Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sigungq
Msg: 26
view profile
History
why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on here!Page 2 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
flrezy1982 wrote:

I've opened up conversations with woman, several conversations with women have been very informative and encouraging. however; i have begun to wonder why do some of these women feel as though it is ok to play hard to get, or feel the need to "be Chased" while trying to meet someone online? can anyone explain this to me!

I could write and defend a dissertation on this. Suffice to say, that one of the common threads in just about all women's profiles is some variation of "I don't like playing head games".

So to all out there in POF land, get this straight:

Playing "hard to get" IS a HEAD GAME.

NUFF SAID!
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 27
why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on here!
Posted: 2/25/2013 5:12:28 PM
I'm not "chasing" any woman.......she doesn't like me? her loss and there's something out there worth pursuing, who will like you. Neck Romancer- the women who think men are this way, are usually the ones who are serial daters, and see nothing wrong with that.
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2013 5:56:43 PM
simple...they do not like you. hard to get implies you have a chance. You will eventually find someone who is easy to get, then you will post about STDs.
 beachnblues4me
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2013 6:34:17 PM
I just want a man to show me he is interested and persistent. I lose interest if the guy doesn't contact me for a while. I don't sit around and wait, I've moved on!
 GJBrown
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/25/2013 7:05:14 PM
All women play hard to get! online and off.
some are actually Hard to get. Would you really want want who throws herself at you and all you said is Hello
 JGirlSD
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/25/2013 8:51:04 PM
GJBrown..not all women play hard to get..many woman have standards
 sigungq
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2013 8:53:58 PM
gaile79 wrote:

Well let me tell you my experience. I don't know how it is for all women on here but it can be very overwhelming for me. We get multiple messages daily. I have over 200 messages in my inbox right now and I just can't go through all of them or look at all those profiles. I don't think it's about the chase, I think it's not knowing who to keep talking to and who to let go. I have a hard time telling a man I'm not interested in him. I will do it nicely because I don't want to hurt someones feelings. Just know that a women's experience on here is NOT the same as a mans. Women just get naturally chased more than men. It's probably not personal. :)

I've been trying to explain this to these numties for a while now. Forgetting the chase for a minute, it's pure numbers. Men severely outnumber women online in general, and even more so in dating sites. I have tried to explain that messaging a woman on a dating site is rather like sending a letter to a Hollywood star asking for a date. What are the chances that the Hollywood star will even get to read your letter let alone answer it and say yes? One of my dance students was on here for about a year, and got over 500 messages a day. She didn't have enough time in a day to read all that.

Thank-you for pointing all that out. All you blokes should listen to this lady. She nicked it there.
 JGirlSD
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/25/2013 9:05:21 PM
Ahhh..but us old ones don't get that many letters..LOL
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/25/2013 10:44:52 PM
I think the women that want to meet quick will meet you quick but a lot of them are probably just playing it safe. Taking more time to know someone online then they would in person. You don't have to really chase them, just keep them on the hook for a while and continue to talk to other women. If you never meet them there is no harm done, no money being spent.
 JGirlSD
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/26/2013 6:08:36 AM
LOL..go figure someone will turn this into money being spent....this has nothing to do with that..LOL

Other than that comment though, roadrunner is right. Playing it safe. There are a lot of scams going on, not only men scamming women, but also the other way around. There are two ways of looking at it though...by continuing a long and drawn out email/text 'relationship'...there is no guarantee that you are actually communicating with a 'real' person. If you meet right away, you know that it's a person...and if you are smart, you can tell what the intentions are. I personally prefer to chat/email for a very short time then meet.

What was that big incident in the news with that poor football player? He really thought he was chatting with a woman!

By asking the right questions and not jumping in at the second email, a woman can determine if this is legit. I say
 ladywyatt
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/28/2013 9:13:55 AM
Generalize much??
Soooo ONE gal with bedroom pics and duckface says ALL women get hundreds of messages....therefore we all do???

That's funny too....
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/28/2013 9:28:50 AM
Well I am certainly not going to tell you how many messages I got because I can't count that fast. I think since 7am this morning I have had between 3 and 4 hundred but it is not even noon yet so there is no way for me to calculate what will happen before the day is over. I didn't have time to read any of the messages so I just pushed the automatic delete button and now they are starting to stack up again, lol.
 sgalaviz
Msg: 38
 sgalaviz
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/28/2013 2:39:10 PM
Okay Mr professional, write a book! lol
 Spiritus541
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/28/2013 5:51:30 PM
It's because women are insecure attention addicts. Also, they need to build their self esteem by manipulating men.
Women are common, selfish and shallow. Most of them don't even know how to be ladies. Is it any wonder men just want them for one thing?
 SPArwell
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/28/2013 6:17:25 PM
If they find you attractive they will contact you first or reply to your message. Unless something on your profile freaks them out.
 Helios10
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/1/2013 1:19:08 AM
Women play hard to get because they can choose who they want, they have a multitude of men contacting them so they can take their time...simple!
 mainelythere
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/1/2013 6:06:42 AM
Its delusion. SO many men are hounddogs that will give anything attention that many less than stellar women incorrectly makes them think they can hold out for a banker that has the body of tatum channing.
 pure_country117
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/1/2013 8:45:51 AM
Iv seen allot of that and Iv got blocked cause I called them out, like this one girl I told her she was very beautiful and she just gave me a stuck up reply so I told her she's to good to be true and that its a game to her, see when a girl know's she's pretty, beautiful and all that it gets to there head but can still feel insacure so they like when all these guys send them messages and flirts and gifts and tell her she's beautiful, it just becomes a game and I told here that I told her that she was insacure so she depends on everyone else to make her feel good and its true I dated a girl like that she didnt get dressed up for me she got dressed up so everybody would stare and complament her, mine wasnt enough she had to have everyone elses and I got tired of dealing with all the compatition
 pure_country117
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/1/2013 8:50:31 AM
See thats my prob. they will reply back and we may have a conversation but then it just ends so I dont know if its something In my profile or my pictures I need someone to look at mine and tell me what I need to do
 capnSteve97206
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/1/2013 9:04:27 AM
That explains a lot of them. I haven't seen imagination mentioned yet. Women's imagination can be as real to them as a tire iron upside the head is to us. Some have left no doubt in my mind they think fairy tales and romance novels ARE the blueprint of reality. Naturally when they"re sitting at home alone, the fantasy generator is going to get cranked up to overdrive and visions of sugarplums and hot looking $100K+ hunkmuffin professional beefcake that never belches, farts, or has razor stubble start dancing in their heads. How does a mediocre looking working stiff compete against that? Most I've contacted months ago are still active , and only one of them was a "Barby Doll". 200-500 emails a day, and not one hot looking $100K+ hunkmuffin professional beefcake? For me online has been a waste of time. I liken it to throwing messages in a bottle out into the ocean when I have the time.
 LyamB
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2013 9:13:25 AM
People have to remember that when you think their playing 'hard to get', their just not interested.

I've never exchanged messages when someone's played hard to get, and if they do; I stop messaging because I assume their not interested.

That's my take anyway. Probably wrong :(
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 48
why do women play hard to get in online dating? it's a reason you're on here!
Posted: 3/1/2013 9:54:32 AM
LyamB is correct.

It's really not complicated at all.
 WolfSpirit29
Msg: 49
why do women play hard to get in online dating? it's a reason you're on here!
Posted: 3/1/2013 10:05:56 AM
I don't play hard to get at all. If you message me telling me you READ my profile, yet you are black or shorter than 6', I know dang well you DIDN'T read my profile. Therefore you LIED and I am not interested in liar's. It's called respect me...that's all it takes to catch my attention, and then respect and honesty is all that is needed to keep it. :)
 Seeyousmile383
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/2/2013 8:38:57 AM
Ive tried every tactic there is,,some women are on this site cuz they are Nutts!!lol,,Ive tried long open interesting hellos talking about their profiles,interests etc,,no response,changed my profile and pics multible times,no help,,so now my first response is just hello,just to see if they are evn going to respond before I waste my time typing a long message,,
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on here!