Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why woman don't reply to a proper message?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Loyal805
Msg: 41
view profile
History
why woman don't reply to a proper message?Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
@Cutiepeye
I understand your point and realize there are some bad apples out there that give women a bad impression of men. If I get a reply that states "no thanks", I respect it and move on.
I'm not getting 100's of notes like others, but respond to all that write to me. I like to think of everyone as individuals and show everyone respect.

@Laver
That's some interesting logic, but the flaw is it will only work for the beautiful people. Obviously the bottomline is physical attraction. If someone is more average looking they may never get any responses, so they have to make the first move. Life insn't fair...se la vi....

Typically when I find someone I'd like to write to, I go through their profile and find a common interest and mention it as an ice-breaker. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Again generally and realistically an attractive pic will go a lot farther than any message will....
 Ricardo67
Msg: 42
why woman don't reply to a proper message?
Posted: 9/25/2005 9:56:23 AM
Forgive me if I might be touching on what has been said already and pardon if I may upset or sound like an ass, but I AM a man, so that should be taken into consideration.

In the past I've been on several online "matchmaking" systems (and have been fortunate enough to have had some good relationships from them), and have grown to expect the "read/delete" that often happens when a woman reads my email. It's fairly expected, unfortunately as I understand some of the situations the women have to put themselves through because of the few jerks that are on here.

As far as opening lines go, I rarely try to be overly clever, nor do I say anything uncouth (in my opinion), but rather simply ask a question about their bio, or their lives that would eventually start a conversation.

From THAT start of a conversation, a dialogue that will (hopefully) lead to a first date.

Before getting that far, I've been dismayed at the amount of work I have to do to get people to write something substantial in their email. After trying to get them to talk about something, ANYTHING, I will eventually give up and do my OWN version of "Read/delete".

I may jump through hoops to get a woman's attention to notice me, but be damned if I'm going to set myself on fire, jump through hoops, while running over a lake of gasoline to do the same thing.

The only thing *I* honestly ask for is that once a reply is made, is to make a true effort for a conversation, a dialogue, SOMETHING to talk about.

If a simple conversation can't be handled in a medium that is relatively easy to type out, then how does one expect to get to know each other to see whether or not they're truly compatible?

If this isn't done at the very outset when a woman DOESN'T read/delete, then perhaps a high percentage of us are doomed to be single for a substantial length of time.
 Ricardo67
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/25/2005 9:56:54 AM
Forgive me if I might be touching on what has been said already and pardon if I may upset or sound like an ass, but I AM a man, so that should be taken into consideration.

In the past I've been on several online "matchmaking" systems (and have been fortunate enough to have had some good relationships from them), and have grown to expect the "read/delete" that often happens when a woman reads my email. It's fairly expected, unfortunately as I understand some of the situations the women have to put themselves through because of the few jerks that are on here.

As far as opening lines go, I rarely try to be overly clever, nor do I say anything uncouth (in my opinion), but rather simply ask a question about their bio, or their lives that would eventually start a conversation.

From THAT start of a conversation, a dialogue that will (hopefully) lead to a first date.

Before getting that far, I've been dismayed at the amount of work I have to do to get people to write something substantial in their email. After trying to get them to talk about something, ANYTHING, I will eventually give up and do my OWN version of "Read/delete".

I may jump through hoops to get a woman's attention to notice me, but be damned if I'm going to set myself on fire, jump through hoops, while running over a lake of gasoline to do the same thing.

The only thing *I* honestly ask for is that once a reply is made, is to make a true effort for a conversation, a dialogue, SOMETHING to talk about.

If a simple conversation can't be handled in a medium that is relatively easy to type out, then how does one expect to get to know each other to see whether or not they're truly compatible?

If this isn't done at the very outset when a woman DOESN'T read/delete, then perhaps a high percentage of us are doomed to be single for a substantial length of time.
 Ricardo67
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/25/2005 9:57:08 AM

Ricardo67
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/25/2005 9:57:25 AM

Ricardo67
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/25/2005 9:58:26 AM
 Ricardo67
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/25/2005 9:59:21 AM
 Ricardo67
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/25/2005 10:00:09 AM
 Ricardo67
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/25/2005 10:12:11 AM
Umm...oops? :) Can someone delete my multiple faux pas? I thought the system freaked.
Posted: 10/7/2005 7:17:31 PM
Well shock me pink...you'll luv this Gabby. Sent a nice no thanks to a guy; got a vulgar response... no surprise there. BUT, I decided enough is enough, so I responded telling him just who did he think he was blah blah blah AND then I blocked him. Well, doesnt he open a new profile just to send me an apology !! Maybe we ladies should do this more often so a few of the rotten guys start behaving better!
 Barry425
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/1/2005 11:30:41 AM
Personally, I would rather have a woman simply say, "No thanks". At least I would know that she received and read my letter. I have had computer trouble in the past, as we all have at one time or another. If I get no answer, I don't know if her computer is down, she is on vacation for a month, or what. I don't do well with the old "cold shoulder" routine. We men are not mind readers. Just say what you mean and you will be surprised how well it is generally received. If the guy won't hear what you are saying, then block him. At least he will know why. Hey, maybe he will even modify his behaviour if he gets enough negative feedback. :-)
 darkstorm73
Msg: 52
Posted: 6/6/2006 4:13:03 PM
I reply, even when I want to hit them over the head with the [insert body part here] that they've offered for me to "encounter." Although there is a time or two when I have realized I've missed one. There are some people that just get on here to see what they can find and aren't really here because they're available. It's sad, but true *sigh*

One thing that does bother me is that it's quite obvious that some email me without reading my profile (but thanks to those that do and I appreciate that). I would say I get half-and-half reading before they ask me what flavor body lubricant I would like for them to bring.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/6/2006 4:33:06 PM
I too, respond to every single email. He took the time to write ~ I do the same.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/6/2006 9:01:10 PM
Hey Lenny~thanks for asking, I am wondering the very same thing. ????????????
 DeagleNINja
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/11/2006 9:02:22 AM
Be a man for pete's sake and quit whining
I've said it before and no doubt I'll say it again.....she doesn't owe you a damn thing.
YOU made the decision to put a lot of effort (hopefully) into an email to her, not her. If she's not interested, deal with it and move on.
 Amouredknight
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/14/2006 8:29:41 AM
The reasons people are listing are very valid. But in my profile I describe what I encountered many years ago. I've noticed many females use relationship sites to only get 'strokes'; they could care less about a relationship. Maybe if he had Ultra Bucks, was a celeb, or drop dead goergeous he might get recognized. But many are just collecting flirtations as they find it less time consuming than the bars. They really have no need of a man except for 'parasitite ventures' of which they are pros at deception.

Below describes it best from my profile:

"Why are we here? When I was younger, during Travolta's 'Urban Cowboy', being country was seen as cool. I used to spend a *little time* in the Cowboy bars; but I DID NOT BELONG THERE! I noticed this phenomena, that most females weren't really there to dance or even find a man. After close observation, I deducted they were mainly there to just get stroked, whether their egos or symbolically their genitals. They just seemed to be playing this game of "how many males really want me?" Latter the same players can't seem to understand why Karma has given them an unfaithful husband as their fate, as those who play games eventually are visited by Cronus(Greek Pagaen God Myth), the Grim Reaper with his sickle!

Kelley-fish
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2006 8:09:52 PM
Yep, the no-reply sucks because the lack of closure.

One of the big reasons I feel online dating sites are popular is the flexibility or choice not to reply and not having to feel the discomfort of being put on the spot.

Come on! They've already shown us their photo, told us a bunch of stuff about themselves without us even having to say a word or look presentable.....and now they have to talk to us because WE want them to? Not fair.

I love having the opportunity to try to "pick up" women here, something I don't have the balls to do enough of in person, that might not be interested in me. If I don't get a reply, it sucks but I'm still in one piece.

Keep at it, Bro.

Kelley
 skyangel2006
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/26/2006 7:52:46 PM
as long as its not sexual i always reply and i tell the ones when it is sexual i'm not like that.
 Amouredknight
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/24/2007 12:08:25 PM
From Post #1 the OP:

Just curious as to why woman don't reply to there emails when guys take the time to write them. A nice email complimenting them in general and there profile....the least you could do is reply back with something? why does this happen so often? sorry if this has been once posted but......lets here it...

Well there is some psychology going on here don't you think?

1) Ever notice critters in the barnyard like the turkeys and chickens when in courtship the hens act like they don't notice as the males strut around during the breeding ritual? Yep, them Toms and Roosters are doing all they can to get that female's attention but it takes awhile sometimes. Those hens need to be convinced that he really wants her; so they just act for awhile as if they are ignoring him.

2) They are looking at you, reading what you say on your profile and analizing if you are the healthy stallion who will give good offspring. Unlike us males who look at their healthy vitalty and beauty for genetic survival, they want to know where you are in your head and heart. They read your forums to find out where you stand; if they could live with your thoughts and if they love your soul.

3) Then there are the *Players*, the same type gals some of you have looked at in the bars who have the same mental integrity as those in the brothels who are just teasing and playing games with you and the rest of us. They never answer because apparently all they wanted was to see how many males trully find me attractive; as they count every few months how many males contacted them. Oh, occasionally they will answer a few, if he has enough money or can be a temporary stud, because these gals will never say it but they have the 'prostitute mentality' in that they are takers/users.

4) fill in the *____Blank* I never claimed to know everything and neither should anyone else; there are other factors!
 Amouredknight
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/21/2007 3:52:33 PM
Gentleman and Ladies(there trully *May* be a few) it's very evident that the reasons could be:

A) Many girls you have noticed *Never* check their mail nor Profile more than every few months.

Does not this action imply they are either not really interested and just players who want strokes?

B) Ever notice the female speacies is always weaving something?

Maybe a blanket to snuggle up with her in as your 'True bride'? Happiness abounding!

Maybe a few of those who appear as the female fesces are spinning a web like the Black widow, in that after the breeding ceremony you get devoured? You know marry her, have kids, get punished by the warden who may imprison you, then go directly to divorce court, pay alimony and child support, and for all she (that insect you lied to yourself about) cares you can die in the streets!

Naw, I didn't think any of you guys even noticed that beautiful dream!

**Or**

C) Are many of these gals just like those who are so vain collecting strokes while you symbolicly rub their genitals as they 'want nothing more than strokes betwween age 15-40? Then a few wake up, realize their biological clock is running out, and the others can not figure out for the life of them why a man *does not* want a 'Drama Moma' with kids from 3-5 different marriages and her appointments with the 'divorce court' of her so-called loves is as common as spaces in the 'monopoly game' that she jumps through?

In other words, when I was younger, during Travolta's 'Urban Cowboy', being country was seen as cool. I used to spend a *little time* in the Cowboy bars; but I DID NOT BELONG THERE! I noticed this phenomena, that most females weren't really there to dance or even find a man. After close observation, I deducted they were mainly there to just get stroked, whether their egos or symbolically their genitals. They just seemed to be playing this game of "how many males really want me?" Latter the same players can't seem to understand why Karma has given them an unfaithful husband as their fate, as those who play games eventually are visited by Cronus(Greek God Myth), the Grim Reaper who swings his sickle!

Guys wake up, there are these *Tramps* everywhre who are true players!

Like Christ pointed out ' be ye as wise as serpents' and 'beware of wolves in sheep's clothing'.

And don't even tell me you never met a few 'tramps' attending Church who knew the place was a great cover? Or, she edited the parts from scripture that didn't serve her means or agenda?

It's that on the 'personal's they can collect 'strokes' without going to the bars announcing what 'tramps'(there are Biblically harder words for such females) they really are!
 Amouredknight
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/24/2007 4:13:44 PM
From Post # 199:

That theres a scoring system at work here and men start lower down because they ARE WEAK FOR BEING ON A DATING SITE AND WOMEN WANT POWER. Men just want looks. Primarily.

Golly Me, DAHHH!!!! You mean those with female genitals here are somehow degenerate because they are on a dating site and something has to be, must be wrong about them?

You mean you think, few you know really think, brainwashing is in vogue we all realize, that on this continent the males and females are born from parents who generaly walk in such purity?

Why are any females even on this site according to your analysis? Are they desparate?

Could they posibly find it hard to find a worthy male as their father and mother by Biblical standards were just too buzy whoring around?

So you think that there are no *tramps*, or 'players' out there and the feilds are ripe with quality type crops in the relationship department?

Have you ever peiced it together that unlike a few or many on this forum, some of us *Do Not* want tramps for brides like some folks on this continent evidently have relative to the Biblical standards?

DUHHH! Can't reason that the type who 'con' you in the bars are on the internett cause they think they won't be detected as *Tramps*. Generally abortion is not accepted but with some mindsets I can understand why it is considered!
 randomstoic
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/26/2007 10:18:17 AM
Don't invest too much into it and the right thing will come your way.
 Amouredknight
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/12/2007 9:21:26 PM
Not responding in rural areas would be like being 'stuck on yourself' or unfreindly.

I understand when a man or woman walk down the street and someone is trying to approach them in a large city, most give them the cold shoulder out of the 'protection syndrome'.

However up in Montana, where many Californians are moving into, carrying on like you are in the 'city' is seen as rude up there.

Urbanites from Cali-Fornicate find by being stuck up, that soon in small towns when folks see that attitude they *Do Not* want you to infect the atmosphere, so they say "They are out of gas " when you are trying to fill your car at the service station with three cars presently filling their tank. They take their 'snooty attitude' to the grocery and they are filling out a check the clerk says "Sorry, we can't take that check" . This behaviour goes on forever till one finally realizes that the citizens have decided it's time to move out of town.

Same with those who 'Do Not' respond, you finally put it together just how shallow their personality really is!

After all they did put forth a Profile or are they courting bad Karma by being rude to potential suitors?
 cowtrucker
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2007 1:29:32 PM
There are a lot of answers to this one... Theres a few times I have replied and conversed, theres a few that I've said "Thank you, but I'm not interested", and then have gotten either something nasty back from them, or they won't leave me alone. The latter is why I tend not to respond much anymore.

There are also a few, that I haven't yet responded to, due to time constraints, or I can even think of one that I intend to respond to, but am just not sure what to say.

I do agree though, with a blank profile, it does make it hard to respond, or think of things to talk about. If the sender and I do not have enough in common, I don't feel its appropriate to waste my time or theirs, trying to get to know someone who I have nothing in common with.

But the kicker for me, is the pictures. If they have a picture that I don't feel is appropriate, or if it sends the wrong message. For instance Risque pictures, or pictures with no shirt, or in inappropriate attire, then I will NOT respond to them at anytime!

Now, a "proper message"? If I receive something that has more than just "Wow", "Hi Hottie", or something of a sexual nature, then I tend more to be more apt to respond to the senders with a proper message!

CowTrucker
Chapman, Kansas
 Amouredknight
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/17/2007 12:48:11 PM
Doesn't the prior comment about this topic reflect the *shallowness attitude* that others find to be so rude?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why woman don't reply to a proper message?