Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > "Meet Me"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AthatitaApudetat
Msg: 51
Meet MePage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I read somewere that if you hit maybe it will show up as a yes. I think that is very true because I have a long line of "yes I want to meet me" but never been contacted by them. I know I very seldom push the yes button after reading their profile. But I hit the maybe like it was a gopher poping out of its hole. As far as man doing the chase, I think that is incorrect. I get viewed a lot by the same women but if they don't email I assume they are looking at me as a maybe and I don't pursue it, not because I want to do the chase. I pretty much know right away by reading their profile that I'm not the one they are looking for so I pass them by regardless of how I feel about them or how many times they view me. Maybe I'm wrong and after the 5th time we play the view each other or say yes to meet I should say something meaningful Idk.
 kari135
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Meet Me
Posted: 3/20/2013 11:45:17 AM
I hadn't looked at the ;meet me' thing for ages until this thread started. They are all new since the last time I looked, but only one came with an email notification from POF. I have no idea where the others came from, most of them have mail setting that exclude me. Even if they were legitimate, they obviously didn't bother to look at my profile, they want someone who definitely isn't me. Imagine living in an RV year round with 4 dogs... Then there's the one who blocked me, and the one I blocked - both of them keep showing up everywhere I look.
 batcher
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Meet Me
Posted: 3/23/2013 9:24:29 AM
I know how you feel I have typed and even went on a meet and haven't received any responses lately
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 54
Meet Me
Posted: 3/23/2013 1:34:29 PM
I used the meet me feature a couple of times out of boredom, I guess you could say. I would look at the profile and if I wasn't sure about them, I would click maybe. Well when a guy sent me a message asking why I wanted to meet him and then never followed up, I realized that maybe and yes sent the same message. Quit using it at that point!
 huerta27
Msg: 55
Meet Me
Posted: 3/23/2013 1:43:58 PM
i dont know it happed to me too
 gwweb
Msg: 56
Meet Me
Posted: 3/23/2013 2:40:24 PM
Im thinking they didn't no how to get around pof web site to find you.I still have questions on what or how to reply.
 larrydawg4u
Msg: 57
Meet Me
Posted: 3/26/2013 5:00:46 AM
sounds like they could be on the crazy side if they are not contacting you back.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 58
Meet Me
Posted: 3/26/2013 5:05:16 AM
I think too often people just see the picture and click yes or maybe but never read the profile then when the other person contacts them, they may actually read the profile and realize you were not someone they really wanted to date.. Take the yes or maybe as a compliment... at least they thought you were cute, lol
 Stubidooo
Msg: 59
Meet Me
Posted: 3/26/2013 6:36:38 AM

I think too often people just see the picture and click yes or maybe but never read the profile

I think this would be a correct assumption. The meet me "click" is generally based on that photo alone.
 chrisknew
Msg: 60
Meet Me
Posted: 3/26/2013 8:05:43 AM
That "Meet Me" tab is just a simple feature who for the most part is for the guys who are visual creatures. I don't take it serious. There was been a couple of guys whom, I say "maybe", but it ends up in their inblox as if Im interested, and then I have to explain.

As far as the Favorite Tab... I will only favorite a guy.. if I like what he write in the forum.. not because Im interested in him, but cause I like what he writes.
 lonearranger
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Meet Me
Posted: 3/27/2013 5:05:01 PM
Freudian posted "Basically, all you can even begin to trust is a contact from a person that has a reasonable profile." Even those are suspect. What constitutes a reasonable profile? Many profiles seem to be written by someone other than the profilee. When the text of the profile is distinctly different from the style or quality of the response, you know you're not getting what you thought you were. And I suspect as well that some of those profiles that show up in Meet Me could be like 'bot emails, generated by the system to keep you thinking someone is interested. Same with the Favorite tab.

I have met very wonderful people on this site and others. You just have to learn to ignore the trollers and look for the one genuine responder. How do you know when he/she is genuine? They mention something about you instead of the "I loved your profile. You seem to be so nice. You and I have so much in common." generic crap.
 mewall
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Meet Me
Posted: 3/28/2013 6:31:44 PM
Can't agree with this. I had several hit the meet me feature. Two I contacted back and we mutually agreed we had no interest. One, well I looked at his photo and read his profile over and over. I had decided I was not going to respond to anymore. After about a week and a half, I decided what the heck. Just go for it, respond back and expect nothing. That was 2 years ago. The man really intrigued me and evidently the feeling was mutual. We have been together ever since. Love is strange and it can hit you like walking into a brick wall. Go with your gut instinct.
 wcratz2012
Msg: 63
Meet Me
Posted: 3/28/2013 6:52:59 PM
Its just a toy to tease you.

Women use it to tease men to see how many messages they can get. Even tho they have no real intention to reply.
Its a ego boost thing.
 crb047
Msg: 64
Meet Me
Posted: 3/29/2013 6:37:58 AM
Lol exactly what I was going to say. When I first joined I would send back a polite thank you to anybody who sent me something but I learned very quickly that most people will take that as a sign that you are interested in them when in fact you are not. I had to learn real quick that my polite nature would have to take a bit of a back seat to those who I knew that I was not going to be interested in meeting. I send out a lot of messages that never get a response but a few ladies do respond from time to time.

I think that I would rather someone ignore me than to send me a no thanks. But that is just me, I know everyone is different :)

( this was a response to a lady's comment on the second page, topless Jeep Chick I think was her name)
 GL165
Msg: 65
Meet Me
Posted: 3/30/2013 12:45:27 AM
lol. single girls giving other single girls bad advice.

nice.
 Gideon_70
Msg: 66
Meet Me
Posted: 4/2/2013 8:34:48 AM

And for that matter, don't waste your time messaging the men on these sites. From my own experience, they want to be the hunters and you'll rarely, if ever, get a response from a message you initiate.

I strongly disagree with that. I'm 47 going on Oh, my god, and find that I prefer women to initiate contact. It tells me that they have read my profile, find my likes and wants similar enough to make a click, and are interested in actually talking to me. The three or four actual dates I've gotten on here that were good dates all came from that scenario.
 lightninbug22
Msg: 67
Meet Me
Posted: 4/6/2013 1:12:58 AM
OP, my advice is to not take any of this too seriously. Get used to men falling off the face of the earth, not answering your notes, making crazy assumptions. I realize that there are some good people on here, but finding the right one very well may be like finding a needle in a haystack. If it is meant to happen, it will. Otherwise, just expect the unexpected, because that is what you will get.
 mysyn
Msg: 68
Meet Me
Posted: 4/7/2013 12:20:19 PM
Hey Never give up. The present day composer refuses to die. Anyone who likes dogs cant be bad.
 jrich01963
Msg: 69
Meet Me
Posted: 4/8/2013 2:14:32 PM
I wouldn't read too much into it. You obviously intrigued them. Maybe they aren't ready themselves and are just checking out POF for the first time. Maybe its something else. Its easy to misunderstand online signals. I wouldn't let there lack of response bother you.
 ranne7
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Meet Me
Posted: 4/9/2013 6:48:41 PM
Good thoughts and good encouragement, thanks:)
 FreeCarrie
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Meet Me
Posted: 4/10/2013 5:34:54 AM
I have to say that those that I have contacted have mostly responded. At first I thought let the men make the first move as I was a little shy, but actually its ok to message them first (why not)?
 _FishingForAMermaid_
Msg: 72
Meet Me
Posted: 4/10/2013 1:15:23 PM
This serves as a "wink" to inform others that you are interested. Use it that way, expect little, and see what happens. One never knows. At least it is being pro-active instead of just waiting to see who contacts you.
 brisco414
Msg: 73
Meet Me
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:03:06 PM
I just yesterday reconnected with a really nice guy on the "meet me" feature. I don't know how it will turn out but we might have missed each other if it wasn't available. So in some cases it is useful.
 Pisces22469
Msg: 74
Meet Me
Posted: 4/13/2013 11:12:24 AM
I feel like the "Meet Me" feature is a nice addition to the site. Maybe change the name to "flirt" or "wink".
I don't click Yes/Maybe unless I have read over her entire profile & feel like she would be someone that I would want to meet. If I have the time at that moment, I'll send her a message. If not, I click the Yes/Maybe button as a bookmark to come back to message her later. Maybe if she see's it & has a mutual interest she may send me a initial message first.
The only thing I don't get about this feature are the women that say Yes/Maybe to a man's profile. I have a mutual interest & send a message. Only to never receive a reply. Surely, she must have had some interest. Even a thanks, but no thanks would be better than no reply at all.
 jeni366
Msg: 75
Meet Me
Posted: 4/13/2013 12:30:16 PM
I completely get that people will select "yes" or "maybe" for "meet me" and then never bother to respond to a message or end up not being interested, but I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would select you as a "favorite" and then not respond when you send them a message. I sent a message to someone who had selected me as a favorite and I never heard from him. I read his profile, found some common interests, brought them up in my message ... etc. I suppose he may have met someone but he was on the next day and frequently in the weeks since then. I don't give any credence to the "favorites". If someone has an interest, it may be that they have to send me a message as I'm not banking on the "meet me" or "favorite" features.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > "Meet Me"