Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do girls stop replying?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 patchmanjoker
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Why do girls stop replying?Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Something else I have posted in the past...

Interesting enough, I was listening to a talk radio station today and they had a female OLD expert on taking calls from women having trouble with OLD. Most of the women claimed that they could not find any good guys online. The expert claimed that a lot of women are looking for reasons to avoid a date instead of giving guys a chance, and if they have a bad date they become even more guarded. But, she also pointed out that more guys they see the better chance they have of meeting someone special....go figure. With OLD it is the women that are usually dragging their feet, this has been pointed out with statistics in the past and it still continues.
 Coma_White
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Why do girls stop replying?
Posted: 7/1/2018 7:29:00 AM

New ones, Coma. You know you've had the same main picture for years. ;-)

That's obvious. I'm trying to ask how it will make women more interested if my new picture is similar to my old picture and I basically look the same.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2018 7:54:01 AM

Coma_white on 7/1/2018 900 AM
Subject: Why do girls stop replying?
New ones, Coma. You know you've had the same main picture for years. ;-)

That's obvious. I'm trying to ask how it will make women more interested if my new picture is similar to my old picture and I basically look the same.

Probably won't make any difference. Maybe you should change your profile name--- 'Coma' is kind of a snooze~
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 144
Posted: 7/1/2018 7:59:14 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ Only "basically look the same" to you Coma.
Either you want to present yourself in the best light to attract new possibilities...……...or you don't. Only you can decide. The rest of us, can only suggest, lead the horse. Are you thirsty?
 ohenryx
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2018 10:08:44 AM

Coma_White
I'm trying to ask how it will make women more interested if my new picture is similar to my old picture and I basically look the same.

Cowboy (RIP) used to give very good advice, on this and many other subjects related to dating. I didn’t always agree with him, but most of the time I found his advice to be very good, very solid.

He recommended putting up the maximum number of pictures the site would allow (8 for non-paying, 16 for paying members). And rotate the main profile picture regularly.

Ladyinred0407
Either you want to present yourself in the best light to attract new possibilities...……...or you don't. Only you can decide. The rest of us, can only suggest, lead the horse. Are you thirsty?

+1, agree with LIR 100% on this one.
 Coma_White
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2018 10:37:38 AM

Of course I want to present myself in the best light, that's why I'm asking questions. I still have no idea what kind of picture a woman wants to see. No one has answered that yet. What makes a picture appealing to a woman?
 sun___flower
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2018 10:49:29 AM
^^^ It's not whether the picture is appealing; it's whether the man is appealing. So post flattering pictures of yourself. Are you able to recognize whether or not a picture of you is flattering?
 siisaa
Msg: 148
Posted: 7/1/2018 10:52:12 AM
Coma, do you have any female friends who could help you take some flattering photos and revise your profile?
 sun___flower
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2018 10:54:56 AM
^^^ Great question, siisaa.

In order to maintain the most flattering pictures you are restricted to having no more than 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Coma_White
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2018 11:28:39 AM

^^^ It's not whether the picture is appealing; it's whether the man is appealing. So post flattering pictures of yourself. Are you able to recognize whether or not a picture of you is flattering?

Not really. I can tell if a picture totally sucks but since I'm not a woman I don't know what catches their eye or turns them off.

Coma, do you have any female friends who could help you take some flattering photos and revise your profile?

I have a few I could ask.
 ssm508
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2018 11:31:49 AM

Cowboy (RIP) used to give very good advice, on this and many other subjects related to dating. I didn’t always agree with him, but most of the time I found his advice to be very good, very solid.

He recommended putting up the maximum number of pictures the site would allow (8 for non-paying, 16 for paying members). And rotate the main profile picture regularly.

My viewpoint of Cowboy was neutral. He could give good advice. But at times I felt he could be harsh with people he disagreed with. That being said, I do agree with rotating pictures and adding 1-2 new photos about once every 3-6 months. I don't necessarily think a person has to use 8 pictures though. When I was using OLD, I usually had 4 to 6 pictures in somewhat different settings. That was usually sufficient.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 152
Posted: 7/1/2018 11:40:56 AM
https://www.virtualdatingassistants.com/online-dating-photo-tips-for-guys

https://lifehacker.com/meet-more-people-with-better-online-dating..

.https://blog.photofeeler.com/take-attractive-online-dating-profile.

www.dailymail.co.uk/...perfect-online-dating...

I only google searched these sites for suggestions. I read the first one briefly.

What I may look for in a pic, a man near my age, may not be what a woman near to your age, would look for in a man's pic.
But you have a fraction of a second to catch the eye of the beholder.

I look for outdoors, active, friendly, casual clothing, and /or with something you are passionate about.
Take advantage of the 8 spots available, per profile, as ohenry mentioned.
Take the opportunity to have fun with this project. It will show in you pics!
 ssm508
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2018 11:45:18 AM

Good idea. I'm not that photogenic. But I would take several pictures of myself and ask a few female friends or sometimes even random females such as a waitress at a restaurant I'm at which pictures they liked the best. There were usually 1 or 2 good pictures from that set.
 sun_water
Msg: 154
Posted: 7/1/2018 2:23:44 PM

Lucky for us all, we can choose who we want to date.

Let me get the straight. You think women would be successful if they accepted men they do not want.
Why would you think that either men or women do not know themselves well enough to know what they want.

We all have preferences. But sometimes "expanding or adjusting the strike zone" a little bit (instead of being adamant that a potential date must have a bunch of various things) can be good. Especially for people that had problems with dating. I know people that are either happily married or in committed relationships because they did this.
 moraima
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2018 3:16:36 PM
(sometimes "expanding or adjusting the strike zone" a little bit)

When I have done that, I have ended up asking myself just wth I was thinking.

Then trying to come up with an excuse that would not hurt the other person to make sure I never had to see them again.
Lesson learned........not my type is not my type.

Adjusting your strike zone can end up making your realize yet again that you just can not settle with less than you want and be happy.

Self esteem is a wonderful and freeing attribute.
 sun_water
Msg: 156
Posted: 7/1/2018 4:13:44 PM
Like many things in life, adjusting or expanding the strike zone can sometimes (but not always) be successful. However I still might take a swing when the pitch is just outside the plate. If I feel that we are not compatible after a few dates, then I would politely tell him that and we can go our separate ways. No harm. In that situation, I would rather swing and strike out. Instead of not swinging and wonder what might have happened if I did swing.
 ssm508
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2018 6:37:25 AM

Like many things in life, adjusting or expanding the strike zone can sometimes (but not always) be successful. However I still might take a swing when the pitch is just outside the plate. If I feel that we are not compatible after a few dates, then I would politely tell him that and we can go our separate ways. No harm. In that situation, I would rather swing and strike out. Instead of not swinging and wonder what might have happened if I did swing.

Agreed. Having an email / text / phone conversation or going out on a few dates with someone that might not exactly match a list of requirements doesn't necessarily mean a person is settling or has low esteem. As you alluded to there is nothing to lose. The worst case scenario is it doesn't work out after a conversation or a few dates and you move on.

Settling would be having a long term relationship or a marriage with someone when you are content at best to outright miserable at worst. That's a different situation.

No, I believe what he's saying is, there are times when these "preferences" can get REALLY stupid.

Yes. The original point was about being more flexible about certain things and not making assumptions based on a small piece of info on a profile or a picture.
 reverendswine
Msg: 158
Posted: 7/2/2018 6:46:09 AM

Let me get the straight. You think women would be successful if they accepted men they do not want.

No, I believe what he's saying is, there are times when these "preferences" can get REALLY stupid. I don't give a shit what anyone says, when a woman starts demanding a man like her favorite football teams, TV shows, and NOT own a *small* dog because she thinks it's "weird", that's an insufferable and irrational twat who deserves to be alone as much as people who refuse to better themselves.

Yes, she has the RIGHT to cling to these "preferences" for dear life. Everyone gets it. Believe me, they really do. But she also needs to shut her whiny piehole when no one wants her stupid ass.
 moraima
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2018 10:55:07 AM
(No, I believe what he's saying is, there are times when these "preferences" can get REALLY stupid. I don't give a shit what anyone says, when a woman starts demanding a man like her favorite football teams, TV shows, and NOT own a *small* dog because she thinks it's "weird", that's an insufferable and irrational twat who deserves to be alone as much as people who refuse to better themselves.)

I totally agree. I certainly was not referring to such petty things. I foolishly thought others were not referring to stupid things either. Hence my comments.

(Yes, she has the RIGHT to cling to these "preferences" for dear life. Everyone gets it. Believe me, they really do. But she also needs to shut her whiny piehole when no one wants her stupid ass.)

However, if her preferences are reasonable, she would not whine about people she does not want, not wanting her.

Imo, it is people who whine because they can not have their pick out of everyone they want, who should just learn and accept that everyone will never want them. Concentrate on those who do you want.
 sun_water
Msg: 160
Posted: 7/3/2018 6:30:53 AM

No, I believe what he's saying is, there are times when these "preferences" can get REALLY stupid. I don't give a shit what anyone says, when a woman starts demanding a man like her favorite football teams, TV shows, and NOT own a *small* dog because she thinks it's "weird", that's an insufferable and irrational twat who deserves to be alone as much as people who refuse to better themselves.

Yes. Many people can be picky about petty things. I agree with a previous example that a woman wanting 1-2 extra inches is petty when a man is already several inches taller than a woman. Same thing with men that dismiss a woman because she has a little bit of extra weight when said men are also overweight.
 siisaa
Msg: 161
Posted: 7/3/2018 12:28:16 PM
I've learned to write certain people off who have such outlandish and unreasonable expectations. Chances are, they've encountered at least one really good potential catch in their lives but thwarted it for silly reasons. Funny when you actually ask said chronically single people, "what good has all these preferences gotten you?" they're usually at a loss for words.

The people I know who are successful at relationships are not so picky, but it's not like they're automatically settling either. They have decent pickers and are good at accepting people.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2018 12:47:36 PM
msg 172:
I agree with a previous example that a woman wanting 1-2 extra inches is petty

It could be she needed/wanted that 'extra 1-2 inches' to be somewhere other than his height.
Just sayin' (smile)
 TomásIasan
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2018 6:17:55 PM
I don't have outlandish expectations honesty truthfulness as Billy Joel song goes.

Well I guess that leads to all I need is a miracle Mike and the Mechanics.

If she wants 1-2 extra inches more than what exactly?

You know there are 4 types of orgasm a woman can have right?

The positive oh yes oh yes
The negative oh no oh no
The holy Oh God Oh God
And the fake oh "enter guys name here" oh "enter guys name here".

I noticed a trend to that little thing the after orgasm the second delayed orgasm the oh shit oh shit as they run to the washroom. Still wondering what the fvck is so important in there they have to throw me literally out of the way.
 siisaa
Msg: 164
Posted: 7/3/2018 6:39:13 PM

Still wondering what the fvck is so important in there they have to throw me literally out of the way.

It's a good idea for women to pee after sex to prevent UTI.
 sun_water
Msg: 165
Posted: 7/3/2018 7:02:04 PM

It could be she needed/wanted that 'extra 1-2 inches' to be somewhere other than his height.
Just sayin' (smile)

Good one. Although sometimes it can be 1-2 inches too large. (Wink) Depending on a woman's preferences.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do girls stop replying?