Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > on-line dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 26
on-line datingPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

It begins with the appearance of a complete stranger, and then works backwards from there, without there being any underlying basis for a relationship. Maybe this is why they end so easily.

Bingo. With OLD, these are practical strangers you have nothing invested in and vice versa, that's why it's so easy to dismiss each other and have the mindset of, "oh well, there'll be someone else". I've had 3 relationships via OLD, the longest was 4 months.

My longest-lasting relationships have been with men I met IRL in everyday settings (i.e. hanging out at a mutual friend's house, in a classroom, at work). Attraction grew as we got to know each other and spend more time together. When I first met my now-fiance at Starbucks 10 years ago,we weren't even considering dating each other. Hell, that would've been unethical since he was the asst. manager and I was a barista. I only worked there for a year and but we remained friends after I left the company. In July of 2015, we started dating and the rest is history.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 27
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/3/2016 8:26:58 PM

My point is: The Difference you allude to is not about Real-Life vs Online. It's about someone with social-circle connections who you Already know & still in the platonic realm initially VS guy-walks-up-to-gal-at-the-bar (which OLD reflects), to kick off knowing each other.

This is the best - concise - explaination of the difference between RL vs OLD I've read. It's spot-on. When you talk to a stranger at bar, you get the Reader's Digest of their life & personality as you search for something in common to anchor your relationship. The fallacy at the bar, and with OLD is that you have no one to verify the details you've been told - it could all be a lie. With the social circle, there's a lot of cross-checking that has gone on before your moment on stage.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 28
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/4/2016 7:19:26 AM
Purple wrote:

I don't have finely tuned writing skills, nor can I read or interpret what is being said between the lines. This is what I'm stuck with. I am, part of the rabble of men that fill sites like this. There is nothing exceptional about me. So, I have OLD, or nothing.

I don't get it. If I may...and I'm not trying to hit on you, lol. You're a strapping 6'3", at 60 you don't look like a typical "old guy," have a nice bike, an experienced rider, acreage, nice dogs, job......and South Bend is far from the boonies, with Notre Dame and a few other smaller colleges within an hour drive. Sure, plenty of college students, but many other middle age and older folks around to support the U's I would imagine. No country music bars/clubs? Country bars are great for 50+...being able to dance helps (see below)....Local Sports bars? With all the U's nearby, continuing ed classes?

......years ago I took a lot of continuing ed dance classes at the local U...country, ballroom, nightclub, etc, and there were plenty of women, single, more than men, in these classes....and the age group is generally 50+. And a tall man in these classes is a bonus because it's easier for beginning women to dance with taller men, when they're learning. At the time I thought to myself "If I'm ever single in my 50's, this is paydirt!" And I leared to dance, to boot, which is always good for meeting women, if you're single, or having fun with the SO, if you get hitched. I would recommend dance classes to anyone here, especially 40+.

But then again, I'm in a high population area, so I may not realize that 3rd or 4th tier cities, while far from being small, may not be fertile dating territory or lack diversity in singles. Not so here.
 gtomustang
Msg: 29
on-line dating
Posted: 10/4/2016 9:26:10 AM
Highly populated areas really help, b/c of the law of averages. There's more to choose from, so the odds of getting say a woman who likes a tightwad, are better than say out in the countryside where she has to pay for a house, mowing the lawn, plowing the driveway in winter, etc. Or for two people just looking for NSA sex to find each other within driving distance.

I live out in the sticks, and the best chances I had with OLD, honestly, were when my father had a quarter mil of frequent flyer miles I was able to tap. I separately met four women for long distance dating, and could hop on a plane for a 25,000 point free flight out there. Then I had a wide-enough dating pool I didn't have to wait a half decade between relationships to discover a woman i'd be attracted to who would find me physically attractive, as I do when I "shop" locally.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 30
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/4/2016 10:11:56 AM
Yup, there is something that's coldly brutally efficient about OLD...so much is quantifiable and if you don't measure up in one of the key attributes, you're filtered out...like some type of industrial sludge. I can envision someone in a Hazmat suit, at the POF server farm... cleaning out the filters, shoveling out those poor filtered out souls and dumping the sludge into a dumpster labelled "losers." Soylent Green, lol...*Sigh* I have been here for a bit over a month, and have no messages to me, and only 3 views - THREE LOUSY VIEWS....and they are from forum members undoubtedly just curious. Sure I know I'm not the classic POF participant, but the way I look at it is it's 3 views, a lousy THREE views out of 40 million potential tire kickers.....I don't think my calculator can calculate such a ridiculous percentage on that. It IS a kick in the groin, for sure. Coldly quantifiable. No wonder some here seem discouraged.

It is like going to a nightclub of 40 million people and 3 people look at you. That's LOOK, not even talk, meet, or gosh forbid, something even further up the relationship chain. H*ll, IRL, I can go to the gym, and a few women may look at me, maybe not, but at the very least , that 300 pound woman huffing on the stairmaster will give me a look...and I'll take it. So that's 1 person out of maybe, 100 people? And that doesn't count the women who look but do so only surreptitiously. And maybe they don't look but at least I BELIEVE they do. But on OLD you ...just...KNOW THEY AREN'T...because the data sez so. Alas.........
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 31
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/4/2016 10:20:21 AM
^ Without a picture most woman won't even bother to view your profile.

No more whining! Back to work for you!

Maybe with luck your little heart will skip a beat if you see a message in your mail.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 32
on-line dating
Posted: 10/4/2016 11:43:25 AM

Without a picture most woman won't even bother to view your profile.

So true, plus we can filter out guys with no pictures....
In most cases...people that won't show a picture are hiding something or just not trying or fed up.
In your case....you're in hiding becuse of your marriage.
I believe you were advised to try one of the other sites that cheaters all frequent...we have a regular, older male forumite that has great success(so he says) on Ashley Madison or other such sites.

Mind you...when I first started with on line dating....like you, there was a guy that was looking for a long term affair and found someone.
She was in the same circumstances as him/you....his excuse was he had a younger child, he was hanging in there for.
We actually messaged back and forth for awhile. He did send me a picture...he was quite handsome....so, I thought.
But...I would/could never date a married man....
I wonder...how it all worked out for him...hhmmmm.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 33
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/4/2016 1:25:59 PM
IRS wrote

No more whining! Back to work for you!
Maybe whining works.

Maybe with luck your little heart will skip a beat if you see a message in your mail.
It did. But my heart isn't "little."
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 34
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/4/2016 1:39:57 PM
Whisky wrote:

So true, plus we can filter out guys with no pictures....
Sure, but one thing I just learned by playing around with the settings is we can check a box that doesn't allow a member to see that you viewed them. That makes me feel a little better. *Puffing my chest out again* To be honest, I don't really expect to find anyone here...that's even in my profile....but the lack of "views" did bother me a bit...I mean...pic or no pic...3 lousy views after a month or so?? I have ruffled enough feathers here that I thought I would have more views than that just from people who hated me!

At any rate, at least I can tell myself that hundreds of hot women have viewed me, and just had their "allow others to see if viewed them" box checked "No." No evidence. So it's just like my gym metaphor...where I (not really me, bot men in general) believe all these women look at me, but turn their head when I look at them so I never know for sure. At least I can DREAM they do, whether they do or not, and there's no cold spash of water in my face...."NOBODY HADS VIEWED YOU" to refute that. This may not make sense to a woman though.
 ohenryx
Msg: 35
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/4/2016 1:55:30 PM
Sunday evening, I went to a concert at a winery about an hour north of Houston. I went with a Meetup group for singles over 50, and about 20 of us rented a bus for the trip.

While I was waiting in line I was next to a really attractive woman. Very pretty, nice figure, beautiful hair, very neatly and carefully dressed. Not expensive, not outlandish, but very attractive outfit. Everyone was sitting outside on a hillside, in lawn chairs (mostly bag chairs), and I spotted her again, close to my position. When the music started, I asked her to dance, and she did. I probably danced with her 8 or 10 times over the course of the evening.

She asked about the group I was with, and I told her that it was a Meetup group for singles over 50, and that we do a lot of live music and dancing venues. She said that sounded like a lot of fun, and I said it was, but she was too young to join. She responded that she was definitely eligible. This piqued my interest even more, and I was working up my nerve to ask for her phone number. Then I got the signal, leave now to catch the bus or walk home. And my beautiful dancing partner was out of sight (probably rest room), and I had to leave, like right now.

That was two days ago, and I’m still kicking myself for missing that one. Yeah, she probably would have said no, but damn, not to have even asked?

I tell this story here, because I think it does fit the subject being discussed. In nearly 7 years of online dating, looking at tens of thousands of profiles, sending untold thousands of initial messages, going on god-only-knows how many initial meetings, just how many times have I actually made it to the point where I was face to face with someone that I was strongly attracted to? The way that I was strongly attracted to this woman that I encountered in real life?

Not many. Probably count the number of times on the fingers of one hand. Some days I despair.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 36
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/4/2016 1:57:27 PM
gto wrote:

I live out in the sticks, and the best chances I had with OLD, honestly, were when my father had a quarter mil of frequent flyer miles I was able to tap. I separately met four women for long distance dating, and could hop on a plane for a 25,000 point free flight out there. Then I had a wide-enough dating pool I didn't have to wait a half decade between relationships to discover a woman i'd be attracted to who would find me physically attractive, as I do when I "shop" locally.

You ever think about un-retiring? To get back out in the social milieu again? Travelling on business? LD girlfriends? To be honest, retirement terrifies me. I need to be out among people, interacting, not 24/7 but within reason. I need a reason to get up and out. Doing stuff around the house forever would bore me. And nonstop retirement travel doesn't float my boat either whether it's the RV thing, or international. Unless it's with a group of people, but my SO prefers just us doing things as a couple. I plan to work til I drop dead.
 gtomustang
Msg: 37
on-line dating
Posted: 10/4/2016 4:31:57 PM
Ohenry, I feel the pain. I'd see a beautiful woman at university on the way out of the library, might never see her again b/c there was 16K students back then. A handsome man could just go up and ask, b/c as I noticed many times, she'd light up on approach and lean forward, hoping he might ask. Instead i'd have to do something more like, um, sorry to bother you but i'm going to hate myself if I don't ask if you might want to go out. It was far more of a question, whereas the handsome guy, the only question was, was she available to do what she'd want to do anyway.

LS-6, I'd hate to unretire (I've got jury duty coming up, and thinking about waking up early and dealing with rush hour to do something I don't want to do isn't thrilling me), but yeah, I know I should really join some social group. I really should look into the meetups, but I don't see many around my area due to population density (the cost of living out here isn't terrible, but for the most part its couples out here spreading the cost between two paychecks). Not sure about joining churches, I went to Catholic high school so I know what those ladies are like. I'd feel too old for to catch a band in a bar, unless they're the blues. There's a sunday singles' event a forum member here had good luck at, but I never did. I dance, but trying to carry an intelligent conversation over music is tough, b/c no one can hear you after the third sentence.

Retirement isn't for everyone, and I don't mean that to be elitist. I've known people who got bored and went back to the workplace, even 3x. Traveling is nice, but i'd rather do it with someone or meet someone there. I'll do a two hour ride to a car show, and zone out on the highway since i'm alone. I'm an only child, was used to playing with myself (heh), but plenty of people grew up with siblings and are used to human interaction. I won't say i'm anti social, I just like intelligent conversation and that's not always available :) also when I go to a place, I want to do what I want to do, and of course, sometimes that's not possible when you have someone else along.

I used to meet women while working, but they were coworkers and...well, you know. I likely missed some opportunities. I might have also missed some drama. I can think of one lady I shared a small office with who told me twice she wasn't interested, and then between bfs she invited me over and tried to get me drunk...which as I discovered later, is how two of her relationships developed :) She would have been a fun relationship, if short. Another lass, OMG, she was interested and I just couldn't believe someone so beautiful would be. My mother had always taught me, you can't just sleep with a woman, you have to woo her, and I wasted time trying to think of a perfect date. I could have instead just offered "Netflix and chill", and probably busted a move and it would have been enough. But instead I was trying to be a perfect gentleman, thinking that was the way to go. I can understand the ladies who complain ab0ut approaching men...sometimes we aren't used to an attractive woman who really does just want to go to the physical, we don't have to show off our peacock feathers and ability to provide and such.

sometimes we screw ourselves, just as like with OLD when we try to fit someone into an identity they don't belong in or fail to pick up on clues.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 38
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/4/2016 5:13:45 PM
Well, first of all, South Bend is a rather bizarre town. It's an old factory town with corner bars. Drive acrossed town, and it's all upscale. One would think that upscale businesses would thrive in that setting. Yet they fail at an alarming rate, because the population average is very lopsided, about 70/30. Continuing ed classes just don't exist. That's pretty sad to think about, worse when you consider that there are five colleges in this town. What goes, are legion posts.

Country music. Can I be ill now?

The diversity around here is very strange. Obviously I'm not the only one that sees this in my town. Last year there were almost no meetup groups in my area. Three years ago there were, but they all folded for one reason or another. In the last six months however, they started to appear again. It's about as predicable as the weather around here. We have a saying for that around here-

"Don't like the weather right now? Wait five minutes, it'll change."
 ohenryx
Msg: 39
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/5/2016 9:37:14 AM

gtomustang
Another lass, OMG, she was interested and I just couldn't believe someone so beautiful would be. My mother had always taught me, you can't just sleep with a woman, you have to woo her, and I wasted time trying to think of a perfect date. I could have instead just offered "Netflix and chill", and probably busted a move and it would have been enough. But instead I was trying to be a perfect gentleman, thinking that was the way to go. I can understand the ladies who complain ab0ut approaching men...sometimes we aren't used to an attractive woman who really does just want to go to the physical, we don't have to show off our peacock feathers and ability to provide and such.

Just yesterday, a woman that I have known for more than 20 years asked me why I had never asked her out. I was so surprised I nearly fell down. This woman is gorgeous, absolutely DDG. Of course, I immediately asked her out, but she is busy every weekend for the next two months. Uh huh.

but yeah, I know I should really join some social group. I really should look into the meetups, but I don't see many around my area due to population density (the cost of living out here isn't terrible, but for the most part its couples out here spreading the cost between two paychecks).

I just checked, and it looks like you’re about 30 minutes outside of Hartford. There really should be a multitude of Meetups in Hartford. 30 minutes is probably my average drive time to a Meetup event, many occasions it’s an hour or more, one way. I think you need to man-up, and go for it!

Another lass, OMG, she was interested and I just couldn't believe someone so beautiful would be. My mother had always taught me, you can't just sleep with a woman, you have to woo her, and I wasted time trying to think of a perfect date. I could have instead just offered "Netflix and chill", and probably busted a move and it would have been enough. But instead I was trying to be a perfect gentleman, thinking that was the way to go. I can understand the ladies who complain ab0ut approaching men...sometimes we aren't used to an attractive woman who really does just want to go to the physical, we don't have to show off our peacock feathers and ability to provide and such.

That usually only happens to me when a woman is “out of my league”. I will tend to overthink, over analyze, try to figure out just how I could make myself look appealing to someone who is that much more attractive than I am. I will stumble around, and not even ask for her phone number, because I just can’t imagine that she would ever want to be physical with me. Sometimes I think I am my own worst enemy.
 gtomustang
Msg: 40
on-line dating
Posted: 10/5/2016 5:07:39 PM
So I took a quick look, I think they changed the website since I last looked, it looks good, you're right i'm interested. So I'm going to ask a question for anyone on Meetup publicly, for those others interested in trying. I see we have to sign up, either thru Google or Facebook or email. Do you know if there's any pros or cons going thru FB? I'd likely do thru email so my FB page isn't getting broadcast everywhere.

Thankfully I've never had a DDG acquaintance let me know I blew a chance. I did have a short, voluptuous coworker who I hadn't asked out b/c she was dating someone, and after they broke up and I mentioned an interest in her and why I didn't pursue, she returned with, "why did you let that stop you?". We went to dinner that night and the next day at work I found out she was dating someone else, so I didn't ask her out for a second date. She ended up marrying the other guy, having 3 kids, and the third kid was quite clearly not his, so they got divorced.

I will overthink the "out of my league" gals. That's b/c my third gf, who was OOML, was honest enough to let me know, she was dating me b/c it was winter and she couldn't find someone in her league. She wasn't being mean, she was just explaining why she wasn't chasing me for sex like she did her last bf. I was chasing her instead. I had to work to get her attention, she got mine naturally. That's just the way things go.

that's why they call it, "getting lucky" :) sometimes the moon and the planets and stars align.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 41
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/7/2016 9:13:58 AM
Purple wrote:

Country music. Can I be ill now?

LOL......you can always take a barfbag! Back in the day, I would have listened to an Amy Grant or Debbie Gibson radio marathon if it would get me laid, lol.

gto wrote:

LS-6, I'd hate to unretire

LOL on the obscure bowtie reference....More seriously, though - I think we all have something in common here....all three of us have it pretty good...pretty set in life, good jobs, land (purple)/nice homes, financial success, early retirement (gto), a LTR (me), yet we're still looking to see how we can fill certain voids in our lives. However, things aren't bad enough for us to really force us out of our comfort zones and make any potentially life changing decisions that make us risk what we already have...whether it's our predictable lifestyle, a passionate hobby, a job, or someone to come home to. I'm thinking it's more difficult to make life changes under our circumstances....Things AREN'T horrible... I think it's easier for those in horrible life situations, i.e. abuse, to make the brave decision to uproot and make a huge change. I can see that even from reading some accounts here in these forums.

Both you guys seem to pretty much have it made, otherwise aside from finding a SO. As for me, my SO has plenty of faults (as do I) but I'm not abused, she doesn't curse at me, she doesn't screw around, she does 50% cook/cleaning, isn't a spendthrift, she's never thrown a dish at me and she's never done anything irreconcilably hurtful, like throwing out my Aerosmith records.....so things could be worse. :D

I guess that doesn't prevent us from venting here, though, lol.
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 42
on-line dating
Posted: 10/7/2016 1:02:02 PM
I think Galup did some research not too long ago about how did people meet their significant other. In the original research they found out that one third were people recommended by friends and family, one third were from work, and one third were bars and at the time classifieds. Then internet dating began and the shift began. One third IS still friends and family, one third is still work and the other third has practically become online dating.

I have not seen an update on this, and wonder if things like Facebook or social media have also made a dent.

For my personal experience I had a few dates from family and friends but they never amounted to anything. I also sucked at bars. I did meet some women in them, but it never amounted to a long term relationship. Now, through online dating I managed to date a lot of women and ended up in three long term relationships. The last one, going strong for almost 3 years.
 ohenryx
Msg: 43
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/7/2016 2:10:20 PM

gtomustang
So I took a quick look, I think they changed the website since I last looked, it looks good, you're right i'm interested. So I'm going to ask a question for anyone on Meetup publicly, for those others interested in trying. I see we have to sign up, either thru Google or Facebook or email. Do you know if there's any pros or cons going thru FB? I'd likely do thru email so my FB page isn't getting broadcast everywhere.

Go for it! I like to use email myself, I stay off of Facebook as much as possible. About the only thing tied to my Facebook account is Tinder, and that one you HAVE to use Facebook.

Yes, the website for Meetup has changed a bit, not that much really. They do have a new version of the smartphone app, and that is very different. Most people don’t seem to like it.

I will overthink the "out of my league" gals. That's b/c my third gf, who was OOML, was honest enough to let me know, she was dating me b/c it was winter and she couldn't find someone in her league. She wasn't being mean, she was just explaining why she wasn't chasing me for sex like she did her last bf. I was chasing her instead. I had to work to get her attention, she got mine naturally. That's just the way things go.

Off hand, I don’t remember any instance where a woman told me that directly. Indirectly, yes, more than once. You always know who has the upper hand, who is the pursuer, who is the pursued.
 gtomustang
Msg: 44
on-line dating
Posted: 10/7/2016 3:26:17 PM
Oh, I shouldn't make it sound like that came out of nowhere. it was a long discussion about the relationship and what I might be able to do to make things better. She had complained we didn't go out as much, realizing I was a college student paying my way and my own rent, but still. I pointed out that when I did take her out, she was falling asleep on my shoulder by 9pm and was snoozing in the car on the way home--why pay for that, wasn't fun for me or her. same thing if we sat around her place watching a movie on VCR. Sex was the only thing that kept her wide awake and contributing conversation until midnight. I knew that she wasn't so upset about the amount of sex w/ her last guy (a coworker she still had to work with during the week while I was off at college, I trusted there was nothing going on. Fridays she'd use her credit card to rent him a car, b/c his car wasn't reliable enough to drive off to spend the weekend with his new gf. So, she'd have a bit to vent for the first half hour we were together on a Friday date, and i'd see her again on Saturday, and then go back to university), b/c she wouldn't have minded a bit more of it (yes, we talked about a lot of things. they may have been uncomfortable at the moment, but I knew exactly where I stood and how long the relationship was going to last, and I can look back at it all now and have lessons).

Looking back, i'd say part of our problem too was viewpoints. I'd want to talk about what was going on in the world, she was a small town girl interested in what was going on in her life. I offered to her, she could drive up to where I lived, we could go to all the free events on campus, and she could stay over (I had no roommate) so she wouldn't have to drive home falling asleep. But, of course, she knew I wasn't going to just want to sleep :)

Heck, I lost my virginity to her--I wanted to get laid more and more, doggonit :) the two ladies prior, I had to go home and get my release there. But for sure, its clear who is pursuing. If a fellow goes thru the work of asking a woman out, paying for the date, making the second and third date, he's probably interested. The only reasons he might turn down her offer for sex sometime in the relationship is, generally speaking, b/c she's been playing a game and he's playing one back, or he's been with her long enough to know he can postpone for later, but he's got an event right now he can't postpone (ie, hang out with the guys this afternoon, try for nookie tonight or tomorrow), or maybe he's lost the interest in her he had when he was just chasing and the honeymoon phase has ended. Otherwise, a sign of pursuit is proof of pursuit, and she may just be controlling the gates, as it were. As a younger lady, she might not like the idea of that burden on her. As an older woman, she might like being able to choose when the sex is happening and how much of it makes up the time they spend together. Maybe she wants more NSA b/c she's focused on her career, etc.

(on a side note, as teens we might worry so much about appearances b/c we're trying to learn about ourselves, by our 30's we're focused on career b/c we'll need the money and status later, and by age 50 we wonder why we didn't pay attention to our kids when they were still cute babies. We change our minds about what's the most important thing in life, b/c as we change, what's most important in life has to change to fit what we're looking for at that phase in our lives.Ramble over, back to topic)

But the lady chasing the hot guy? he's the one who seems to set the pattern for the relationship. He might play hot'n'cold b/c he's not really playing a game. He really does go back and forth, b/c in his mind he's got options--have her as a friend, or desire her so much he can't stand it.

or he's just a player a-hole :)
 txwidow1939
Msg: 45
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/7/2016 6:48:39 PM
Cousin, friend from at work, best friend, internet
 south_city
Msg: 46
on-line dating
Posted: 10/10/2016 7:05:27 AM

Online dating seems more about your life resume and photos and less about chemistry and romance.

Initial interest is based on the pictures and profile because that is the info available to make a decision at the time. However if/when a person actually has a first date / meeting with someone from OLD. Then many people expect instant chemistry or they quickly lose interest. Most of the time, there won't be instant chemistry. Often because 2 people are virtual strangers. Or at least 1 person is a little bit shy or nervous at first.

The increased amount of potential options from OLD is a double edged sword. The good thing is people can find other potential matches that they probably wouldn't see in their normal routine. The bad thing is many people can raise their expectations and develop the "grass is greener" attitude.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 47
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/10/2016 8:20:26 AM

If every guy would just marry the ugly girl down the street there would be no need for online dating!

Wouldn't that be bigamy?
 PrettyBr0wnEyed1
Msg: 48
on-line dating
Posted: 10/11/2016 4:02:26 AM
I totally agree, the online dating takes the organic quality out of it. Everything is focused on the physical. Granted, it is good to be mutually attracted, but online takes away from how things are in traditional situations. I am finding that I am becoming more jaded and even repulsed by online dating, but it is probably this site. I prefer the traditional way of meeting, but that's so prehistoric to many. Yet, many are becoming so disconnected in real life and socially awkweird (spelled this way intentionally), many are losing their social graces and how to interact, because so many solely rely on meeting people online, they miss out on real life opportunities to connect and meet someone.
 ohenryx
Msg: 49
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/11/2016 2:24:48 PM

Sex was the only thing that kept her wide awake and contributing conversation until midnight. I knew that she wasn't so upset about the amount of sex w/ her last guy

But, of course, she knew I wasn't going to just want to sleep :)

Ah, damn, you bring back some painful memories. I really don’t like to remember when I was that young, and that stupid. But I was.

I was probably in my mid twenties before I realized that life and romance and relationships were NOT supposed to work that way. Makes me want to go back and **** slap my younger self.
 Seki1949
Msg: 50
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/15/2016 12:49:00 AM

I was so surprised I nearly fell down. This woman is gorgeous, absolutely DDG. Of course, I immediately asked her out, but she is busy every weekend for the next two months. Uh huh.

I have experienced variations of that. "We just MUST get together!" followed by "I'm sorry but I'm scheduled every W/E through FY 2018"

Some sick game.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > on-line dating