Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do girls stop replying?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prime ribb
Msg: 76
Why do girls stop replying?Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

This is simple. I'm looking for the special woman. The one that does not follow the crowd. The one that is really into me. Such a woman is as rare as black diamonds. The question is, does such a woman exist at all? I'm beginning to doubt it.

I'm thinking you would have to leave POF for this one. Too many Cuban Zirconias..lol.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 77
Why do girls stop replying?
Posted: 3/6/2013 4:37:32 PM
lol Prime Rib.. that would have been even funnier if you had spelled it correctly.
 AnAtavism
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/6/2013 5:32:12 PM
Could be for any reason. She might have lost interest, found someone she believes is better than you, you said something she didn't like, or you asked her a question that made her feel self-conscious or insecure. I would bet on the last part, because you have to understand most women on this site are/were extreme geeks who got very few dates and are very insecure already. So asking the wrong question or making a statement that makes them feel insecure will chase them off.
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/6/2013 6:00:01 PM
I have one advantage in conversation that you haven't got and you have one advantage that I haven't got. I see women on pof whom I know are active so I send them a message discussing whatever I think they may be interested in and they usually respond. I send a second message and they usually respond, i send another two messages and they usually respond. Eventually I send a message and they don't respond. I don't try to figure out why. I just message them a week or a month later or not. When I had a picture up I was able to recieve messages and the women talked at a much faster rate and messaging went on for days at a time, a couple times ended up in dates. Either way I take everything in stride, they don't block me and I don't push them for conversation. My advise is to count your positives and forget about the negatives. I learned a long time ago when anything is not working to just let it go. I have hobbies worth fighting for. Women aren't one of them.
 nikkisenko
Msg: 80
Posted: 3/6/2013 6:45:44 PM
I've stopped replying for a couple of reasons in the past. The most common is that they jump to sex waaaay too fast. Sometimes, they spend too much time texting. A little is ok, but if we are considering dating, I think we have to upgrade to phone calls. Timing can be an issue too. I had someone text me at 6:30am on a Sunday morning - first contact. I felt like that was very inconsiderate.
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:25:41 PM
Yes I think a text is inconsiderate because I think it makes a noise but had he just sent you an email and didn't expect an immediate response then that would have been better.
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:12:38 PM
Welcome to the dating world! I have men do this to me, and I have done this to men as well. It pretty much means I have lost interest, yes, it sucks and its harsh but it happens! Or I have found someone better to date. The difference though, I don't act like a di.ck and sleep with guys I am not sure about. So if I lose interest, and I haven't slept with you, I really don't need to explain myself to you.
 Fiesher
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/6/2013 10:32:18 PM
Exactly!

I would guess if its really abruptly that they stop responding, it is likely they just ran into someone else who got their attention. They may stop responding to them as well unless that can keep them captivated. Some of these women are creatures of habit--only attracted to certain types of men even though that man doesn't fit the criteria they list. It is mostly involuntary.
 OC28AV99
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/6/2013 10:39:32 PM
Exactly, as most of you have figured out. Either we've met someone else and want to avoid a confrontation, or we've just decided you're really not someone we want to pursue anymore... We've made a decision about you...not to pursue you any further. Sorry, please take the hint. It's easier on all of us.
 Fiesher
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/6/2013 10:39:59 PM
[JadeGirl31]

I'm willing to bet that if its someone you FEEL you're really interested in, even if they do say something you don't like, you're not going anywhere.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 1:19:43 AM
“Why do girls stop replying?”

“Because they're no longer interested.”

“I deduced that much but I'm curious as to how their interest can appear and disappear so quickly.”

Easy. People exchange numbers before they even know if they are interested in someone. Please don’t assume just because a “girl” gives you her number she will continue to respond to you. She doesn’t know you and it is expected of her to exchange numbers while still getting to know each other or to see if there is a connection.

In other words, for some reason she sees a potential in you and when she has the opportunity to find out more about this potential her interest disappears. Nothing personal.
 nikkisenko
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/7/2013 3:29:44 AM

Easy. People exchange numbers before they even know if they are interested in someone. Please don’t assume just because a “girl” gives you her number she will continue to respond to you. She doesn’t know you and it is expected of her to exchange numbers while still getting to know each other or to see if there is a connection.

In other words, for some reason she sees a potential in you and when she has the opportunity to find out more about this potential her interest disappears. Nothing personal.

This is the perfect answer.
 THEMEPACK
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:18:15 AM
I bore very quickly, if you're not firing on all 12 cylinders it's likely I will not be interested.
 ksayer1
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:50:21 AM
I don't really get why this is an issue.
Unless the OP was hoping to go on tons of dates just to find out they or he was not interested.
I think people believe the ''perfect'' one may be passing them up. If after talking or even a few msgs they are not interested, they are not the perfect one.
So if you really are looking for ''the one'' then be glad that the others are weeding themselves out for you. :)
 abmccray
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 9:07:31 AM

I think people believe the ''perfect'' one may be passing them up. If after talking or even a few msgs they are not interested, they are not the perfect one.

Exactly. If someone isn't interested it you, it's not going to work out, anyway, so it should be out of sight out of mind after that point.
 AmyJo112
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/7/2013 9:05:19 PM
Wow, this has surely been an interesting read. I cannot speak for all the girls, nor would I choose to. I'm sure there are just as many shallows girls on this site as there are men, so to really get into depth on this is just plain dysfunctional. Perhaps it is the type of women you are choosing to engage with, with would then greatly reflect on the lack of character or respect they have for others. When I lose interest, no matter the reason, I have attempted in the past to tell the guy why. I made and kept a LOT of friends on here by being straight forward, which I think is ultimately the goal anyway.
 orange_hill
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/8/2013 6:33:49 AM
Usually when I lose interest, I would tell them that. By saying "we're not a match", "I went out on a few dates with someone that I liked", "I'm taking time off from dating" or whatever the reason was. Sure a few men made nasty comments after I told them this. But the majority of men either didn't contact me again or sent me another message thanking me for being upfront and wishing me well. Pretty much the only time I would stop replying without any notice is when a man says somethings that is clearly rude such as sexual remarks.
 designalife
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/8/2013 11:26:42 AM
Wow, such insecurity here! Keep in mind that you have to go through a lot of shaft to get to the wheat. Not everyone is for you. Don't take offense and just move on. If you click then great! Also, we women get tired of men hiding behind the texts and emails. Show yourself as the man you are. Ask if you can call her. If she says yes, then go for it. You never know what might really show up.
 e_smooth925
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 9:46:43 AM
This happens all the time. Just happen again last week 2 or 3 days of texting each other and then boom nothing. It's ultra confusing we had tentative plans to hang out and meet up, then no response.
 TomásIasan
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 6:06:28 PM
Several reasons actually to say exactly why is hard to say really can't read their minds so your guessing. So rather than worry about why they stopped replying and dwelling on it simply view it as a dodged bullet in life and find the right one not dwell on the wrong one.
 BretIAm
Msg: 96
Posted: 6/5/2018 6:11:36 PM

Human nature
Free will
They want what they want (and you're not what they want)
and on, and on ...
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 2:58:05 PM
They either lost or are losing interest or may be busy or may of found someone
 sun_water
Msg: 98
Posted: 6/9/2018 1:49:25 PM

Usually when I lose interest, I would tell them that. By saying "we're not a match", "I went out on a few dates with someone that I liked", "I'm taking time off from dating" or whatever the reason was. Sure a few men made nasty comments after I told them this. But the majority of men either didn't contact me again or sent me another message thanking me for being upfront and wishing me well. Pretty much the only time I would stop replying without any notice is when a man says somethings that is clearly rude such as sexual remarks.

Completely agree with this.
 JGL209
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 2:41:43 PM
Happens to me sometimes. There's mutual attraction but we have nothing in common from music, movies , hobbies to religion and before you know it, she's met a hotter guy or has more in common with someone else.
 ssm508
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 3:50:54 PM

People lose interest due to many different reasons. Sometimes it has nothing to do with you. They might be married or in a relationship. They decided that they weren't ready or available for a possible relationship. They were dishonest about something in their profile. They went out on a date with someone that they think is a little bit more attractive. They were never that seriously interested to begin with. Some people will use internet dating as a way to pass time when they are bored.

Exactly. Good points.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do girls stop replying?