Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Jodi Arias Trial      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DameWrite
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Jodi Arias TrialPage 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
They make the prisoners work for slave wages in the u.s. and they actually earn money off prisoners by the corporations that hire them. Don't get your purse strings in a knot.

Yes those PRIVATE companies called prisons do AND they have all kinds of "narc on your neighbor campaigns" to fill them up. 1 800 tattle.
If you are really worried about where your tax dollars go, look up and around, not down at messed up people resorting to drastic measures. *if they even are). This could be on t.v. for reason's you won't believe.

Scarey that these type of "hang em up" are working in the system. You'd think that they would be doing everything to stop more death. If it's true, the woman is sick and chances are will not be killing again.

This kind of t.v. gets sickos glued to their set, screaming "kill the biatch" I wonder if anyone realizes that the media that puts on these shows for your "entertainment" is making a wack of cash in advertising dollars by providing you to this voyeurism/ perversion AND selling you cheeto's at the same time?

BTW OP has she been found guilty? Or are you just in the habit of saying that people deserve the death penalty because they don't behave in what manner you think they should for reason's you don't understand?
 relaxingwithyou
Msg: 52
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/8/2013 10:13:18 PM
This kind of t.v. gets sickos glued to their set, screaming "kill the biatch" I wonder if anyone realizes that the media that puts on these shows for your "entertainment" is making a wack of cash in advertising dollars by providing you to this voyeurism/ perversion AND selling you cheeto's at the same time?

I once thought the same way, mostly concerned for the welfare of the families involved and what all that media coverage does to upset their lives. Then I saw some merit in attempting to understand why people are crazy via criminals currently being prosectuted in the media since the best forensic technology is being employed and you can watch their body language and get many details one does not receive simply reading transcripts.

Understanding the criminal mind is empowering was my conclusion, however many people are simply into "entertainment voyerism", but not all. I think the O.P. is educating herself.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 53
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/9/2013 5:33:52 AM
DameWrite said: "They make the prisoners work for slave wages in the u.s. and they actually earn money off prisoners by the corporations that hire them. Don't get your purse strings in a knot."

To which I say: Seriously? Prisoners shouldn't be making a freakin dime for anything they do. THEY'RE IN PRISON. They don't deserve cable TV, conjugal visits or any other niceties to make their sad little lives more bearable. They're being punished for their crimes. It's bad enough that we as taxpayers are providing food and shelter for them. Not a one of them is sorry for what they did, but they're sorry as hell they got caught doing it. And for the record, I don't believe the majority of prisoners can be rehabilitated so that they can assimilate back into society.

You apparently don't know squat about this trial and obviously haven't been watching it. But, no she hasn't been found guilty. But I'm fairly certain the conniving, lying little b*tch will be found guilty. I would never say anyone deserved the death penalty unless I believed they did. I'm not really sure what you mean by saying "she was behaving in a manner I didn't understand." I understand it's wrong to stab someone 27 times, shoot them in the head and slash their throat when the perpetrator has absolutely zero injuries and then screams "self defense." She blind-sided that guy while he was in the shower and killed him in a jealous rage.

She's a manipulative, lying, narcissistic, cold-blooded, calculating murderer. Anyone who's been watching the trial can figure this out.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 54
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/9/2013 6:01:32 AM

"They make the prisoners work for slave wages in the u.s. and they actually earn money off prisoners by the corporations that hire them. Don't get your purse strings in a knot."

That is only the half of it.

The prisons also lobby government officials to pass tougher laws so they can lock up more people.

And if there is anything the USA is great at, it is locking people up as there is not a country that is even close to having the same % of its population locked up like the USA does.

To which I say: Seriously? Prisoners shouldn't be making a freakin dime for anything they do. THEY'RE IN PRISON. They don't deserve cable TV, conjugal visits or any other niceties to make their sad little lives more bearable. They're being punished for their crimes. And for the record, I don't believe the majority of prisoners can be rehabilitated so that they can assimilate back into society.

Yeah and screw them eh, so what if they are the victim of unjust legislation or a corrupt system built on creating prisoners.

Make sure treat them like sh*t so them come up much better criminals and keep that cycle going, because jobs are at stack and a multibillion dollar industry.

Congratulations on both your fail to understand how your prison systems work while showing how much you respect your fellow man.

But I'm fairly certain the conniving, lying little b*tch will be found guilty.

Wow you must really hate that they do not hang people in town squares.
 Celje
Msg: 55
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/9/2013 7:06:22 AM
Opinion's are like tossing a quarter to an inmate and telling them to call someone who care's. Sadly a phone call in jail cost's most than a quarter, more like $20/min.
Your opinion matter's if you can afford it, justice is the same.
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 56
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/9/2013 7:33:39 AM
I laughed at the last two post. I agree with both of them, prison is more about politics than it is about justice and I think if we have to lock people up because they can't be as kniving as government than at least treat them decent while being locked up. That is why I justify raising minimum wage, entitlements and anything else that allows the last horse to stay in the race. People really need to stand in front of the white house and just say stop it. You are all fired and we will now not support anyone for the next year. In the meantime the criminals at the top of the ladder can campaign about why leaders are important and can be a benefit to society instead of looking for the next tax trick haven to seperate one class from another. Instead of them saying that coporations need tax breaks we could give them a years break from office. We could say here is your pen write on your car if you like but don't write up legislation and tell me that you are one of my servants. Don't tell me on national tv what you think Americans want when all I hear is what you want.
 matchlight
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/9/2013 10:10:49 AM

They make the prisoners work for slave wages in the u.s. and they actually earn money off prisoners by the corporations that hire them.

What of it? Nothing prevents states from making prisoners work for no pay at all. The Thirteenth Amendment intentionally included an exception to its general ban on involuntary servitude: It can be imposed as punishment for convicts. The biggest problem with chain gangs is that more states don't use them. Let criminals pay back to the public some of the cost of jailing them.

Arias sounds like she's a little too clever--she outsmarts herself by saying too much. It may be a fatal weakness. I have a hunch the women on the jury feel very little sympathy for her.
 Madailein
Msg: 58
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/9/2013 2:37:34 PM

The anti-death penalty crybabies out there will try to argue that it's actually more expensive to execute someone. How can a couple of dollars worth of lethal dose be more expensive than feeding, housing, cable TV, medical care, and conjugal visits for a lifetime?

Unfortunately, because death row inmates are accorded appeals. Additionally, in most states they dwell there for decades. Texas comes to mind as one of the few states who actually executes its death row inmates in a fairly swift manner.

All societies punish those who commit murder; punishment, especially “swift and sure” was a deterrent to crime. I say was because it is no longer swift or sure.

She deserves the death penalty.

+1
Even if it takes decades for this vicious murderer to be executed if she receives the death penalty she goes on death row; no visitors or socializing with girlfriends. It is virtually solitary confinement.

The Thirteenth Amendment intentionally included an exception to its general ban on involuntary servitude: It can be imposed as punishment for convicts. The biggest problem with chain gangs is that more states don't use them. Let criminals pay back to the public some of the cost of jailing them.

Prior to the 1960s almost every penitentiary had forced labor; chain gangs were a common sight on most highways. Sheriff Arpio says that most prisoners prefer to work outside of the prison walls; with or without payment.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/9/2013 4:06:44 PM
^^^^^^^

A deterrent? The USA has by far the highest incarceration rate of any western nation...the only one with execution..Yet violent crime rates are still way higher. A cycle of violence just breeds more violence.
 matchlight
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/9/2013 9:12:23 PM

A cycle of violence just breeds more violence.

I guess that's why you call it a cycle. I'm not sure the death penalty for murder gets an adequate test in the U.S., because it's so seldom carried out these days. But I'd support it even if it did nothing to deter potential murderers, just on the ground of moral retribution. Someone has to speak for the murdered victims--a civilized society owes them a reckoning.
 corporealcull
Msg: 61
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/9/2013 9:35:33 PM
how can you pick out another Jodi Arias type here on pof?
 Quasimodo11543
Msg: 62
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/9/2013 10:26:38 PM

Totally agree, proton67. The anti-death penalty crybabies out there will try to argue that it's actually more expensive to execute someone. How can a couple of dollars worth of lethal dose be more expensive than feeding, housing, cable TV, medical care, and conjugal visits for a lifetime?

The appeals process is lengthy and expensive. Housing them isn't cheap either so neither method is "cheap". 30K a year to house an inmate and their care in my state on average.

You also have whichever amendment it is that prohibits "cruel and unusual" punishment, which can be interpreted differently. From what I have read about death row inmates, most said they killed because they didn't think they would get caught. So death isn't necessarily a deterrent when they approach killing someone having that mentality. You can also say that killing them is no different than the person they murdered, they should have to suffer too. Government is bound by law, criminals are not. Which is also flawed, the person who committed the crime is a criminal, they still have the same constitutional rights as the average citizen does. I don't have any problem whatsoever with the death penalty as a punishment however, I think it should only be used in cases where there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever the person did it. They have made mistakes before and locked people up for decades only to release them with a few million and an apology later, how many did they unknowingly execute wrongly.

I haven't followed this Jodi Arias trial too closely but, from what I have heard/read/seen, I think she is guilty. He comes at you like a linebacker so you shoot him. Then, stab him umpteen times, makes sense. She comes across as a complete sociopath and exhibits the behavior as well.
 vwfpx
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/10/2013 9:54:28 AM
From what I have actually seen from the trial streamed live. It appears that travis as a motovational speaker, used his mind
to manipulate people (i.e. what does a motovational speaker do). And he used this to prey upon weakness.
IMO he did this to women to fulfill his sexual desires and found it in a weak minded Jodi by using of all things religion.
Bottom line, Prosecution claims he moved away to get from a crazy Jodi yet let her in to have sex with her.
IMO, and I hate to say it, but he got what he deserved. You can try to paint him any way you want, but the texts and phone conversations depict who he really was.
He was climbing in status and with it comes control, power, and narcissistic behavior.
Was it insanity that reached the tipping point, self defense, or cold blooded murder? that's for the jury to decide.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 64
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/10/2013 10:16:48 AM
You make a good point, vwfpx. And in listening to some of those text messages he sent to Jodi (which were pretty rank and which she went right along with -- even added other kinky things she thought up), I can see how you came to the conclusion he was manipulating her. However, there's zero evidence from anyone who actually knew the guy that he manipulated her in any way. However, there's a plethora of evidence that she used everything in her power to manipulate him. If you've watched much of this trial, you'll see what a manipulative, slick little liar she is -- she has an answer for everything. She's done her best to malign him as a pedophile (again, zero evidence of this). She says she suffered horrible abuse -- body-slamming, back-hands, etc., yet again, there's no emotion when she discusses these events. And she never reported it to anyone because she "didn't want to make Travis look bad". What crock of sh*t. I know for a fact that anyone who has suffered abuse will tell someone about it -- directly or indirectly. Even the body language experts and psychiatrists agree she's a sociopath. She talks about the murder with all the banality of ordering a cheeseburger.

Jodi had many more sexual partners than Travis did. I mean, if he was such a sexual deviant, why didn't he know what KY jelly was used for? She introduced him to that. I do believe that had a very unhealthy co-dependent sexual relationship, but she led him down the path of hedonism and Travis, being a young healthy man, went along for a ride on the crazy train. Unfortunately, he didn't know he only had a one-way ticket.

Jodi Arias had every intention of becoming Mrs. Travis Alexander and when it became clear that he didn't view her as marriage material and was taking a more appropriate woman to Cancun, she went batsh*t crazy. She got him into a vulnerable position squatting naked in the shower and then she plunged that knife into his heart. Just the logistics of their size difference alone, and the fact that she had no injuries, should tell you that she absolutely blind-sided him. If he'd had the upper hand on her, he could have snapped her like a twig before she knew what was going on.

I rest my case.
 matchlight
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/10/2013 10:30:37 AM

The appeals process is lengthy and expensive.

It shouldn't be. Last I heard, the average time between a murder and the execution of the murderer in California was about thirteen years. That is several times longer than what would be reasonable even in the most complex case. Why even have a death penalty for murder, if we're not prepared to execute anyone?

You also have whichever amendment it is that prohibits "cruel and unusual" punishment, which can be interpreted differently.

The Eighth Amendment doesn't interfere at all with the death penalty, nor does anything else in the Constitution. In fact the Constitution anticipates executions--it just prohibits government from depriving a person of life without due process of law.

I don't have any problem whatsoever with the death penalty as a punishment however, I think it should only be used in cases where there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever the person did it.

To make absolute certainty the standard for executing a murderer is to make absolutely certain no murderers will never be executed. Our laws don't do that. The standard of proof in criminal cases is not beyond all doubt--it's beyond a reasonable doubt.

how many did they unknowingly execute wrongly.

There have occasionally been people who were wrongly imprisoned--no system of justice has ever been perfect, and never will be. But I don't know of even one person, at least in modern days, who we know was wrongly executed in this country. If you do, I'd like to know the details.
 vwfpx
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/10/2013 11:13:14 AM
One must truthfully asks themselves and not deny the "real".
Are these the same body language experts who took part in that college course which doesn't exist?
Therefore where is their true validation of this "science".
Are these the same TV psychiatrists who never fully or even examined her at all but can make off the cuff judgments to pass as credible?
(note to their patients: If you've been a patient of theirs for over 15 minutes and they are still trying to get to the root of your problem to diagnose
your condition, you're being ripped off. )

He had money, he had notoriety, he had his own home, he had his own following, he had other women
(did he not have ex-girlfriends on the stand. Was he not taking another woman on vacation with him)
One must ask themselves.....And Jodi manipulated him how??????....... By giving in to "his" sexual desires?????

You base deviant on knowledge of brand name KY Jelly...yes? In your own words....Yes?
How soon we forget about the "tied to a tree with his d**k all the way in her a**." incident.
Is this deviant???...... yes????......no?????

She is a liar, has lied, and has made up stories, but the truth remains that some (healthy young male as you put it);
one with no intention of marrying her took those naked photos of her,
and had sex with her,
right before they were to go off on vacation with another woman.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 67
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/10/2013 2:01:54 PM
^^^The point remains that Travis Alexander is the one who is dead. He's the one with 27 stab wounds, a gunshot to the forehead and throat sliced ear to ear. No one ever saw an injury on Jodi Arias. She has what I think is insurmountable evidence to overcome -- changing her story 3 times, all those gas cans, all those lies and backpeddling to cover up other lies, immediately hooking up with a new guy the night of the murder. She even admitted she never would have said a word about the murder if she hadn't been arrested. At this point, it's her word against his. And he's dead.
 vwfpx
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/10/2013 3:03:16 PM
You are 100% correct in everything you recently posted.
So now based on the evidence presented by both prosecution and defense. You must either accept that
Jodi just simply woke up one day and decided she was going to travel 1000+ miles to kill travis in cold blood,
making her a cold blooded calculating killer; or the actions of both travis and jodi thru their interaction resulted in his death.
If you agree with the former then a conviction of first degree is warranted.
However if you agree with the latter (and remember we are looking at the evidence of photos, texts, phone calls, ect.) then
you must accept that travis must share some of the responsibility of his own demise. That being, so a conviction of
first degree is not warranted. Always remember that travis rebuked jodi, and then under what pretense
(and we will not kid ourselves as to why) did he allow her in.

It is the preverbial "strange woman speaking preverse things and pierced his heart"
 phoenix_55
Msg: 69
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/10/2013 3:20:56 PM
I think once she realized there was another woman he was interested in and that he was trying to distance himself from her, that planted a seed in her strange little mind. And once she knew for certain he was taking a more marriage-appropriate woman to Cancun for vacation, that was the moment she decided to kill him. If she couldn't have him, no one would.

I do agree that some of those text messages were damning against Travis. However, I still believe she is the one who led him down that path. I believe he was enjoying the sex role playing and having her at his disposal for sex. And that's all he saw it as -- a game. Unfortunately, she didn't see it as a game. So, even though "Travis rebuked Jodi" ... they did have that sick, obsessive sex relationship and that's why he allowed her into his life. However, I don't agree that he's partially responsible for his own death. He didn't realize he was playing with a jealous sociopath. She knew she could manipulate him with sex, and sex was the tool by which she tried to manipulate him into marrying her. When she realized that wasn't working, she decided he could no longer live. Especially not with another woman.
 vwfpx
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/10/2013 3:53:26 PM
I think you said it best, "having her at his disposal for sex". He was in control.
And in undeniable reality; sex would not be the tool to manipulate him into marrying her
pregnancy would. She did have enough oppertunity to do so.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 71
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/10/2013 4:21:09 PM
Well, you're right about the pregnancy thing. Although she was probably smart enough to realize that pregnancy would put an end to the kinky sex lol And with her narcicisstic personality, I doubt having a child was high on her agenda -- that would take away from her. Who knows what she was thinking ... she's a sociopath. One of her lies while she was on the stand did include their fictitious future child they planned to name Iris. Which led to her send Travis' grandmother a bouquet of irises after she killed him ... she also included this in her testimony.

I appreciate the interesting exchange of thoughts and opionions with you though. It's hard to discuss things on these forums without someone getting their feelings hurt and getting pissy. You're a class act Mr. vwfpx :)
 Madailein
Msg: 72
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/12/2013 1:00:27 AM

IMO, and I hate to say it, but he got what he deserved.

We live in a civil society. Civilized persons realize they cannot murder another human being merely because he does not live up to their expectations.

He had money, he had notoriety, he had his own home, he had his own following,

You do not know what notoriety means for he was not know for “something bad”. He was known as a good guy; his friends called him a ‘thirty year old virgin’. He did not have money or a following. The facts are out there for anyone to see.
 vwfpx
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/12/2013 5:04:46 AM
And his friends were right about him.........yes?????
The only thing I agree with you on; is that the "discovered" facts are out there for anyone to see.

ps: Still waiting to find out the "truth" about that record of abuse charges recently discovered.
 Madailein
Msg: 74
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/12/2013 9:36:14 PM

he got what he deserved. You can try to paint him any way you want, but the texts and phone conversations depict who he really was.~vwfpx~

Texts and conversations are not reasons for murder. To say that he got what he deserved, since we all know he was murdered/slaughtered because he did not live up to her expectations, is the twisted thinking of murderers who kill lovers, spouses, employers all in the belief that “they got what they deserved”.

That is the rule of the jungle. It is not what civilized persons believe. No matter what Travis Alexander did, in his affair with Aries, it defies a civilized person’s mentality to say he deserved to be slaughtered.

I find that statement offensive and contrary to normal, sane person’s mentality.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 75
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/13/2013 6:32:35 AM
^^^Well said, madailein ... No one deserves to die the way Travis Alexander did -- for no reason other than he decided Jodi Arias wasn't who he wanted to spend his life with. She may have been his "dirty little secret" but she obviously enjoyed it as much as he did. And from everything I've read, she's a sociopath in its finest form. That coupled with a side of narcissistic personality disorder and you have a recipe for disaster -- a person with zero sympathy or empathy for anyone or anything -- it's all about self-preservation at this point.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Jodi Arias Trial