Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 103
Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think? Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Posted by OP:
"Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think?"

Now considering letting chest remain hairier, still shaving most of abdomen, except for center linea alba.
Arms trimmed monthly. Legs to remain shaved for cycling.
All other manscaping will continue as always. Will see what kind of reception it receives.
 sxymiss32
Msg: 104
Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think?
Posted: 9/17/2013 2:47:58 PM
How do men get hair off of their backs? Waxing!

Personally I like men with some body hair as I think it's masculine. Just no ear or nose hair and no hair down there either! As long as he doesn't look like a sasquatch it's all good. Besides a guy with chest hair gives a woman something to hang onto when she's riding him like a mechanical bull!

I think your generalizing all men by assuming that just because some of them don't have body hair they are players, liars, etc. Don't make false assumptions right off the bat. Get to know someone.
 fedexmale
Msg: 105
Posted: 9/18/2013 12:12:35 PM
We don't need no stinking hair!
 noXchNoRtn
Msg: 106
Posted: 9/18/2013 12:22:32 PM
"Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think? "

Gals that shaved their armpits and legs...what do you think?
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2013 1:28:23 PM
Gosh I hate this thread
 Fleuron
Msg: 108
Posted: 9/18/2013 6:03:40 PM
I’d rather a man have back hair than friggin shave it… and who shaves their arms????

Metrosexual, no thanks!
 Archiver
Msg: 109
Posted: 9/18/2013 6:33:52 PM
<---- has been having erotic fantasies about Chewbaca the Wookie for thirty years. :D
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 110
Posted: 9/18/2013 7:30:02 PM
I'm pretty firmly in the shaven camp. I love that my boyfriend grows a minimal amount of body hair. He shaves his face, but that's about it. The rest of him is mostly hairless naturally.

Grooming is a personal choice. Guys that are hairy will find girls that love hairy men. Guys that are hairless will find girls that love hairless men. I personally love to revel in a man's skin, not his hair so I choose men that have minimal body hair. Whether they get there through genetics or waxing is no concern of mine. I just want to reap the benefits. :D
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/18/2013 8:25:12 PM

Posted by OP:
"Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think?"

Men should try shaving their armpits. Most will likely NEVER return to hairy.
Sleeker appearance, reduced dampness, and minimized odor. Give it a try.
 Madailein
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/19/2013 6:21:04 AM

and yes they are into gym, cross fitness, weight lighting. But how did they shave their backs? That's the big question I have for them,

Hirsute men, really hairy and back hair, even facial hair; not for me. I love men with almost no chest hair and lots of head hair. Metro sexual is very hot I think, clean manicured nails. As for how someone gets rid of back or any unwanted hair laser is best as it is permanent but if the back hair is shaven naturally someone is doing it for them probably with an electric razor.

As for why they do it as you said they are body builders and may be competitive; and these guys shave their entire bodies.

All of these three have the same behaviors, so now if I ever met a guy that shave his arms, I automatically think its a sign for me to stay away.. Am I wrong?

No, you are not wrong. They do not appeal to you so it is wise to stay away.

Men should try shaving their armpits. Most will likely NEVER return to hairy.
Sleeker appearance, reduced dampness, and minimized odor. Give it a try.~Eric_Summit

Eric, if you like this and have been doing it for so long why not just have it lasered off?
Funny though, I do like armpit hair on men.
 cooldog65
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2013 8:15:10 AM

Men should try shaving their armpits. Most will likely NEVER return to hairy.Sleeker appearance, reduced dampness, and minimized odor. Give it a try.~Eric_Summit

I do this once a week and since I do not have much armpit hair, I can each one in under a minute. I do more body shaving in the summer and less in the winter. I'm a part time/seasonal metro.
 Fleuron
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/19/2013 5:25:52 PM
^^^ You’re such a sweetie there isn’t much I wouldn’t like about you, even shaved arms.
 John255317
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/19/2013 5:34:33 PM
This thread and a lot of the posting is hilarious. Funny that everyone has a preference. What a shock! Next we will debate whether women should use makeup, seeing as how they are covering up their face....lol. Some will not mind and others will like the natural look. Bottom line is whatever one does is their preference and the opposite sex will either be ok with it or look elsewhere. Pretty difficult.....right......
 Coma_White
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2013 11:10:37 PM
It's not about vanity, most of the time it's about being clean and body odor. Your sweat clings to your body hair and that causes most of the odor. I find it hard to believe that people actually make judgements about trivial crap like this. If a girl prefers shaved or unshaved, just tell your partner. I've never had a woman complain about having my chest either way.
 Theme_Pack
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/20/2013 3:32:08 PM
I served with a tier one unit we had to keep certain body parts shaved, they would attach a multitude of sensors to monitor vitals etc...when working down range.....now you just have to swallow a pill and it monitors just about everything right down to how many times you scratched your nuts.....of course the pill had to be recovered because it had classified info "on" it ...Who knew shit was classified!!!!!

Here's a little tidbit for you....is the Presidents waste Top Secret?
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/22/2013 5:09:06 PM
I have dated guys who have shaved their whole body and I mean entire body. And no, not players, liars....serial daters, perhaps but I don't thinks it's related to shaving. I think a lot of men like that "clean" feeling they get when there is no hair.....anywhere. The only thing I think is odd is shaving the chest and back.....the upkeep has got to be super time consuming. I, for one, cannot stand the feeling of stubble, especially on the chest or back. I would think if a guy wants to be a hairless wonder then waxing or laser removal is the way to go. To stay away from guys purely because they're hairless due to shaving is utterly silly..... (IMO) Who knows....maybe you can have a shaving party together....could be fun!!??
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/22/2013 9:54:54 PM
Shaving legs daily is rather time-consuming, yet that is what one does as a cyclist.
I'll leave a bit of face stubble...yet I am meticulous about legs and armpits getting daily attention.
It somewhat depends on grooming preferences, life lessons, and activities.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/22/2013 10:27:58 PM
Will confess to not liking back hair much but LOVE chest hair... and arm hair and leg hair and even stubble or facial hair on a guy (the right kind; not the colonel sanders kind).

Guess I'm not into the manscaping look personally, though more power to guys that like to shave everywhere. Know there are lots of reasons for doing it; I just personally happen to like the texture of coarse hair on warm skin... makes the contrast between him and me more pronounced.

Different strokes.
 Steam_Engenius
Msg: 121
Posted: 10/22/2013 10:29:41 PM
By the way, which one's Pink? Bob Geldoff.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2013 2:58:00 AM
One of the first things I taught my teen about hygiene to do so he would not get "funky" before the end of the day was pit shaving to keep bacteria down.
He still does a complete shave once a week to the pits

Not a fan of men shaving legs and that chest /belly hair ( to hot/manly) but a deal breaker?
Not really, just not usual or manly imo unless he has over stimulated follicle issues that need a mower.

Some people need to run into REAL deal breakers it seems.

We as a society have way to may dealbreakers before finding out anything about a person.

'Oh geez, he picks the pickle off his burger , how irritating"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think?