Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 from site to sight
Msg: 201
why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason you're on here!Page 9 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

Even in movies the romantic leads head to bed quickly. Love is at first sight.

If someone has an identical twin brother/sister, can there be love at fist sight with both siblings at the same time?
 gtomustang
Msg: 202
why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason you're on here!
Posted: 7/9/2017 1:07:46 PM
"Can there be love at fist sight..at the same time?"
>>>if the sibling being dated walks in when the other one is getting the goodies...yeah, I bet there will be some fist sighting :)
 spot4username
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2017 1:36:26 PM

"Can there be love at fist sight..at the same time?"
>>>if the sibling being dated walks in when the other one is getting the goodies...yeah, I bet there will be some fist sighting :)

Remember that thread where people asked what makes a person creepy?
This.
This makes a person creepy.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2017 1:47:10 PM
Pig, those are your words. If you want, you can look at it that way, where you win a woman and she's a prize. I feel like I'm a great catch for a variety of reasons, but would never call myself a prize.

Women bump it up all the time with plastic surgery. That's a big bump to go under the knife. Big breasts certainly do increase a woman's dating potential significantly. Some bump it up with having sex right away when they don't want to, and that could also be about not valuing one's self. Women can bump it up by losing weight, always looking put together. They can wear more suggestive clothing, but it could be a double edged sword, because while men may want to view that, they may not want to be seen with that. You have to know your target audience.

Mustang guy, I was thinking about your lady friend. I've read a few profiles where the guys say they want a woman who will do yard work with them. She's still married, right? When she's ready for OLD, she needs to put that in her profile, wanted, a guy that likes yard work. Who would have thunk it, to require something like that and ask for it. And here I've been doing my own yard work, LOL. Can't take pride in ownership of you let someone else do your work, though. A huge amount of men advertise saying they can fix anything. If you're not good looking, be handy:)

In my case, my cheating husband was a habitual cheater, doesn't matter who he's with. After we were married, as time went on, he slowly told me about what he did to other women. Not only was he a cheater, but he was a reverse cheater. He thought he would make himself available after I booted him out, maybe thinking I want to get back at the woman he was cheating with. He kept making offers to "mow my lawn", and go hiking with me, but I moved on the day I kicked him out.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 205
Posted: 7/9/2017 2:06:17 PM

Pig, those are your words. If you want, you can look at it that way, where you win a woman and she's a prize. I feel like I'm a great catch for a variety of reasons, but would never call myself a prize.

(sigh) Everything you say implies women are a prize. So, no. They are not "my words".

Women bump it up all the time with plastic surgery. That's a big bump to go under the knife. Big breasts certainly do increase a woman's dating potential significantly. Some bump it up with having sex right away when they don't want to, and that could also be about not valuing one's self. Women can bump it up by losing weight, always looking put together. They can wear more suggestive clothing, but it could be a double edged sword, because while men may want to view that, they may not want to be seen with that. You have to know your target audience.

I find it interesting and telling that nowhere in this paragraph does "trying to be a better person" appear.
 spot4username
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2017 2:09:35 PM
^^^ She's full of crap. She spins her post all over the place. First she says A then she says B then she says C.

Just check out the thread she started about men being cheap. Insulting to say the least.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 207
Posted: 7/9/2017 2:15:14 PM
^^^^

There are starving people everywhere , why are some people choosing to instead feed an obvious troll ?????
 spot4username
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2017 2:17:06 PM
^^^^
TROLLS GOTTA EAT TOO!!!!

In order to maintain the highest quality bollocks you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 209
Posted: 7/9/2017 2:18:58 PM
^^^

Some trolls look like they eat plenty
 NewYorker58
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2017 2:53:46 PM
Pig, that's right, why would I mention anything about personality when the guys are shopping with their eyes?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 211
Posted: 7/9/2017 3:19:42 PM
Jaysus, she's all over the place.

I can't imagine why your ex cheated on such a great catch...
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 212
Posted: 7/9/2017 4:10:48 PM
She is beginning to remind me of that one crazy broad Charmin used to endlessly duke it out with. I can't recall the name, but she didn't give a rat's a$$ about whether she had a sound argument, she just liked to type and did so quite horribly.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 213
Posted: 7/9/2017 5:35:28 PM
well not on topic at all, but I checked, 13 plus hours to get to Cuba :( So I will have to be happy with a Cuban sandwich.
I'm not hard to get, hard to keep perhaps.
Meanwhile I stopped game playing when I was a kid. Except Chess I yell " finish him"
Pig I don't think you mean Charmin I think you mean Karma
 gtomustang
Msg: 214
Posted: 7/9/2017 5:48:14 PM
"Mustang guy, I was thinking about your lady friend."

>>>she's divorced, and 40 men later has 2 STDs b/c her last one couldn't keep it in his pants. At least he didn't lie, told her he wasn't looking for a GF but if she wanted to move in and act like one, that was on her. So she's done with dating at age 60. Still looks good enough to get hit on at work, I guess its easy to stop dating when people still chase :) Now that I've been sick with Lyme, she's gotten the mower tuned and figured out how to mow. I think :) on a serious note, if you get chased for some reason, like you look good, or you're an artist and people are throwing money at you or whatever...the best time to ask is before you seal the deal. As long as we aren't a jerk about it, the worst is they can say no. unfortunately, not all of us offer things that other people are interested in "paying" for. the more you have, the better you get. which is why its good to develop one's personality and brains at a young age, and practice can make perfect.

"If you're not good looking, be handy"

>>>that can be taken many ways, and those of us not good looking already figured it out :) lol

"why...mention anything about personality when guys are shopping with their eyes?"

>>>b/c not all guys are boys. Real men are looking for personality and brains, and not enough women are advertising that. its easier to wear a tight low cut shirt. when you fish for tuna, don't use shark bait :)

I do remember Charmin getting into it with someone over her old post on a party pooping friend who tried to be a clock blocker. Anyone want to go dredge that up, it might be fun.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 215
Posted: 7/9/2017 6:17:03 PM
I don't remember what it was all about, but they went at it all the time. She was also rockntrucker's ONLY defender when he started ranting. I'm surprised they never hooked up. As I said, her typing was horrible, and I struggled to understand what she was trying to say half the time, but what I could understand was always utter bullshit.

To New Yorker's credit, at least her writing is legible, as nonsensical as her actual points may be.
 spot4username
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2017 6:37:08 PM
^^^^
Pretty sure I know who the garbage typist was. She was actually around up until a couple, few weeks ago. She has *cough* reinvented herself ... again.

In order to maintain the highest quality bull hockey you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 217
Posted: 7/9/2017 7:14:50 PM
I think Vicki was the chick that argued with a Charmin

She was from the U.K. And bragged about getting the house from her divorce
 forumslady
Msg: 218
Posted: 7/9/2017 8:01:14 PM
Goodness, when did the forum's become pick on NewYorker58?

I've had an extra shi--y week.

I come to the forums to take things off of my mind, as odd as that may sound.

Pig, I'm trying to figure out how to say this, without pizzing you off, but I would suggest you do some reading, into what went on while you were gone.
You are a grown man, you have never disrespected me, nor am I disrespecting you, I am simply trying to clue you in.
People aren't always what they seem, this I found out the hard way. I'll leave it at that.

While I might not agree with NewYorker58, at times, I admit, she is more "Old school" than I am (and I AM old school, somewhat), I'm growing weary of these attacks on her, because I have not seen anything she has done to deserve it.

Pick on New Yorker58 is NOT the title of this thread.

The title is, Why do women play hard to get. SO, to get this thread back on track (and hope it stays on track).......

Some women play hard to get, some don't. Focus on the ones who don't. Easy peasy. :)
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2017 11:01:43 PM

No woman wants to have to pick up a rock to find a guy under it.

Telling. Very telling.

Some women play hard to get, some don't. Focus on the ones who don't.

Yup, that's the line of least resistance. Take the easy way out. That's why guys spam these sites with 100s of one-liners, or walk up to women and blatantly proposition themselves - because eventually, someone says, "Yes." So let's focus on the drunks and crazies and desperates and any-port-in-a-storm types and nobody else will think us lesser for it - because that's what we are SUPPOSED to do. Never mind that women could just ease up on maybe two criteria on their wish list and open up thousands of possibilities themselves.

I can't find the source of the quote, but a comedian once said,
"Funny how women who love to declare they are High Maintenance would never be caught dead dating a real Maintenance Man."

If you want a guy to treat you like a partner, it starts by treating him as an equal. Not better. Not worse. Like you treat yourself. I believe someone thousands of years ago said that quote first, and is now loved by billions around the planet.

We're picking on NY58 pretty much because her statements tend to come across as an entitlement princess. You can say she's got a strong opinions and sticks to it, but for the most part, her platitudes show a polarizing bias towards the idea that if you're not on top, you might as well be under a rock. If you're not the king sitting on his throne, you're a troll under a bridge - and she keeps believing there's nothing wrong with that. Hey, people can believe what they want, and wish for the moon; but reality is that most who do that kind of thing without actually going through the steps to build a lunar rocket themselves are just going to end up with a handful of green cheese.

These polarizing black-and-white opinions is the main reason why most guys never get the chance to even TRY to impress someone. The king can't have a castle, or even a decent throne unless some carpenter or stone mason built it for him. - but where is the credit for making THAT kind of living? We can't be the perfect match - we WON'T be the perfect match - but if you keep plugging away this insane idea to 'Never settle' no matter what - we will never, ever see each other on a level playing field - even though that is EXACTLY what we are. Hell, even if a woman has done far better with herself than any guy ever could do - WHY on God's green earth do they still feel compelled to find a guy that makes them feel small?

Fishing for that needle in a haystack means wanting the only rusty prick that can give you lockjaw instead of enjoying the rest of the hay that's serving it's purpose perfectly fine.
- I said that one.
 IBup4it
Msg: 220
Posted: 7/9/2017 11:33:01 PM
I was going to say that I think has to do with what she says. I don't think it's her intentions to seem that way at all. I think it's more she believes women of a particular social standing, have a right to choose guys in their own circles.

Why would a woman date below it? Women are not responsible for what society dictates, they just live in it.

You might not like the idea of it, but that is their world, you either match them in their class or approach a lower class, how hard is that?
 spot4username
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2017 4:30:38 AM
Yeah. I don't have a problem calling out a person for their words on here when they change them so often. This is the same person who has used the word whore to describe women more than once - usually more attractive women who get more attention.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 222
Posted: 7/10/2017 5:45:56 AM

bullshit.

Some of you guys sure do have a problem understanding anyone who doesn't write ABC style.
She kept it real and didn't care to fancypants around the forums. I liked Vikki.
 spot4username
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2017 6:23:41 AM

bullshit.

Some of you guys sure do have a problem understanding anyone who doesn't write ABC style.
She kept it real and didn't care to fancypants around the forums. I liked Vikki.

I got my house too. Of course I have been the one paying the mortgage the entire time so "getting" seems a bit of an overstatement. It is falling apart. Where are all these men who lead with how handy they are!!!???

I am racking my brain but cannot place who Vicki is/was. She sounds like someone I would have liked.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2017 7:17:13 AM

You might not like the idea of it, but that is their world, you either match them in their class or approach a lower class, how hard is that?

Because it's NOT their 'world'. It's not always about what class they are from, or currently exist in - it's what class they WANT to be, what they IMAGINE they should be.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve yourself - but it needs to be grounded in reality to work. 'Faking it 'til you make it' isn't just a corny phrase - it's a way of life for far too many. People with deep personality issues, really bad credit, scars from past relationships - they all WANT something better. So do people who pay their bills, may not look so pretty, and have a family to take care of. But if you can't start your progress forward from your own two feet, then you're standing on other people - and not recognizing how humble your own life is without help is what bugs the crap outta me. Some people simply don't realize how many bodies they've stepped over trying to become 'King/Queen of the Hill'.
 gtomustang
Msg: 225
Posted: 7/10/2017 8:52:59 AM
if a woman realizes she can get away with playing hard to get, she's still playing a game. In doing so, she's going to attract a certain type of male. The other guys will say, "i'm sick of playing that game, C Ya". the result may be, the lady complains she can't find real men. and it can be argued, she made the bed she's getting screwed in. sometimes, she's playing the game b/c deep down, she knows she doesn't have the personality to attract a good man. we all want to live in a mansion, but few want it enough to pay the cost. if a woman spends her money on gym fees and hair coloring and looks younger than her age as a result, then she can run inside the rarified air and bully for her. I may check her out, but I won't waste her time hitting on her, i'm not a contestant in that airspace.

I do pick on some individuals here, b/c they insist on constantly acting like morons. otherwise, I recommend debating someone's words or actions, rather than debating them. a woman I do not find attractive, can do whatever she wants to find men. I don't want her, so it has nothing to do with me. but, we all have our sacred cows, and we all get cranky when someone brings the altar and knife too close to them. I don't think many princesses read something somewhere and decided to approach all men that way. I think they learned over a long period of time to view things a certain way, and at this age now they can take those abstract concepts and put them into concrete words.

where have all the handymen gone? according to this forum, they joined the MTGOW movement :) I think the rest already are booked up with hot messes asking for this and that thing and getting nothing in return. oh wait, that the Nice Guy Handiman, sorry, wrong post.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on here!