Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men who have no childern after 50      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dinno76
Msg: 45
Men who have no childern after 50Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
There is nothing wrong with a man not wanting to ever get married or have children.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Men who have no childern after 50
Posted: 11/25/2015 12:03:49 AM
These heavily critical and extremely judgmental people were kicking
these guys around a couple of years ago.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/25/2015 6:53:45 AM
I prefer men who already have kids and already had he marriage experience, because I don't want either one again. Marriage maybe, but certainly no more kids. If a guy my age or older has never been married, I'd be very wary about that. Fair or not, it just feels to me like something is off.
 Rapunzel2016
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/25/2015 2:39:37 PM

If a guy my age or older has never been married, I'd be very wary about that. Fair or not, it just feels to me like something is off.

If a (wo)man is a certain age & has never lived w/ a romantic partner OR married them, they would hardly be serious relationship material.

They may be a great person, a kind person, a loyal friend, but just not LONG TERM relationship material.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/25/2015 6:22:35 PM
I am rapidly approaching 50 y.o. and will very likely still be childless when I reach that cool milestone.
My technique to console myself has primarily been exotic custom bicycles, a sweet townhouse, and fast German cars.
It is just weighing so darn heavily upon me that my life choices are sending up so many red flags. Oh, noes!

castlehillsmile
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/25/2015 6:25:44 PM
^^^^^^ Yet another tantalising reason to love you Eric.

Especially if you are a woman over 50 who also has no children.
A big bonus for me.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 51
Posted: 11/25/2015 7:16:06 PM
castlehillsmile...you are too kind.

It does make me chuckle the way society thinks something is "unusual" about a choice made in my own life, with a clear head, that impacts absolutely nobody else, and decided entirely of my own volition. A huge portion of my taxes help support a terrific and award-winning local school system and I don't even ask a refund. LOL.
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2015 7:25:55 AM

It does make me chuckle the way society thinks something is "unusual" about a choice made in my own life, with a clear head, that impacts absolutely nobody else, and decided entirely of my own volition. A huge portion of my taxes help support a terrific and award-winning local school system and I don't even ask a refund. LOL.

I admit that I was so happy when I turned 40. Now people don't question me about when or if I'm going to have kids and why don't I want them?
(Nothing wrong with kids at all. I never babysat any bad ones when I was a teenager, but that maternal instinct just didn't kick in.)
I would be told "It is different when they're your own." I admit I'm lazy and selfish and need my down time and I didn't want to take a chance on having a baby and the maternal instinct that one hears about decides not to kick in. My taxes go to help other people's kids get an education and other such things (I got to go to public school as well) so it is fine with me.
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/27/2015 10:05:11 AM
Eric- everyone receives a free education, so only fair that they pay for the system.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/28/2015 9:07:19 AM

I would be told "It is different when they're your own."

Yes.
Then you get to worry yourself 24 hours a day about them and their well-being.
 cooldog65
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2015 10:38:51 AM
I'm 50 and I have absolutely no interest in fathering or raising somebody else's crumb crunchers.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/28/2015 12:11:33 PM

I'm 50 and I have absolutely no interest in fathering or raising somebody else's crumb crunchers.

I have an older set, and I've never been interested in dating anybody who had a set of their own.
 LuvFishes
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/29/2015 8:23:21 PM
OP I am dating a wonderful man who is 61 and never had children thou he's been married twice over 25 yrs ago. No red flag for me. He's shared his decisions. I respect his choices and know that he would of been a wonderful father.

With regards to loss of a child: this is a tough one. I happen to be a Donor Mom, my own daughter died in accident on the way to school and made the decision to have a discussion with our family about donation. Thus she was able to give the gift of Life to 5 people and their families. It's a personal choice. For me, it's part of who I am. I'm very proud of my daughter and her selfless act to help one last time. I've grown from the experience and yet it is one of the most gut wrenching experiences of my life.

Give yourself time to reflect, figure out if you want each date to know or only the person who you truly are interested in. Realize while time may ease the intensity of the loss, that hole in your heart will remain. Time can help with developing coping mechanisms. And learning to share that personal part of your life can be therapeutic too. If the loss comes from life choices of separation by distance, custody then you have to figure out does revealing the details makes you feel better. Your partner closer, does it provide explanation, relief to you as a couple. Just be good to yourself in the process.
 tatsuwen
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2015 11:25:31 AM
Not sure how a man without children would be a red flag? Everyone is different. Some don't want children. I didn't think I did for the longest time but happy I chose to. Some were married and couldn't have kids for one reason or another. And i f you lost a child that isn't a thing to be ashamed. I'd wait until it comes up naturally in conversation myself.
 tatsuwen
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2015 11:32:10 AM
"If a guy my age or older has never been married, I'd be very wary about that. Fair or not, it just feels to me like something is off.
If a (wo)man is a certain age & has never lived w/ a romantic partner OR married them, they would hardly be serious relationship material.
They may be a great person, a kind person, a loyal friend, but just not LONG TERM relationship material."

Some people don't believe in marriage so not sure how a man or woman who has never been married would be deemed not long term relationship material. I think it would be more correct to say they are not long term relationship material FOR YOU. Perhaps this is what you meant? Hard to tell online. :) If so then in that sense, we are on the same page. A piece of paper is NO assurance of a good relationship or a lasting one. Things can be revealed over time and people can change. They could be someone's perfect mate you have no idea that EVERY person never married is not meant for long term. I NEVER meant to marry. But my ex appealed to the free spirit in me and asked me to go to Vegas. Just because I am a free spirit btw does not mean I have not ALWAYS wanted a longterm relationship - with the RIGHT person. I won't compromise values, true love, or preferred way of life etc JUST because I am SUPPOSED to be married or deemed unworthy of long term relationships. Maybe that's why many marriages fail - people think they are SUPPOSED to marry and don't wait for the right person.
 tatsuwen
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2015 11:36:07 AM
"Of course, 'many' is not necessarily 'most'.
I'd also be careful about such things as personal experience, anecdote, interpretation, rationalization, or correlation versus causation.

In a world of 7 billion+ humans, what with climate change, resource-depletion, the wholesale destruction of the human footprint on the ecosystem, and resulting theft of our children's future, it would seem to make more sense than ever not to have any. "

Well said Pangean.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/30/2015 4:42:45 PM

Not sure how a man without children would be a red flag?.

Because online, people can make a red flag out of ANYTHING, even totally opposite factors.

No kids, it's a problem.
Too many kids, it's a problem.
Kids too young, it's a problem.
Kids still live at home, it's a problem.
Have baby mama drama, it's a problem (the opposite of no kids, no chance of baby mama drama).
Don't see your kids often enough, it's a problem (you're an uncaring deadbeat).

So many people will do their best to complicate everything and never be satisfied.
 buxombad
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/2/2016 7:24:19 PM
"What woman would want to hook up with that?"
______

You mean a woman should steer clear of a guy just because he is not for you? I would guess women would be steering clear of 98% of the male population under those guidelines.
 Dannydodge
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/2/2016 7:30:49 PM

There is another reason if a man doesn't have kids after 50 years, and it's because he is a socially inept turd head, and can not (for the very life of himself) figure out how to get along with the majority of the world's population

What is this? Your daily dose of gender bashing? Such a pathetic post.
I know you're waiting for your twin parrot Sunshinegirl to show up and cheer you on? She's as pathetic as you if not worse. Hell you all are batshyt crazy. Psycho BA, hearton64, pianopetal, sunshine, eternity playing innocent heck you've got LePew admitting she's had another profile since the mod days. But of course it was in case she got banned....please blow that smoke up someone else's ass you've been reporting with it.

You guys are the pack that other poster referred to, have been all along with two others, right ouij and chamelon? You got Tall posting as anand_scientist stirring up BA and company behind the scenes. Some angry black man in NY jerking your chains with troll threads. Lmao
 Anand_scientist
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/3/2016 3:30:51 AM
It's sooo nice to see my pseudonym on the Marquee. (I love when trolls troll trolled threads and accuse the average poster of living in trolldom!)

Now, where'z my cookie? ;)
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/3/2016 5:47:43 AM
A man with children is more of a red flag than a man without any. Jus' sayin'...
 kj521
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/3/2016 8:33:26 AM
"I'm very proud of my daughter and her selfless act to help one last time. I've grown from the experience and yet it is one of the most gut wrenching experiences of my life."

Ms. Luv fishes.....

Thank you for sharing this. With such negativity thoughout these forums and the World, in general, it is truly heart warming to see an example of the goodness and selfless acts of others. It restores my faith in humanity and gives me hope.

How much happier would we all be if we looked for the positives in the people we meet instead of the red flags? And viewed these "red flags" as not something wrong with the other person but just not the right fit for you?

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and peace in forums, with hope that everyone should be allowed to post with all of their diverse opinions. :)
 50ThousandAnd1
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/3/2016 12:40:02 PM
Confucious say: ___ _____ __ __ ___

how's that for food for thought?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/3/2016 2:26:13 PM
Men who have no children after 50? Yes, please!

I enjoy my unencumbered, child-free lifestyle; I've found that I'm more compatible with a man who's never had kids.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men who have no childern after 50