Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do girls stop replying?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 51
Why do girls stop replying?Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Debi, so, you made time out of your ultra busy schedule, which is filled with shuttling your son around to wrestling meets, to meet him for what, maybe a half hour lunch and you wonder why he chose to not come? Really? Even if I really liked a girl, I would never meet that girl for only a half hour lunch.

Listen, if you can't find time, to get away from your son for a real date or meet, then you will never meet any guy.
 prime ribb
Msg: 52
Why do girls stop replying?
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:33:50 AM

Just wondering... while you talked and made the tentative plans with her, did you happen to still be chatting other women on pof? Cos that is a major issue on pof... someone who wants to meet you so bad and yet, chats hours on end on pof.... that doesn't go very well with a woman whom you give a number and chat endlessly... it just tells her you are just like one of the other guys... lol Am not saying give up your profile immediately, but if you think you find someone attractive... put profile(s) on hold and see how it goes with the person you are chatting...

The woman I was supposed to meet was a busybody professional with no children. She works in an accounting firm and seems to have something going on from a social and professional level. I take it in her case it's easy to be wrapped up in so many activities and yet have time aside for something else. Myself, I say the only way I would put away my profile is if I go on another hiatus or me and the woman in question come to an agreement in regards to a relationship. If I just started talking to someone and it's casual I'm not retiring the profile. I learn it's best not to get emotionally wrapped up in someone you haven't met yet or just beginning to know.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:37:21 AM
I disagree Muscleman.. I dont meet anyone for a date the first time.. its a brief meeting for a quick drink or coffee.. dating comes later. Read my post about the reason I choose not to date men who do not have children.. this was a great example. My kiddos are teenagers now and I have way more free time, but I was able to date with kiddos and an understanding man who was also a single parent who got it.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:43:51 AM
I suspect it's the same reason anyone stops replying
to someone else.

They're not interested.

Why make it more complicated or try to read more into it?
Unless you want to know WHY someone isn't interested.
In which case, why would you care what someone you don't
know thinks about you?

I speak from experience. Give up trying to understand the
motives of strangers or trying to be an online shrink.
You'll just drive yourself crazy.
 prime ribb
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:46:12 AM

I disagree Muscleman.. I dont meet anyone for a date the first time.. its a brief meeting for a quick drink or coffee.. dating comes later. Read my post about the reason I choose not to date men who do not have children.. this was a great example. My kiddos are teenagers now and I have way more free time, but I was able to date with kiddos and an understanding man who was also a single parent who got it.

This is a good policy right here, but unfortunately not many ladies who have kids follow your example (at least in my area). I mean, it's best to deal with your own brood than yours and another persons. That's a tightrope not too many women or men with kids are willing to walk on because one false step.....

I'M FALLING!

Who wants to fall from that high?
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:46:58 AM
I have a daughter, but honestly, would prefer to date women without kids. Sure its a selfish reason, but I am honest about. I want to be #1. women with kids always say the same thing over and over. My kids are my world, they come first. See, I for one, don't want to hear that. I want to be a woman's world. Though I love my daughter more than anything, I can also separate between being a father and being a man. I have a separate side. I was a man long before i became a father. Women with children can't seem to separate themselves away from their kids.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:50:45 AM
maybe because we raise them alone for the most part and daddys play daddy sometimes every other weekend. I myself did not have even that luxury. I raised my alone and when i went out, I paid a sitter.. I always made time for the man in my life, but no, he in not everything. I have my kids, my friends, my career etc.. You sound very selfish to me. you want this, you want that. I have heard nothing about what you give.
 prime ribb
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:50:46 AM

I have a daughter, but honestly, would prefer to date women without kids. Sure its a selfish reason, but I am honest about. I want to be #1. women with kids always say the same thing over and over. My kids are my world, they come first. See, I for one, don't want to hear that. I want to be a woman's world. Though I love my daughter more than anything, I can also separate between being a father and being a man. I have a separate side. I was a man long before i became a father. Women with children can't seem to separate themselves away from their kids.

Women have the maternal instinct. They are the nuturers. Men are the hunter and gatherers so it's easy for them to not be so attached. The women have the most work and attachment since they gave birth and had to carry the kid for nine months. It's not easy for a woman to do.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:57:10 AM
Imagine what the world would be like for these poor children we if all put them up on shelf to just explore our own selfish needs. i became a parent by choice and its a responsibility I never took lightly. its a shame so many others do. My children did not ask to be brought into this world.. I chose this. I did not choose for their father to take to the bottle and decide he didnt feel like being a parent anymore and walked away from his share of the responsibility. However, lucky for my children, I can't be so self centered. I do make time for a man, always have, but the problem is often they want they want they want.. This is what I am hearing here. Try and step in the shoes of a single parent and stop whining and being so selfish
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:03:29 AM
See, what you are talking about is just dating. But, if you met a man you loved, that man should be your world. There is no way you should be putting your friends over your man. If you do, you have issues. And your career? your going to put that above your man? wow.

I would give everything that I expect from a girl. It would be equal. I want to be a woman's god. As she would be mine.

You don't even tell a man your kids are #1. That is the worst thing you could ever do. No man alive wants to be play 2nd fiddle. All men want to be the most important thing in his girls life. Its not selfish, its human nature.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:05:49 AM
Men are just as attached to their child as any woman. I am extremely protective, even more so than most females. That whole maternal instinct is crap. Just cause a woman carries a child for 9 months, doesn't mean she is any more attached than the father.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:10:24 AM
wrong again.. I remarried and he had children as well. I dont waste my time just dating, all of my relationships have been ltr. No, I did not stop being a mom to be a wife, I did both. No I did not give up my career, I did both, no i did not give up my friends and he did not give up his. he did not play second fiddle to anything, we were partners in everything. Sometimes, he needed to be with his children and had to be away from me, oh well, we survived. Sometimes my work schedule did not match his, oh well, we survived. No, I never had to choose between him or my children. He was not that stupid. I was not stupid enough to think i could ask him to give up his responsibility to them for me either. We both were mature enough to know you can have both. I would not even waste my time trying to date a man who cant see beyond his own selfish needs.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:13:58 AM
is there another pissing contest??

original poser: (oh i am SO sorry.... POSTER) you don't have to say anything outrageous or disgusting. it could be that they were never really interested in the first place, but they were bored and had a bit of idle curiosity about your messages. chit chat. you know, like what happens while you're standing in line for a latte. pleasant, but completely insignificant. or they just thought it would be polite to reply because you seemed nice enough, and then they were done.

because at some point they had to end the conversation; you weren't gonna do it.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:22:40 AM

We stop responding, we don't want to talk to you anymore. That's it.

Yeah. It is that simple. The reason behind it doesn't matter.

There has just GOT to be something deeper going on

True. I agree she is deficient..She has to be..Come on!!
That **** doesn't know what is she missing out on. Her loss.
Glad she stopped responding, it just shows she isn't smart. I dodged a bullet with her.
Yeah, that does makes me feel better.

*jokejokejokejokejokejokejoke*
 femaleconnection
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:24:13 AM
Always remember that until you meet someone from here, you dont really have thier 'interest'. You have a profile interested in your profile. So, you could simply disagree on a favorite color or somethng else just as banal and they could lose 'interest'. There is no bond. no emotional attachment, so you could lose thier interest in a zillion ways and never know what did it. It is a waste of your valuable energy to even try and figure out what did it.

No reply=Not interested.

Focus on the ones who will get off thier arse and meet you in real life.
 MacRaeM.D.
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/6/2013 10:16:00 AM
Well this thread got a little sidetracked Lol. Come on people we should be trying to help each other find what we seek, not getting into nonsensical disputes with people we don't know. I can completely empathize with men and women who feel bitter ad resentful to the sex they're trying to find love in. That having been said we have large front brains and should control how we think and mitigate negative emotions. Nothing good will ever come from resentment and animosity. O:)
 prime ribb
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/6/2013 10:29:29 AM

Well this thread got a little sidetracked Lol. Come on people we should be trying to help each other find what we seek, not getting into nonsensical disputes with people we don't know. I can completely empathize with men and women who feel bitter ad resentful to the sex they're trying to find love in. That having been said we have large front brains and should control how we think and mitigate negative emotions. Nothing good will ever come from resentment and animosity. O:)

Co-sign!
 brinaalina
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 10:36:05 AM
Yes, this thread got a LOT sidetracked, but we have already answered the original question.

Why don't women reply?

Because they don't like you. Don't want to talk to you. Got bored with talking to you. Found a better guy to talk to.

The end.. Next thread :)
 prime ribb
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/6/2013 10:41:40 AM

Yes, this thread got a LOT sidetracked, but we have already answered the original question.

Why don't women reply?

Because they don't like you. Don't want to talk to you. Got bored with talking to you. Found a better guy to talk to.

Bravo! Encore! Encore!
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/6/2013 11:44:49 AM
^^^^^^^^ +10 and its the same reasons why guys stop talking to women on here too. From this thread you might think that only women stop talking and move on. Don't tell me you never just got bored or tired from talking to a woman on here. Then just moved on and forgot all about her.
 Quasimodo11543
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/6/2013 12:24:46 PM

Why don't women reply?

BULL!!!!! It 's because they have been abducted by aliens!!!! It couldn't possibly be me.
 OutMind
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/6/2013 1:26:15 PM

Brina, 15 years from now, someone will revive the thread and people will argue back can forth for another five pages of pablum.
 blueprint770
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/6/2013 1:42:05 PM
Obviously, there's no definitive answer to this question but... Maybe you didn't pursue her with enough effort. Maybe you didn't say anything to hold her attention. Just move on the next one.
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/6/2013 1:57:36 PM
Because she is not really pretty or maybe married or both. some just like to play games and have several on the go I would say. Dont take it too seriously.
 sigungq
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 3:06:36 PM
This is simple. I'm looking for the special woman. The one that does not follow the crowd. The one that is really into me. Such a woman is as rare as black diamonds. The question is, does such a woman exist at all? I'm beginning to doubt it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do girls stop replying?