Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 60
Folks and their lists.Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Re: #74 -
I probably have an iq higher than yours....
Probably not above mine (only about 1% come close). I'm above 150. When I score lower, it's because that's the maximum score of the test. However, keep in mind that intelligence does not necessarily map to "people skills."

Only 3% of adults exceed an IQ of 130. Some charts say that only 0.1% exceed 145, but that seems wrong (0.4% seems more correct). A genius is supposed to be an IQ of 160 or above.
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 61
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/22/2013 12:17:42 PM
Probably not above mine (only about 1% come close). I'm above 150.

She wasn't even responding to you but I see that it was important that you let all of us know on this thread that you think your IQ is high. Almost every guy I have dated has said that at one time his IQ was tested and that it was so fvcking high, that it was unmeasurable (or something to that effect). That is statistically impossible. I now just let that statement go in one ear and out the other. When I ask them details about how old they were and ask them what the test was like, they invariably were under age 18 and the tests they describe are nothing like actual IQ tests.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 62
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/22/2013 12:23:26 PM
Re: ^ - Point taken. However, my scores held true into adulthood too. However, as to (my) heredity, I have ancestors from both parents who were above average too. My patrilineal great-grandfather spoke seven languages, and on my mother's side, I have architects and lawyers through different ancestral paths within 5 generations. A study of IQ by profession generally rates all of those in the above average (with the professional averages being about 120-125 for those jobs mentioned). As there were no standardized IQ tests in the 19th Century, it's impossible to assign better scores.

OK, so perhaps I was being a bit pompous in disclosing my approximate score, but someone has to put her in her place.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/22/2013 12:28:13 PM
^^^High IQ Rabbitman to the rescue, saving all POFers from Fiery Blonde...
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 64
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/22/2013 12:35:26 PM
^^^^^^
"an oc looks so cute in her new Do"

+1 on that.

Rabbitman - Are your ancestors from the "Lake Wobegone" region, where men are handsome and children are above average? Just curious.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/22/2013 12:49:56 PM
^^^ hey now GT watch where your treading, I'm cleaning OCs house this weekend, RMs getting jealous so he's dropping the IQ card on me...
 mamasboy069
Msg: 66
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/22/2013 2:43:13 PM
Wat no,s u boys tawken bout?brain no,s er the one that really counts,hey now,hahahaha,,Oh an them dang pesky mail restrictions stillon.

the proofs in the choc cream pie
wen ya loose ur borders language an culture u nolonger have a cntry
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 67
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/22/2013 2:45:33 PM
Asus999, That list is so long and stupid I just can't belive someone would come up with one. But then like I always say, Have faith in people to find someone who is more stupid then anyone else you know.

FB So let me understand that,,, So you post that IQ must be way above avg and yet you want to do laundry and dishes????
Here you are saying how good you are and how lucky the men would be to have you as a wife. The real question is not what you think about your self. But what the guys think about you, Do they too agree with you that they would be lucky dogs if you said yes to get married to them?? You see its not what you think about your self its more what other think about YOU. So here you are on a free site with the rest of us, From your posts I would say you think that people on here are not good enough for you. But you still here complaining about how hard it is to meet anyone.What does that tell you about your self and your worth??? If guys rather not date you???
If you don't mind me asking, So what happened to the husband you are divorced from???? Was he too stupid to know how good he had it with you??? Or could it be that no matter how you felt about your self and how good you are. Maybe he didn't think that you are the best that he could do?? I would love to get his side of the story.....
Lets be honest about it all you are lazy cause you don't want to work and you hate your job. So you figured with your above avg IQ that all women must hate there job. Cause if they didn't that would mean there must be something wrong with YOU, We all know that can't be true as you are the woman every man would be lucky to have.
All you need to do now is convince everybody else what you managed to convince yourself of.
Right now you are not doing a good job at it. No one fell into your trap yet....
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/22/2013 10:21:37 PM
I always miss a few things so I can come back to finish. I'm able to take care of 2 house cleanings a weekend, no need to worry your place will be spotless...
 ImReadyForUnow
Msg: 70
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/22/2013 10:30:15 PM
Hoopsfan and Toomuchfun,

May I suggest a "meet n greet" you're around 12 miles apart or maybe a room! ;-)
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/22/2013 10:42:32 PM
^^^how was San Diego? Some good food in old town? Red Devils #1
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 73
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/23/2013 4:20:48 PM
Re: #87 - No. I have no ancestors who lived in Minnesota, although one of my maternal grandmother's brothers moved (and was killed) there.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 74
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/23/2013 4:31:37 PM
^^^^^^
"By the way, he has 3 rooms and 3 bathrooms to clean."
TMF, I know you're a good guy, I have a 20% off coupon for Bed, Bath & Beyond. You'll be needing plenty of supplies soon, and money being tight like it is, maybe this will help you out :)
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/25/2013 1:02:32 PM
Thumbz your the man, I need all the help I can get...The BB&B coupon will come in handy as I only use the finest cleaning supply products. Some of my competitors choose to shop at the $1.00 store but not me, I leave no pillow un-fluffed and no dust bunnies...
TMF
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 76
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/25/2013 5:27:50 PM
My rabbit would not have approved. She liked the dust bunnies too!
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/25/2013 9:41:36 PM
Not problemo Hoops, you pay well...
 mamasboy069
Msg: 80
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/31/2013 7:45:16 AM
eleuthero
the problen u have with all these single sites especially in Ca,there is very Few Really Single Women they r all onna fishen trip for youth an $$$$.I wud say on here 2 outta 10 might b actually single,,but these type of women never come out of fantasyland,they will live there snobby b*t*h attitude life until the grave, ,hell they have shutdown everyman that shows interest,usually cause they Aint Single hahahah,single women dont act like these ones,an also i read a few yrs ago there is a huge shortage of single women in ca,i think forbes magazine

Happy Easter
dont put urself above me
 North_of_Polaris
Msg: 81
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/31/2013 10:18:08 PM
This forum here is always good for a chuckle. I've never been hit with the interrogation style of questioning. They usually look at my shoes and see how freely I buy drinks or toss down a tip. I guess it's a little different in my world. If only they could see my wallet is a Coach wallet. I never knew it was until I realized I had the thing for about half a decade and all of the stitching is intact.

Now, I'm only paraphrasing but one quote from The Wire has stuck in my head. The only way to win the game is not to play it. I'm not one of those hyper-masculine types who drinks natty light and drives a raised truck and I prefer to keep it that way.
 rod1919us
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 4/11/2013 7:05:49 PM
Well, my list is short...it comprises of 5 thing I want in a woman... I call it my fav 5.

1) To look good when we go out
2) Great Sex
3) Great Money habits
4) Make me a sandwich here and there
5) know when to STFU
 JS3344
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 4/12/2013 9:43:11 AM
I think everyone has a long list, the difference being the women put it on their profiles and the guys keep it mental.
For guys, if you include stuff like, does she have a job, does her mom live with her, is she chemically balanced, can she sleep over, does she feel she has to save every freekin animal on the planet ect....everyone's list could be 60+ when you think about it.

1.Here's my shortlist of what i was looking for;
2.Average brunette with straight hair and pale skin
3.Mellow attitude, but direct with me, even a little ****y is ok, no mind reading
4. Has a career and car, works 5/40 like me
5. The kids are gone from her living space.
6. we can sleep at each others place
7. Must not be timid in bed
8. bonus points if she is musically unlimited and doesn't have a shitfit if i listen to hiphop, metal or country
9.Bonus point if she likes to dance, get out and hates TV

Well anyway, unbelievably, I found her after dating in this shithole for a year.......
 mateo45
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 5/5/2013 7:14:11 AM
Long "shopping lists" and being overly "picky" are how some folks hide the fact (usually from themselves) that they're either emotionally unavailable, not that interested, or else they can't afford it to begin with.

Kinda like the neighbor who nitpicks your new car, even though he's unemployed, drives a beater, and thinks a 'tranny' is a female impersonator! ;-p
 matchlight
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 5/15/2013 12:26:02 PM
^^^^I don't care if anyone wants to call my glass half empty or half full, as long as they keep pouring.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 88
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 5/16/2013 11:09:03 AM
Re: #115 -
I don't care if anyone wants to call my glass half empty or half full, as long as they keep pouring.
...But this is California, where it doesn't matter which half the glass is as it is cracked from rim to base!
 Johnfors9112
Msg: 89
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 5/17/2013 12:18:45 AM

Boys, the modern reality is that seeking a mate IS like a job interview.

Well, GIRLS like YOU aren't really worth the "job interview" process or even the effort of talking to(I'll pass on that type of woman)

You men need to be dressed well, & have all the right answers to our questions.

And what types of questions are those? and say we do answer the questions correctly, most of you girls wouldn;t date us anyways, because to you, many of us are "too nice". You don't want "nice/good guys" you want ***holes, remember?

Otherwise us girls will just move on to the next applicant.

Please do so for both of our sake. I have no time, or want to waste my time with some girl who wants to play games, and stack up men she's dating, so she can get off by treating them like dogshit and making them chase her around. You girls sure wouldn;t like it done to you, yet delusional girls like yourself, seem fine with doing it to men.

This is the reality of online dating where so many men are available & falling over each other just to get a simple coffee date with a woman (and the man had better pay for my coffee if they want to be considered).

No, it's the "reality" of YOUR online dating experience, where (no surprise to anyone) You're still single...... I dont "fall all over myself to date" anyone, don;t flatter yourself honey, most of you girls aren't worth the effort.

If you pass the job interview, there will be a probation period, and regularly scheduled performance reviews as the relationship progresses.

Guess this is the sarcasm part eh? we get it....most of us live in reality(which apparently YOU don't), I'm not going to any "job interview" to date some whacko broad who'll most likely "move on to the next guy" anyways, so she can find someone to get something from. Some of you delusional women live in fantasy land.

Get used to it.

"Get used to" sitting home ALOT on weekends and having ZERO dates, while most guys with an IQ over 9 are taking out other, more desirable women and you're sitting home. Also, "get used to" getting comfy with your stuffed animals, or pets, because those are about the only things YOU'LL be spending time with, as most men won;t be spending any $$$ on you.

Poor performance will be dealt with by a verbal warning first time, written warning second time, & a third incident will bring my brother & his buddies over to kick your sorry ass out of the house.

Ahh, more "sarcasm" haha funny funny. I can assure you, your brother, nor his friends would EVER "kick my ass out of yours or anyone else's house", that's a guarantee. Jesus, you delusional women are getting worse by the day.

Welcome to the real world.

No, welcome to YOUR world(where most people DON'T live/visit, or wish to have anything to do with, which is why YOU'RE STILL SINGLE)

Don't be a wimp. Be a man, & deal with it... like a man, not a boy.

Don't be a **** and deal with the fact that you'll continue being single for a very long time, be a woman, and deal with it...like a woman, not a girl.

i laughed my ass off at this
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 92
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 5/18/2013 8:29:34 AM
"Most of the profiles on dating sites are so clone-like that
one wonders if the writer has any unique traits at all."

Perhaps a lot of folks look at a few profiles and try to mimic what they see, because they think that "this is what everybody does", and if it works for them it'll work for me too.
Some of us are willing to stick our neck out and actually open up a bit of what's inside, and we do appreciate seeing a similar profile, but hey, maybe the list thing works for a lot of people. I am turned off by any display of close-mindedness , and to me ANY list is just that, even if it's a list of my favorite things.
Show ALL Forums  > California  >