Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > appearances      Home login  
 AUTHOR
appearancesPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

No doubt some of the slower students will have to stay after class for additional instruction. ;-)

^ I guess this was destined to be true.

A good point here is that some just prefer to misinterpret and be too sensitive and embrace drama - people misinterpret each other every day, but sometimes after a person has made that extra attempt to clarify themselves, no one has an excuse anymore...if you continue to insist that they said something else after extra clarification has been offered, that proves that you no longer care about what really happened, but instead you want to fuss about what never actually happened. It shows that you'd rather hold on to what never even happened because it gives power and justification to feel indignation and play the offended-card. Before the extra clarification, your misperception could be sincere. But after you've been shown otherwise, you don't have the excuse of not knowing anymore. After that point, you know, you have the knowledge, so your motivation can only be something else other than caring about what somebody really said, did, or meant.

Even though all of my posts on this matter are about throwing water on fire, instead of gasoline...I should know by now that it's really wasted effort in these crowds, and I hereby formally declare that I will not pursue this any further in this thread, no matter what, and will only post on the thread subject like we're supposed to be able to do.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 82
appearances
Posted: 1/19/2014 9:20:30 AM

No doubt some of the slower students will have to stay after class for additional instruction. ;-)

^ I guess this was destined to be true.

A good point here is that some just prefer to misinterpret and be too sensitive and embrace drama - people misinterpret each other every day, but sometimes after a person has made that extra attempt to clarify themselves, no one has an excuse anymore...if you continue to insist that they said something else after extra clarification has been offered, that proves that you no longer care about what really happened, but instead you want to fuss about what never actually happened.

Then I might respectfully suggest that if one is having difficulty in conveying his points to others without sounding judgmental and condescending, and repeatedly has to backpedal in order to clarify what he actually meant, that the lack of communication is on his part. Thus, it is he that needs to return to the classroom---in order to learn how to express himself more effectively.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 83
appearances
Posted: 1/19/2014 12:21:38 PM
I don't wear much makeup ever. I'm just not good at applying it and I feel weird and like wearing a mask when I put on foundation once in a great while. The most I do is put on some powder to take off the shine, some mascara and lip gloss, never wear lipstick because it smears within seconds. Ditto for my hair. I never blow dry, iron, curl or do anything with it. I wash and wear, air dry, scrunch, brush, shake, some hairspray, done. I wish I had the skill and patience to get really dolled up like a lot of other women, but everytime I try, I think I look worse, LOL So I stick to men who like a more natural look.
 Crystal_Planet
Msg: 84
appearances
Posted: 1/19/2014 8:05:43 PM

Ha! Yep, it's a much nicer way to wake up than having the harsh alarm clock going off. For sure.

Either way, in both cases you want to beat the things that woke you.
appearances
Posted: 1/20/2014 2:57:44 AM
I dunno...in either case, it's like you hit a snooze button, and that's not good when you gotta git up.
 Ownerofdogs
Msg: 86
appearances
Posted: 1/20/2014 10:32:29 PM
As a man looking for something more long term then a one night and less long term then eternity, I don't expect a woman to look her best in every picture. Let's be honest here, you eventually have to see them at their worst. If it gets serious, no woman in their right mind puts on make up before going to bed, or in the shower, or in the rain. I'd rather see women with less on their face and more in their personality. If I had one fetish I like to see a woman do, it's wearing glasses. For some reason it's both a turn on and it gives them a more intellectual appearance.
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 87
appearances
Posted: 1/21/2014 12:14:09 PM

But hey, getting back OT, I can't help but think when guy's say they prefer women with no makeup, they really mean, women without a face full of heavy makeup. I mean WHAT is it about the makeup itself that these men don't like I wonder? Are they afraid the makeup is going to rub off on them? They don't like the bold color of some makeup? They dont like that she could possibly look nicer with a little makeup on? Im sure we've all known women or have heard of women that their husband or boyfriend WON'T LET them or don't like them to wear makeup because they don't want her to get any attention from other males. Which, I'm sure most of us can agree is ridiculous and only a insecure person would do something like that........but I have heard of this actually happening.

Because the makeup isn't the real face. It hides flaws, and done right, can make you look absolutely nothing like you do without it.

PRobably because when it's done right, you'd look absolutely nothing like you do without it.
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 88
view profile
History
appearances
Posted: 1/21/2014 1:26:50 PM
Good to see this thread has 'cooled down' a mite, would be sad to see this closed down by the mods. That said I would like to throw in my view on this if I may.

Seems it's all down to 'makeup' no-one has mentioned makeovers, plastic surgery, botox, collagen injections, liposuction, etc and I wonder why? Doesn't this fall into the 'appearances' category? And what about the guys? What about manscaping? how about a nose job where an improvement can be experienced? Cannot do, why?

Because the makeup isn't the real face. It hides flaws, and done right, can make you look absolutely nothing like you do without it.
(rockin-trucker82)

Well duh yeah, but isn't that the point? Stories abound about waking up next to someone who was definitely not the person you went to bed with the night before and I married someone who would always flee to the bathroom to 'fix herself up' first thing in the morning and really she was a glamor and an aerobics teacher to boot! This continued until I threatened to lick it all off one day if she didn't pull back a bit and that gave her 'permission' to just be her natural self. Gradually she relaxed and showed her real face then we divorced. (c'mon, only joking guys, back off!)

Look to be honest, I like a woman to look fantastic when I take her out and if she wears makeup, fine, whack it on, if not? I'm pleasantly surprised with her natural look, but, I don't give a bugga about her makeup getting all over my shirt, my face or my sheets (oh please!) in fact, washing everything the next day is done with a smile on my face! (big sigh) But there are bigger fish to fry here no?........

Breast enhancements and other improvements.

What about that for a hand grenade? What's your take on those? (I'll keep my ammunition dry for the moment on that one) But one I would really place in the appearance category is down there, the manscaping (you know who you are, yeah......ok I'm coming out, me too!) The bikini wax, the Brazilian, the landing strip instead of the jungle? Who dares go here?

I for one will, because I am a tradesman..........
And I work 10 times more effectively with a clean workbench!
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 89
view profile
History
appearances
Posted: 1/21/2014 2:41:42 PM
I don't mind makeup if it's kept natural looking and used as little as possible. If the makeup is overdone I think to myself "nice makeup who's your mortician? "
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 90
appearances
Posted: 1/21/2014 3:04:49 PM

Because the makeup isn't the real face.

Well, it's not a fake face either. It's actually not a face at all, just something applied to it...

It hides flaws, and done right, can make you look absolutely nothing like you do without it.

I don't totally agree. It doesn't necessarily hide flaws, it can actually make it look worse. Or better. Or accentuate things to improve the looks. But more importantly, "done right", make you look nothing like you do without it? I disagree.

a) It could be "done Wrong" to make ya look Nothing like you do without any
b) It could be "done right" to make you look merely better, but not totally different. Much like certain clothes or hair styles can do when not applied.

I think it CAN be what you're describing. But I think her point was the difference between "a face full of heavy makeup" (which you're describing) and merely applying some makeup to improve the look. They're not all the same. The former is what you're describing (which can also make them look Worse!), but the latter isn't like that.

However, I will say, for some gals, it is best to go with (comparatively speaking) a lot of makeup VS very little. Usually ones with bad skin or other things. And with some gals, best to go with very little makeup VS a lot. Usually this pertains to a woman with great skin & bone structure, usually younger.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 91
appearances
Posted: 1/21/2014 6:10:45 PM
jeni366- It depends on the person.
Some men want a woman to be "made up" all the time and some don't.
Do what makes you feel good/confident.
I'm fair complected too, but I go out in the sun because I like to be outside, too much time indoors isn't good for you. There's always sun screen. Jergans makes a self tanner for fair skin that I swear by, try it :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > appearances