Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AvailableinIndy
Msg: 32
Online dating is there a chance?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
He is probably busy w/ his class etc. Just send one that tells him hello, and hope to hear from him when he gets back. Leave it at that. If he is interested he will contact you when available.
 sigungq
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Online dating is there a chance?
Posted: 3/11/2013 5:18:11 PM
OP, no, there is no chance of finding a relationship online. Know why???? I'm glad you asked......... Because you women will completely pass up a guy like me who is OBVIOUSLY looking for a relationship, and not into jumping right into bed immediately. So just keep right on answering messages from the jerks, and keep right on complaining about them.

"To keep doing the same thing over and over, but expecting a different result is the definition of insanity."
~Albert Einstein.
 spirited-won
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/11/2013 6:27:46 PM
Yes, yes and yes! I felt the same way you did. Most I met were playing and not really serious even though their profile claimed they were. But I finally met someone on here and he asked me if I was serious about finding someone to share life with...I was shocked. We met and our conversation ended in a first date the same night of the "meet."

This man was quite interested in me and showed it continually in the beginning and in fact, still does to this day. Depends on what you are willing to accept.

3 months later....he was telling the truth about his intentions. We have been together since that first night we talked. There are a lot of players on here as with any site but there are some true ones who are like you...like me sincerely looking for a good match in life.
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/12/2013 1:22:32 AM
Blew $130 tickets for a show? What does that mean? He bought the tickets and then didnt show?
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/12/2013 4:39:20 AM
No it's a same here I ha don't see a MSG from anyone in about moth now- box completely empty. Before that was not any much better 2-3 MSG a month. I get MSG from man that are at completely different life page at not my type n totaly hav nothing in common. I've be n here for a yr and meet only 3 or 4 guys I could see myself dating. But half of them pushe sex n if no they don't want to be bothered and second half didn't like me. So yeah it sucks that I can't find someone to be compatible with on here or real life. I came here since in real life I wasn't having much luck ether in last 3 yrs. I think POF as good idea as it sounds gives u so many choices that guys or girl who get MSG are those in tip 5% good job nice place to live no pets no kids n body of a supermodel yeah I total lost hope into findin someone on here it's bs bc guy will always go for someone better than me. Just last night I had to MSG 5 guys I could be infested in talking to maybe they didn't even bother to check my profile ok one did. So yeah I don't think POF is workin as far as for me.
 larissan04
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/12/2013 7:37:34 PM
No, I don't think there is much of a chance of making a connection here. I think it's very hard to meet men in general, but online dating sort of gives men the impression that there are so many women out there and they are afraid that they might miss something. This is why I just don't date anymore. I have given up on the whole prospect. If I meet someone, great, if not, well, that's life! You have to realize that you too can be just fine by yourself, and most likely, if you aren't really looking, you will find someone. And yes, if a guy is truly interested he will make a real effort. Period.
 sigungq
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2013 8:12:04 PM
To KatarzynaLuiza,

I looked at your profile. If I were anywhere near Cheektowaga, NY. I would message you. But of course, you have the age thing very selective. Only a couple of years either way. So there may be some guys out there a little out of your age range that would love to message you but can't. This is what happens when someone becomes too selective. It filters virtually everyone out.

I'm WAAAAAAAAAY less selective, but as a man, I'm sure you can imagine, I've pretty much exhausted my choices within 75 miles of where I am. So I can't even begin to think what it would be like were I really selective.

Anyway, good luck finding someone.
 BrookeAda
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:03:31 AM

We get sick of the little headgames that women seem to enjoy playing. If your not interested ladies then you should just come out and say so. If you are interested then you should tell the guy you are interested. Enough with the headgames bs.

Men here should take the above advice. Most come across as bitter players. They reel you in then dump you with out so much as the courtesy of a not or no longer interested. If we show interest we are labeled a stalker.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:09:15 AM
Shield maiden- you do come across as bitter and angry. I know many women on here like myself who do not do any of the things you describe. I am seeking a man my age, not a cougar and I am also not a gold digger. I am not overly critical either. i am just seeking someone who is my age, likes some of the things I do and has similar background. I put it right out there in my profile. I do not play head games, in fact shoot straight every time. Stop blaming all the women and look for someone who is your equal.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/13/2013 12:12:34 PM
Haha. When I send man a MSG I even don't get respond or conversation stops on a few sentences. When man sends u one he is alredy interested n I'm most cases it leads to meeting him. So no I don't bother sending man MSG if man finds me interesting enough he will MSG me
 lilui
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/19/2013 1:54:45 PM
Im looking for a guy like you who wants a relationship because this is what I want and I have only responded to guys that SAY they want a relationship, but how quick this talk changes !!! All the guys I met online or had a date with had one thing in mind and as quick as possible, so when I made it clear that a man has to be in a relationship with me to get to bed, they disappear, they have suddenly a daughter or son who is upset at them spending time with a woman, they think they will take that job in another city, their car breaks, etc etc.
They cannot do the normal thing of courting me for some time, going to the cinema, paying dinner, paying a coffe even, they want to come to my house straight away and ask me to cook dinner to a complete stranger who will want to spend the night, get up and go into oblivion next morning. When I say no, that`s not the way I think this should be, no cooking for you but you taking me somewhere, there is no more phone calls or emails and they do go to where they came from. Enough.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/19/2013 2:11:56 PM
lilui: You do not need to compromise your beliefs for any of them. I agree, no man is coming over to my place for me to play wife and cook for him and sleep with him. Maybe some women do this, I for one think that is ridiculous. Good relationships IMHO begin with dating and getting to know each other. Having fun and learning about each other. If a mans only interest is in the bedroom.. go pay for a hooker. If he wants home cooked meals every day.. hire a chef. I think some men need to learn that relationships take time to grow. I for one am not jumping to the middle just to satisfy his"need". pathetic in my opinion.
 ThisChapterisGood
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/19/2013 3:05:50 PM
I sense this site is merely for hook ups and not long term, regardless if a man indicates that on his profile. I honestly think I am too smart for this site!!!
 ThisChapterisGood
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/19/2013 3:06:29 PM
I sense this site is merely for hook ups and not long term, regardless if a man indicates that on his profile. I honestly think I am too smart for this site!!!
 Lighthousebright
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/19/2013 4:04:09 PM
Maybe after a while he might respond. I do think he will make an effort if he is interested.
 sigungq
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2013 9:14:54 PM
KatarzynaLuiza wrote:

Haha. When I send man a MSG I even don't get respond or conversation stops on a few sentences. When man sends u one he is alredy interested n I'm most cases it leads to meeting him. So no I don't bother sending man MSG if man finds me interesting enough he will MSG me

And I'll bet you don't get many messages do you? Instead of narrowing your filters to within 2 years of your age, a certain height within 2 inches, and a guy that has to be within 10 feet of your doorstep, try widening some of the parameters. I'll bet you'll get a lot more messages.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/20/2013 6:02:45 AM
^^^ Although I agree LTR end up with a high percentage of time spent together at home, I personally thinks its a matter of timing. I personally am not inviting anyone to my home, nor going to his on date two or three. Not all dates cost money, a walk in the park, a nice drive, a picnic and many other things dont cost money and they allow two people to talk and get to know each other in different settings. yes, sharing time at home is a very big part of any LT relationship, however so is sex and I am not jumping into that on date two or three either. Relationships take time to build and in different settings. I personally am not interested in playing house with someone I barely know. Nor would I personally want every man I date to know where I live before I know I am really interested in the kind of man he is. There is a time and place for everything and a man who thinks he is going to rush me into things I do not feel ready or comfortable in doing is not a man I personally want to date. JMHO
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/20/2013 12:38:54 PM
And I'll bet you don't get many messages do you? Instead of narrowing your filters to within 2 years of your age, a certain height within 2 inches, and a guy that has to be within 10 feet of your doorstep, try widening some of the parameters. I'll bet you'll get a lot more messages.

Ok I don't a see nothin wrong with me not wanting to date twenty some yr old bc it's a kid to me. They still onto sex parting drinking etc I'm past that stage someone who is 40 some to old to have kids with enough said. Unfortunally I'm 5'7 so yeah I need bi taller person I fell very uncomfortable datin person shorter than me just preferences. And yes refuse to drive hr one every weekend winter can get bad in buffalo n if u get into fight n stuff it's not so easy to meet n fix it n u end up going to lot of functions urself or have to cut it short bc he or u have long way home. I just want to see guy bc. For no reason so yeah I am looking for man in my or surrounded counties noting to crazy just preferences n nothing wrong with it
 charliesmom21
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/20/2013 2:55:19 PM
Campfires: Again I don't care if I spend 7 hour or 3 hours on a date.. I am most likely not jumping into bed that soon. ( I never say never) i do not feel comfortable going to a man's house or bringing him to mine that soon in a dating situation. I have dealt with a stalker before and I never want to go through that again. I dont give out my work number either. I just think to say that a woman needs to go by some man's time line is ridiculous. I don't think I would like a relationship where it felt like a dictator ship rather than a partnership. Nor do I think feeling pressured would make me want to continue dating such a man. There something to be said for letting a relationship develop in its own time. I have found through experience, those who rush in the beginning are not always good in the long run, usually they have something to hide. JMHO
 monocryl
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/21/2013 1:37:18 AM
Sarah (I assume this is your name, OP) -

I do feel your frustration. It seems to be a common experience at least with online dating: you feel a connection and you're given to understand that it's mutual, and then - a turning away :-( If you really, really like this guy and feel there's some potential, offer him the friendzone. Yes, you heard me right. Be the one to offer it. You have nothing to lose, and you may very well take the upper hand by surprising him with this move.

Good luck, and don't lose heart.
 onebadmomma
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/21/2013 4:49:06 AM
I agree with this site looking for hook ups and not long term. Of course they try to put in their profile they want serious and long term. Its very discouraging to say the least especially when you are here right trying to develop something long term. I guess one day if I keep sticking with it...
 lilui
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/21/2013 1:52:50 PM
No, im not expensive and I tell them that any nice small place, a coffee will do for us to talk and get to know each other, but their idea of getting to know each other is not what I want in the first date, I dont want to go to bed in the first date and I dont want to cook in the first date, however I have cooked together with a man or two in our first date, what is fun and different than me waiting at the door with my apron and he coming for lunch.
Im quite normal, nice looking , sexy, decent, I dont say things in a controlling or demanding way, but I do stick to my rule of not staying inside four walls in private with a man in my first date, see my other posts , I made terrible mistakes over this in the past and no more. Recently a man who seemed really nice asked if I wanted to see him and I accepted, so he named a Hotel in our town. I thought we would have some lunch there but later he told me he was thinking about getting a room in the hotel `for us to get to know each other`. Deleted.
 liftnw8z2
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/21/2013 3:04:11 PM

I agree with this site looking for hook ups and not long term. Of course they try to put in their profile they want serious and long term. Its very discouraging to say the least especially when you are here right trying to develop something long term. I guess one day if I keep sticking with it...

Had two women pull the exact same trick on me, so I feel your pain.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/21/2013 6:54:45 PM
No, im not expensive and I tell them that any nice small place, a coffee will do for us to talk and get to know each other, but their idea of getting to know each other is not what I want in the first date

And that exactly so true. Last two guys only wanted me to come the their place. I ask them multiple times lasts go out for coffee if u want to talk. N they were like no u come over my place. So I'm guessing they wanted more than just conversation minus conversation. One of them actually told me that he is not going to spend money at this point I was like wow so I'm good enough to sleep with u but not good enough to spend a few dollars for coffee. Ps. They both claimed to be looking for relationship. One even took it step futher trying to say that I'm getting to old soon to have kids and he wants asome so I should just sleep with him he promissss not to go anywhere. I was like relly WOW
 onebadmomma
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/21/2013 7:31:14 PM
I guess the moral of this story is be smart be careful and be very picky. I think online dating is way more difficult then off line dating from my experience
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >