Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 351
why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason you're on here!Page 15 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

I think men should play hard to get also

I don't know about playing hard to get, but the excessive fawning and tongue wagging a lot of men engage in is sickening. Even after the first 100 compliments fail to capture the woman's interest, they keep hammering away with the "pick me, pick me!!" shit through endless praise in hopes he might friend his way into her heart.

On the other side of it, you have the guys who actually have enough dignity to stop after the first time or two and go about their business. Then, when he cuts the woman off, you'll hear from her - "OMG!! I can't believe he won't be my friend anymore just because I wouldn't have sex with him!!!" We don't owe men sex!!"

But men owe them friendship and attention? I don't think so.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 352
why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason you're on here!
Posted: 7/17/2017 11:36:32 AM
Not fish, shrimp Clooney.
Women don't need tons of flattery.. btw how is my hair today? Lashes bat.
I am trying not to eat junk food so I bought chips I knew I didn't like
Not so bad when you crave them tho
 cooldog65
Msg: 353
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2017 11:46:15 AM
^^^I was talking about a different kind of "taco" if you get my drift...

And how does my hair look today?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 354
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2017 12:35:50 PM

A coupon isn't bad. What I don't like is hiding it's usage.

Ummmm, you got your wires crossed on your POV, babe. :) It's the Opposite direction, if one wants to play the Anti-Tacky game. Cheap, tacky guys are going to be more apt to go "Yay! 10% coupon! Look ma, all by myself!" -- as opposed to a non-tacky guy slipping one thru discreetly. Why in the hell do You need to know? If he uses a Diners Club card, do you have to know whether it's a 5%, 10%, or 15%+ discount? "Bob -- you have to tell me! And how many points you're racking up on this! I have to know! Otherwise, you're being tacky!" "Ummm, ME being tacky NY?"

He's giving it to the person he's paying -- he's not hiding it from them. He's not paying You. He's keeping it discreet. That's being NON-tacky, you should know that. I think you're running with the "someone I don't like does something different, it Has to be in a bad way" syndrome. So when he is weird/way-not-like-his-pics/tacky/etc -- then when the guy does something slightly off it's "way off" and bad, even if, when given some thought, it isn't. Don't let Emotion be the Answer, especially when it comes to newer territory (dating territory).

Filling up a water bottle from a jug in your trunk is super cheap.

I would say more Tacky than anything that it has the potential for, certainly. If someone has filtered water in their trunk, and they're going to the beach or grill out in the public park -- it's not tacky to utilize that, rather than walking in another direction to pay $2 for each and every small water bottle for you and others. So much money is wasted on water bottles, and people re-fill them all the time because of it (in water fountains, or at home re-using the same bottle for a day or two). I can EASILY see this demonstrated in a Tacky way, don't get me wrong. And if a guy wanted to sneak in ANY water bottle into the movie theater (from his own tap, or bought at a convenience store next door) -- yeah that's tacky, of coruse. But just saying the concept of having one's own water tank for outdoor activities itself isn't tacky, just because there is food & beverage shops in the area.

Some people DO get carried away with being frugal and forget to enjoy their efforts sometimes. I've known people like that.

Yeah. Cheap in the negative sense is when you're Overly-frugal. I think it's when your satisfaction of saving money to the small degree > enjoyments had if you weren't saving that last penny. Kind of like a hoarder -- losing sight of the square footage in their household lost by hoarding is Actually bringing Less enjoyment than having those 30 year old encyclopedias and magazines on hand. The cheap person loses sight of how much money they actually ARE saving VS what they could be doing otherwise for just a few bucks in their affordability range now and again.

I don't know about playing hard to get, but the excessive fawning and tongue wagging a lot of men engage in is sickening.

Yeah, it's funny how when a guy Purposely Doesn't do that -- when other guys are over a gal -- he can be hissed at by some gals as "playing games". By merely Not doing the opposite of hard to get -- because it's On Purpose. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. ;)

Then, when he cuts the woman off, you'll hear from her - "OMG!! I can't believe he won't be my friend anymore just because I wouldn't have sex with him!!!" We don't owe men sex!!"

I haven't run into Exactly that 1st hand or 2nd hand much. I usually see more of a "What's his problem? What, because I'm not into him he has to ignore me?" But, turn the tables where the guy's not into the gal when she's into him, and she then Walks when she sees he has little interest after some outings -- they'll see that same Walk-Off action by her as perfectly proper. In the dating scene, it's unfortunately too difficult for many to have an objective look -- and instead use their emotions and info passed amongst their tribe as "the way" (no error checking).
 Ouija2025
Msg: 355
Love Potion #10 - Grilled Shrimp Tacos
Posted: 7/17/2017 12:41:20 PM
Handsome as ever CD :)
Men don't owe women sex either - they owe great sex
 IBup4it
Msg: 356
Posted: 7/17/2017 2:45:57 PM
@Newyorker you don't like my snowflakes it's life here one minute sunny with a few clouds next your in a snowstorm typical March.

Could have been worse I could have been on a golf course in a polo shirt. Had that happen before nice sunny day turns into snowstorm on back nine.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2017 5:39:12 PM

However I believe a lot of people may do this because they don't like the items on the menu.

I just don't like the prices on the menu.

500% markup?
I think not.

As a kid, I always bought candy at the theater, it was part of the fun!

Congratulations on falling for the mind manipulation.
500% markup is fun?
I think not.

Movie theater food.
Airport food.
Disneyland food.

Ridiculous markups.

But, they figure they got you.
Captive audience.
People will pay whatever they charge.

Does it cost the suppliers any more money to deliver the goods to the movie theaters or the airports on their route, than any other destination that charges less for the same thing?

Oh yeah, I forgot about those, too.
Gotta find some way to pay the outlandish multi-million dollar contracts.
vvvvv
 Chromis1
Msg: 358
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2017 5:59:59 PM

Movie theater food.
Airport food.
Disneyland food.

Ridiculous markups.

A bargain compared to professional sports venues. Football, baseball, hockey - $12 - $12.50 for a 20 oz can of beer. The price of entertainment. But what the heck, I've already paid $100 or more for the seat. I usually don't regret what I spent. I'll more often regret what I didn't spend.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 359
Posted: 7/17/2017 6:06:53 PM
Third dates are expensive depending on the outcome...

YMMV
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 360
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2017 9:18:42 PM

Congratulations on falling for the mind manipulation.
500% markup is fun?
I think not.

I agree. I understand not sneaking in microwave popcorn or soda pop. But candy? Yeah, you know what? Buy a minimal level of pop/popcorn, and bring your own bag of skittles in your pocket. I can't see how Buying WAY overpriced Snickers or Skittles is part of the fun at the theater. Maybe the "movie theater" style popcorn, as we all can get bored of microwave popcorn, but that's about it.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 361
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2017 10:05:22 PM
Doesn't anyone feel that the prices for candy didn't have as big of a mark-up when we were kids? I don't remember going to see a movie and thinking that the candy cost a lot of money. I used to love getting Goobers and Peanut Chews there. Part of the reason was because I didn't grow up with candy at home. So it was fun to see a movie and get candy.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2017 12:22:36 AM
Nestaron, I didn't know they were snowflakes. I've been to Mississauga and Toronto. I have a friend in Stratford. Too cold and too much snow for me. I rarely get snow where I live in WA state.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 363
why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on here!
Posted: 7/18/2017 3:20:13 AM

for all a woman knows you could be messaging a great deal of women.

They very well could be, and likely are. It would be silly to expect exclusivity with someone you haven't even met yet.

That's putting the cart before the horse, big time.
 south_city
Msg: 364
Posted: 7/18/2017 6:19:17 AM

And if a guy wanted to sneak in ANY water bottle into the movie theater (from his own tap, or bought at a convenience store next door) -- yeah that's tacky, of course.

I don't think it is much different than sneaking in snacks. Perhaps there was a specific brand of water that he likes better than what the movie cinema has. Or the movie cinema only has soda and other beverages that he is not interested in.

for all a woman knows you could be messaging a great deal of women.

I wouldn't put all of my eggs in 1 basket that early with a woman that I haven't met yet. A man might have to email dozens of women just to get a handful of positive responses. When a man is talking to a woman, there is no guarantee a first date / meeting will happen. When there is a first date / meeting, there often won't be a second date.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 365
Posted: 7/18/2017 6:31:49 AM
"A bargain compared to professional sports venues. Football, baseball, hockey - $12 - $12.50 for a 20 oz can of beer. The price of entertainment. But what the heck, I've already paid $100 or more for the seat. I usually don't regret what I spent. I'll more often regret what I didn't spend."

If everyone stopped bending over and paying the outrageous prices , the prices would go down but there's a combo of people who can afford it and fools who will always pay. Way to go. I never go to games and I never buy merchandise. It's the principle.
 97stars
Msg: 366
Posted: 7/18/2017 8:09:37 AM
I'm silly, so?
I'll put the cart wherever I'd like.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIN.Hm5ZnR4A3.W3mWRH;_ylu=X3oDMTByYXI3cnIwBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDNA--?p=front+242+headhunter+lyrics&vid=fb01e740a240c062bb374060f2e362d6&turl=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOVP.jWkb9KtgjzxxkL-3ZrKe5wFCDw%26pid%3D15.1%26h%3D240%26w%3D322%26c%3D7%26rs%3D1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dj4vLJLu0ci0&tit=Front+242+-+Headhunter&c=3&h=240&w=322&l=202&sigr=11bp29df3&sigt=10ms28mad&sigi=12rip6cf3&age=1232757683&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av&fr=iphone&tt=b
 IBup4it
Msg: 367
Posted: 7/18/2017 10:52:02 PM

therefore for her to feel like you are seriously interested then it means you might have to persist to make the point that you really are genuinely interested and not just playing a numbers game.

This just needs this video clip as a response to this cause there is no other perfect way to address it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqfV9eQuyrs&index=2&list=FLx8NgxzBnbwtJ4CCQbo3iog
 Ouija2025
Msg: 368
Posted: 7/19/2017 5:28:21 AM
Lordy so ppl can't go an hour and a half at the flicks without food? So many open mouth chewers - gives me the auggies.
Still think it would be full to order a pizza.. just when the villain about to chop up then teen who foolishly said " who's there" Pizza guy can waltz in calling your name and what you ordered.
A 100 bucks for a football game? Yikes
 spot4username
Msg: 369
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2017 5:44:08 AM
^^
I am guilty of loving going to live sporting events. I know the prices are outrageous. I worked in sport for over a decade so it has been a part of my life for a long time. I usually rotate who I have season tickets for. Last minute tickets can always be had. Baseball tickets are cheap and they have lots of specials. Same with soccer and arena football. I had season tickets for arena for years. Those games are a fricking blast. We just won the championship (again :))

We just got ice hockey back after being gone for years. I used to take my sons to the games when they were young. They were the most fun. They always really incorporated the fans into the whole experience. If I was working I would have bought season tickets for their inaugural season. le sigh
 Chromis1
Msg: 370
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2017 8:30:29 AM

$97 face price for the cheap seats in the upper level of Heinz Field for a Steelers regular season game. Most expensive are club seats, around $240 or so.

Most expensive ticket in this city, ever, was last year, Game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals, when the Penguins had a chance to win the Cup on home ice. Afternoon of game day, cheapest ticket went as high as $1,800 on Stubhub. Almost any other time, Spot's idea about last minute tickets is a good one - ticket holders panic and prices plummet. My son has stood right outside the gate, waited until about an hour before puck drop, then bought and downloaded tickets at half price or better.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 371
Posted: 7/19/2017 8:38:46 AM
Lotta money to watch Canadians skate
I go to an event I best be comped. Not a sports fan, watcher.. no idea what is going on.
30 for a lap dance sounds cheap - I suppose you tip , right?
LOL, sorry, no pun intented
 sun___flower
Msg: 372
view profile
History
Hard to get
Posted: 7/19/2017 10:44:44 AM
Ouija
Lordy so ppl can't go an hour and a half at the flicks without food? So many open mouth chewers - gives me the auggies.

Totally agreed. Eating during a movie distracts me - my own or that of others.

I suppose you tip , right?
LOL, sorry, no pun intented

'Keep the tip. Please.'
 south_city
Msg: 373
Hard to get
Posted: 7/19/2017 11:09:36 AM

I wouldn't buy season tickets for any pro or college sports team. But for 1-2 games per season, I have spent that much money or more for a sporting event.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 374
Hard to get a clue that going to a sports even is a rip off
Posted: 7/19/2017 11:11:07 AM
PT Barnum said it best
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 375
Hard to get a clue that going to a sports even is a rip off
Posted: 7/19/2017 11:57:43 AM

PT Barnum said it best

Which is: "There's a sucker born every minute."
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on here!