Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dealing with cigarette smoke      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jlynn1955
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Dealing with cigarette smokePage 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Dunno. Smoking is an absolute deal breaker for me.
It doesn't matter how little the guy smokes or if he's trying to quit. I am a little allergic and the smell of it bothers me a great deal.
 hounddoug
Msg: 184
Dealing with cigarette smoke
Posted: 6/4/2013 1:46:54 PM

I'm sorry to tell you this but results of a study can be skewed,bent and spindled any way the group,organization or individual wishes them to be.

Thank you. I've been saying this for years, be it smoking or drinking, medical research, et al, and no one seems to grasp the concept. When money, profits, and peoples careers are involved, "there are no facts, only data to be manipulated." And people will believe whatever they want anyways to best serve themeselves.
 platypus_man
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2013 1:39:58 AM

Smokers claim they don't stink, but they do. And cigarette smoke is obnoxious.

Smokers can't smell their own smoke odor. Really. Just like you can't smell your own body odor. Try lighting up a really smelly cigar when you're with a cigarette smoker; they will hate the cigar smell, yet tell you cigarettes have no such odor.
I don't think most smokers have any idea of how much they stink to other people, because they really, really can't smell it on themselves, so they really believe that everyone else is over reacting to it.
There's really no way to get around it; if he smokes, he will stink. Just get used to it.
 hounddoug
Msg: 186
Posted: 6/5/2013 8:20:39 AM

So do most women with the perfumes they wear.
 whippedboi
Msg: 187
Posted: 6/5/2013 1:08:39 PM
^^

So do most women with the perfumes they wear.

"most" ? not sure about that.. maybe the women you associate with. I wouldn't say 'most'-- although some do

but it's not only women, some men drench themselves with stench-fume as well
 hounddoug
Msg: 188
Posted: 6/5/2013 4:42:05 PM

"most" ? not sure about that.. maybe the women you associate with. I wouldn't say 'most'-- although some do

but it's not only women, some men drench themselves with stench-fume as well

Not for me personally. There are many people who get migraine headaches due to the perfume women wear, one reason many doctors have notices in their offices that it is a scent free environment.
 firefly416
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2013 5:18:32 PM
Smoking is a deal breaker for me. If by any chance I would ever be tricked into going out with a smoker, the date would end early and never be repeated.
 35brock
Msg: 190
Posted: 6/17/2013 8:01:25 PM
I wouldn't mind an occasional smoker. However I would tell that person not to smoke around me.
 whippedboi
Msg: 191
Posted: 6/18/2013 1:34:38 PM

There are many people who get migraine headaches due to the perfume women wear, one reason many doctors have notices in their offices that it is a scent free environment.

yes, and to a non-biased person that stench warning would seem at first glance to apply to men as well

not sure why you think it ONLY applies to women. I've been made to almost puke by some god-awful stench/cologne men wear as well
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 192
Posted: 6/18/2013 1:45:34 PM
not sure why you think it ONLY applies to women. I've been made to almost puke by some god-awful stench/cologne men wear as well

I'm kind of partial to BO mixed with the rancid odor of designer knockoff cologne.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dealing with cigarette smoke