Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do girls stop replying?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MacRaeM.D.
Msg: 26
Why do girls stop replying?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Thanks for much for all the valuable information everyone. :) I'm really glad to had received so many ideas!
 charliesmom21
Msg: 27
Why do girls stop replying?
Posted: 3/6/2013 5:35:43 AM
It could be that many of them dont want to be just a number. You admit to contacting many of them. They probably know you do this and dont want to be just a number to anyone. It could be the text messages. Its difficult even on here to know sometimes when someone is being serious or sarcastic. You make tentative plans.. why not actually schedule a real meeting? Finally, a woman can lose interest, just like a man does.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/6/2013 6:17:03 AM
That is the big problem with society today. Women have all these options. Any little thing they don't like, they can move onto the next guy. Too many options leads to being super overly picky and judgmental. You say one word, have a hang nail, don't like your hair, have the wrong tattoo, anything, Its off to the next guy.

My way of dealing with it, is I've pretty much given up on dating altogether. I'm a great guy. Extremely well built, good job, money, own 2 nice cars, yet, no dates, lol. I have a certain standard that I want in a woman, both in looks and personality and I simply will not compromise that. But as men, we don't have the luxury that "women" do. We can't just move onto the next woman. Cause us men on these forums don't get nearly the messages that women do.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/6/2013 6:34:55 AM
^^^ wow what a double standard there.. you can be picky and not settle, but you are saying women should? Not all women pick apart every man she meets, however, if there are real issues in compatibility you say women are being picky, but you have "standards" you should not have to compromise.. Really?
 prime ribb
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/6/2013 6:44:35 AM

I am astounded that you felt so compelled about this question to pose it in a public forum.
Isn't it obvious why they stop replying??? apparently not! Let me sum it up for you;
THEY HAVE BEEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS[/B]

Or maybe they went to Aruba and were thrown out to sea by some Dutch guy...lol.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/6/2013 6:47:55 AM
Charliesmom, read a bit closer. I also said that men don't get nearly or even remotely close to the messages that women get, so we can't just move onto the next girl. Thats the big difference.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/6/2013 6:55:44 AM
We may get more messages, but a good deal of them are from non compatible men. So more isn't always better. We get lots of emails from men who are crazy, stalkers, freaks, losers nut cases etc.. I personally don't toss out a good one because the grass looks greener. I toss someone aside because he is not compatible, plain and simple. There are many beautiful women sitting home on a Saturday night, just like nice looking men who have not found a compatible mate. You may think the numbers play in our favor, however I disagree. Many men on here move from one women to the next, use her and dump her. Or see the dating site as a way to date numerous women and they often overlook a nice women, just to get more play time. The dorr really does swing both ways.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:06:16 AM
Well, maybe you are right. But being a guy, I can only see from the male perspective. Honestly, I would love to get messages from freaky stalker type girls. But I'm weird, I like freaky women, lol
 charliesmom21
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:10:48 AM
Then email them. I am old fashioned and I have found I am way more interested in a man who emails me than one who wants me to chase him. Thats just me and I am coming from an old fashioned perspective.. but what do you have to lose? try and choose women with similar interests, for example, I am not a "gym rat" and have no interest in that lifestyle.. so dont pick a women who does not like the gym. JMHO
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:12:43 AM
Thats just it. I do message alot of women. Maybe its my pics, maybe its my name, maybe its my interests, but most don't message back. And when they do, after a few messages back and forth, you never hear from them again.
 prime ribb
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:12:48 AM

We may get more messages, but a good deal of them are from non compatible men. So more isn't always better. We get lots of emails from men who are crazy, stalkers, freaks, losers nut cases etc.. I personally don't toss out a good one because the grass looks greener. I toss someone aside because he is not compatible, plain and simple. There are many beautiful women sitting home on a Saturday night, just like nice looking men who have not found a compatible mate. You may think the numbers play in our favor, however I disagree. Many men on here move from one women to the next, use her and dump her. Or see the dating site as a way to date numerous women and they often overlook a nice women, just to get more play time. The dorr really does swing both ways.

And this where it becomes a numbers game instead of using the site for its intended purpose. I can understand not wanting to deal with crazies, losers, stalkers and perverts, but somewhere in the shuffle that one decent message gets lost because message number 1,099 is no different than message 1,098. I get messages every so often from women I'm not compatible with and I read their messages and may respond, but online dating as of late has turned into "The Bachelorette." I understand the quality out of quantity thing, but meeting someone and attempting to establish a connection shouldn't be as difficult as it appears.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:19:02 AM
The same thing happens to women. I actually met one man I really liked, he said and acted as if he really liked me and even asked me out again, then disappeared. It happens to all of us. Some of the men i thought were very sweet, turned out to be either stalkers or flakes. This does not mean all of them are. yes, it gets frustrating for even the women on line. I just keep getting back up and looking again. It is easier to just blame the opposite sex, than realize you just have not met the right one yet. It takes time and maybe you will appreciate a great gal once you meet her after dealing with all the nuts along the way.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:28:33 AM
I apparently missed that memo too. Many men use and discard. I had to laugh today when man who emailed me three months ago has returned after playing with numerous other women and now wants me. really? He has played around and after all the others did not like his game or they were not interested in him, or he them, now he wants me again.. really? Sorry dude, I am not an option for you.. you asked me out 3 months ago and flaked to play in the candy store and now you want me.. I obviously was not your first, second or even third choice but hey I should just jump right up in those macho arms of yours.. really? Sorry. I guess this is the Luxury these men are referring to?
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:37:27 AM
The luxury is you having the ability to say no to that guy. I don't even have that option. I never get any messages or rarely if ever even get a message returned. That is the luxury I speak of. While you may get some perverts and some nut jobs, I am sure you also get some guys you like. That is far better than not getting any messages at all.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:49:02 AM
If thjat were really the case, why are so many of us still here? I do not enjoy getting filthy messages, or nasty messages or even having to turn down a man who just does not meet any of my desires. I actually get very few men I like, if I did, why would I still be here?
 Debisusanne
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:58:15 AM
it is not a luxury to get to say "NO".. We say no because we are NOT attracted to the men who message us.

I hate having to "let someone down".. and the only men who message me are the type of guys who probably get turned down by every girl on this site.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:02:49 AM
exactly what both Deb and Trisha say.. I for one hate having to tell a man he is just not my type. Men seem to have no problem doing that to women though, often in a nasty hostile way or they just flake and disappear. How is this a luxury we women put up with?
 OutMind
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:03:41 AM

I was just mocking male stupidity. I thought it was obvious.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well online, sometimes.

I couldn't agree more about male stupidity.

I actually have to be thankful for male stupidity. It makes it easier for guys like me, that are not hot looking, but simply able to put two sentences together, to get a lot of responses from women.
 Awesome1265
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:10:16 AM
Speaking of "something better coming along" ... so why would a guy discontinue communication for something better, is gone for like 1-2 weeks and then comes right back to apologise, hoping to pick things up from where 'both' left off?
 Debisusanne
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:10:42 AM
but actually... ON TOPIC lol..

The last man i stopped "talking" to.. Lived too far away.. and my son had many wrestling meets i had to attend.

I finally gave that man an opening to meet for lunch(in the middle of a wrestling meet).. and even tho he would be nearby... he decided he wanted to attend a bike show instead...

So,.. although i am too busy for him(with my son).. he missed his only chance.. :))

But the reality of it all is we were INCOMPATIBLE!..The right guy would have said..... "wrestling.. Can i come and watch??"..
 prime ribb
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:12:34 AM

Speaking of "something better coming along" ... so why would a guy discontinue communication for something better, is gone for like 1-2 weeks and then comes right back to apologise, hoping to pick things up from where 'both' left off?

Answer: He hoped that she forgot.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:16:25 AM
That is exactly what some jerk tired to pull on me today. If he was not so stupid and wrote too many women at once, maybe I would not have picked up on his game.. but really does he think everyone woman is just sitting around waiting for his flaky ass to come back and grace us with his charming self... yes he does.

outmind.. someone lied to you.. you are cute.. smiles
 prime ribb
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:20:02 AM

exactly what both Deb and Trisha say.. I for one hate having to tell a man he is just not my type. Men seem to have no problem doing that to women though, often in a nasty hostile way or they just flake and disappear. How is this a luxury we women put up with?

A couple of weeks ago I was supposed to meet a woman for coffee, but when it came time to do the meet, she sent me a text saying that she had to work and there was someone else she was talking to and wanted to see where it goes. I didn't flip out or thought it was the end of the world. I meet new women all the time. In the past, I wouldn't take this so well, but the present me does. If the woman acts flakey or non-receptive, I delete her phone number and move on. Bottom line is not every guy is like that. I been on both ends of the equation as far as acceptance and rejection, but everyone processes it differently than others.
 Awesome1265
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:25:33 AM
Just wondering... while you talked and made the tentative plans with her, did you happen to still be chatting other women on pof? Cos that is a major issue on pof... someone who wants to meet you so bad and yet, chats hours on end on pof.... that doesn't go very well with a woman whom you give a number and chat endlessly... it just tells her you are just like one of the other guys... lol Am not saying give up your profile immediately, but if you think you find someone attractive... put profile(s) on hold and see how it goes with the person you are chatting...
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:28:13 AM
Trisha, it is known fact that women on this site get tons of messages. Example. I know a woman, whom I know. That is on this site. She is probably about 350lbs, extremely plain jane face. Yet, she gets messages each and every day. That is how I know. Plus, i have talked to numerous women about this very subject.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do girls stop replying?