Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ouija2013
Msg: 51
Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think? Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Never heard of a man shaving his underarms before.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 52
Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think?
Posted: 3/27/2013 9:41:04 AM

Posted by ouija2013:
"...Never heard of a man shaving his underarms before..."

Ouija2013, it is very clean and hygienic.
Without getting too graphic, shaved underarms allow anti-perspirant to directly contact the skin.
 shes_the_one
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/27/2013 9:46:41 AM

Ouija2013, it is very clean and hygienic.
Without getting too graphic, shaved underarms allow anti-perspirant to directly contact the skin

Makes perfect sense to me!
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/28/2013 5:53:34 AM
I wish I could get rid of all my body and facial hair.
 ouija2013
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/28/2013 7:29:20 AM
Yes Eric I get that. Seriously never heard of an average man doing it - movie stars, sports guys, but not just regular guys. I'll get over it LOL
 Della D
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/28/2013 10:37:32 AM
This thread seems to be getting "spirited", interesting.

How boringly simple that would make things were players, serial daters and/or liars (wondering whether secretly gay was forgotten here) to be recognized that easily, simply by being well groomed! LOL.

Athletes aside, for all other guys it boils down to esthetics: While some amount of hair on the male body is sexy as it simply is masculine, I would not want to get naked with a guy sporting that furry look, i.e. hairy back, butt and underarm hair long enough be braided into little dreadlocks.

TuMuchFun
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2013 11:09:29 AM
Who would have ever thought guys would spend more times shaving other body parts more than their face...
 MsMaureenw
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/29/2013 4:36:09 AM
It is not a red flag to me, but I understand your concerns due to you experiences.

Body builders shave all the time. I don't even think about it if he is masculine in all other ways, and the three I dated all were. Some of them are so muscle bound they have a hard time doing some things. The last one I dated had his son do it for him as I would not. He had a special electric razor for this purpose.

I happen to prefer a masculine male with heavy chest hair. With that said, it can get very disgusting in the summer when said man is working in the yard, sweating and the hair gets damp from sweat. Hair holds bad smells in as well.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2013 9:48:38 AM
I'm leaving this thread for good...
 Belluvthebawl
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/29/2013 2:56:54 PM
^^^^^Thanks for the "heads up"
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/29/2013 3:02:58 PM
Don't go now, TuMuchFun!
We are just digging into the fetid world of hair removal now.
You're going to miss all the good stuff. :-)
 elizabeth45tx
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/29/2013 3:24:39 PM
OK, TU MUCH FUN ....I Am officially in love with you!!!
Please Don't go now........lol
 shes_the_one
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/29/2013 3:44:35 PM
lol, who needs individual profiles when match ups are taking place in the forums! :-)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/29/2013 6:07:59 PM
Posted by shes_the_one:
"...lol, who needs individual profiles when match ups are taking place in the forums! :-)..."

You are correct. Elizabeth45tx and TuMuchFun are destined for success. Woo-hoo!
 Railrunner
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2013 8:10:59 PM
You forget something, OP: WE ARE MEN. We invent tools. We improvise when needed. Cable ties, a piece of dowel rod, and a razor is all we would need to accomplish shaving our backs. Of course, one could man up a little and use duck tape instead of the cable ties.

I've often shaved my underarms. What do you want to make of that? You know why I do that? Because I figured out why women do it: That hair traps in stink! Easier to keep clean if you don't trap in stink. So before a work trip to the north woods, which I take a number of during the summer months, I do shave there, as showers won't be available every night.

But I suppose by your "logic" I am somehow a player, serial dater, liar, and so forth... Not sure how you come up with that one though.

Oh, and please do stay away, from all men. None of us need a judgemental paraonid nutter.
 holaPOFxo
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/29/2013 8:27:52 PM
Have you ever thought may be its YOU, who they choose to dump due to your old fashion mentality? ?? Think about it...

I love a man who takes care of his body and cares how he looks. Body hair doesn't give you faithful attitude ...LOL

This was the funniest s....out there, grow up
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/29/2013 8:52:39 PM
ProcolHarem, forum romance is easily within your grasp.
I am going to speak to you in "secret guy code" so the women can't read it:
"Usenay a razornay on yournay bodynay. Ladiesnay apparentlynay lovenay itnay!"
 elizabeth45tx
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/29/2013 9:23:05 PM
Dear Eric
Please Quit advising hairy men to shave,(the few masculine hairy men we have left.) Hope they do not follow your advice.
I will stick to regular/natural men that aren't afraid to be masculine,because in the house the only femenine should me and ONLY ME.
And with that said,I am leaving this thread for good 2.
 brinaalina
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2013 11:42:03 PM
Why do you people assume shaving makes you 'the feminine one'.
How dumb!

If you look like a gorilla, you need to shave. Or at least trim.
If you have clean looking body hair and it isn't too much or too...gross, then that's fine.

But like Charlotte York said, "you shouldn't be able to grab someone's back!"
Ew haha.
 annywn
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/30/2013 12:00:08 AM
I never knew body hair could be so contraversial~huh, learn something new everyday.
 ouija2013
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/30/2013 5:48:37 AM
I've started to ask men I know if they shave their underarms. They do not. But they do quickly change it to " arm pits" Guess it is akin to dolls vs action figures
 shes_the_one
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/30/2013 6:07:29 AM
Masculinity has nothing to do with body hair. It's a matter of preference and hygiene. If you don't want a man that removes body hair, then don't date him, or if you are a man and don't want to shave then don't. Simple. Personally, I like it :-)
 lostcausein
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/30/2013 5:32:32 PM
Eric Summit...I have been waking up lately with armpit stench that was barely tolerable and I figured it was due to age but after reading your comments I had a " Hmmmmmmmmmmm " moment .... and shaved my pits....

Woke up this morning and NO smell !

NONE !

I thought there might be less but there's NONE !

I'm SOLD !
 moraima
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2013 6:09:33 PM
"Please Quit advising hairy men to shave,(the few masculine hairy men we have left.) Hope they do not follow your advice.
I will stick to regular/natural men that aren't afraid to be masculine"

They are all yours. Keep them away from me..............ew.

If they classify their masculinity by how much hair they have on their body, you can have them. Nasty.

If they are too lazy to groom, they are all yours.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/30/2013 7:14:51 PM
lostcausein...welcome to this very elite and extraordinarily groomed club, my friend.
Glad you have walked towards the light and joined us.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think?