Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > What is your custody agreement like?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 buterfly41978
Msg: 23
What is your custody agreement like?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I have full custody, and he sees them once a month usually for one weekend.. Summer a little longer.. However he has become very flaky at his visitations. Overall, we are civil and have a good co-parenting relationship for the better of the kids..
 CouldBWow
Msg: 24
What is your custody agreement like?
Posted: 2/28/2013 8:25:54 PM
I have 50/50 joint custody which is pretty much the standard for Arizona unless one parent is deemed unfit for whatever reason. I would like to see that applied to all 50 states because I think its only fair, not to mention in the best interest of the children to maximize time with both of their parents. Fathers are important, mothers are important, and the kids need them both in their lives.
 TouchOfIdiocy
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/1/2013 5:06:15 PM
I have sole custody. My ex-husband lives in another state and has not seen his son since he left me. Last I heard he was planning a visit for our son's first birthday. I'll believe it when he forwards me his itinerary.

While I was living with family it was actually not bad to get out and meet people, my mother was very kind about keeping an eye on my son while he was sleeping and I could go out for a round of pool or a late dinner.

Now that I've moved two hours away from family for a job, it's going to be a lot more tough. My child care provider has a daughter who I may pay to babysit from time to time. I'd love to make friends with another single parent and swap babysitting once every week or so to allow for dates or just some time to unwind.

It's tough, that's for sure.
 Hands of gold
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2013 6:22:39 PM
Offroader (msg24)
I am curious as to how your custody went down. I didn't go to court, but in Canada, men are not automatically stripped of custody. First choice is to give joint custody if both are willing and able. I know California is a progressive place, just not sure of the case law there.

I do know that some Lawyers can make life miserable in any jurisdiction and if that is what you were up against, my sympathy. I know too many men who got their asses handed to them because they didn't lawyer up to fight.

My advice is to not give up. Keep your eye on the prize, which is that you can again be the father that they want and need. If you are willing and prove that you can do a good job, your ex cannot deny you forever.
 buterfly41978
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/2/2013 5:55:32 AM
[qu0te] I have 1% visitation for now...
Every other saturday from 9am to 3pm.

No drugs, don't abuse alcohol, am a good dad.
Why do good men get screwed by the courts? It makes us look like there is something wrong with us...

Wow.. That is harsh... I can't believe the courts would allow that if everything was on the up and up. Custody is suppose to be about what is best for the kids.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > What is your custody agreement like?