Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I Chose The Wrong Guy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PrettyBr0wnEyed1
Msg: 91
I Chose The Wrong GuyPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I would probably try to get to know someone new. No one wants to be the consolation prize. He may be open to friendship, but as far as dating, I wouldn't approach him about that. Try being his friend, if he's open to it, sometimes friendship can blossom into something - if it's meant to. Good luck.
 Winesmyhobby
Msg: 92
view profile
History
I Chose The Wrong Guy
Posted: 3/31/2013 4:03:47 PM
If a woman had picked another over me it would take time for me to get over it to the point I may consider going out with her. I would not be interested in hearing from her no matter how much she told me she was sorry that she made a mistake. I may give her a chance and go out with her after a good long while had past like about a year. So give it some time then contact him. Don't call him a month after picking someone else over him. Give him time to heal his ego...
 EyesRgreen_62
Msg: 93
I Chose The Wrong Guy
Posted: 3/31/2013 5:06:51 PM
That is good advice BrownEyes ... and that is pretty much what I've done ... he's not been receptive and that's just fine ... at least I know I tried !

And Wine ... I totally get that ... and understand and would not blame a guy
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 94
I Chose The Wrong Guy
Posted: 9/21/2016 11:57:58 AM

From the male perspective, how would you feel if you were contacted out of the blue by a girl who rejected you in the past to pursue someone else ?

I would advise her to take a long walk on a short pier.
 ytubftjfdhd2
Msg: 95
I Chose The Wrong Guy
Posted: 9/21/2016 1:58:25 PM

Like many of us, I chose one guy over another. In the end, I made a mistake.

I actually had this happen to me . . .and when she realized she made a mistake and tried to come back . . . I basically told her to get lost (not in words but by my actions). But at that point she no longer mattered to me, not in the least.

If she had been a long lost love.... that might have been a different story. They hold a special place in the universe but they are very, very few and far between.
 gtomustang
Msg: 96
I Chose The Wrong Post
Posted: 9/21/2016 5:25:12 PM
As a fellow who hasn't had a date in a decade, I can say...I've passed up a few chances to be in second place. Sometimes you might look back, years from now, and realize the standard was too high. Of course, if you have other alternatives, then go for them. And considering how old the original post is, that's probably what's happened.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I Chose The Wrong Guy