Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Guys, do you find you attract younger women out than online?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Crystal_Planet
Msg: 76
Guys, do you find you attract younger women out than online?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
^^Wow! So you're dating a 22 year old with his life together? Man, that's got to be some kind of record. Cool on you!
 DragonBits
Msg: 77
Guys, do you find you attract younger women out than online?
Posted: 3/24/2014 6:15:33 AM

Also, in 1900 the life expectancy of men was about 49 and women a bit younger. By now it's about 72 for men and about 79 for women. I am pulling these number out of my head, so you can go check them and see the plus or minus of a couple of years, so bear with me. If the life expectancy was about 49, that means that a middle age man was about mid thirties. Women lasted less than men particularly because of the amount of loses during child bearing. But now that has changed. Women live longer than men, primarily because of stress, and in the old days they did not smoked as much. But what that makes is a person that is in her fifties, in shape, good health, very active, look and feel like a 30 year old. So this makes sense.

You are misinformed about the whole age and life expectancy aspect.

Women have always lived longer than men in every part of the world since we have recorded data, back to 1500s. Only exceptions are a few places like Bangladesh.

Men in the last 20 years have been closing the longevity gap,with men gaining 4.6 Vs 2.7 years in life expectancy, but women still live an average of 86 years Vs 81.6 years.

Since men are living healthier, they are also hornier longer into their senior years.

IMO women have greater financial resources so now they tend to pick a man they like Vs one that can provide. Men have always done that, but now neither gender is as interested in children, so men may pick women without regard to having a family. And children are expensive and no longer an asset as they were in the past.

Also society in general is much more tolerant of all sorts of relationships, Internet dating has greatly increased the dating pool for everyone.
 or_current_resident
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/24/2014 5:00:16 PM

^^Wow! So you're dating a 22 year old with his life together? Man, that's got to be some kind of record. Cool on you!

^^^^^^
crystal planet......methinks they are express their freedom from their past ex's as just a jab....twisting the knife a little...... but not in general with men in their same age group......so don't take it personal cuz your not one of their past ex's........^^^^^^

As many of these rebounder's here can be quite comical in their broad brush strokes......so stay clear of them unless you too need to shake them bushes too, Luke.....cheers
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/25/2014 10:54:18 AM

There's a discussion in some other forum about the horror of men going after much younger women. The reality is that online, it's the women the ones chasing younger guys.

Not everywhere or at lesat, not universally.

I have never gone after a younger guy. In the past week, I'd bet 60% of my mail has been from guys under 35. (I'm 47).

Some of them because they like older women, some of them claimed they didn't have a clue I WAS 47. (don't know if they were lying or telling the truth).

But I know a few women who go for way younger guys, but most women I know won't.

So I'm thinking there are less cougars out there than a lot of people think. At least people looking for a relationship. People looking for a boy toy (or a girl toy if it's an older guy going for a woman), maybe there is some of that.

But I just don't think it's nearly as prevalent as so many seem to have been led to believe.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2014 12:02:22 PM
Yea, I consistently get myself into trouble when I go to Vegas or if I'm out with the boys for a birthday bash with younger women. The last time I did this was the late fall when we attended a birthday party at a local piano bar for my GF's close friend and my GF ended up throwing a shoe at a group of younger ladies I apparently got too friendly with......LOL..........got us thrown out of the club!! Quite a night, not to mention the cold shoulder I got for several days after........

In any case, while I do like to LOOK at younger women, I just find that I have more in common with women my age and I prefer to be in the company of same. I just find women my age to be much more confident and pleasant, and most importantly, so much better lovers compared to the younger women I've dated.

Just my .02.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2014 8:25:32 AM

^^^How would you like it if your woman was getting the attention of and giving attention to much younger, hot men?
I'm sure she could do this just as easily (if not more so) ha, and the men's attention would be genuine.

FYI -
These younger women you speak of are paid to give you attention. You're in Vegas, LMAO...

I would tell her to go for it......lol.......I've often told her there is no shame in admiring fine specimens of the opposite gender. Its only natural!! And besides - it gives me a mandate to "window shop"!! Sadly, though, most women aren't wired this way.......she gets rather jealous. I kind of like it when other men look at her, though. It lets me know I'm not the only one that thinks she's attractive!!

As for Vegas, I don't pick up hookers. Why pay for what I can get for free on my own good merits?
 DragonBits
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/26/2014 9:50:52 AM

Women with younger boyfriends/ husbands IS becoming very common nowadays as women no longer need a guy that's older to support them, therefore creating a larger dating pool.

How do you know it's becoming the norm? I am quite sure it's not the norm, the norm is dating within a few years of your own age. Norm meaning it's at least more than 50% of dating.

Do you have any stats at all to indicate how common dating say more than 6 years younger is? And if it is so common, why has POF limited being able to contact anyone more than 14 years younger or older?

I just find women my age to be much more confident and pleasant, and most importantly, so much better lovers compared to the younger women I've dated.

I guess that means around 45 years old? Any younger, does that mean 35? Or 25?

I have had the most experience with women around 35 years of age. I only ever dated 2 women over 50, they both had very physically fit bodies. But one was a twit, so I wasn't interested. The other was a bit odd, but interesting. Never dated a woman over 55. Not that I wouldn't, just never did.

IMO how good someone is as a lover is more about their personality than their age, though I suppose way too young or way too old will start to become more important.

IMO date whom you want, I used age as a gating filter at times. But it depends on a the totality of the circumstances. For instance, I wouldn't likely date a women younger than 25 that wanted to get married. Nor a woman that reminds me of Aunt Bee. But I don't get at all upset at what other people what to use as dating criteria, that's their problem.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2014 10:20:37 AM

I guess that means around 45 years old? Any younger, does that mean 35? Or 25?

At the time I was 40-41, I dated a few ladies that were in their early 30s so the age difference was 8 years. I know that doesn't seem like much, but yet I found them to be unusually uptight and selfconscious, and it definitely had a (negative) effect in the bedroom. It was disappointing, because they had smokin' hot bodies and yet the sex was so "reserved".........

Thats not to say all 30 year old women are like this - it just happend to be my experience. I'm sure there are some that are great in bed.......unfortunately, I didn't hook up with any of them, Dammit!!

DragonBits
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/26/2014 10:29:23 AM

It was disappointing, because they had smokin' hot bodies and yet the sex was so "reserved".........

Thats not to say all 30 year old women are like this - it just happend to be my experience. I'm sure there are some that are great in bed.......unfortunately, I didn't hook up with any of them, Dammit!!

I think one would need to hook up with a lot of women of different ages and different backgrounds to really get an idea if age has a lot to do with this.

The greatest variable in who we date is ourselves. Meaning that one's man's experience with an age group will likely be totally different than another man's. Different males will date different sorts of women.

This is why IMO personal experience is so poor when we use it to generalize about an age group, gender, or any other type of group. We just don't get a large random sample, chance plays a very large role.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2014 10:37:19 AM

I think one would need to hook up with a lot of women of different ages and different backgrounds to really get an idea if age has a lot to do with this.

It sure would be an interesting study, eh?

I volunteer to be the "constant" in that study!!.........er........somehow I don't think my GF would appreciate my efforts in that regard.............nevermind.

dwmitch
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2014 12:59:11 PM
Attract younger women out than online? I find the opposite to be true, actually.

My first girlfriend, whom I met at work (I was working in a deli and she came in to see her sister, who was training me), was older than me. My second girlfriend, whom I met online, was younger. After we broke up I entered a long distance relationship with a woman I met in an online game. Even planned on moving to South Carolina for her before I found out that she was sleeping with her cousin (female, so no issues with children, but still...) and that even if things worked out to where we could get married she was going to continue sleeping with her. She was about 9 years younger than me.

About a year ago I was in my sister-in-law's store killing time while waiting on a new radiator. One of her regular customers struck up a conversation with me, kept touching my arm (which I've been told is how some women signal interest), then before she checked out she gave me her number and when she told me the best hours to call she put her hand on my shoulder. When she left my sister-in-law told me she was 47. Given the disturbing number of 15 year olds walking around the halls of the school in their second trimester around here she could easily be my mother. In fact, if we would have been on this site the hard coded age restrictions would have kept her from contacting me regardless of my contact settings.

On this site I only have the meet me feature to go by, which isn't fully accurate since a maybe registers as a yes. Over the past five or so years I've had several women either click yes or maybe and none of them are even a year older than me. Of the ten still in my list (the rest have either closed down their accounts or possibly came across me again and changed their answer to no) most of them are still in their 20s, with one as young as 21.

Now I'd wager that most, if not all of those, were women clicking the maybe button but younger women at least imply that I'm not so unattractive that they definitely wouldn't want anything to do with me, which is something, I guess.
 SeƱor_Brightside
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/28/2014 1:12:14 PM
I definitely attract younger women when I'm out in a social situation. I've dated some but knew deep down there was no way it was ever going anywhere. Problem is on PoF the messages I get from my age bracket only consist of "Hey there :) " and a lot of women my age look old enough to be my mother(with a few exceptions)
 arlo2
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2014 5:43:56 PM
Yes. I attract a significantly younger demographic "out" in person than, on-line.

The difference is, actually, pretty striking. So much so; that, I deleted my actual dating profile and, kept this one, just for the forums. I attribute this. mostly, to the inability to use 10 year-old pictures and Photoshop, out in the real world. For no
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/24/2014 6:18:36 PM
Yes, typically everyone is allowed an opinion.
 Crystal_Planet
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/25/2014 4:39:35 AM

There's an average of 8-10 guys to every girl online and a large number of them are guys in their 20's, so you've got a lot of competition. I doubt it's any easier in real life for the average guy.

Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and say your "stats" are skewed here.
 DMarc1980
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/15/2014 4:55:53 AM
Yes, waitresses that are half my age are always flirting with me at restraints and laughing at my jokes, maybe I should hang out at them more!
 Like2dance
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2014 8:18:37 PM
I am constantly meeting approachable and datable far younger women out there in real life. I found that trying to find age appropriate (10-20 years younger) women on line was next to impossible so I no longer bother.
 mountinmann
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/7/2014 7:17:05 PM
Online, women are nutso about age.

But when they meet you in person it's less of an issue.
 dinno76
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/27/2014 10:05:42 AM
Easier to meet younger ladies in real life than online.
 Like2dance
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2014 1:10:52 PM
I long ago found meeting in person is the only way to find attractive younger women to date. On line dating is a total waste of time if one wants to meet model quality younger women to date.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/27/2014 1:40:28 PM
You are wrong here darling most of the overweight don't care or don't read they want to try even if you clearly say that you looking for tall girl and slim

That's how I feel when stupid, ineducable, and self-centered people contact me; the experience is like speaking with cold, dead rocks, devoid of substance and compassion.

Even some of the (allegedly) highly educated ones are unattractively clueless. It doesn't matter how good looking and well-educated (on paper) they are; there isn't anything about them that convinces me they're worth knowing, on-line and in real life.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/2/2015 10:52:13 PM
SanDiegoCasey- I do WAY better IRL (with different ages/types). There's just something about actually seeing a person, talking to them and getting a feel for who they are that just CAN'T be created offline, I don't see that changing anytime soon.
The pressure of a set up affects most people.
I believe when people go out just to go out, they are more open and relaxed and attract more people because of it.
 antirepublican
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/5/2015 12:08:56 PM
Most definitely yes! I'm rather tall and tall works better IRL than online.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/6/2015 10:31:16 PM

Easier to meet younger ladies in real life than online.

I don't know bro - between your smiling picture and that statement - i'm calling stranger danger. jking lol but it kind of reminded me of to catch a creeper.

When you hear that wily 50s gangster voice of Chris Hanson say "Hi, I'm Chris Hanson from NBC, why don't you sit down and wave your rights so you can publically stumble over the questions I've purposely set up to contract you relentlessly."

Yeah, I mean that is a sweet bit of justice - my favorite one is the short fat guy with the higher pitch raspy voice. I mean, that guy is f---ed, once you hear that voice, you can't un-hear it. And child molesters need protective custody.
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/6/2015 11:04:58 PM
I prefer men in their 40's myself. I am just told constantly I look like I am in my early to mid 20s in person ....so I start to wonder if that has something do with not getting approached by my preferred age range? The ones that do approach are usually men old enough for my younger sister /:
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Guys, do you find you attract younger women out than online?