Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Pursue or not pursue      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 awesomeo4000
Msg: 44
Pursue or not pursuePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

There is ALWAYS someone plotting to steal your girl, especially if she's attractive; it's up to you to not let that happen.

Actually, this is 100% true. The way to not let it happen is to keep her interest level up and build a strong relationship. Of course, I'm the type that WANTS them coming after my girl. I want her to go out looking as hot as possible and have men constantly hitting on her as she turns them all down. There are some very loyal beautiful women out there.

I've dated incredibly hot women. The type of women that men are always pursuing no matter where they are. If you feel insecure that someone is hitting on your girl. Then you can't date women like this.

Absolutely true.

The woman that loves you, will look at the advances of other men simply as flattery and will ignore them. What will keep her with you, depends more on how solid is the relationship. When a woman loves you, she can get hit by 100 men and it will mean nothing to her.

Again, right on.

As far as OP's dilemna - dude, it's a war out there. There's nothing wrong with building a friendship with her. It's find to use your charm and build attraction. If she see's you as a higher value man, and she doesn't love the other guy, she'll want to come to you. That's all perfectly fine. Why shouldn't it be? Isn't that our goal? To find the best person we can to be with? Just don't put her in a situation to cheat on the guy and you're good.
 differentcloth
Msg: 45
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 2/28/2013 9:04:12 AM
Well my boi, I'm going to have to say, don't take it serious! You might want to quit the nice gut thing if that's what you're doing. Trust and believe she knows you're interested in her; which is probably why she does all the flirting to test herself with older men. What do y'all do when you're hanging out together? Are you taking her out? Things that are nothing to you can be just enough for her! Remember, regardless of what anyone says, she's only 22! There's alot she has to learn, and will try to learn. I mean, I can't say she's like the rest, but you have to thnink about it. At that age, what we're trying to do is have a good time. If she has a man, and she's chillin with you, it's safe to say you're not the only one whom she's chillin with. Do you know for sure if she has a man? What if she's telling you this to keep you in that certain place which you're placing yourself as? But, honestly, I don't think you're really that interested in her, you just want to get wet yourself. Stick to the truth(and that's from EVERY aspect.) Besides, you can always slide it in as a joke to help you save face!!!!
 Green_MK2
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 2/28/2013 10:00:07 AM
It's a lot earlier than you all think... met her a couple times, know I will see her again.
If I took her out already, would mean the pursue is already under way. Wouldn't be much point in this thread then.

Anyway about taking this seriously. I don't.
I AM a good looking guy, but I don't have the right attitude to get girls, so I don't.
But I just like to think 'What if ?'
What if I done it right this time... what if I gave the right first impression and then carried on correctly?
I like to think she might actually like me. As far as I know, she can be ALL THAT for me, it's too early to tell of course...
I know from the first looks she at least thinks I'm handsome... but I also know this is not enough.
What do I have to do to not screw this up then ?

I also thought it would be a good subject to carry a debate here, it worked in that sense.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 47
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 2/28/2013 11:41:36 AM
I just love the politically correct responses from the high and mighty. lol I say go for it. The boyfriend is obviously not making her happy otherwise she wouldn't be talking to you. I say talk her into breaking up with the boyfriend and move in. Take over. and make it known to her, you will not tolerate her talking to any other guys. Put your foot down.
 OutMind
Msg: 48
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 2/28/2013 11:43:24 AM

you will not tolerate her talking to any other guys.

And how do you propose to do that?
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 49
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 2/28/2013 11:45:55 AM
Easy. Its alot easier than you think. Make it known to her, that you will not tolerate her doing to you, what she just did to her now boyfriend. Trust me when I tell you, there are ways. I have done it. Just make it known to her, it will not be tolerated. simple. Draw your own conclusions.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 2/28/2013 12:34:19 PM

and make it known to her, you will not tolerate her talking to any other guys

I guess it's true some girl love a man who's assertive, but that's a bit too much imo.
I'd rather find other ways to keep my girl than to forbid her to do anything. So long as I'm the one she runs home to, I don't mind who she talks to.
To each is own.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 51
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 2/28/2013 12:38:26 PM
I have often been very leary of women that have alot of so called male friends. Who do you think they will cry to, if you guys get in an argument? Their male friends. They will be there to comfort them in their time of need. I have never understood the need to have the opposite sex as friends. If I want or need friends, i will hang with guys. the opposite sex is to date, have sex with, have a relationship with. Friends are a no no. maybe that is old world thinking, but so be it.. women should be friends with other women or gay guys. Not straight hetero men.
 OutMind
Msg: 52
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 2/28/2013 1:37:19 PM
that you will not tolerate her doing to you, what she just did to her now boyfriend. Trust me when I tell you, there are ways. I have done it. Just make it known to her, it will not be tolerated. simple. Draw your own conclusions.

Not the type of woman I would like to date that I would have to resort to this type of intimidation. In my book it's totally unacceptable. I deal with a lot of smart women that are in sales, marketing, professional and ALL have male friends that are not for fvcking. In fact, I have several female friends that are nothing more than that. Their boyfriends ARE good friends of mine. My gf has some male friends as well and I do not have any issues with that. If one of my friends came to me saying that they just started dating some dude that said what you said, I would tell her to ditch him right away.

Also, even a thread will not stop a woman or anyone that is not happy with their current relationship to start looking else where.
 hotmerlot
Msg: 53
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 3/2/2013 7:31:31 AM

you will not tolerate her talking to any other guys. Put your foot down.

That's right put your foot down, then your other foot and keep going. If you have to bully your woman into loyalty then something is terribly wrong.

OutMind has it right!
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 54
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 3/2/2013 10:21:58 AM
Hotmerlot, I will never understand the need for women to have male friends. It has always boggled my mind and no woman of mind will have them. Unless they are gay and pose no threat to my relationship.
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 55
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 3/2/2013 10:31:32 AM
I have been in similar situations but have always taken the high road and respected the men in established relationships.

A) I am man enough to get my own UNATTACHED women who are MY age, not some immature women much younger and easier to get. Don't be a wuss.
B) Like others have said, I follow the golden rule, even in dating. Karma's a biatch, what goes around comes around.
C) Her boyfriend might not take too kindly to you stealing her away and his friends might not take too kindly to it either. I have known many a lowlife wuss who got the stuffing beat out of them for attempting the same idiotic move. Don't be an idiot, too.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 3/2/2013 10:50:23 AM
@Break
Well not always. I've seen it often, the people will try different things that often follow each other closely or even overlap/get blurry... especially with people in their 20s. Before it actually gets serious.
For instance my older sis, who just jumped from one boat to another, been 5 years now and things couldn't be better for them. He was the right guy for her, no matter who she was with before.
I never actually intend to break a relationship using any ploy or persuasion, but maybe it's not that bad to make sure the girl knows her options.

And yeah, for the record, I am an arrogant-douchy-low-life, if you only knew me lol!
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 57
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 3/2/2013 6:18:55 PM
the girl is 22 or 23 the boyfriend is 22 or 33. and you think you can offer more to her than this young guy? no wonder a guys in 50s can have gals in 20s easy for they can offer more than you may be ?
 Duhh420
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 3/3/2013 9:18:11 AM
If you have to defend your own actions on here, you will do what you want anyways. What is the point of posting on a Forum. There goes all your chances of finding a good, single woman on this site. Most people do read these forums FYI.
 msright78
Msg: 59
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 3/3/2013 10:08:09 AM
U must be crazy to think that her relationship with her bf is not serious and that ur willing to come in between of them.

Ur selfish and a horrible person.

Imagine if the tables were turned on u. How would that make u feel if u were dating some girl, and some next guy tried to win ur gurl?

jeeeez, it's guys like U who give good guys a bad name.

tsk tsk...shame on u for wanting to break up a relationship
 Green_MK2
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Pursue or not pursue
Posted: 3/3/2013 10:14:04 AM
Lol, funny how people can be quick to judge.
Okay then I'm a horrible, horrible person.

I'm not feeling the need to defend myself, I'm just carrying a conversation. I don't give a damn what y'all think about me, but I like hearing points of views.

" There goes all your chances of finding a good, single woman on this site. Most people do read these forums FYI."

Yeah I guess I gave up on that idea long ago... no wonder since I'm such a horrible person.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Pursue or not pursue