Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Jodi Arias Trial      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Madailein
Msg: 176
Jodi Arias TrialPage 8 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

No, killing someone who has killed innocent people is a way to cull the herd and keep society healthy. A murderer like Arias has given up her right to live, she has no place in society and I don't much care for keeping people like her alive and in jail.

+1

The death penalty can never be justified.
Killing someone because they killed someone only legitimises murder.

Not factually stated.
The state kills one who has proved by their heinous actions that they cannot live within society; even a prison society.
The someone you speak of is a murderer.
Big difference between putting to death a murderer
And the unconscionable acts of a murderer taking the life on an innocent.

Killing someone because they killed someone only legitimises murder

This rhetoric is often espoused by murderers as this twisted thinking gives a murderer a special mindset and also unfortunately affects the minds of the gullible.

There is a big difference between putting to death (killing) one who deserves to have their life ended…and one who viciously, and without provocation, murders another.

My only regret of the death penalty is that is takes way too long to be carried out now (it was not that way prior to the 60s);
However, being on death row is much more punitive than flourishing in the general prison population as most lifers do. Think, Menendez Brothers…marriages, visitors. This is not available to death row inmates.

I respect your right not to believe in the death penalty
But not your reasoning for it.
 anita_lay
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/10/2013 4:34:56 AM
^^I feel the same way about yours. Killing someone is killing someone, no matter whether ''you'' think they deserve it or not.
However, that doesn't take away that this was a heinous crime committed by a sociopath.
 PROTON67
Msg: 178
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/10/2013 9:06:50 AM
If they don't kill her then we will all be penalized by having to support her with our taxes until the day she dies of old age. There is just something evil about having the innocent pay anything for what the guilty have done.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 179
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/10/2013 10:48:25 AM
^^^I agree with you proton. I'm afraid they won't actually give her death though. She's a sociopath and very manipulative. She'll manage to parlay whatever mental problems she has into a life sentence. And that's really what she wants. Despite what she says, she doesn't want to die. She likes herself too much.
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 180
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/10/2013 6:15:14 PM
I think she's just adorable and hope to be her pen pal.......

;-D
 cotter
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/12/2013 8:37:26 PM
^^^^LMAO ...

You better cut it out ... you're gonna get all the Jodi "haters" all stirred up!!!
 daynadaze
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/13/2013 6:09:50 AM
Really? Are us Jodi haters lacking a sense of humor? I thought his post was pretty funny.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 183
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/13/2013 8:09:04 AM
I don't know about the rest of the "Jodi Haters" but I think it's funny as hell watching her have to eat her own words ...... "no jury will convict me". That stunned look on her face was priceless when the guilty verdict came down.

Master manipulator = 0; justice = 10!
 Madailein
Msg: 184
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/13/2013 10:33:59 PM

I don't know about the rest of the "Jodi Haters" but I think it's funny as hell watching her have to eat her own words ...... "no jury will convict me". That stunned look on her face was priceless when the guilty verdict came down.

Because I believe that a murderer of her proportions deserves the death penalty
Does not mean that I am so invested in her as a human being to hate her.
If anything she is a life lost despite being given many gifts and opportunities.

About the worst thing that can be said about her and her heinous crime is expressed by individuals of this mindset:

I think she's just adorable and hope to be her pen pal....…~59 shades
 cotter
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/20/2013 6:17:39 PM
I heard they are going to show her art work? What's that all about?
 Bluegold007
Msg: 186
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/21/2013 7:44:11 AM
I disagree with poster above. Imagine sitting in an isolated prison cell on death row, just knowing your days are numbered... creepy feeling if you ask me. While no one here would want to spend the rest of their life in prison, i think sitting on death row is alot worse. My 2 cents
 phoenix_55
Msg: 187
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/21/2013 7:48:14 AM
cautiousluv -- I agree with much of what you said, especially the un-likeable part. However, I don't think she'll spend the rest of her life to thinking about what she did. The reason being the minute she heard the jury's verdict, she was in front of that TV camera bashing Travis again and blaming everyone else -- no crying, no remorse, no saying she was sorry. That tells me she had already forgotten about what she did and it's all about poor little victim Jodi. But being that she's a sociopath and is incapable of normal human feelings and emotions, I'm not surprised that she's already forgotten about it.

It will be interesting to hear what she has to say today. I'm curious whether she'll continue to play the martyr and ask for the death penalty but secretly hoping she won't get it.
 daynadaze
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/21/2013 1:13:28 PM
Sociopaths are incapable of feeling remorse for the victim, they only feel mad or sad because they didn't get what they want. Jodi doesn't care that she killed Travis or how she killed him or his family, etc., she cares that she didn't get him to marry her and she hates that she got caught and may spend her life in prison or get the death penalty. You can't think about Jodi as a humane person who can ever become normal, not with what we know today anyway, you have to realize she isn't sorry she killed Travis, she's sorry she didn't get what she wanted. Right now she's never been more the center of attention, so she's still pretty happy about that. Being locked up or killed will get her goat for a bit, but in the end, she thinks we all are stupid, annoying idiots and she deserves to be free to be Jodi the Great. She will never feel remorse for killing Travis, although she might be capable of pulling off an acting job of it, although if you know much about people like her you will see right through it.

Not all sociopaths are killers, many of them make good politicians or CEOs, etc., it all depend on what gets in their way and where they are in their life. But none of them feel remorse or empathy for others, only for themselves. They hate getting caught and having to pay for what they do, they hate it more than anything. There idea of love is someone or something that fulfills what they need at the moment, crossed and you might just find out how much they do not love you or want you.
 anita_lay
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/21/2013 3:54:55 PM
Not being American, could someone please explain to me how a convicted person gets to be interviewed on television AFTER the trial? How come she wasn't taken straight to prison? I find this extraordinary.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 190
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/21/2013 5:13:53 PM
anita -- I think we're all trying to figure out how she got TV cameras there as soon as the verdict came down. If you're unfamiliar with old crazy eyes Jodi or the trial, she's extremely manipulative. I have to guess she -- or someone on the outside -- manipulated the system to get the interview. Her manipulation is about to end though.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/21/2013 6:35:04 PM
I have observed that some Judges are more fastidious, and control their Courtrooms more thoroughly than others.

Plus, it seems to be a matter of timing. Lots of convicts get interviewed on TV hereabouts. Charles Manson has been on many times.

And some trials, seem to get turned into show trials. The Simpson trial was a classic, in that sense. Everyone in it tried to profit from the trial and from the TV attention. Celebrity trials appear to turn into show trials like that fairly often. Would that we could return to having to wait for the completion of proceedings to get pictures. Well, maybe it's because I had a friend who lost their job as a courtroom artist.
 anita_lay
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/21/2013 10:19:50 PM
I can't blame the media or Arias for wanting the interview - I'm questioning the justice system in allowing it. It seems bizarre to allow her to continue to plead for her case AFTER she's been found guilty. Why has the US court system allowed itself to become part of this circus?
 Madailein
Msg: 193
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/21/2013 10:24:45 PM
Jodi, who has claimed to be smarter than Einstein, told 12 persons who convicted her of first degree murder because they did not believe her to be a victim of domestic violence, “Some may not believe I am a victim of domestic violence”. In essence telling the jurors they are full of shyt; she knows better.

I do not think that was smart in view of the fact that she was trying to convince these jurors to give her what she wants, life, rather than they death sentence they could impose.

As for her presumptions of her prison house activities if she were to receive life imprisonment, they are baseless. Most lifers do not mingle with the rest of the prison population. Give the fact that they have nothing to lose they pose a threat to other prisoners and the guards. Lifers, without possibility of parole, are usually housed in maximum security separate from other prisoners. Perhaps this is not the case in Arizona but given that she has been kept isolated since being found guilty of first degree murder I would think it is.

IMO, this latest speech of hers proves she has nothing to offer anyone, even other inmates. Jodi has a part missing. She continued to malign Travis and seek sympathy for herself. She is incapable of remorse or empathy.
 Madailein
Msg: 194
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/21/2013 11:53:00 PM

Not being American, could someone please explain to me how a convicted person gets to be interviewed on television AFTER the trial? How come she wasn't taken straight to prison? I find this extraordinary.

anita_lay:
She was taken straight to prison; the interview was conducted in jail.
The Judge could impose a gag order which would not permit Arias to speak with the press. One was issued briefly then lifted. Additionally, the sheriff of Maricopa county could deny the media access to an inmate. You do not see many inmate interviews particularly at this stage of the proceedings. Even stranger that the Judge lifted the gag order given an unsequestered jury in this trial.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/22/2013 4:41:14 AM

I'm questioning the justice system in allowing it. It seems bizarre to allow her to continue to plead for her case AFTER she's been found guilty. Why has the US court system allowed itself to become part of this circus?

I think this is a side effect of something that is an important, and positive part of the American Judicial system. That is, that we try NOT to allow politics of the moment to sway judges. To do so, we have made many judges beholden to no one at all, in hopes that we can get closer to pure, and uninfluenced fairness.

A common side effect of this, is that judges (being fallible humans) can get big-headed about their power, and make choices which they convince themselves are all about their independence, but which are really all about their vanity. Some others too, will allow too much leeway to defendants, for fear that they will appear to be too draconian.

Still the same basic thing, a human in a judges suit is still a human, with all the potential failings. But it is important that we keep the judges separate like that, and able to annoy the hell out of us at times. Otherwise, they would be as they are in the nations where we see them parrot the thoughts of the latest dictator, and ignore everything else.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 196
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/22/2013 6:30:10 AM
Jodi Arias is highly intelligent. Smarter than Einstein? Not likely. More of a legend in her own mind. She is extremely manipulative. And I don't think she garnered any sympathy from the jury with what was supposed to be a plea for mercy. Instead, she chose to make a "sales pitch" -- even had tee shirts printed with "survivor" on the front. She continued to press the issue that she is a victim of domestic violence -- despite the fact that the jury didn't believe her story --basically telling the jury they were full of sh*t and she didn't care they didn't believe her and tossed in a couple more comments bashing Travis. The only thing missing from her speech was "I'd like to thank the Academy ...."

The jury won't buy into her Mother Theresa act at this point. Despite the fact that she's going to single-handedly save the illiterate prison population, start a recycling program in prison and grow hair for Locks of Love. I just recall that she said she wouldn't have ever told anyone about the murder if she hadn't been arrested. This tells me all I need to know about Jodi Arias.
 DoubleParked
Msg: 197
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/22/2013 7:04:32 AM

The jury won't buy into her Mother Theresa act at this point. Despite the fact that she's going to single-handedly save the illiterate prison population, start a recycling program in prison and grow hair for Locks of Love.

I saw her on Tv this morning showing her 'survivor' T-shirts. Was she referring to herself?? Unbelievable. And she wants to start a book club?? Recycle and make the planet a better place?? Donate her hair to cancer patients?? What world is that woman living in?? I'm speechless.
 cotter
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/22/2013 8:22:50 AM

Donate her hair to cancer patients??

I do that ... last time we cut off over 18 inches ... and I'm growing it again.

Maybe she saw it as a way to redeem herself ... doing something good for others less fortunate. Maybe we could talk other long-sentenced prisoners into growing their hair for cancer patients?
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 199
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/23/2013 7:45:29 PM
Well, it's a mistrial.

It was sad to see the faces of Alexander's family and friends.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Jodi Arias Trial
Posted: 5/23/2013 8:48:19 PM
It will just take longer to decide her final fate.

It's still clear to me that she is functionally insane. I know that's not the same as legally insane, but still.

My approach to what to do about misbehavior of any kind, is pretty much pure practicality, especially when dealing with those who are obviously incapable of guiding their own lives, or learning from their errors. No one who thought, as she clearly did, that a rational way to deal with her BF was to stab him numerous times, slit his throat, and shoot him, is going to ever become a trustworthy free citizen again.

I generally prefer Life (as in actual Life sentence, not the "twenty years, and then we'll look again" version), to the death penalty, simply because you can only kill someone once. I like flexibility. Plus, more can be learned to help the rest of us, from a live, but safely fenced in miscreant, than from any amount of post-execution guesswork by onlookers.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Jodi Arias Trial