Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Guys, do you find you attract younger women out than online?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ryuoki
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Guys, do you find you attract younger women out than online?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

I couldn't agree with you more , but this site is starting to get a little to much of a pain. I have friends that are females on here and they are bombarded with thousands of messages on here. This site is starting to seem more materialistic everyday. I can not seem to get a woman to hold a conversation on here to save my life.

Titans I couldn't agree with you more. Though no female friends that are on here. Apparently not that many ladies from my area on this or any site :/ But I have been saying this since less than 6mo after having started my first account back in 2011. Of course if you are getting responses at a rate greater than mine ( less than .5% out of 1000+) then you are obviously more what women want from visual appeal than I am.

And to restate because it is a long thread, women of any age do not approach me while out and about period. I must look like a rapist or mass murderer because I hardly get a response from anyone who appears single even face to face.
 Aradia96
Msg: 102
Guys, do you find you attract younger women out than online?
Posted: 2/20/2015 10:19:23 AM
Younger girls, under 18 I seem to attract in a friend kind of way, older men 30-40+ seem to not be able to stand me usually. Well when they see the stuff I say >.< too much personality differences.

In real life, I attract guys a bit older than me but not too old
 ryuoki
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2015 11:16:06 AM
Whoa whoa whoa whoa.... whoa whoa.... whoa..... whoa whoa whoa..... whoa.....

Younger girls under 18 you seem to attract? What are you looking for again? I assume that was a typo?
 Aradia96
Msg: 104
Posted: 2/21/2015 10:00:38 AM
Nah wasn't a typo, they just like me for friendship, maybe I appeal to their immature nature I dunno.
I don't mind women though but no women are interested in me. So yar
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 105
Posted: 2/21/2015 10:26:41 AM
Whatever the place, let's say the grocery story, the guys who look around my age always have their head down, looking all mopey. I'd smile at them if i could but they're extremely engaged in their basket and shoes.
Men in their 40s and 50s though I get a nice bright smile back. Makes me happy :)
 iamconstipated
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/7/2015 7:18:27 AM
Men are living a fantasy if they think a 25 yr old want an old man of 50.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 107
Re "fat girls"
Posted: 3/7/2015 8:10:44 AM
A male friend of mine (granted, a bit of a pig) once said the nice thing about overweight women is that their chubby little hands give the best hand jobs. I wish I carried all my fat in my fingers :(
 Viewfromhere
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/28/2015 10:53:34 PM
First question answer - Definitely out in the field.
Not just younger gals but all ages, most races, and every body type. And am casually attired most of the time.
On-line - different story. Amusing, actually.
 mike11091
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/29/2015 12:56:59 PM

I prefer men in their 40's myself. I am just told constantly I look like I am in my early to mid 20s in person ....so I start to wonder if that has something do with not getting approached by my preferred age range? The ones that do approach are usually men old enough for my younger sister /:

Beautiful people usually get hit on by the younger crowd more often because the younger crowd don't quite know any better.

Use it while it lasts.

I'm a woman and I've always attracted younger men either way & same goes for many women I know that are my age or older.

This is also my experience (except, male perspective). It seems that a lot of older women are looking for younger or equal to. Even the ones that might frown upon such things are often masking their own desires.

The only women I've ever really known to reach above their own age group are those that are seeking some form of concrete stability.

As I said above, looks are a big factor insofar as how far down you can reach. If they guess incorrectly, the ball is in your court, so to speak. Especially considering a lot of the younger crowd don't generally ask age specific questions.

A friend of mine, just a couple of days ago, discovered that I'm 30. He thought I was...much younger...
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/29/2015 1:14:39 PM
Maybe I'm an anomaly, but I'm not attracted to young guys, and I'm not masking my desires. I've tried. It just feels yucky.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/29/2015 5:59:34 PM
Now do you mean younger women online judging by their stated age, or their actual age?? Cuz there's usually a 10 year difference..lol
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/30/2015 4:45:41 AM
^^Yes, this is true. I have viewed profiles of other women (out of curiosity) and I've questioned both the validity of their age claims and the age of the photos they posted.

My posted age is my true, chronological age.

Few of the men who contact me claim they're forty are actually 25 and configure their profiles to reflect an older persona, thinking they'll bang a cougar. I'd rather die, than -- at my age -- shag somebody young enough to be the age of my own child.
 Viewfromhere
Msg: 113
Posted: 4/23/2015 12:07:10 PM
Amused again.
The question was directed toward the men.
 Freesimpleness
Msg: 114
Posted: 4/30/2015 8:27:11 AM
Welcome to cougar ground, well its POF so I assume its an ocean so we can say sharks instead. Here women are to get what they cant in real life. in contrary we guys almost always look younger than our age and get attention from even 10 to 15 years old younger. at the result there would be 20 years age difference between what you get online and in real life. I get women my mother, hell even grand mas age messaging me here while in real life I get girls my kids age show interest.
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/1/2015 9:50:43 AM

Welcome to cougar ground,

Yes, women's attention from younger men is something that should be invalidated and shame. (As a chipped bottle myself, I don't go for much younger men -- just somebody around my age.)

Yet, a man who claims to look much younger than his stated aged should be respected and considered. LOL!

well its POF so I assume its an ocean so we can say sharks instead.

No, there are a lot of washed-up broken bottles, especially middle-aged men who are so delusional to think they look considerably younger than their stated age.

Very few are the exception.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 116
Posted: 5/1/2015 10:00:25 AM

so delusional to think they look considerably younger than their stated age.

Very few are the exception.

yes! I thought that immediately when I read his post. The very very rare time I see it is a 30ish male who looks 18..and he doesn't advertise it.
We all look our age people. Accept it. Nothing to be ashamed of.
 Robert_77_
Msg: 117
Posted: 5/1/2015 10:25:18 AM
I'm not so sure that I buy that men age better. I am noticing a lot of women online who are my age (37) or older that look even younger than I do and I'd be so bold as to say that I'm on the youngish looking side of my age bracket.
 Eckhartwarmingtolle
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/1/2015 10:42:56 AM
The easy explanation is that in person a woman can see how you look and behave vs online where they see the number and well, that's all they see.
 arlo2
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2015 8:54:04 PM

I am noticing a lot of women online who are my age (37) or older that look even younger than I do ...

Or, at least, they did when their pictures were taken :)
 Robert_77_
Msg: 120
Posted: 5/1/2015 9:39:05 PM
My theory is that a select group of women are holding off having kids at an early age, thus slowing down the aging process. There is some science to this theory. In general, I think most people that I see nowadays look younger than people I used to see as a kid or even on TV. Maybe it's just my perceptions, but I do believe there's something to this.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 121
Posted: 5/4/2015 7:45:38 PM

My theory is that a select group of women are holding off having kids at an early age, thus slowing down the aging process. There is some science to this theory. In general, I think most people that I see nowadays look younger than people I used to see as a kid or even on TV. Maybe it's just my perceptions, but I do believe there's something to this.

I think a good part of that has to do with style, too. You can make a 20-something guy look like a 30-something guy sometimes, or vice-versa. Same with gals. I think if they're refraining from popping out fertilized organisms, they're not going to put on the Mom Jeans so soon, hence -- it contributes to them tending to look younger than generations past. But also consider our own perception. You see a movie with some actress that's a generation+ ahead of you, you remember seeing it as a kid. Ok. As time rolls on, you see this actress, she's a nice looking MILF and all, etc. As the years and years roll on you don't really Notice this well kept actress "aging" so much, as you see her somewhat frequently. Kind of like particular friends. But then you see the original movie that you've never seen in decades with her in it and you go "Wow, she was hot. SO much younger!" -- you notice that age jump then.

Also, what we'd view as a hot 27 year old when we were barely breaking double-digits in age -- seemed like a full-grown mature adult. Like old; not youthful. That was a MILF to most; not a 40-something. That 27 yo seemed like a hot 40-something from our "age barometer" when we were that young, in comparison to a hot 40-something when around 30. Our perception of what seems "young" and "old" I think changes as we get older.

When a young teen and seeing a movie of an older middle-aged actress where she sleeps with a guy, I'd think "Who'd want to have sex with her? She's OLD!" But then in my mid-20s I wouldn't think that at all amongst the middle-aged characters. "Old" doesn't scream at me... I can see her attraction. Then in my mid-30s I think "Yeah, I'd do her. Yep." I'm sure re-viewing said movie nearing 50 I'd be like "Oh yeah, she's a spring chicken looking for some pork!" lol Not just "standards lowering", but perception on what seems/feels "old" or "young".
 glenn58john
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/27/2016 6:28:09 AM
I'm 57 but women tell me I don't look a day over 57.

I prefer women in their 20's but that's because I like my bread toasted on both sides.
 glenn58john
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/27/2016 6:30:26 AM

Or, at least, they did when their pictures were taken :)

LOL. I love it when the only picture they have looks like it was taken in the 1970's or 80's.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Guys, do you find you attract younger women out than online?