Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Jodi Arias Trial      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 phoenix_55
Msg: 26
Jodi Arias TrialPage 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Roadrunner, I disagree 100% with your statement that we "owe" her psychiatric help. She's not owed anything other than the right to a jury trial.

And since you apparently haven't been following the trial, as to why she "excused herself to take such drastic steps ..." -- Jodi Arias was absolutely obsessed with this poor guy Travis Alexander. Although they apparently had some sort of obsessive FWB relationship, he was trying to move away from that relationship. He tried to ditch her many times but she continued stalking him -- slashing his tires multiple times, peeking through his windows, showing up in the middle of the night after driving hundreds of miles, and in general just being a pain in the ass. When she found out he was taking another woman on vacation to Cancun, she went ballistic and killed him in a jealous rage.

End of story. She deserves the death penalty.
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 27
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/4/2013 7:45:05 AM
Zuglo if I was the prosecutor in her case I would pick you for a jury member, the defense will eliminate you immediately, good luck getting that high paying job of jury selection. TheKilling moon you state that if she is sociopathic she thinks that she doesn't need help. I thought it was the people that are labeled as sociopathic were given help because they are found to be sociopathic for a reason. Psychiatrist might be able to find that reason and change her status as being sociopathic.FullofGrace, that is probably true but just another example of why our justice system doesn't work, it is exactly one of the reasons we have a debt problem. The prisons charge too much to house people and the government wants to avoid saving the tax payer a single dime. They are saying now that to house illegal immigrants it cost 169 dollars a day. That really pisses me off because I live on about 12 dollars a day and I don't have to pay rent but when I did it only cost me 70 dollars a week. I get the impression that they one guard for one inmate and that all of the inmates are eating steak three times a day.Phoenix, point well taken but you have to agree then that she is mentally ill by the character you just displayed of being a jeolous stalker. That is not normal to the rational mind.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 28
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/4/2013 7:47:09 AM

Roadrunner, I disagree 100% with your statement that we "owe" her psychiatric help. She's not owed anything other than the right to a jury trial.

Exactly.

Because as a society it is in our best interests to make money off these killers and not worry about understanding the reason behind them.

So disregard any possibility that the person was not acting of sound mind and just assume that they are clearly thinking like a sane person and toss them in the trash with all the other people that we feel do not meet our behavior criteria.
 cooldog65
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/4/2013 9:00:48 AM
Jodi Arias...crazy in the head = crazy in the bed.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/4/2013 9:59:10 AM

Zuglo if I was the prosecutor in her case I would pick you for a jury member, the defense will eliminate you immediately, good luck getting that high paying job of jury selection.

I have no idea what is that mean, or what are you talking about?

She's not owed anything other than the right to a jury trial.

Exactly.
 The_Whole_of_the_Moon
Msg: 31
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/4/2013 10:00:08 AM
{quote}I thought it was the people that are labeled as sociopathic were given help because they are found to be sociopathic for a reason.
Roadrunner they can not treat her if she refuses it. It's not like schizophrenia or being bipolar, their thinking is ingrained and cannot be altered by medication. They would basically have to change her personality. Something difficult to do even if she sought treatment.

Sociopaths don't see there is something wrong with their behavior, it is normal to them. Compare it to someone who is racist, they see nothing wrong with being racist because it is normal to them.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 32
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/4/2013 12:40:32 PM
I'd date her if she could be made to go through a metal-detector and a pat-down for concealed weapons, FIRST.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 33
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/4/2013 2:51:47 PM
^^^Haha, you're too late ... she's apparently switched teams while she's been incarcerated and is "engaged" to another female inmate.
 Mikare
Msg: 34
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/4/2013 3:39:46 PM
The question of FAIR TRIAL should come into play when a case draws a lot of media attention, to much guilty before proven innocent.... puts a real twist on our constitution.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/4/2013 4:49:44 PM
^^^^^^

The American way. She's a mentally sick puppy who has zero chance of being executed so folks would rather pay potentially millions to keep her incarcerated because....? Best if she gets some help and then gets a reality show or work as a pole dancer....pay taxes.
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 36
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/5/2013 6:53:52 AM
Why not waste millions on it, we waste trillions on everything else. I am not going to pay taxes on it anyway. I was just going to volunteer your money.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/5/2013 9:06:32 AM
^^^^^^

Not my money. I'm not an American. We just get this entertainment for free. Next month it will be another cute hottie on trial. Perhaps a redhead.

You guys keep wanting 'to lock everybody up'...the irony is that your violence levels are still way higher than in western countries where the approach is to keep people out of prison if at all possible.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 38
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/5/2013 2:43:56 PM
^^

Next month it will be another cute hottie on ttial

IMO,this one (Arias) isn't quite as hot as Casey Anthony..

Anthony had the 'hotness' levels to get acquitted..will Arias be up to that 'hotness' standard?
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/5/2013 4:15:22 PM
^^^^

Nancy Grace has her crew out scouting for one now. Several thousand murders a year but she need to find the one that can get everyone gawking and 'outraged'. Some black ghetto kid or run of the mill drug hit just won't do it. Perhaps some celebrity will 'off' someone.
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 40
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/5/2013 5:51:33 PM
If you go after Casey Anthony you will end up with 800,000 dollars of debt. I couldn't keep my eyes off her either but she definitely got away with you know what, I wander how anyone that young could accumulate 800,000 worth of debt. I need to see her just to take classes.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 41
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:01:53 AM
outofcontrolman ... seriously? "Anthony had the 'hotness' levels to get acquitted..will Arias be up to that 'hotness' standard?"

You actually think Casey Anthony was acquitted because she was hot? Exactly what's so hot about so psycho party girl who kills her kid because the kid was an inconvenience? She was acquitted because that jury was braindead.

There's something seriously wrong with anyone who finds women like Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias "hot" ... that's just creepy in itself.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:12:55 AM
Just in case anyone is interested (off-topic, right?) that Canadian co-killer Karla Homulka, who helped her husband rape and kill a number of women including her younger sister, was convicted and served her time after a plea-bargain to dump most of it on hubby,

She was released a few years back,moved to another province, got married and now has a family.
Some might argue she's a good example of successful rehabilitation.

I must confess that even I am cynical about her not being a sick, twisted killer, but then again it may just be true that she's not a danger to anyone any more. In which case, what's the moral/judgemental/utilitarian argument? Save a live or avenge a life?
ED BEAR
 Madailein
Msg: 43
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/8/2013 2:49:33 AM
I, like Judge Judy, think all trials should be televised as this would help keep trials legit and hold the Judges to higher standards.

Curious what other people think about her ...

I think she is a cold-blooded, calculating, conniving, evil woman.
It is Pollyannaish to think that all evil persons are insane as though evil, foul humans do not exist.

I'm fascinated by the ease with which she tells that constant stream of lies. It's amazing.

To us but not to her; her narcissistic nature loves her own voice. Did you see the tape of her on 48 hours? “No Jury will ever convict me”.

I realize watching a trial isn't everyone's cup of tea

I find some of them, like this one, captivating. Arizona is only one of three states that allow the jurors to question the defendant. Unfortunately, they did.

did take pictures after he was dead.

Only by accident, two.

I have to wonder if she bullied her defense counsel to let her get up there. She's very narcissistic, so that wouldn't surprise me. No defense attorney with any sense would encourage a criminal defendant to testify.

A defendant almost has to take the stand if they claim “self-defense”, especially with no prior history of abuse. Watch the Zimmerman case, he too will have to take the stand.

They are sick in the mind, not dangerous.

That is a ridiculous, stupid statement. This woman butchered a man for no good reason and you think she is not dangerous. What does it take for you?

since she was a not-bad looking woman and cried on the stand, she got away with murder- > literally
many jurors and judges can't get their heads around the fact that a woman can be just as evil as any man.

The blue-eyed butcher stabbed her husband 193 times as he slept, buried him in their back yard where the family dog partially dug him up; she is eligible for parole next year.

Hopefully she'll get some psychiatric help and lead a more positive life in a few years. No sense keeping her in prison.

I agree, no prison. Give her the death penalty, swift and sure.

She is not insane, just evil.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 44
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/8/2013 6:16:36 AM
Madalien ... agree with everything you said. I'm shocked (again) with the ease with which she lies in answering the jurors questions. And I believe some of those questions are just mocking her and she doesn't realize it and I'm pretty sure that jury thinks she's full of sh*t. They're just leading her into her own trap with all the lies. And she's starting to get confused by all her lies.

She killed that poor guy in a jealous rage because he didn't see her as marriage material and was moving away from that relationship. She couldn't stand to be cast aside -- much like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction ... "she will not be ignored." Jodi Arias is a bunny boiler. She deserves the death penalty.
 matchlight
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/8/2013 1:06:26 PM
Lizzie Borden took an axe
And gave her mother forty whacks.
And when she saw what she had done
She gave her father forty-one.

In fact Abby Borden got eighteen whacks upstairs, and about an hour and a half later on that hundred-degree August day in 1892, her husband Andrew got eleven downstairs. Both as they napped. Did their homely Lizzie do it? Even knowing how vicious Lizzie could be--she'd once decapitated a cat for "bothering" the guests at tea--the jury said no. But if she didn't murder her parents, who on earth did? Uncle John, or sister Emma, or maybe Bridget, the Irish maid--or someone else? This Arias is a nasty piece of work, too, but her jury may not be so forgiving.
 PROTON67
Msg: 46
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/8/2013 4:00:41 PM
It just seems fundamentally evil to punish the innocent for what the guilty have done. Why should we be punished by having to feed, house, educate, and medicate them for years and years? I hope she gets the death penalty but then what do I know, I would have given the death penalty to Casey Anthony and OJ too.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/8/2013 5:10:09 PM
^^^^^

Why would you give the death penalty to people found not guilty? Many Americans are sicker puppies than the people they gawk over on television.

As for a statement about all trials being televised. Televised where? How many hundreds of new channels do you want the govenment to pay for?
 phoenix_55
Msg: 48
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/8/2013 5:56:04 PM
Totally agree, proton67. The anti-death penalty crybabies out there will try to argue that it's actually more expensive to execute someone. How can a couple of dollars worth of lethal dose be more expensive than feeding, housing, cable TV, medical care, and conjugal visits for a lifetime?
 matchlight
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/8/2013 6:28:10 PM
^^^^A guy I knew in school from Beijing told me that there, execution of criminals is done with a rifle shot in the back of the head. The government then sends the bill for the bullet to the person's family, if possible.
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 50
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/8/2013 7:42:49 PM
Compared to congress these people that you refer to as killers are like angels. When would you like to deal with the real problems in society, money and greed. You couldn't possibly save a nickel by killing her because the savings would be used to build turtle crossings.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Jodi Arias Trial