Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Discolsing Cold Sores?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 abmccray
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Discolsing Cold Sores?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Genital herpes HSV 2 is not the exact same thing as HSV 1 and is indeed an std.

They share the same symptoms, can cause the same side effects, and are passed the exact same way.

The difference between them is likelihood more than anything, ie. HSV2 is MORE LIKELY to spread to genitals EASIER, or is more likely to cause certain complications but only by small degrees and pure chance-based stats.

You were making some sense, earlier, but this statement makes none. The relative difference between the two doesn't change the classification of two very similar, and very related diseases, nor does it magically make one "not an STD."

HSV1, or "Cold sores" is herpes simplex 1 aka herpes. HSV2 or "genital herpes" is herpes simplex 2, aka herpes. "Genital" is a misnomer, as HSV1 and HSV2 are both easily passed, in the exact same way, to the mouth, genitals, or anywhere else in or on the body with contact with the sores.

You can get ANY STD without having sex. "What is an STD" is popular classification based on diseases than can pass via sexual contact, and herpes simplex 1 is included, just as are several hepatitis versions and other similar things.

I agree that the stigmas are dumb, but trying to stigmatize what is practically the same disease to un-stigmatize the other version is horribly hypocritical.
 _Passion4life
Msg: 50
Discolsing Cold Sores?
Posted: 3/14/2013 7:34:02 PM
To abbmcray, GarnerGirl,Beckyml and the Furyan, thanks for your posts, for you guys are far more patient than me when it comes to getting the word out!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!
 NotWhatYouExpectt
Msg: 51
Discolsing Cold Sores?
Posted: 3/15/2013 8:19:00 AM
Most people have it already and just don't break out. I have met a girl with HSV-1 on the genitals however, so I know that is a possible complication with oral sex if you have breakouts.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Discolsing Cold Sores?
Posted: 3/28/2018 2:37:51 AM
Honest is honest about anything....
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Discolsing Cold Sores?