Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date With Single Mom Went Horribly Wrong      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 giggles_4_free
Msg: 26
Date With Single Mom Went Horribly WrongPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Well first off I can tell you as a a single mom, I wouldn't be sexting you and telling you I love you after I just got your phone number. That is called a booty call and I have no time for that unless its on my time.

The fact that she told you to pick her up at some other place other than her house means a few things-1. She doesn't want you to know where she lives. or 2. She lives with her parents.

Guess Mom and Dad found out she was going on a date and wanted you to know exactly what you were getting yourself into. More than likely they are sick of her crap and are tired of not only letting her live rent free but also having to babysit her kids so she can get poked-which from reading this entire thing she's probably not being safe and is more than likely going to get herself pregnant with another child.

As a single parent I have NEVER taken my child on a first date let alone let my child meet the person I'm just dating. The first and only time I let my kid meet my boyfriend, we were 3 months in and I honestly felt like it was going to go some where. To bad they didn't interact well with each other. No let me rephrase that, to bad he freaked out because she spilled her drink-sh!t happens its not like he got wet let alone it ruined his property, he couldn't keep up at the bounce pit-I've got a 3 year old you got to be on your toes at all times and you have to keep up with them when they are having fun, and he lied to me about doing drugs-yea just a whole bad thing right there to lie about something so important.

Can't really feel sorry for you having OJ all over your car. It is your car! You could have asked if she had a tippy cup if no tippy cup no drink. Not that hard to speak up and say "sorry if they don't have a tippy cup I can't let them have a drink." Oh really? You are seriously going to start a rant about how she doesn't have car seats? You state that you know the law requires any child under the age of 5 to be buckled in a child seat but yet you still chose to drive them and risk getting caught. I kinda wish you would have gotten caught so you did have to pay that fine. Would have made you think twice before doing it again! You never know what could happen. Its not like you go out driving and say "hey I'm gonna get in an accident today." What you should have done is asked her where the car seats where. If she said she didn't have any or that they were at home you had two choices. Either go get them or cancel and reschedule. Repeat until she either gets sick of you canceling or until she wises up and finds a babysitter or I don't know bring the freaking car seats.

You pretended that your smart phone vibrated.?. Really you honestly thought that was the smartest thing to do? Pretend it was ringing and its your boss. Nice. And then to rant that she won't answer the phone. She might be a really crappy mom but she sounds kinda smart not to see through you bs. She has a sad look because she thought something of you and you are acting like she is stupid. Well, I can't really argue with her being stupid who doesn't bring car seats for their kids when they are going in a car!

So you drop her and 2 little kids at the subway. Nice! But then again, she can't have you drop her off at her house because remember, she lives with mom and dad and they are pissed off at her for her going out with another random guy to be stupid. You couldn't even just bite the bullet and be a decent person and pay for a cab.

She isn't taking your time because you think she's stupid! Fake phone call. Seriously!?! Yes, I'm going back to that. She slammed the door in your face because you acted like a jerk for the fake phone call.

You are seriously going to try to tell me how to date? Guess what, I already knew that you don't take your kid on a date. Well you can if its planned! Oh and if my babysitter cancels guess what, I'm canceling on you. You are bitter because you didn't get your d*ck wet after all those sweet and spicy sexts. Anyone that is a good parent already knows all this. There is no point for you to come ranting on this forum trying to tell the good single parents how to date. Maybe I should start a thread about how to spot a d*ckhead.

Everything you have said is common sense which neither of you seem to have.

PS: The reason she "left" her keys in your car was to secure another see you. She probably already "dropped" them before all this bullhonky started and then actually forgot she did it because she realized you thought she was stupid and was to butthurt to thing anymore. Best thing to do is tell her you have her keys and if she wants them, they will be sitting with the cashier at the gas station you first picked her up at and leave it at that.

Way to much drama for me even if she is smoking hot and is going to do anything and everything for me in the bed.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 27
Date With Single Mom Went Horribly Wrong
Posted: 3/27/2013 2:14:54 PM

Can't really feel sorry for you having OJ all over your car. It is your car! You could have asked if she had a tippy cup if no tippy cup no drink. Not that hard to speak up and say "sorry if they don't have a tippy cup I can't let them have a drink."

He doesn't have kids. How is he supposed to know all of that? I didn't know kids were insanely messy until I babysat one. One second they had a perfectly intact ice cream cone, the next second I had a sticky, screaming child on my hands. I didn't even know they HAD special cups for little kids until my niece was 3 years old.
 LoveBeautifulDays
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/27/2013 9:23:00 PM
oh goodness, lol dont know what to say about this
 Jackals38
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2013 9:57:57 PM
To save people time having to go through 2 pages of mostly nonsense, i'll summarize for you:

OP is mad he didn't get laid.

You're welcome.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/27/2013 10:26:27 PM
Keychain or no keychain, I don't understand why you wanted to get in touch with her after this... I mean if the keys were crucial for her, she'd have contacted you.

Well, okay, I guess I do sorta get it, the two of you had an emotional investment before this horrendous meeting. But still. It WAS horrendous.

Lesson learned, I guess... don't invest emotionally so much before meeting!

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. It'll be funny, eventually, I promise, really it will.
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/27/2013 10:30:29 PM
I'm surprised nobody pointed out the obvious solution:
If you pick up a woman for a date like that, it is probably near her house - chances are she walked to the ESSO. That means she can walk back. If you are on a FIRST date and get NO notice of the kids, tell her that you won't accept kids ON the date and split. Is that rude? No, it is rude of the moron who brings the kids not to think, and it's in the best interest of the kids not to be dragged to a date like that. Plus, what meaningful bonding (not sex, but talking) could possible come from a person who has to keep 1 3/4 eyes on the kids at all times?

If the kids were older and she had told him upfront, maybe. But to ambush him like that? No way.
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/27/2013 10:33:20 PM
So you were hoping to get laid and instead got a big dose of reality.

Yeah, the kids thing was too much..that was not a date. But you were so eager to get into her pants..then you blame her for everything. Half of this scenario has to do with your own expectations...maybe you were expecting too much. Texting "I love you" etc etc and getting all hot and horny before you even meet her..what a recipe for disaster.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2013 1:06:23 AM
Sounds like a horrible date.

Anyways, here's the thing ladies, don't bring your kids for a date, find a babysitter if you can't find one then don't go on dates, it's that simple.

This is an isolated incident that happened to you with one woman that you picked out. It has nothing to do with the ladies. There is no need to lump all ladies together and give advice to others who don't need it just because it happened to you. It says a lot about your character and makes you look bitter. I was sympathizing with you until you made this remark at the end.
 Sp├ártan
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/28/2013 1:22:14 AM
This date could of went many ways. it was wrong of her to bring kids yes.... but as an adult it is on you to be ready for every situation. You knew she had kids, why didnt you ask "Do you have plans to bring the kids?" I dont care if its an "innocent date" alot ofstuff gets awkward quick when you arnt ready for it. idk what motive you had for the date, could be the whole "getting out for a nice date on a Saturday" or "ima tap that ass" but theres one guarantee i do know is that you had condoms with ;D anyway this gal set you up for something you surely werent ready for.... she did it in the up most wrong situation anyone could have been put through. But she could have also been looking for something too, like a "parent figure" or a "guy with money". Lets just say You surely arnt ready to be a parent. I understand they arnt your kids, but they were in your vehicle.

You played the patient and respectful guy this round and you lost. there are many ladies w/o kids out there lol keep a look out.
 venomac1
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2013 3:39:46 AM
" I knew it was going to be hell and it was. Nothing was going to happen between me and her that day."

The guy may have planned on a nice day, but in the end he was just hoping to get laid, the females on here are completely correct in their analysis. You got what you deserved my friend.... Karma is a ****. :P
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/28/2013 4:42:34 AM
Just go on single parent forum and we for urself all those stories with dating single parents are on there. I had guy bringing his son with him on more that one occasion n although In my vase it was the best behaving child ever. The guy would even totaly ignore me. So why would u invite me out? Or I would become free babysitter. If u don't have kids find someone without it will save u a lot of headache. Dating should be fun n enjoyable u don't need to complicate it with kids it gets complicated enough without
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/28/2013 5:04:23 AM
at least you had phone sex..but really..u knew she was a (package deal)....and obviously you didnt discuss what she was going to do with the kids before the date or ..while you guys were on your (date)...i think the blame on this one is 50-50. Next time dont let the (little man) cloud your (hopefully) common sense.
 Advwench
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/28/2013 5:44:03 AM

at least you had phone sex..but really..u knew she was a (package deal)....and obviously you didnt discuss what she was going to do with the kids before the date or ..while you guys were on your (date)...i think the blame on this one is 50-50. Next time dont let the (little man) cloud your (hopefully) common sense.

Oh come on, he may have screwed up in some of this but cut him a break here, lol. I have a son and I have NEVER discussed with a date whether or not I'd be bringing him - what reasonable person would think it had to be brought up? On the other hand, a potential first date asking if I planned to bring my son *might* raise the creeper flag, depending on how he phrased it (I don't like it when men seem too overeager to meet my him).

To the OP: I concur with the people who said you should have declined the date based on the car seat issue. Screw a ticket... how would you have felt if you'd had an accident and one of those kids was hurt or worse? Also, a woman who'd risk two little kids like that (no car seats AND willingly putting them in a car with a man she doesn't know? please!) isn't worth dating unless you think you'll enjoy a future with a selfish idiot - because yes, that's why she brought her kids along. Nothing was getting in the way of her good time, not even her babies.
 ReadBeforeWriting
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/28/2013 5:52:31 AM
The OP's actual profile headline is "What I Lack in Looks, I Make Up For in IQ".
Hilarious.
 Advwench
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/28/2013 6:06:25 AM

The OP's actual profile headline is "What I Lack in Looks, I Make Up For in IQ".
Hilarious.

After reading this, I went to his profile and saw his age. All this time I thought we were dealing with an inexperienced 20-something. Oy vey.
 StLCardsChick
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/28/2013 7:24:26 AM
It's probably a good thing she did bring her kids. Yes, you were hoping to get lucky and act out your little texting fantasy. You might have needed a third car seat in 9 months!

Seriously, you are both at fault. She should have never brought her kids on a first date or even a 10th date. She's an idiot. And your "I love you's" might seem harmless but you don't know this girl so you don't know how she interprets them.

Once you dropped her off, it was wrong of you to ask her to give you a call. She already knew you were blowing her off with a made up excuse and there was no need to continue the little game. You both have a lot to learn and I just feel sorry for the children.
 Maleman999
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/28/2013 7:47:52 AM
The biggest mistake you made was allowing her and her kids in your car in the first place. You said you know it's against the law to have kids in the car without being strapped in car kid seats, so why did you risk it? If you don't want her kids on a first meet with you, it would be a lot better excuse to leave the meet than a fake phone call by your boss. So you were willing to risk getting a ticket and having your insurance rate go through the roof. Why? If you got in an accident and the kids got tossed around in the car like a beach ball and got hurt, you would've got a lot more than just a ticket. You could end up in jail for wreckless driving causing injury. But you were willing to take that chance, and take the chance of losing your license and maybe your job. Unreal-just like the "I love you" texts to someone you never met.
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/28/2013 7:57:49 AM
OP, you are the type of loser that has given on-line dating its poor reputation of late. Sexting and saying "I love you" before you have met? Really? How desperate and slimy can you get? You give manhood a bad name. In fact, I don't think you belong in the club until you clean up your act and become a man.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/28/2013 7:57:53 AM
I can't believe a lot of the posts on here.
I agree with the post above...the biggest mistake he made was
allowing her kids in the car in the first place. He should have
said, I don't have car seats, I wasn't expecting the kids, perhaps
we should reschedule for a different time.

Who the heck brings their kids on a first meeting?
And why should the guy have asked her if she had "tippy cups"?
(ahahahahahahahahaha!)

and PS...so what if he was "expecting some"? He said they had been
sexting and sending each other sexy messages. Lots of first meetings
end with "some". Maybe she expected things to go different as well,
but found herself without a babysitter.

She should have told him upfront they were coming.
He should have told her they needed to reschedule when she showed up with them.
He offered to drive her home...she refused.

I don't see the problem other than jaysus...what are some people thinking?

OP, you are the type of loser that has given on-line dating its poor reputation of late. Sexting and saying "I love you" before you have met? Really? How desperate and slimy can you get? You give manhood a bad name. In fact, I don't think you belong in the club until you clean up your act and become a man.

That's a bit harsh. It seems it was mutual...the sexting and I Love yous.
What difference does it make to anyone else what two consenting adults do?
 SimpleCltMan
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/28/2013 8:03:32 AM
OP,
This has happened to me several times over the years. On several first dates, I was greeted by a mothers with kids. When that happens you are limited to going to places where the kids can be comfortable. I ended up going to Chuck E. Cheese twice and the other times it was McDonald's or someplace the kids wanted to eat. There are some women that don't have babysitters and will do that just to to be able to get out. So you can almost expect it. I learned my lesson taking a single Mom and her 3 kids out to dinner. Same situation but I took a light hearted view of it. The younger kid said he hated me the whole time. The oldest one tore a hole in my seat and the middle child wanted to know when they were going home. I went out on 3 dates with her and went our separate ways as friends. Her choice. I fixed the hole and kept going. She ended up marrying a man with 3 of his own. Brady Bunch...
 Advwench
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/28/2013 8:22:11 AM
This seriously happens regularly? I still can't wrap my head around bringing my kid on a date like that.

Now I know why guys are so leery of dating single moms. I swear, we're NOT all morons. Really.
 Maleman999
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/28/2013 8:31:48 AM

...she suddenly sent me her phone number and told me to text her directly instead because she could respond faster.

This should've been a red flag. She wants you to text/sext, but no mention of talking on the phone. Maybe she's married or living with a guy and doesn't want you calling her in case he's there. Or maybe the kids are such monsters, that a having a normal conversation on the phone would be next to impossible because she and the kids would be in a screaming match, which would drive away guys talking to her.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/28/2013 9:01:03 AM
Its bad enough she would stupidly put herself at such a high risk, but to bring her children along? Wow, this woman apparently lacks common sense and the gene to protect her children. To get in the car with a complete stranger is dumb enough, but to endanger her two kids.. she needs some real quick parenting skills. I feel sorry for the kiddos in that situation. Even to expose young children to her dates is not a good thing at all. I think you did the right thing to get rid of that one.. wow!!
I have been single while my kiddos were young. No man ever knew where I lived or worked until I had enough time around him to know he was safe. I never even left my second husband alone with my children.. even though I know he would have never done anything inappropriate with them, they were my responsibility, not his. Even in early dating, I always met him and drove my own car. I always had my kiddos in the back of my mind and if something happened to me.. who would raise them. Some people do not use the brain God gave them again WOW
 rgvmale
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/28/2013 9:12:49 PM
She is a keeper brah
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/28/2013 10:21:03 PM
What everyone else is missing is that she got into a car with a stranger and with her kids. Maybe she just wanted some free food for the family. Takes all kinds. Dont bother messaging a woman with young kids, no matter how hot you may find her. Think with your bigger head.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date With Single Mom Went Horribly Wrong