Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Jodi Arias Trial      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matchlight
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Jodi Arias TrialPage 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

did anyone notice Martinez asking things like, "Did you drop the camera before the MURDER took place?" "You head went foggy after the MURDER, right?" The defense didn't object . . . I wonder whether the defense didn't notice, or whether they didn't want to call further attention to Martinez' choice of words.

That's a sharp observation. I'm only guessing, but it sounds like the prosecutor was making the equivalent of a gambit in chess. That wording was way out of bounds, and clear grounds for an objection--at the least. But that may have been just what the prosecutor hoped to provoke--it's hard to believe the defense just didn't notice something so flagrant. Her lawyer might have thought it was best not to rise to the bait--that even though it looked bad to sit back and let the prosecutor suggest that Arias' guilt was a foregone conclusion, it would be even worse to invite the jurors to agree by objecting and appearing defensive.
 Hobbitmann
Msg: 77
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/14/2013 10:34:06 AM
shes hot id hit it and try and dodge her murder attempts
 hippy_dude
Msg: 78
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 3/15/2013 1:25:25 PM
shes hot id hit it and try and dodge her murder attempts ..

that is funny .. lol for real
 bucsgirl
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/9/2013 3:08:37 PM
I am a true crime buff and I saw a 48 Hours show, I believe it was, about this case.

I think she was simply obsessed with him and wouldn't let him go even though she'd already started dating someone else. I think the only mistake HE made was continuing to see her after they were supppsedly broken up. That's the gist of the relationship, now to the crime, the only forensic evidence is linked to HER being in the house. The tape of her initial interview plus the changing of her stories, I don't think any defense attorney will be able to pull a self defense acquittal out of a hat.

I would imagine that the jury won't come back with first degree as there is no proof of premeditation, so probably at least 2nd degree murder, hopefully NOT manslaughter.

There was no chance of an insanity defense, she already shot that down early on. Being narsasstic, self absorbed, and obsessed is not a mental illness, nor does it meet the legal standard of insanity.

I do hope they put this woman in prison for life, or most of it as I do think she'd pose a high risk to any man who crosses her path.
 cotter
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/9/2013 5:24:04 PM
My patient (a 41-year old man) seems to feel she did society a big favor. My patient has no regard for men who go around using women and just discarding them. He's also not too happy with the way he convinced her to go "pure" and get baptized, then turn around and encourage her to have anal sex ... because that would be allowed, just not vaginal sex. In the end, they have the vaginal sex anyways ... not to mention the oral sex. After which he turns her into his personal "Wh0re", then belittles her (emotional beating) and then physically beats her up. That's the opinion of my patient. My patient seems to feel Travis deserved exactly what he got because he feels Travis was a bully and mistreated Jodie. My patient has told me that he was bullied and mistreated as a child because he was disabled and barely able to defend himself. His parents ended up just taking him out of school and keeping him at home.

Personally, I don't buy the "stalking" thing ... that Travis was "afraid" of her since he kept inviting her over for sex.

I see him as pretty sold on himself and after he was able to make Jodie his "dirty little secret Ho" he went out looking for more "marriageable" material.

I don't think he deserved to die but once he knew Jodie was so emotionally involved he should have just let her go instead of continuously calling her over for his sexual pleasures.

I think Jodie was emotionally and physically battered and she just snapped. When someone snaps like that, they have no perception what they have done when they overdo it. I don't think it was premeditated and it makes me wonder if people realize what it does to people when they play with others' emotions like that.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 81
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/10/2013 5:48:03 AM
"My patient has told me that he was bullied and mistreated as a child because he was disabled and barely able to defend himself. His parents ended up just taking him out of school and keeping him at home."

I don't know where your patient is getting his information, but if he'd been paying attention to the trial, he'd know that Travis's parents were both drug addicts and he was raised by his grandmother who got him involved in the Mormon church. I've never heard anything about him being bullied or disabled and I've watched most of the trial.

But having said that, anyone who's paid any attention to what's going on can see plainly that she was the sexual aggressor in that relationship. She knew she wasn't Travis's idea of who he wanted for a wife. But she thought by using the sex angle, she could keep her claws in him. There's not one iota of evidence that he was ever abusive or mistreated her. However, there's a plethora of evidence that she stalked him, slashed his tires multiple times, contacted women he was dating, confronted him and them, and wouldn't leave him alone even when it was abundantly clear to her that he was dating other women. She was no shrinking violet, no matter how she comes across in court. Remember, her defense team has coached her on what to wear and how to act to make her look sympathetic. I'm not buying any of it.

Sadly, Travis is not here to defend himself. We are left to the character assassination put on by the defense trying to make him look bad and make her look like a victim.

Jodi didn't "snap." The minute she found out he was taking another woman to Cancun she decided he had to die and put that plan into motion. Bottom line, she killed him in a jealous rage. If she couldn't have him, no one else would either.
 SpringMataLeao
Msg: 82
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/10/2013 9:39:35 AM
I watched a little of the trial..she seems either sedated with meds..or a complete sociopath. She is kind of sexy though.
 cotter
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/10/2013 9:30:07 PM

I've never heard anything about him being bullied or disabled and I've watched most of the trial.
Big possibility you misread what I wrote.

"My patient has told me that he was bullied and mistreated as a child because he was disabled and barely able to defend himself. His parents ended up just taking him out of school and keeping him at home."

I wrote that my patient was bullied and mistreated as a child because he was disabled and barely able to defend himself. ie he knows what it's like to be bullied and mistreated so he has no pity for Travis ... he sees Travis as a bully type. If you will recall, there was some testimony from a friend of Travis (Chris and Sky Hughes?) that they warned Jodie about Travis being abusive to women.

In my line of work, I am often told (by men and women) that anal sex is not all that comfortable and it has been repeated in the trial that Jodie told Travis the anal sex was uncomfortable. From what we've seen, that apparently did not keep Travis from requesting it regularly. Apparently this "anal sex" thing is a regular deal with horny young Mormon men who are told they are not to participate in "vaginal" sex until after marriage. It appears that they want sex so they go after the oral and anal sex in order to remain compliant with the "Mormon" sex ideas.

I don't know where your patient is getting his information, but if he'd been paying attention to the trial, he'd know that Travis's parents were both drug addicts and he was raised by his grandmother ...

Yes, we've all been given that impression but apparently the Internet tells conflicting information about that. The only thing I've been able to find that is consistant is that he ended up involved with the Mormons (who apparently indirectly approved the practice of premarital "anal sex").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Travis_Alexander
Travis Victor Alexander was born on July 28, 1977, in Riverside, California, the child of Gary David Alexander (1948–1997), and Gary's third wife, Pamela Elizabeth Morgan (1953–2005). After his father's death, Alexander and his siblings were taken in by their paternal grandmother, Norma Jean Preston Alexander Sarvey (1932–2012), who eventually introduced them to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS). Following his high school graduation, Alexander served an LDS mission in Denver, Colorado, from the summer of 1996 to September 1998.
By the looks of that, Travis did not go to live with his grandmother until his father died ... but he must have been influenced by her to already have a place in the LDS church in order to serve a LDS mission.

But having said that, anyone who's paid any attention to what's going on can see plainly that she was the sexual aggressor in that relationship.
She was?

**She's the one who woke up with him putting his penis in her vagina ... trying to have sex with her while she was asleep.
**He's the one who wanted the phone sex ... that Jodie said she was not really all that comfortable with.
**Do you recall Arias and Alexander engaged in anal sex after her baptism at his encouragement. (Travis told her the Mormon Church only prohibits vaginal sex before marriage so they could engage in anal sex.)
**He was killed in June 2008 but in May 10, 2008 (he was so frightened of her) that he told her he wants to zip tie her to a tree before performing anal sex and videotaping the experience.

She knew she wasn't Travis's idea of who he wanted for a wife.
By then he had turned her into his "wh0re" and was supposedly looking for a more "virginous" woman to marry.

I get the impression that his MO is he was basically into finding "sexually pure" women and slowly but surely turning them into his sexual playmates.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 84
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/11/2013 7:16:28 AM
"I get the impression that his MO is he was basically into finding "sexually pure" women and slowly but surely turning them into his sexual playmates."

Jodi Arias admitted to having anal sex for the first time at age 14.

Sexually pure??? I think not.
 cotter
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/11/2013 8:51:44 AM

Jodi Arias admitted to having anal sex for the first time at age 14.
I don't know about that ... where'd that come from? You're reporting that as if it was something she wanted. Was she molested?

She admitted she had tried with two other previous boyfriends and found it to be too uncomfortable and it was not tried again until Travis insisted on it.

Sexually pure??? I think not.
When I referred to "sexually pure" in that sentence, I was referring to the other women he was pursuing while still boinking Jodi!

Perhaps some aren't aware that the "baptism" service Travis put her through was supposed to wash her of past sins and make her pure again. Then he took her home and had anal sex with her because vaginal sex was not allowed!

The guy was a "player" and it was evident even in the text messages that were introduced in court ... texting back and forth with several women at the same time and then accidentally sending Jodi a text that was meant for some other woman he was hitting on while sex-texting with Jodi!
 phoenix_55
Msg: 86
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/11/2013 9:04:16 AM
"I don't know about that ... where'd that come from? You're reporting that as if it was something she wanted. Was she molested?

She admitted she had tried with two other previous boyfriends and found it to be too uncomfortable and it was not tried again until Travis insisted on it."

She said it was consensual the first time. 14 and having consensual anal sex. That tells me all I need to know about Jodi Arias and her high & mighty attitude. She hasn't been molested. There's no evidence she's ever been molested. She's a pathological liar. Even her parents say she has mental problems. She's using the molestation/abuse angle to try to garner pity and sympathy. Apparently you're buying what she's selling. I hope to God the jury doesn't buy it.

By the way, that domestic violence "expert" is nothing but a hired gun. She's paid to produce something that appears a plausible reason for Jodi Arias' psycho/sociopath behavior.
 cotter
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/11/2013 11:55:47 AM
^^^
I'm obviously not seeing things the way you do but we are products of our environment and apparently have worked on opposite ends of the justice system.

I've worked in the jails with inmates and get to know them outside of the courtroom ... treat them for their various infirmaries. Additionally, my job takes me into people's homes and very diverse situations ... it's not in a pristine office or clinic. I have to assess people in their environment and cultural surroundings.

Being judgmental before getting all the facts can be detrimental to my patient. I have to delve deeply into what makes a person tick ... often have to get past cultural diversities in order to get to the core of what I'm dealing with. I've seen a lot of people in Jodi's postion and have also in my life experiences seen and dealt with lots of con artists / "players".

Even before the domestic violence expert testified, it was apparent to me (being from the medical world) that Travis bullied and battered Jodi. Travis took advantage of her feelings for him and physically and psychologically abused her.

I don't think she responded appropriately, but that can be true of many of our supposedly "upstanding" citizens as well. Our lovely military is a good example of that. They do not always behave appropriately when in stressful situations either ... but we are more apt to excuse their inappropriate behavior than to excuse the behavior of a battered woman (or man).

I have a very open outlook on life and do not have a tendency to frame my views on black and white, nor place them all neatly in a little box or picture frame. I've lived in Europe as well as all over the US and have traveled extensively. I've been exposed to many different lifestyles and am more than aware of what is acceptable where. For example, people here are much more inhibited about nudity than in Europe. Therefore, one cannot judge "nudity" the same in both places ... one cannot put it in the same frame at all in both places.

Unfortunately, I've been battered psychologically myself and know what its like to go out of my way to please as well as love someone unconditionally just to eventually be thrown to the side. I also have experience with being involved with men who sexually prowl the way Travis was apparently prowling. I have three daughters who have been through that as well. I also know men who get a real kick out of having women scrap and fight over them.

Travis Alexander was no angel ... he was a big fat liar / hypocrit. He was representing himself to the church and other girls he was dating as a virgin / abstaining from sex. His ex-girlfriend testified that while they were dating they never had sex and she was surprised to find out he wasn't a virgin. But she discovered that he was cheating on her with Jodi Arias. So add "cheater" to the list.
 daynadaze
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:05:22 PM
The majority of bullied an battered professional victims don't kill someone who just won't marry them no matter how hard they try to rope someone into it. I don't care at this point if Jodi was abused before, so were many of us, you don't kill your booty call guy just because you are flucked up in the head and don't know when to walk away. We should not be letting people off for being flucked up in the head, she isn't challenged in any way where she didn't know right from wrong, she wasn't being raped, she wasn't in any sort of altered mind from abuse, she was mad. She was pissed off to the max, she wanted this jerk to marry her and by gawd she won't let another woman have him. End of story. People like that should be in prison for life or executed. But if Casey Anthony can murder a sweet innocent baby, her own baby, and get away with it with all her lies and mental problems, I won't be the least bit surprised if Jodi Arias can pull off getting away with murder too.

Sure Travis sounds like he was a jerk, so does Jodi, at least in this case he picked his murderer. Look at the number of guys who say they'd do her, even knowing what she did, some people while they may not deserve to die, sure don't know their arse from a hole in the ground. She's not hot, she's a sick freak show who murdered a man because he wouldn't marry her. Yeah, wow, that's so hawt.
 cotter
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/12/2013 4:07:43 PM

The majority of bullied an battered professional victims don't kill someone who just won't marry them no matter how hard they try to rope someone into it.

... she's a sick freak show who murdered a man because he wouldn't marry her.
Actually, I don't get that impression at all. He was the one who kept encouraging her ... she was making dates with other gentlemen on the LDS dating site. Travis was jealous of that.

Travis was the one leading all the other women to believe he was some kind of priestly, virtuous man ... still a virgin. Then he'd call Jodi, have her meet him at his house so she could put on boys "spiderman" briefs and then fvck her butt!

She moved back to California to get away from him but he kept calling her and threw a fit (I saw the text message on TV) when he found out she might be seeing other men. When he "accidentally" sent her a text message he intended for one of his "virgins", she didn't bother to tell him ... acted like it didn't happen, then he got mad at her for not reacting all jealous!

She was moving on ... I did not get the impression she had marriage on her mind.
 theritefoot
Msg: 90
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/12/2013 8:07:55 PM
The idea that she sliced this guy up in "self defense" is ludicrous.

However....as stupid as people are today....who knows....she might get the jury to believe her BS.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 91
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/13/2013 6:13:21 AM
"The idea that she sliced this guy up in "self defense" is ludicrous."

Agreed 100%.

Several things don't add up in the murder scenario. For instance, the mere difference in size between Jodi and Travis. The only way she could have gotten the upper hand was to blindside him. What better way to do that than tell him she wanted to take sexy naked shower pictures? I suspect she flung open the shower door and stabbed him in the chest before he knew what was happening.

The thing that's really bothersome is that most of his stab wounds were in his back -- meaning he was trying to get away from that psycho b*tch. He also had tons of defensive wounds on his hands.

I do agree that they certainly had some kind of sick, twisted relationship based solely on sex. They both seemed to feed off of their sick fantasies -- tying her to a tree and having anal sex with her, etc. But let's not forget they were BOTH playing along. Jodi Arias even admitted she liked that tree fantasy because it was "so debasing."

At some point, I think Jodi mistook their relationship for something more than it was. I'm not sure Travis ever saw her than anything other than a plaything. And while that may not be right, she still went along with it. I think Travis finally tired of the game and her psycho stalking, tire-slashing behavior. He was ready to look for someone to marry and it wasn't Jodi. She wasn't going to let that happen.
 cotter
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/13/2013 8:21:26 AM

The idea that she sliced this guy up in "self defense" is ludicrous.
I think she was feeling threatened and over-reacted. Maybe some folks just feel so "powerful" that they can't imagine someone being afraid.

For anyone who may never have been choked or kicked or body-slammed, perhaps it's a little difficult to feel so afraid that once you get the upper hand you might get carried away.

I don't think she went there with a plan to kill him. I think she was battered by him and felt powerless and just snapped.

I think Travis finally tired of the game and her psycho stalking, tire-slashing behavior. He was ready to look for someone to marry and it wasn't Jodi. She wasn't going to let that happen.
We don't know that Jodi slashed his tires. Maybe it was another woman he taunted and tormented.

I have yet to see any proof that Travis was actually afraid of her ... no one invites a "stalker" they are afraid of into their home for kinky sex and photo sessions. He was not "afraid" of her. He was more interested in banging her butt and hearing her sound like a 12-yearold little girl when she was having her orgasms.

I really don't think it had anything to do with "marriage".

His pattern (MO) did not suggest that he ever intended to leave his sex objects behind. I seriously doubt he was ever going to get monogamously married. He was too into little boys and girls.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 93
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/13/2013 9:45:31 AM
"We don't know that Jodi slashed his tires. Maybe it was another woman he taunted and tormented."

It's true that no one actually saw her do it. However, at least 5 of his friends pointed the finger at her after his death. There was no one else named specifically as being psycho enough to stalk him and slash his tires. All his ex-girlfriends testified he was a nice guy who never abused them in any way. Unfortunately, we have to rely on the people who knew him best to tell us what he was really like in real life and not the fairy tale Jodi has concocted in her sick mind.

" He was too into little boys and girls"

Again -- zero evidence he was a pedophile. Nothing on his computer -- no pictures, no history he'd ever tried to look at kiddie porn on-line. Jodi testified he had hard copies of pictures of little boys. Nothing ever found to corroborate what she said. She's a prolific and pathological liar. She changed her story 3 times -- (1) she knew nothing about it; (2) two masked ninjas killed him; and (3) she did it -- the ridiculous "self defense" theory, but only after she realized her other stories wouldn't hold water.

Truly, no one will ever know what happened to Travis. He's not talking and all she's doing is telling what she perceives as the truth. If you'll notice, she sprinkles little bits of truth in with all the lies and she actually believes the lies as truth.
 whippedboi
Msg: 94
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/13/2013 10:37:00 AM

Actually, I don't get that impression at all. He was the one who kept encouraging her ... she was making dates with other gentlemen on the LDS dating site. Travis was jealous of that.

"blame the victim" , mm? nice..and 100% U-turn from what you say on the rape thread. murder's not as bad I guess.

typical of some sexist women, if the roles were reversed it would be 110% the male's fault

he "asked to be murdered" by his actions, right? tempting her, looking for other women..he ASKED FOR IT

listen, men never ASK TO BE MURDERED...don't BLAME THE VICTIM!

Travis was the one leading all the other women to believe he was some kind of priestly, virtuous man ... still a virgin. Then he'd call Jodi, have her meet him at his house so she could put on boys "spiderman" briefs and then fvck her butt!

ah, so look at his HISTORY.. this means he DESERVED to be MURDERED, correct???

even if a woman's history in no way, 100% NO, ..means she 'deserves to be raped" (Which I agree with), you say this man's history means he deserved to be murdered..

PRETTY TWISTED thinking.
 whippedboi
Msg: 95
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/13/2013 10:46:11 AM

Travis Alexander was no angel ... he was a big fat liar / hypocrit. He was representing himself to the church and other girls he was dating as a virgin / abstaining from sex. His ex-girlfriend testified that while they were dating they never had sex and she was surprised to find out he wasn't a virgin. But she discovered that he was cheating on her with Jodi Arias. So add "cheater" to the list.

no angel, cheater.. so he DESERVED IT, right? nice

A person's history does not mean they "DESERVE" to be murdered. Murders are caused by MURDERERS, period.

not by the victims.

I think she was feeling threatened and over-reacted. Maybe some folks just feel so "powerful" that they can't imagine someone being afraid

well I'm glad that what you 'think' doesn't matter much, only what the judge & jury think, matters.
 cotter
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/13/2013 11:03:12 AM
@post 99 & 100 ...

I will not be responding to your posts. You appear to be new to the forums.

Read the forum rules.

It's against the forum rules to personally attack other posters ...

AND

... it's also against the forum rules to stalk other posters.

Please direct your answers to the topic ... not to me personally or to posts from other threads I have posted in.
 matchlight
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/13/2013 1:02:24 PM
^^^^^I don't see where anyone has attacked you personally. The poster was only attacking your arguments, and I see the same gross inconsistencies in them that he pointed out. But it's always nice to see someone who observes forum rules so scrupulously remind other posters about them.
 cotter
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/13/2013 6:18:15 PM
^^^^^^^Ah yes ... I knew there'd probably be more chiming in. LMAO ...

Interesting, when one behaves inappropriately, the cheerleaders also chime in and encourage it. Keep it up! When you all are spending your time stalking me and picking on me, you are leaving others alone. I can handle it! Bring it on!

OT ...
It's apparent Jodi killed Travis ... she has said so.

I'm not promoting that she be let go ... I just don't happen to believe she should be put to death for it.
 cotter
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/13/2013 9:04:58 PM

She planned this murder ...
They have not been able to prove she "planned" to "murder" Travis. I honestly do believe she snapped.

They have been talking about "gas cans" ... I've made long trips through the desert in my life and I'm with Jodi ... that's no place to run out of gas.

They talk about Jodi and her lies ... Travis appears to have done a lot of direct and indirect lying himself. He was leading a "double life" and lying to women and the church ... leading them to believe he was still a "virgin" and then coaxing Jodi to join him for kinky sex.

Travis was no "angel", but he did not deserve to be killed.

I think Jodi should have kept her distance from him and report his behavior to the church. That would have taken him down a few notches and he would have at least had a chance to redeem himself ... not that he would have. That just was not his MO.

I just don't think Jodi should be put to death or go to death row.

To the post below ...
Actually, Jodi appears to be remorseful ... that is another reason I do not believe she meant to kill Travis ... she snapped!
 phoenix_55
Msg: 100
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 4/14/2013 6:26:15 AM
Azul14, I agree with much of what you said, although I do support the death penalty under the right conditions. I think Jodi Arias is a candidate for the death penalty because it was premeditated murder. I mean, all those gas cans, the .25 caliber gun that was "stolen" from her grandparents -- which is the same caliber gun that Travis was shot with. Although Jodi Arias has an answer for everything, these things cannot be explained away. She wasn't afraid of running out of gas in the desert. She'd made that same trip many times without all the gas cans. She was trying to escape detection while stopping for gas.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the "forbidden sex" angle. He may have been torn between his religion and the kinky sex, but being a young man, he chose the kinky sex. And I don't think he ever saw their relationship as anything other than friends with benefits. And while all those text messages and recorded conversations sometimes appeared he was being abusive to Jodi, I believe it was part of their sick, dysfunctional role-playing relationship. And she played along with him and in fact instigated most of it. They both fed off each other's fantasies. She had every opportunity to leave that relationship, and did move back to California, but then almost immediately moved back. Even Travis' friends said he was relieved when she moved away.

At the end of the day, Jodi Arias is a jealous, spiteful, scorned woman who couldn't face reality.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Jodi Arias Trial