Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > on-line dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PrettyBr0wnEyed1
Msg: 48
on-line datingPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I totally agree, the online dating takes the organic quality out of it. Everything is focused on the physical. Granted, it is good to be mutually attracted, but online takes away from how things are in traditional situations. I am finding that I am becoming more jaded and even repulsed by online dating, but it is probably this site. I prefer the traditional way of meeting, but that's so prehistoric to many. Yet, many are becoming so disconnected in real life and socially awkweird (spelled this way intentionally), many are losing their social graces and how to interact, because so many solely rely on meeting people online, they miss out on real life opportunities to connect and meet someone.
 ohenryx
Msg: 49
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/11/2016 2:24:48 PM

Sex was the only thing that kept her wide awake and contributing conversation until midnight. I knew that she wasn't so upset about the amount of sex w/ her last guy

But, of course, she knew I wasn't going to just want to sleep :)

Ah, damn, you bring back some painful memories. I really don’t like to remember when I was that young, and that stupid. But I was.

I was probably in my mid twenties before I realized that life and romance and relationships were NOT supposed to work that way. Makes me want to go back and **** slap my younger self.
 Seki1949
Msg: 50
view profile
History
on-line dating
Posted: 10/15/2016 12:49:00 AM

I was so surprised I nearly fell down. This woman is gorgeous, absolutely DDG. Of course, I immediately asked her out, but she is busy every weekend for the next two months. Uh huh.

I have experienced variations of that. "We just MUST get together!" followed by "I'm sorry but I'm scheduled every W/E through FY 2018"

Some sick game.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > on-line dating