Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bottleguy
Msg: 47
Why do men want to sit at home instead of going on dates?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
What Encore said. I only go on dates early on cause I know that's what the girl wants. After that dates are at my house or her house most of the time. I just don't see the point of it.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Why do men want to sit at home instead of going on dates?
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:53:59 AM
I would never invite a woman over for a home date. That is like showing you lack creativity to think of places to go (eg. park, beach) as it doesn't have to involve a lot of money either (ice cream shop, etc). If a woman insists on inviting me to her place for dinner or for my place I am cool with that.

flowersinthelake
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Stay-at-home cheapskates. Even worse.
Posted: 6/2/2018 8:41:26 AM

- They are looking for an instant house frau.
- The only reason they have money is because they never go out on dates.
- They are lazy, antisocial, asocial, or didn't wanna miss their favorite show about muddin' or "Titty Bars of the World" on the Travel Channel.

Pick a reason. "Not a match".

I've never met anyone like that myself, but if I did I certainly wouldn't waste another minute of my time trying to train him to behave in a way that suits me personally. Not a match is not a match. Simple. The problem solves itself when you go away. Some guy who wants to stay home and watch television, how riveting. What else do you think you might be missing out on besides a few shrimp****ails with Homer Simpson??? Don't complicate your life unnecessarily is what I aways say.

Bingo.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2018 3:29:04 PM
Too many want "spur of the moment" dates.

Seems like they want you to be inventive, and spent a lot of money on them. Just about the time the transmission fell out of your car, and you had to cough up $3000 bucks to fix it, last week.

Or you planned one, and they didn't like what you planned.
Or you planned it, executed it, and they didn't think it was so special.

Now this one, I did several times with my ex- Put into a group of her friends that I had nothing in common with, and I was expected to socialize with them. And they aren't exceptionally friendly to begin with. Ever spend an afternoon/evening in a group, and be by yourself? That's a real picnic in itself.
 ohenryx
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2018 3:37:31 PM

purplerider1200
Too many want "spur of the moment" dates.

Nothing wrong with an impromptu date. I always appreciate being asked, whether circumstances permit me to go or not. And I’ve definitely been known to ask women out on the spur of the moment. Some women like spontaneous, some don’t. You will quickly learn which is which.

Seems like they want you to be inventive, and spent a lot of money on them. Just about the time the transmission fell out of your car, and you had to cough up $3000 bucks to fix it, last week.

Damn, PR, I thought you were the kind of Mr Fixit who would charge right out with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers and rebuild your own transmission right there in the driveway!

On a more serious note, being inventive is often about not spending money, or spending very little money and still having a good time. Pack a few sandwiches , a few bottles of beer (or wine, cheese, and crackers, your choice), and drive down to the beach for a picnic. No, not that crowded tourist beach, the one that’s twice as far but nobody ever goes there.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 52
cheapskating on thin ice
Posted: 6/5/2018 5:31:21 AM
living in a coastal state, there's smaller beaches no one goes to, and the bigger ones the immature go to, to see and be seen. Like a popular bar, they can name-drop where they went. My fav little hole of a beach is in a town with a killer used book emporium, spread out over many buildings. Naturally it tells me a lot about a date, whether they want to check out the small place with a boardwalk, trains going by, and a huge used book selection, or the expensive crowded beach :)

personally I love being introduced to the "little places" with a wonderful vibe few know of. I used to live in the "best city you've never heard about in this state for restaurants". Those are the fun secrets to have, and you beat the crowds. But for some, the crowds are important--how can they know its a success, if it isn't full of people busting to get in?
 ssm508
Msg: 53
view profile
History
cheapskating on thin ice
Posted: 6/5/2018 9:50:55 PM
I'm not suggesting people should never or rarely go out when they are in a committed relationship. But some quiet low key days with a partner can be fun. It wasn't just watching TV or a movie. Playing cards, checkers, dominos, even video games etc are examples of things we did when we were at my house or hers.

from site to sight
Msg: 54
cheapskating on thin ice
Posted: 6/6/2018 5:54:43 AM
If a guy is expected to be the provider of action packed, thrill filled, and super exciting dates on each and every date, that can be exhausting and not sustainable-contrary to popular belief. If you don't believe that, how many people have parents who lead a non-stop super thrilling life, every second of every day, up until the time they move the party to six feet under?
 Tech30
Msg: 55
view profile
History
cheapskating on thin ice
Posted: 6/6/2018 10:42:00 AM
If a guy wont take a girl out in the beginning, then there is a good chance he is embarrassed to be out with you but you're good enough to have sex with.
On the other hand it is possible the person doesnt have much money for dates, in that case, maybe hes not ready to date.

Men dont want to bring women home right away in case things dont work out and the woman is crazy. We'd rather she not know our address.

But if a man starts to feel serious about a girl , then he will start to bring her to his house after a while . In the begining though all dates are out somewhere else.

When a guy starts bringing the girl home for dates involving staying in , its to see if shes cool with that and doesnt expect every date to be somewhere out spending a bunch of his money
 NewYorker58
Msg: 56
view profile
History
cheapskating on thin ice
Posted: 6/7/2018 1:19:38 AM
Message 3, by Motown nailed it.

A guy having money doesn't mean he won't be cheap. And staying in is just for sex. I could never date a boring man that's cheap with no interests. Being cheap typically means they won't spend money on themselves either.

I went out with a pof guy that thought he paid for cable, so he should stay home and watch it. When he came to my home and saw I had more cable channels than him, his eyes lite up. He was impressed with the sound on my tv, because his was so old, because he never wanted to buy anything new due to being cheap. I had to give him the boot. Going out with him would give a person a sense of what it was like to live thru the depression☺
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 57
cheapskates have to self felate
Posted: 6/7/2018 4:26:28 PM
^ he was hoping 4 the free bed & breakfast!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 10:47:18 PM
Men "here" talk about women wanting someone like their father to make them a princess, yet I'm seeing a lot of men looking to make women their mothers, with staying in and being taken care like they're a child. You're not kidding about bed & breakfast, and sex with mommy.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/8/2018 3:14:20 AM
I think the term "gold digger" was invented by poorer men who got rejected by Megan Fox.

I do gree w/ a lot of this post, though:

if a guy wont take a girl out in the beginning, then there is a good chance he is embarrassed to be out with you but you're good enough to have sex with.
On the other hand it is possible the person doesnt have much money for dates, in that case, maybe hes not ready to date.

Men dont want to bring women home right away in case things dont work out and the woman is crazy. We'd rather she not know our address.

But if a man starts to feel serious about a girl , then he will start to bring her to his house after a while . In the begining though all dates are out somewhere else.

When a guy starts bringing the girl home for dates involving staying in , its to see if shes cool with that and doesnt expect every date to be somewhere out spending a bunch of his money
 ponyelvis82
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 11:45:45 PM
Here's the thing. Dates cost money. Flip roles, pretend it should be typical for the girl to treat the date and do all the chasing: would you rather spend money to go out and do something with me, or spend money to go out and do something with a guy you actually want to be with long-term? Now this doesn't mean that it's someone just wanting sex. Maybe they're genuinely interested in a serious long-term relationship, but they want to make sure the compatibility and mutual interest exists before making any real investments into it.

Read through these forums. Look at how many threads exist about first dates and then the girl seems to have forgotten that person exists the next morning. Why the hell would these guys want to spend money going out somewhere with these girls? Seriously, answer it, what do they gain by spending their time and effort to be overlooked?

And this goes into paying for dates too. Most guys would happily pay for their girlfriend's dinner. Some girl on POF, though, that's not his girlfriend, that's someone that, statistically, is never going to acknowledge that he exists after that date.

A little rational thought goes a long way. POF is not starting to date that person you see when you're getting coffee every morning before work. POF is meeting a stranger for the first time and determining if you have any interest in dating each other. The "rules" of dating don't really apply, because it's not a date. You don't even know the other person. NONE of you even know if I'm really a guy. You don't know if my pictures are of me. You don't know if a single thing in my profile is true. So why would you expect the first time meeting me to follow all the rules of a date?
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/11/2018 3:17:01 AM
I’d rather spend my weekends sleeping in.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Date to make it monthly late
Posted: 6/11/2018 11:59:53 AM

If a guy is expected to be the provider of action packed, thrill filled, and super exciting dates on each and every date, that can be exhausting and not sustainable-contrary to popular belief.

When a gal needs a super-exciting, thrill-filled date for satisfaction being out with a guy -- she's not that into him. :) Granted, a guy brushing up on his dating skillz may want to know how to execute that, but if he's having to do that every time, she's not that into him, but instead into going out.

And one doesn't need a Date as a reason to go Out. If you're a gal, you're not going to get everything paid for that can be found in Dates, although going to a singles bar will periodically get some of your drinks covered by an interested guy, if open to meet dudes.

In the end, you shouldn't go out on a Date for the sake of it. Especially if you're a guy where you're expected to pay her way. Instead, aim to go out to meat girls, where dates can be found, and if not, enjoying being out & about, and unwinding.
 AuroraBorealis69
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 4:58:04 PM
Seems like there is something about yourself that you are leaving out. Every potential telationship you have ends up the same way. Don't get someone used to doing things the same way all the time. That way when you suggest something different to do, you aren't met with an I-DON'T-WANT-TO attitude.
 reverendswine
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/11/2018 8:33:43 PM

Read through these forums. Look at how many threads exist about first dates and then the girl seems to have forgotten that person exists the next morning.

For all we know, he could have fúcked up royally. I always take the "everything seemed great" claims with a grain of salt. Just because the chick didn't kick the guy in the balls and tell him to get lost doesn't mean the date "went great".

Any guy who lets the night end without trying for at least a kiss very likely won't hear from the woman again. Men seem to forget that a woman agrees to a first date because she can envision herself. potentially banging the guy eventually. It's up to the guy to keep that image alive.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2018 3:47:28 PM
They know if it's at home there is more chance of fvcking, also they don't want to pay to go out lol. They're basically lazy
Posted: 6/16/2018 8:41:25 PM
This is a little late, but...

Just referring to the original post, there are a few different things that I'd say one way or the other, and op is right in some of what she said. However, I'm cherry-picking one little kernel which might (might) be the one magical indicator of what might have really been going on:

I want to be romanced.

Going 'out' and 'doing' things is indeed a good way to get to know each other, while a date 'in' can also be very nice and productive. But speaking from my mindset of how the first few dates should be about getting to know each other in those INITIAL ways...BEFORE prematurely deciding that you already like each other and want to be in a relationship...a woman wanting to be romanced usually corresponds with her having that premature foregone-conclusion mindset: For her, a date isn't quite to get to know each other, but instead it's about him having to 'win her over' and convince her to like him, as if it's already been decided that he wants her.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 12:48:52 AM
If men want to stay home and lead a boring life, they're entitled to do that. They need to put that in their profile, and some do. If a woman reads a man likes to stay at home, and they don't want to live that sedentary, boring life, they are free to make that choice to pass him over. If the guy is honest, then don't date him and complain he's doing exactly what his profile stated.
 from site to sight
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/17/2018 11:40:06 AM
I dated a woman for a while who was the homebody-who would rather stay home and watch Netflix or pay-per-view movies instead of going out. I suggested a number of things to do outside of home, and for the first little while, she would agree to go to. But after a while, she said she didn't feel like doing whatever suggestion I came up with and would rather stay home and watch movies. At least it made for cheap dates. So it's not only guys who can be homebodies.
Her profile listed interest in activities that we never got around doing. Maybe she was interested in those activities in high school, but certainly not now.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 5:09:50 PM
Right now, the weather is beautiful. I could not conceive of not spending time being outside doing something. You have all evening to chill, bbq and watch tv. Going away for the weekend or spending just a few hours away from home makes spending time at home more enjoyable. A person that stays in has to be incredibly boring. Being boring is a dealbreaker. I don't need to be entertained either. I have plenty of ideas about things to do.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/17/2018 6:34:24 PM

Any guy who lets the night end without trying for at least a kiss very likely won't hear from the woman again. Men seem to forget that a woman agrees to a first date because she can envision herself. potentially banging the guy eventually. It's up to the guy to keep that image alive.

LOL, In the past 3 days I have typed out a response to one of the threads here in the Forums. And each time, I rethink it ………………..and delete.

Thank you Pig. This woman agrees with you, 100%. A combination of physical traits...……………... his words-language, what he says, or does not say/ and his body language...……………. draws me to him. Or he is friend material only.
 hemingway234
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/18/2018 2:29:01 AM
I've spent over $1,000,00 a year on first meets/dates where I will never see the woman again (mostly 2 dates - I almost always get a 2nd). If you wanna play, you pay. Men pay for dates (mostly). If you don't believe that, you will only make reality harder on yourself.

Just find a nice girl who makes you dinner and rubs your back once in awhile, and forget the rest. It's a good deal.

Trying to fight reality is a losing game.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >