Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Ultra match feature      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kow626
Msg: 20
Ultra match featurePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I was just browsing the site and the Ultra Match link still exists. It's there after you click My Matches. I feel that it's terribly inaccurate and useless like so many other site gimmicks and I've never used it to message anyone. One feature it does have that I like is the ability to remove so-called matches. That's something that needs to be incorporated into the basic and advanced search but I seriously doubt that day will ever come.
 meetme28269
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Ultra match feature
Posted: 4/20/2013 10:46:08 AM
Ultra match is just another screening tool. Click on my matches and ultra match is on that page. The forums can be reached as per an earlier poster said. Look at events and there is a place to click on all forums. Both features are still with us. POF has done this before,not sure if it is an oversight but the forums disappeared for months at one point unless you looked for it.
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 22
Ultra match feature
Posted: 4/20/2013 3:11:58 PM
When it was up, I used this feature quite often. I read and messaged the profiles with substance to where I thought I connected on many levels, yet not 1 response. I learned you can't rely on a gimmick, rather you have to rely on what you are looking for, and your own intuitions.
 Somesingleguy1974
Msg: 23
Ultra match feature
Posted: 6/14/2013 8:15:10 PM
This is just my theory on how ultra match works. First stipulation is that no matter how high a match two people might be. This will never guarantee that she/he will respond to your message.

Now from what I can tell the ultra match feature is based on the answers that you give in some of the questionnaires that this site has. Based on the answers that you give the system will compare those answers to the answers of others and give a list of what it feels would be your best matches.

In a way this is similar to the match/friend/enemy based on questions that is on OKC. That based on the answers you give to questions on that site and the answers that others give it will tell you how much a match percentage wise you are.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Ultra match feature