Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why is he ignoring me      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FletisHumplebacker
Msg: 26
Why is he ignoring mePage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
To answer the question, he's ignoring you because he doesn't want to be a husband or a father. Make sure you know his legal name.
 Kiki_Buttons
Msg: 27
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 5:07:37 PM

Msg 23, you mention people should do what is best for them. You or none of us know this persons "best interest" . To just flat out and say what should be done is dangerous without knowing the situation, that is what I was getting at. Iam sure all women know their options and I think the smartest option of them all is to get guidance in order to do the "best interest" scenario so that that person can live with the choices they make, not just some flippant answer.

And would your response be any different if she had suggested keeping the fetus? I think it would be. I personally would recommend the same as Cawk. This person does not seem mature enough to raise a child and there are already too many unwanted children in this world not being adopted or that are stuck in foster care, we don't need another. And if I sound like a cold heartless b itch, so be it. It's the truth.
 venusenvy777
Msg: 28
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 5:09:12 PM
I completely agree with Unicorn and Cawk ...
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 29
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 5:47:35 PM

Did the price of condums go up!?

My thoughts too.

You only met in January and all of this has happened since? I'm sorry for your predicament but both of you have been the authors of it.

Condoms? The pill? Ever heard of those?

It's clear to me from what you described this fellow has no intention of being with you or acknowledging this child. Seek advice from family planning but you have to ask yourself if you are capable of dealing with the consequences of unprotected sex with a virtual stranger on your own.
 TheFuryan
Msg: 30
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 5:49:24 PM
oh god bless you for saying that, i love watching a big angry hornets nest get kicked a few times

You said what I was thinking.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 31
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 6:13:49 PM

You said what I was thinking

Ditto...I know I was skirting around the subject!

Stubidooo
Msg: 32
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 6:14:49 PM
Am I the only one the OP sent a nasty messag to?

Such a sweet girl... and going to be a mommy
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 33
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 6:26:01 PM
^^^ No, but I have filters to block the young'uns.

If this story is true, you need to prioritize your concerns: healthcare, etc.
Hint: Facebook is LOW on the priority list.

venusenvy777
Msg: 34
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 6:32:11 PM
Nasty nasty nasty...
 _Passion4life
Msg: 35
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 6:47:41 PM
Sorry, but u sound like a damn fool!!! I met my ex on here, needless to say he was still "doing him". Fast forward 6 months, he goes to jail, fast forward 12months and he is out. Now here we are 9 months since he has been out had some chick he met at the "library", is pregnant with a litter of his pups. She is having QUADS!!!! This dude still lives at home with mama and will not work, but this chick decided to have kids with him and he has only seen her 3 times!!!!! Stupid, stupid, girl. And so are u!!!!! Yeah, I was with him, but I also knew the extent of our relationship, FUN....
 msright78
Msg: 36
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 8:09:51 PM
Judging from the way ur bf is acting, has some doubts in my head.

A real man would step up to the plate and take responsibility or better yet if he didn't want to have the kid, maybe he would tell u what his thoughts were.

Either way, I think u've pretty much know what u have to do.

Move on. Don't even think about texting him or calling or messaging his sister. The fact that he's ignoring u is a clear indication that he has no interest in becoming a father or a man enough to tell u wat he really thinks about this whole thing.

I think regardless of how many texts u send him, he's not gonna reply.

Stop texting him and decide for urself whether u want to keep the baby or not.

Another thing u need to know is that, u don't need a man to take care of u or ur child.
 SunForSome
Msg: 37
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 8:13:00 PM
Well... if you were to remove the pregnancy issue... the reason why someone ignores you is that they are looking to back out of the relationship. He doesn't want to spend time with you. He doesn't like you that much. He likes someone else better. You are too much work. Things are going too fast. You are getting too attachd to him. You expect too much out of him. He wants to put a little distance between you two. People who care about you and really want to be in your life don't usually ignore you. Even people who sort of like you will respond to your emails or phone calls within a day or two even if they are really busy because they realize that it is the polite and respectful thing to do. Breaking up with you because he was depressed sort of sounds like BS to me.

What should you do? Well, you need to switch the focus of your thoughts to ANYTHING other than him. Read a good book. Go to the movies. Hang out with your girlfriends. Get on with your life. Just cross him out of the equation completely. Don't worry how you can get him back. He isn't going to do anything to make things better. Assume he is gone. It is over.

What should you say? Nothing. He knows all the details. IF he ever grows a conscience he will contact you... but just don't expect too much from him. He is who he is. Trust me he isn't a great guy. I don't even know him. I think he sucks. Don't let his lack of concern for you stress you out. Get your life together... start looking out for yourself better.
 Debisusanne
Msg: 38
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 8:23:25 PM
See, I do not disagree with the abortion talk

BUT>. i would never get one.. NOR would i ever try to get pregnant with a BOYFRIEND(flybynight)'s baby

If you are NOT married.. nor in a position to raise a child alone without assistance.. you should NEVER plan a pregnancy.. period

Sure accidents happen.. but this was an accident waiting to happen.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 39
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 8:51:22 PM
Both of you are too immature to bring kids into the world. YOU better mature fast though because YOUR going to have to be the adult to this kid for the next 18 years.
 twelfth_dimension
Msg: 40
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 9:15:12 PM

Did you EVEN stop to consider the incredible risks you were taking by planning a pregnancy outside of a stable marriage???

I would argue that, in these shifty times, there is no such thing as a stable marriage. Any woman that wants to have a child should plan on raising that child alone, or at least be emotionally and fiscally prepared to do so. Even in situations where a woman has been in a "stable marriage" for several years before deciding to have a family with her "loyal husband", the odds that she will eventually wind up as a single mother are staggeringly high. Men simply do not commit to women for life anymore -- the tendency is for them to divorce and "trade up" later in life, leaving the woman to pick up the pieces. Only now she is older, her body prematurely aged from the strain of childbirth, and she is saddled with the primary burden of care for her children. Her dating pool has shrunk considerably and she is open for exploitation.

Honestly, I cannot understand why any woman, in this day and age, would want to have children with the sort of men we see here today. Reading the forums alone is the best birth control I have ever known.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 41
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 10:00:18 PM
You broke up, had been for a couple of weeks, then after a failed atteempt at reconnecting you tell him you're pregnant .....he's probably wondering if it's his.
 lonelybbw33
Msg: 42
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 10:14:50 PM
First off, how long did you know this guy? Two....RULE is...you should never have a baby unless you are married to the guy.

I mean..good god....why have a kid with someone you are not married to...if you do...anyone who has any smarts would know...the guy would run....

And to those who thinks she is cheating on him,.,,,..WTF..why is it always the girl doing it? Its highly possible HE IS CHEATING...which i believe he IS....typical stereotyping....UGGGHGHGHGH makes me mad.

Have the baby...choose to keep it or not...let the courts decide..if you want the child keep it...pay him back by going after childsupport...or give it up for adoption to a couple who wants the child
 Feather21
Msg: 43
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 10:19:31 PM
If she deleted you, than forget about her, 100%.
You don't need her in your life, period, end of story.

Decide on your own, about the baby, because he doesn't sound like someone you can count on at all.

Sorry you're going through all of this!
 Voni_boo
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 11:24:02 PM
First of you a lot of you people are being very rude. People post on forums for a reason to get advice NOT to get let down. None of you people know me so don't act like you do. HE IS THE FATHER. I believe I said that in previous post or can you all not read? He is the FATHER, he is the ONLY guy I've been with. Like I said to him I'm NOT using this as excuse to get him back because that's NOT the case. I'm just concerned about my child's wellbeing. I tried to include him he ignore me oh well I'm starting to deal with it but there is NOTHING he can say or do to get me back. I'm done. Thanks a lot all of you for being judgmental; maybe that's why none of you found love and you're on here. This thread is over.
 Voni_boo
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/14/2013 11:26:57 PM
^First of all

Sorry for typo. However this thread is done. So you all can argue and post all you want. None of you know me nor my life so who the hell are you people to judge anyone? I don't have time to argue with someone over the computer. Some of you people need to grow up but it really explain why a lot of you people are on a dating site.
 bmore_goat
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/15/2013 12:31:38 AM
I'm not going to slam you for your pregnancy (You've been slammed enough)
I'm just going to answer your question.
Why is he ignoring you? Because he is a coward. He doesn't want to deal with you. He thinks if he ignores you, you will go away.
You need to confront him, head on. Stop with the "texting". You are pregnant and you honestly think facebook and text messages are effective?
If he is dodging all you phone messages then go see him face-to-face.
If all you are getting is lip service, then you are done with him in all aspects. If you decide to keep the baby, (which in my opinion would be the absolute worse thing you could do), seek legal action to get support.

Final word.
You done something that was incredibly stupid. I am twice your age and seen DOZEN of women do exactly what you done and I've seen a lot of abused and neglicted children. Living in inner city Baltimore, I've seen seen a lot of scary crap that made me NEVER want to be a single parent. It makes my head spin reading your story.
Instead of getting in a hissy fit on a dating web site, you really need to get off POF and not live your life off these BS social media applications.
You are making life choices that involve another human being now. Harsh as it seems, you need to grow up because if you think we are nasty, wait until that baby cries and cries EVERY night and you are only getting 2-3 hours a sleep every day and no one around to help you (including your "BF" that won't answer your calls)
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 47
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/15/2013 12:55:13 AM
he blocked me and then 3 days after he did that he sent me a friend request that I didn't accept.

I tried hard enough I'm done trying there's nothing he can say nor do to change my mind

I'm just concerned about my child's wellbeing. I tried to include him he ignore me oh well I'm starting to deal with it but there is NOTHING he can say or do to get me back. I'm done.

IF you really care about a "child," you best get over the retaliatory vindictiveness.

I can't imagine a poor baby being saddled with such an immature situation between the two of you.
I hope this is all in your head.
No child should be born into such a state of hate.

What's BEST for your child is not necessarily to reunite with the father.
Who cares if you think he should be trying "to get you back."
This is NOT about you, FFS.
It's NOT about getting back together.
That's what doesn't ring true to me.

Long story short I found out I'm pregnant. I told him Saturday

Yeah. You've devoted, what, 5 whole days of your life to prepping for this baby, but now you "give up" on the father?
Newsflash: you've got AT LEAST 18 years of dedicated effort ahead of you.

You are pissed at him for not wanting YOU!
You should be concerned about the baby, NOT yourself.
You sound manipulative and self-centered.
I hope it's a big deception.

P.S. It's not just YOUR child. If you truly care about being a good mother, you will never shut the father out. I also hope the guy you tagged as the dad gets a paternity test. Something is off here.
 Happy_gal2013
Msg: 48
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/15/2013 3:59:30 AM
op, you have time on your side. I agree with richmacky1. Good luck op and best wishes.

richmacky1
@OP,
My advice, don't listen to these people who are recommending an abortion. Why? Because first off, you planned this pregnancy. Pregnancies should NEVER be taken lightly because you are playing with life itself. This is once again another issue that is taken for granted, even though it is their right to choose.
Don't have the mentality of those who run from their choices when they go sour or aren't in their best interest. These are the types of people who take life for granted, cut corners, and look for the easy way out. They make so many bad choices that it's like an art form for them to just turn their backs on the results and run. This is something you wanted from the get go, and now you got it. To throw it away like it was no big deal (getting an abortion) because some parts of your plan didn't come to pass is not cool at all. Bringing life into this world is not fun and games that you can just throw away, unless it is for a serious medical reason or rape.

See, I do not disagree with the abortion talk

BUT>. i would never get one.. NOR would i ever try to get pregnant with a BOYFRIEND(flybynight)'s baby

If you are NOT married.. nor in a position to raise a child alone without assistance.. you should NEVER plan a pregnancy.. period

Sure accidents happen.. but this was an accident waiting to happen.

@ThereIsSomethingAboutDebi

Now this is the type of mentality that I gel with. You seem like the type to acknowledge your bad decisions and take them on and accept them like a responsible adult, instead of running away like a coward out of fear of a ruined life. What may be best for us isn't always what's right.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 49
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/15/2013 4:58:42 AM
OP needed a good dose of reality & it's a step in the right direction that she's pissed.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 50
Why is he ignoring me
Posted: 3/15/2013 5:38:40 AM
She said he was the only guy she had ever had sex with.

Yes. That's a fundamental precept of the plot.
SHE has no doubt about the father's identity.
If true, she should have no problem with a paternity test.
Any wailing about the EX-BF not believing her would be moot at this point, since the EX-BF has dumped her. However, he is STILL the father and has the right to be a part of the child's life, whether the OP thinks she calls the shots, or not.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why is he ignoring me