Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > You couldn't make it up      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Paulinenbeans
Msg: 51
You couldn't make it upPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
No one has been able to discuss anything on here for months thanks to you deciding that you'd troll orange around the boards and him joining in

Numerous threads were derailed on here and you enjoyed doing it.

And then you start your usual shitey no one forces women into prostitution because one paper says that women love it.

Whats wrong! Have you run out of all women are crap threads to post? Nothing left to say

All women love a bad boy! They like being battered really. Everyone can spot a bad boy. If you are pro choice you are a murderer.

Women don't get forced into prostitution because the sun says so.

Nothing else to add. Am sure there will be some survey along soon explaining how awful we all are

(but you love them really). Not the old fat ones though. Young ones with big knockers
 10ky
Msg: 52
view profile
History
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/24/2017 6:05:47 AM
Yeah, they all do love bad dudes which is yet another reason why I get ignore.. (¬_¬)

It's dumb as shite if you ask me.

PS: I am not derailing anything these days. I'm cooperating. Orange is an ole wee****nd and nobody can deny that. He's chasing me around.
 Paulinenbeans
Msg: 53
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/24/2017 6:12:55 AM
I didn't block you. I've got my age settings set right now so no one can contact me but there's an age rule that the site imposed. I didn't.

It's 15 years either way I believe.

There's nothing more annoying than being told what women like.

Hope some folk get that.

Wonder how I would fare on here if I started a thread saying all men are violent. See how far I'd get with that.
 10ky
Msg: 54
view profile
History
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/24/2017 6:26:10 AM
I'm still blocked. cannae email you.... it says that you accept emails only from certain users and then I am ordered to stop bugging you and return to my inbox. Markus's one hell of a btch.

Anyhows... (¬_¬)
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 55
view profile
History
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/24/2017 6:42:10 AM
10ky: are you deliberately avoiding and twisting what Pauline is saying about how the system works in a perpetual attempt to make yourself look like a victim here? You're not a victim. You're an attention seeking narcissistic troll with a stupid sense of entitlement. If mods still existed, you'd have been thrown off these boards long ago.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 56
view profile
History
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/24/2017 8:31:39 AM
and that's ****ed up yet another thread.
 scareymush
Msg: 57
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/24/2017 11:02:25 AM
Now I have a clearer view of what 'knucklehead' looks like...who knew names people call others are actually descriptive.

This is an interesting web page

https://www.thehairpin.com/2013/05/etymological-origins-of-words-related-to-insults/

Nice

Eight centuries ago the word had such a broad negative connotation that it was an all-purpose insult for anyone who was perceived to be careless, weak, needy, or stupid. (The French took it from the Latin — nescius, meaning ignorant, literally “not-knowing.”) The word was used by each successive generation to mean something completely different — lascivious, ostentatious, slothful (1300s); scrupulous, punctilious, a dainty or picky eater (1400s); shy, not obvious or readily understood (1500s); or unimportant, trivial (1600s). To this day, it remains a good thing to say about something when you don’t want anyone to know what you actually think of it.

^^^^ if you didn't know before, now you know why you never actually believed being referred to as 'nice' was a compliment.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 58
view profile
History
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/25/2017 5:22:59 AM
I do like the grauniad sometimes. It gets all on it's high horse about social injustice and the lack of accountability and democracy. Then forgets and embraces social injustice, the lack of accountability and democracy as long as it is carried out by the undemocratic forces of eu globalism.

Anyway. Universal credit. A bloody stupid idea. This below is a great example of bureaucracy max. Loads of civil servants and the working skint to be made to work till they drop............

"Under universal credit, workers on low incomes will be made to look for extra hours as a condition for receiving the benefit. If they are earning less than the equivalent of the minimum wage at 35 hours a week, they will be placed in one of two “labour market regimes” (otherwise termed a “work-related activity group” or “conditionality group”) with conditions attached to their benefit claims to “incentivise” them to increase their hours – or find higher paying or full-time work."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/24/jobless-poleaxed-universal-credit-workers-low-income-financial-penalties

So you work for less than the minimum wage. The state then makes your money up in benefits. But you will now only get benefits if you find extra work and extra hours. Of course that will take your wages higher. So you dont qualify for benefits. The bosses of the jobs pay badly but hey they must be protected in their profits (just like the European Court of Justice ruled)............

"Those placed in the “intensive work search regime” will be obliged to “take intensive action to secure … more work, attending regular work-focused interviews, attending work search reviews (at least fortnightly) and undertaking work preparation, work search and other work-related activities”."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/24/jobless-poleaxed-universal-credit-workers-low-income-financial-penalties

Now you work for less than the minimum wage but *MUST attend 'activities' where you will be treated as a criminal. But warning. Don't go to a job interview to get more work so you recieve no benefits because you will be sanctioned and get errr no benefits...........

"Labour has accused work and pensions secretary David Gauke of snubbing Parliament after he failed to attend an emergency debate on universal credit."

*Wonder if he will be sanctioned for not showing up for a mandatory meeting?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 59
view profile
History
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/25/2017 6:05:16 AM
I'm with you on that most of the way. The EU and our relationship with it is a huge lost opportunity whichever way we jump in the end. In one or 2 years we will still be a few islands in the atlantic and pretty close to Europe.. nothing in that respect will have changed.

Back to UC - I was one of the people who worked on the computer systems being created to manage housing benefit back in the 80's. In those days I was an IT contractor usually brought in at the last minute to get systems in on time. It isn't going to surprise you to know that the reason for the need of my skills was that the government hadn't planned properly, hardly news. Apart from our own system testers and people like me who modded the systems to calculate the results we also had expert local council housing officers. Frequently we could not all agree with each other and finding the reason was troublesome but fun (that's the enjoyable part of IT, solving problems). The problem was of course that as the system was being tested the unintended anomalies were reported back to the government and they made changes. These were so frequent that we had people permanently stationed in the house of commons to listen to the changes as the relevant Minister announced them.

It wouldn't surprise me if that is exactly what has happened with UC. The politicians keep digging and will do anythin to not back down and lose face - well I can't see any other reason for it other than just plain vindictiveness.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 60
view profile
History
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/25/2017 2:18:36 PM
Chapster
Regarding housing mate. The blairite wing of london labour control haringey council apparently. Have you read about the plans they have?

And if the blairites will not accept the will of 17.4 million voters then the council tenants in haringey had no chance. All bits in inverted comma type thingys are from the grauniad link........

"That juggernaut is the Haringey Development Vehicle, a scheme by the zombie Blairites running the north London borough to shove family homes, school buildings and libraries into a giant private fund worth £2bn.

Its partner is the multinational Lendlease, which will now exercise joint control over a large part of Haringey’s housing and regeneration strategy."

Must look after our global capitalist chums eh?..........

"The team of council leader Claire Kober has promised that *every displaced tenant who wants to move back to a redeveloped estate will be able to.

Yet the agreement with Lendlease is peppered with enough get-out clauses to keep Houdini happy.

Housing association tenants and leaseholders won’t get that deal – and neither will those who live on Broadwater and other estates to be regenerated later in the scheme."

* every displaced tenants apart from the displaced tenants they do not like..........

"All this rolls on with minimal consultation of residents – as observed by the council’s own consultants"

What a shock eh?.........

"In a night of damaging admissions, one of Kober’s lieutenants admitted that the new HDV estates could fit “poor doors” , presumably to stop any working-class tenants blotting the sightlines of those in the new luxury flats. The chamber exploded with outrage."

Poor doors lol. That will be for the istismophobic brexit voters methinks. How DARE they blight the lives of clever educated 'anywheres'........

"It passed, despite opposition from the area’s two MPs and its two constituency Labour parties, and despite Corbyn making clear at last month’s party conference that the plans of this Labour council would be impossible under any Labour government he heads."

The contracts are signed. Nothing can stop it going ahead..........

"This is what happens when a Labour leadership attacks the very base that keeps it in power. When an ideologue claims she is being a pragmatist, while those lodging pragmatic objections are dismissed as ideologues."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/25/labour-council-regeneration-housing-crisis-high-court-judge

That is also why london labour under st jeremy of corbyn have lost millions of working class votes forever.

"One of neoliberalism’s promises was that it would free us from bureaucracy. By rolling back the state, it would vanquish the stifling power of officialdom, granting us unprecedented freedom and opportunity.

But in place of the old bureaucracy, it has created a state-corporate system more oppressive and intrusive than anything governments produced in the social democratic era.

Throughout the neoliberal era, governments and companies have devised new criminal and civil procedures to defend capital from protest. This is the force behind market forces. The enabling state, with its strong public services and robust social safety nets, might have been rolled back, but the security state has expanded, to protect corporate profits from democracy.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/24/sheffield-state-corporate-power-subvert-democracy-pfi
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 61
view profile
History
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/28/2017 1:21:31 AM
Catalonia - Am I the only one to notice that the Beeb is giving this as little coverage as it can?
(not that its under orders from HMG, oh dear no........surely not)
Sky on the other hand.........as usual is streets ahead.
It really is time that this 'control' of the National news service ceased.

Justanotherchap
Msg: 62
view profile
History
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/28/2017 3:36:58 AM
Catalonia - just checked and it's top of the BBC online page.

Apparently we will not recognise their independence unless and until they have a proper legitimate vote, fair enough.

There are 2 dangers here. Of course the first is open civil war which could easily happen given the circumstances. The other is the break up of the EU. The original ideas behind the EU coming after WW2 was to create and recognise nation states in the belief that would avoid future conflict and therefore all the EU rules talk about the original nation states. Allowing one country to start falling apart could be a huge blow for the integrity of the EU as there are loads of other places throughout the EU who would like to be independent. BTW the EU has already stated that it will not recognise an independent Catalonia and it will not be allowed to stay in the EU.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 63
view profile
History
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/28/2017 3:40:23 AM
Vlad, the same sort of thing is happening in Sheffiled where the council has signed a 25 year unbreakable agreement with Amey (I think) to maintain the trees in the city. Of course the details of the deal are private and commercially sensitive. (They don't want to know who is getting the backhanders). It is again and always will be a labour council.
 Paulinenbeans
Msg: 64
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/28/2017 3:46:52 AM
The UK might not. Scotland has made a supportive statement.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 65
view profile
History
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/28/2017 8:16:07 AM
How many people believe in evolution and how many in creationism, the stuff taught by religions? Well laughingly I thought it would be about 95% in favour of evolution but nope.

In the UK "22% chose (Young Earth) creationism, 17% opted for intelligent design ("certain features of living things are best explained by the intervention of a supernatural being, e.g. God"), 48% selected evolution theory"

In the US it is 31%, 22% and 32%.

So that means that in the UK, 39% of people believe that either God created us or guided the creation of us whilst in the US the same would be said of 53% of their population.

The correlation with church going is hardly surprising, the percentage of weekly church goes believing in evolution is just 1%.

Those figures explain a lot.
 Jacknher
Msg: 66
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/28/2017 11:00:24 AM

How many people believe in evolution and how many in creationism, the stuff taught by religions? Well laughingly I thought it would be about 95% in favour of evolution but nope.

I grew up with a very religious father who was actually a Lay Preacher......and an atheist mother.
I think the bible is a book of stories, lessons, parables and morals...and that it lost a lot in translation. The modern day Bible was translated in the early 16th Century...,and words used then in the original translation were not the best choice. For instance......causing the misconception that the "day" represented 24 hours.

ORIGINAL TRANSLATION........

Genesis 1:1-8King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

WHAT IT PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN TRANSLATED TO.....

So we translate Genesis 1:1-8:

“To begin with, God brought into existence the sky and the land. Then the land, was without form or function, darkness covered the water, and God’s Spirit hovered over the surface of the abyss. God said, “Let there be light”; light came to be, and God saw that the light functioned well. God separated the light from the darkness, and named the light “day” and the darkness “night.” There was gathering-darkness; there came to be dawning, one (Creation) day.

“God said, “Let there be a vault within the water, and let it separate the water.” God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above the vault, and thus it came to be. God named the vault “sky.” There was gathering-darkness; there came to be dawning, a second (Creation) day.

Looking at the more modern translation it is easier to see that Creation...as told in Genesis.....could quite plausibly be the story of Evolution. So I can believe in both Creation and Evolution....as one is just the story of the other.
 npw7557
Msg: 67
view profile
History
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/30/2017 9:37:51 AM
When I was training as an electronics engineer I had a go at building a high voltage valve amplifier.
I powered it up to test it and it didn't work.
So I unpowered it and touched a component.
I got an electric shock and it stung.
My tutor said that I had to discharge the capacitors before touching the circuit.
So next time I discharged the capacitors.
Touched the circuit and got another huge shock.
I had forgotten to turn it off !!!!

You will be amazed to know that 37 years on I am still alive and still working on electronic equipment.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 68
view profile
History
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/31/2017 2:51:46 AM
Most people don't live long enough to pick it up but you stand a great chance at this year's Darwin Awards of being the first live winner.

Congratulations.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 scareymush
Msg: 69
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 10/31/2017 4:55:34 PM

Most people don't live long enough to pick it up but you stand a great chance at this year's Darwin Awards of being the first live winner.

'live' being the operative word.

I can't think of any unbelievable stories I've read recently. But, I do find it unbelievable how Hallowe'en has been so uneventful this year in my neighbourhood...normally there's roaring bonfires and lots of drunken carousing with non-stop fireworks instead it's all so calm and peaceful. I like it.
 Paulinenbeans
Msg: 70
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 11/1/2017 8:17:52 AM

I can't think of any unbelievable stories I've read recently. But, I do find it unbelievable how Hallowe'en has been so uneventful this year in my neighbourhood...normally there's roaring bonfires and lots of drunken carousing with non-stop fireworks instead it's all so calm and peaceful. I like it.

Quiet here too, combination of pissing rain and Tory austerity :)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 71
view profile
History
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 11/3/2017 7:40:12 AM
US Energy Secretary Rick Perry has said an increase in the use of fossil fuels in Africa may prevent sexual assault.
Speaking in Washington, he said "from the standpoint of sexual assault" light would shine "righteousness...on those types of acts".
Mr Perry also said electricity would stop people from reading by the light of fires, which have toxic fumes.
His comments have been criticised, with one environmental group describing them as "blatantly untrue".
'Resign immediately'
Mr Perry, a known climate change sceptic, said on Thursday: "From the standpoint of sexual assault. When the lights are on, when you have light that shines, the righteousness, if you will, on those types of acts".
"So from the standpoint of how you really affect people's lives, fossil fuels is [sic] going to play a role in that", he added.

More Rick Perry gaffes

"A broken clock is right once a day." - denying reports he was about to quit the White House race in 2015
"George W Bush did a incredible job in the presidency, defending us from freedom." - to NBC in 2010
"Juarez is reported to be the most dangerous city in America," - in 2011 on a city that's in Mexico
"I'm more Jewish than you think I am. I read the part of the Bible that said the Jews are God's chosen people." - interview with the New York Times
"I may have the genetic coding that I'm inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that, and I look at the homosexual issue in the same way." - to the Commonwealth Club of California in 2014
"From time to time there are going to be things that occur that are acts of God that cannot be prevented." - on the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill
 Squareslice
Msg: 72
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 11/3/2017 8:44:11 AM
Vlad.... ye got it wrong... Universal Credit is like a comfort blanket. It helps us tossers on zero hour shitty "contracts"
 vlad dracul
Msg: 73
view profile
History
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 11/3/2017 9:58:17 AM
Slice
"Vlad.... ye got it wrong... Universal Credit is like a comfort blanket. It helps us tossers on zero hour shitty "contracts"

Aye maybe if it was run right though. But you deal with divs who only look at a computer scheme. They cannot or will not look outside the box and try and help folk going through the system.

I find most dwp employees to be unhelpful arseholes. They are bullies. Picking on folk who will not fight back against them. I have helped many friends in their battles against these radges.

You still have rights. Although you will be made to feel like a criminal. I hate the system that humiliates folk. And the bad or indifferent staff outweigh the good in my opinion.

I cannae mind who described eichmann as the banality of evil. But apparatchiks move in the same way. As long as they are ok then fvxk everyone else.

Only obeying orders.
 Paulinenbeans
Msg: 74
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 11/3/2017 10:12:01 AM
There are people who have waited 8 months for a payment.

I know someone who got 5 quid in his uc payment. Fare to sign was 7.

30 day sanction. Single people get no in work allowance thanks to george Osborne and the roll out over xmas and new year is going to cause massive hardship.

It's a disaster.
 Paulinenbeans
Msg: 75
You couldn't make it up
Posted: 11/7/2017 11:19:35 AM
I spoke to someone today who because of mess ups with her universal credit is now living on 45 pounds a month. That's for her and her husband. They've missed her husbands carers and other elements and are deducting her advance payment and an overpayment of tax credits

I've just looked at the Trussell trust figures compared to the use in 2011 and it's staggering.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > You couldn't make it up