Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do girls stop replying?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 101
Why do girls stop replying?Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I tend to quit replying because the person that I'm talking to is boring. My patience is very thin and a boring conversation is something I won't entertain. Another reason is distance. I'm messaging someone right now who just told me that he's in town (country) until July 4th and then he's going back to Japan for a year. I see no reason to continue communication with someone who doesn't live in the same area as me so there's that.
Why do girls stop replying?
Posted: 6/17/2018 7:20:38 AM
I can tell you why I stop replying. I exchanged a few messages with a woman here the beginning of April. I sent her a message one afternoon and just received a reply that said "driving". Okay, I figured she'd reply later. She didn't and I didn't send anymore. Fast forward to the beginning of this week. She must have forgot we talked because she sent me a "first contact" type message. I replied then wished her a belated happy birthday. I later reminded her we talked a couple of months ago and told her what happened. A few days later we had this exchange -

Her - What are you doing up so late?

Me - Hi. I’m usually up until 12:30/1am. I have the app on my phone and iPad and sometimes don’t sign out so I think it might show me online when I’m not.

Her - Well i am not up until 12 30 am . I am in bed sleeping by that time, i have to get up early for work. I dont have the app on my phone or iPad, nor do i want this app on it. And rather you sign out or not thats up to you, Its a dating site and we all can go on and off when we feel like .If you texted me and i was driving thats because i was driving,,, I don't lie

I'm didn't reply to that! I was to busy running away like Forrest Gump...
 reverendswine
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/18/2018 2:53:29 AM

I tend to quit replying because the person that I'm talking to is boring. My patience is very thin and a boring conversation is something I won't entertain.

If your contributions to the conversations are anything like your never-fücking-ending POF rant posts, then you are boring, too.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2018 3:37:30 PM
No one has yet figured out why we women do what we do,,,
---same applies to men.
 julystorm22
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2018 8:19:39 AM
Lol, I have yet to figure out men...they are a lot more complicated than we have been led to believe.
 siisaa
Msg: 106
Posted: 6/22/2018 11:28:06 PM
Some common reasons on the top of my head:

- they're not asking me out, especially if we've exchanged several messages and they're still wishy-washy about setting up a meet/date
- they said something off-putting
- their messages are way too long with no paragraphs when they're just ranting/raving about online dating woes, their ex or some other shit I don't care about
- they're boring. I try to ask open-ended questions and when they answer without asking me a follow-up question, the exchange becomes stagnate. Goodbye.

but mostly, I stop replying because I feel like it. I've been on enough online dates to know that 99% of the time, nothing ever comes from it except a free beverage/meal and some awkward discourse. It made me not even want to bother.
 Coma_White
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2018 12:58:54 AM

Lol, I have yet to figure out men...they are a lot more complicated than we have been led to believe.

Men are extremely simple. They want beer, pizza, intercourse and a kind hearted girlfrend. Maybe you're overthinking it.
 CBGB77
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2018 7:39:37 AM

Posted By: coma_white on 6/23/2018 254 AM
Subject: Why do girls stop replying?

Men are extremely simple. They want beer, pizza, intercourse and a kind hearted girlfrend. Maybe you're overthinking it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82yNxiF-T4A
 Coma_White
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2018 9:15:04 AM
If I knew why girls stopped replying, I would have a date.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2018 11:05:58 AM
Perhaps they were abducted by aliens.

Have seen that posted many times in the forums, but not in a while.
 reverendswine
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/25/2018 4:24:25 AM

The other day I got a message from a really pretty girl so we exchanged messages for a couple hours then exchanged numbers. The following couple days we talked lots and made all sorts of tentative plans. Now she stopped replying to my texts abruptly. Given that this kind of thing happens all the time is like to know what people think. A lot of my friends have the same problem.

Stop. Doing. This. Shit.

The long, drawn out, "joined at the hip" texting crap ends up being nothing but a test to see if you're a desperate, obedient fool with nothing else going on his life, and a great way to show her that's exactly what you are is to get sucked in to this shit. Sending the message of "baby, you're all I've got!!" is dating suicide.

Find out when she will be available, then make a concrete plan to meet right out of the gate. If she's really interested, she will make this process absolutely painless and simple for both of you, not give you a shitload of uncertainty.

Don't believe me?? Then keep doing what you're doing, but one day you'll realize the gazillions of stories we hear about this all have one thing in common.
 MsMicki
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2018 7:57:02 AM
Amen Rev!!

If you are interested...get the game going!
You can't score if you don't shoot!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2018 12:09:50 PM

Find out when she will be available, then make a concrete plan to meet right out of the gate. If she's really interested, she will make this process absolutely painless and simple for both of you, not give you a shitload of uncertainty.

Exactly.
Not sure what all the complications are about. Maybe because of phones, computers and the ability to text, etc.?
In the old days (hahahahaha!) most of your dating prowess came from face to face meetings, and you had phones
that didn't have call waiting or caller id...and of course there was no texting.

You either made a plan or you missed out.
 ssm508
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2018 8:34:33 AM

they're not asking me out, especially if we've exchanged several messages and they're still wishy-washy about setting up a meet/date

In that situation, a woman can ask a man out. Put the ball clearly in his court and see happens. If he is hesitant, evades the question, claims to be busy without a counteroffer etc, then most likely he is not interested. Some people on OLD websites are looking for a text / email buddy, an ego boost and/or a way to pass time when they are bored.
 Tech30
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2018 10:37:44 AM
There are many reasons why a girl might stop replying. You need to ask yourself , does it really matter?

Dont put all your hopes into women. Most of the time they are flaky, unreasonable, uncertain of what they want or need and if they are on dating sites, they are talking to multiple men.

Dont over value the women you talk to online. Only if you start dating and spending time with her can you start to decide if they is a good person to put value on.

Otherwise, dont even think twice about a girl who stops talking to you.
 siisaa
Msg: 116
Posted: 6/29/2018 12:05:05 PM

In that situation, a woman can ask a man out. Put the ball clearly in his court and see happens. If he is hesitant, evades the question, claims to be busy without a counteroffer etc, then most likely he is not interested. Some people on OLD websites are looking for a text / email buddy, an ego boost and/or a way to pass time when they are bored.

Sometimes I would say, "I'm not on here for a pen-pal," THEN they would ask me out or stop replying. I shouldn't have to ask someone to ask me out. In most cases, I'd stop replying altogether because when I was dating online, I didn't have a shortage of men who were more proactive about asking me out. Wishy-washy, passive dudes will get left behind on these types of sites.
 JAXTC
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2018 12:11:27 PM
Perhaps people just aren't that desperate to find a date using OLD and have other things to do? Like work, family, friends, vacation, etc? I stop replying when I get bored or am just too busy with other things.
 Coma_White
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2018 12:16:45 PM

Sometimes I would say, "I'm not on here for a pen-pal," THEN they would ask me out or stop replying. I shouldn't have to ask someone to ask me out. In most cases, I'd stop replying altogether because when I was dating online, I didn't have a shortage of men who were more proactive about asking me out. Wishy-washy, passive dudes will get left behind on these types of sites.

That's why I wouldn't recommend online dating for men. It's probably the worst odds out of any type of dating scenario. It's the roulette of dating!
 CBGB77
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2018 12:36:20 PM

Posted By: coma_white on 6/29/2018 245 PM

That's why I wouldn't recommend online dating for men. It's probably the worst odds out of any type of dating scenario. It's the roulette of dating!

Online dating been berry berry good to me.
 ssm508
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2018 1:04:35 PM

It shouldn't matter who does the asking. The majority of the time I asked a woman out first. But some women did ask me out. That didn't mean I was wishy washy or had lukewarm interest with these women. It can be simply be about some women being assertive and not following the traditional gender roles of dating.
 TomásIasan
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2018 3:34:15 PM
Perhaps they most of the guys on here will never live up to actually being adults and taking responsibility for their sh!t the proof is in pudding.

She either responds or doesn't that has nothing to do with you that sh!t is on them not you fvcking get over that sh!t already. Accept the fact not everyone wants to be with you even if you want to be with them we all have an idea on what we want. If you reject a lady is that her fault or yours? Neither it's fvcking life so sad too bad fvcking move on.
 Coma_White
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2018 4:45:25 PM

How? I can't even get a response, never mind a date lol.
 CBGB77
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2018 9:29:32 PM

Posted By: coma_white on 6/29/2018 625 PM

How? I can't even get a response, never mind a date lol.

I started doing it around 2014, I think I have had one or more dates with about 30 woman. The last one I dated is my girlfriend now but to be honest she chose me so maybe I just got lucky. But still if I hadn't had a profile on multiple dating websites I would never have met her(she found me on OK****D).
 julystorm22
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2018 11:34:32 PM
It may be because you are more realistic in what women you can get. From what I've seen, people who cannot get a date have unrealistically high expectations. I'd say 80% of men can easily get a date but only if they aim reasonably. For instance, I have a brother who has never had a girlfriend but he's always tried for girls way out of his league while girls that showed interest in him he didn't find attractive enough. Now, my brother is very obese and his personality is difficult to deal with at times so he's no prize yet he expects a woman to be thin and sweet.
 patchmanjoker
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2018 1:32:51 AM
I have posted on this before. Studies have proven that women judge men's looks harsher when using OLD. OKC did a study a few years back that showed women only found about 20% of males using the sight as attractive. Men judged the ladies about 50-50, which is what the site expected. This study was posted on the OKC blog but recently it was taken down. It was probably taken down because they don't want more men leaving the site. Similar studies have been done with others sites and apps and the results are mostly the same. That is why OLD does not work well for most guys.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do girls stop replying?