Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 onebadmomma
Msg: 69
Online dating is there a chance?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Point in case chatting with this guy for a couple days his profile says single and then he tells me he is in the process of a divorce....hello really!?! No where in his profile did it say anything like that..I guess I should be happy he was finally honest
 lilui
Msg: 70
Online dating is there a chance?
Posted: 4/5/2013 12:31:01 PM
It has just happened again. It goes like that- guy sees my pics, gets interested, emails me,says he loved my pics, I answer that I saw his profile, we could talk. He then asks for my phone, I wait a bit to give my phone, so we continue to talk, befriend each other on Facebook, to send pics to each other, to get to know each other. This one told me I was the woman he was looking for, he wanted to meet me immediately but as Im away from my country I could not. However, he told me he would wait, we talked on cam , we send each other emails, pics and songs. Easter time he said he was busy in work and disappeared. I went to his page in Facebook and discovered a woman saying to him that she was counting the days...for what? and only 5 days were left. I realized he was going to meet her in other state. Well, of course there was no word from him for three or four days, after that an email saying he was looking forward to seeing me and after that another bout of silence. I then wrote to the woman and it seems that yes, he was deceiveing us both. Now I got a friend and he lost both women, me and the other.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2013 3:20:46 PM
My brother met a woman online (I dont know what site). They have been together over 2 years now. She is very very wonderful. Attractive, slim and trim, active, intelligent, and so much more. We all love her to death. In fact I told my brother if they ever break up he's out of the family and she is in. Can't tell you how much my whole family loves her. They got engaged a couple of months ago. My brother is an attractive man. He is intelligent. has a good job, etc.. so yes, there is a chance....

My (then) husband went online when he decided he was not happy. He also found someone, which is why he is now my ex. They are engaged though she lives hundreds of miles away and they have only been face to face twice. She is moving here in a few months to marry my ex. Of course, in this case she is an embicile because she only knows what he's told her..and he doesn't have a close relationship with honesty. I'm pretty sure he has not told her about the times he has given me "booty calls", with the last call being last week. But hey, not my prob. Hmmm, maybe this one wasn't a good example.
 sigungq
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2013 3:35:14 PM
^^^Is your brother Brad Pitt? BC for all us normal guys, the women won't give us the time of day online.
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/6/2013 3:50:05 PM
You don't have to be Brad, just say
What gives a girl delight.
I may not get the time of day,
Instead get time of night.

If you ignite some passion here
The girl might be enchanted.
You meet her for a glass of beer
Or some red wine decanted.

Be funny, witty, be yourself.
Unless she is a nun,
She might just pick you off the shelf.
Yes, dating can be fun.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/6/2013 3:54:41 PM

Hmmm, maybe this one wasn't a good example.

My ex did the same thing. We don't have ties - weren't married, no kids, so there's no need for contact - thus, I don't know if the woman's still seeing him, and I sure wish he'd bothered to break up with me first.

But he did succeed in online dating!
 jlynn1955
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2013 4:44:55 PM
LOL-no..he is not Brad Pitt. He is an attractive guy but I'm not sure he's more than "normally" attractive. He's tall, intelligent, usually keeps himself in good shape physically. He can be funny (well not to me..but maybe to others). He has lots of self-confidence. Lots of varied interests. Personally, I think he's a PITA-but that's probably just me.

Helen-LOL. We don't really have ties either. No kids. Just pets, but that doesn't really tie us together. We live in the same very small town so hard to totally avoid him. We both work on the same campus too. But he's determined to be "friends" although he doesnt usually mean FWB. LOL-yeah he succeeded in online dating. I wouldnt say the same for her though. I think that even if he wasnt like what I know he's like, I wonder who in their right mind gets engaged to a guy you've seen twice. You give up family, friends etc to move hundreds of miles away to a completely different kind of place to be the 4th wife of this man you really do not know at all?
I call her #4.--I'm just evil that way.
 Schatzi2015
Msg: 77
Posted: 4/6/2013 5:16:37 PM
online dating is HARD. Its like going to a disco, someone always likes you...but you have to be noticed by him first.
There are tons of women and men on here competing for the attention of the same person.
You must upload pictures and be detailed in what you want. Men can't guess what you want.
Don't talk or text to much endlessly on the telephone, before meeting... that gets boring fast and you will end up in the friend zone.
I had 2 relationships from POF and quite a few interesting meet ups/ dates.
It can work, but you have to have some patience. Rome wasn't built in one day or even 3 months.... It takes time.
 Purple_wings
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/6/2013 10:10:41 PM
I guess I am not alone here.. Everyone experienced the same :(
 Imagineour
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/7/2013 8:17:22 AM
Exactly stop the feminism. Men are the go getters and provide the desired reality of women. They typically wait for a suitable mate to share the rest of their lives with.
When men or a man steps up and is willing to provide that for them and starts taking the steps the women say oh you are rushing! I need my space, I am not ready to settle down yet when they state or even state they are tired of games and want to settle down. Seriously saying its men being to pushy is not sensible. Ok in uncommon cases
Men might go straight for marriage...guess what women too. The difference is the man will actually follow through and women won't.

Oh and saying men want a "perfect woman" all I see on here from men is I am a nice guy and just want someone. To see that and give me a chance.
Let me direct you to a lot of profiles of your sisters with a staunch list of demands "I will not settle for less" must be taller than me in heels,
Have his that "be a true gentlemen". There is a term for this because it is so frequent. It is called "Princess syndrome."
Trying to flip it and saying it is the men who are like this is wrong. The men want hookups dating and NSA. The women play the hopeless romantic role
And feel every little accolade from a man will be met.
 MarkKCurry
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/7/2013 8:56:23 AM
online dating is for crazy people.. its for people who want to cheat.. try dating in real life.. see wha you want with your eyes.. and go for it.. NOW!
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/8/2013 12:47:10 PM
@MarkKCurry
If online dating is for "crazy" people (your word) then why are you on here looking for a relationship? "try dating in real life.. see wha you want with your eyes.. and go for it.. NOW!"
 MarkKCurry
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/8/2013 6:20:43 PM
I am looking for a relationship.. thing is.. its hard to find real women..
 GJBrown
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/8/2013 6:56:39 PM
"Online dating is there a chance?"
Yes there is a big chance for Frustration!
 BrookeAda
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/10/2013 6:32:09 AM

"Online dating is there a chance?"
Yes there is a big chance for Frustration!

Halleluiah . A precise summation of my experiences. Online dating equates to disposable relationships. Both sexes using the others for what they need at the moment , dumping them without a word the next moment.
 OutMind
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/10/2013 6:36:55 AM

online dating is for crazy people..

Really? I must be then crazy. Actually the lady I have been going out for 7 months I met over here. I wasn't even using this site. Send a message to one, one responded. Isn't that crazy!!
 _FishingForAMermaid_
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/10/2013 1:06:56 PM
There must be, otherwise why are there so many people here on POF?? As with most things in life, most people live in hope of seeing something better; in terms of relationships (of whatever kind one is seeking in life), POF and online dating sites is but one venue that is used. It is not for everyone. Some hang out in bars; some in the grocery store; others use money and the streets. Everything in life is about chance and taking a chance. One should think positive.

And... Be Lucky !!
 sigungq
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2013 6:13:51 PM
newwavequeen wrote:

I recommend meeting guys offline. Met a great one.

Is that why you're on here "looking for someone to marry"?
 varyk
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:30:27 AM
Chance and opportune moments are not limited to any particular platform or avenue to which you decide to explore when searching for "the one" per say. As to the notion that internet dating is anymore frustrating that dating offline, I would say it is about the same.. well, I can only speak for myself. Though I find that internet dating increases your chances when you expand your marketing..lol Sounds a bit rudimentary, but when it all boils down to the basics you are promoting yourself to potential suitors. You start off with an ad. And to ensure appeal we primp and pose, select the best pictures that make you more marketable and you put yourself on the market sorta speak. Then you go through the selection and elimination process which is about the same in offline dating.

Think the key limiting the likelihood you will get burnt out, is patience and perseverance. Nothing worth keeping or holding on to comes without a little effort. So, which ever mean you choose, just bait your hook, cast the line, sit back and wait for the big fish to bite! Happy Fishing:-)
 Somethingwicked1
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/11/2013 12:06:47 PM
Is there a chance?. I've been asking myself the very same question. So far I have been contacted by men who seem to think that this is some sort of sex worker's site. I'm no prude, but I would like a man to at least get to know me before they start in with the sex talk. I am still hopeful that there are some decent men on this site.
 monocryl
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/11/2013 11:59:47 PM
Not only is there a chance, but I just received a marriage proposal from a man 400 miles away and without a photo but who certainly knows how to cut to the chase. In your face, pessimists! :-)
 floating_boats
Msg: 91
Posted: 4/12/2013 12:10:51 AM
I'm sure there is a chance for some people. I would never use it for anything but friends though.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >