees. I just discovered a pin hole leak in the radiator of my new old car, and have a choice of air conditioner/no air conditioner radiators in the garage and trunk to replace it with, but I've also heard about fixing leaks with ground pepper or a dozen raw eggs cracked into them...can't imagine what it smells like, but the amateur scientist in me wants to try it just to see if that McGyver trick actually works.

did have a nice taco sandwich wrap for dinner, so I listen to Ouija from time to time :)

"I think some people get treated more than others, not sure why."

>>>oh, I can guess, and I think she can, too. Sometimes we get treated the way we deserve...we just may not agree on what we deserve :)
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2017 7:12:52 PM
Halcyon wrote:

I did once get turned off by a man who told me he cut his own hair---not because I thought he was too cheap to pay for a haircut, but because it made him look like the village idiot.
So do you normally accept dates from guys who look like the village idiot?
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2017 7:17:10 PM
NY58 wrote:

You are crazy if you think it's acceptable upon just meeting someone and going on a date to siphon water from a jug in their car to bring into the movie theater.

That's clearly a no-brainer. Unless you knew this guy was some type of earthy naturalist hippy-type, then this type thing on a FIRST date is a giant red flag.

Keep in mind, early on in relationships, everyone is on their most vanilla best behaviour. Negative or weird tendencies will only creep in over time, as that person feels more comfortable in the relationship, given the chance. If the date exhibits goofy behaviour on the first date, ya gotta wonder what's going to unfold after that.

If a guy belches at the dinner table on the FIRST date, that's a red flag. Likewise, FIRST time in bed, if a guy traps you under the blankets and forces you breathe his fart, that's a red flag.

All guys know that once you've proven yourself a worthy mate otherwise, it's standard procedure to get away with a multi-octave table belch, or inflicting a dutch oven on an unsuspecting mate every once in a while.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 318
Posted: 7/16/2017 12:18:47 AM

So do you normally accept dates from guys who look like the village idiot?

Well, in all fairness to him, he didn't look like the village idiot in his profile pictures.

It wasn't until after I met him in person that I noticed the big gouge marks in the back of his hair. He looked like he had been attacked by a wild ferret.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 319
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2017 5:11:56 AM
"I cut my own hair and have become very good at it, because I use mirrors, clippers, scissors, I check both sides very carefully, check the back is even and make sure the top is the right length...without doubt it is a skill cutting hair and take's a lot of practice, but some can do it"
 south_city
Msg: 320
Posted: 7/16/2017 8:53:30 AM

South, its not about bringing something in on the sly, everyone does that. You don't offer someone an already opened bottle of water from your trunk. I don't know what's in there, and it's an odd thing to do on date 1 or 2.

I agree what he did was odd. My larger point is what is considered to be cheap is subjective. I knew a woman that considered a person sneaking in a empty bottle and filling it with water from the fountain to be cheap. I don't agree with her viewpoint. Perhaps most people don't as well. But I'm sure there are some people that would agree with her.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2017 9:58:21 AM
SS4544, exactly! Also, you don't make a date feel uncomfortable. If every date is overshadowed by, how can I make this date cost nothing, who wants to sign up for that. Telling a date to sneak in your sifoned water, that's not for beginning dates to ask or to offer opened bottles of liquid.

Mustang guy, my bil is a car guy. He thinks soddering if it's metal, epoxy if it plastic. He never heard about eggs and pepper. Sounds more like breakfast to me, lol.
 2ufo2
Msg: 322
Posted: 7/16/2017 10:37:21 AM
GTO...

Actually the Romans used to use egg white to glue glass back together. I think Pliny the Elder has the recipe in one of his scrolls. I think it can also be used to clarify liquids (so may get the crud out of radiator water).

But even the scientist in me wouldn't put eggs in my car engine.

Newyorker...

Maybe the guy with the 6-figure income also had a 6-figure outgo. I understand that it happens a lot.

However, filling up with water from the trunk would be a little - well, a lot - odd to me and I'd probably ask what was going on. And I'd buy my own water if I was desperately thirsty.

sun___flower
Msg: 323
view profile
History
E coli etc
Posted: 7/16/2017 11:47:15 AM
south_city
I knew a woman that considered a person sneaking in a empty bottle and filling it with water from the fountain to be cheap. I don't agree with her viewpoint. Perhaps most people don't as well. But I'm sure there are some people that would agree with her.

I think the fact that you're sneaking in the bottle to fill with drinking-fountain water means it's cheap. That drinking fountains are hotbeds of germs and that's the water you're choosing to fill a bottle with because it's free = cheap imo.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 324
E coli etc
Posted: 7/16/2017 11:50:12 AM
^^^ I was thinking same, if you are sneaking you know you being cheap. Waltz in with a bottle of wine and a pizza, they charging you enough to see the movie :)
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 325
view profile
History
E coli etc
Posted: 7/16/2017 12:37:22 PM
"Would a homemade bottle of wine and sandwitches be cheap?:)"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on here!