Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date With Single Mom Went Horribly Wrong      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Railrunner
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Date With Single Mom Went Horribly WrongPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

We messaged back and forth on POF for days and she suddenly sent me her phone number and told me to text her directly instead because she could respond faster. We spent entire nights texting "I love you's" and naughty spicy other things.

This is a red flag roughly the size of Hudson Bay.

We agreed to a saturday at 11:00am at the front door of an ESSO gas station (what the hell she was doing there or why make me meet her there is still a mystery to me).

Let me guess: lives in the "projects", with a guy or two or three, none of who are either of the "baby daddies". She didn't want you to see that.

She just nodded in silence but with a sad look in her face. I turned around and catched the freeway back to Toronto, during the trip back I could not decipher a word she said because her kids were screaming and causing a rackus.

So these spoiled kids are completely out of control? You dodged a bullet, no a missile. As these kids get older, they will just be worse.

I asked her where she wanted me to drop her and she told me to drop her at a subway station, I told her that I could drive her back to her house and she said "No it's okay, I'm not going to take your time anymore". I reached a subway station and stopped, she got out and opened the back door and took her daughter out, then I said to her "Listen give me a call tonight" but before I could finish the sentence she slammed the door of my car almost in my face. She was pissed. She has not texted me bacl nor messaged me through POF. She has not replied to my text messages.

Don't worry about her. I'm sure on the subway she has found three or four more potential wallets, err, men. Unless TTC security booted her off the train with those rambunctious hellions.
 Luckyshamrocks
Msg: 52
Date With Single Mom Went Horribly Wrong
Posted: 3/29/2013 4:23:49 AM
Another prime example of TEXTual fantasy not quite matching up with reality. lol
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2013 5:46:53 AM
Bro you were not thinking with the right head and you were burned as a result.
 scottey63
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2013 6:49:57 AM

I said to her "Listen give me a call tonight" but before I could finish the sentence she slammed the door of my car almost in my face. She was pissed. She has not texted me bacl nor messaged me through POF. She has not replied to my text messages.

Really? You wanted to see her again after all that? I'd be counting my blessings if someone like that didn't call me again. I'd think myself well out of that situation...after having ran screaming into the night.

This is a classic example of why I don't date women with toddlers...or any kids not old enough to not need a babysitter.
 RedCapSue
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/29/2013 3:07:35 PM
This is what happens when two self centered immature people crash into each other ROFL.
 MRGETITTOGO
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/29/2013 5:18:27 PM
cool story bro. once you pulled up and saw her with her kids standing outside, you shouldve drove in a semi circle and got out of there and deleted her number. and dont waste time with the "sexting". texts should reveal general info and then you should immediately set up a 1st date if u think its something there. no sense falling in love online and then meet the person and find out you dont have the same chemistry face to face. better luck next time.
 forums1
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/29/2013 5:57:56 PM

Here in Ontario you get a big traffick ticket for not having a child under 6 in a special booster chair, she never told me she was bringing them and I started to get nervous about getting a big ticket.

She shouldn't have put you in that situation... and especially shouldn't have been putting her young children in a car in that situation.

I have a friend who drives a cab in a city I will leave nameless - he got a call to pick up a fare, got there and she had a 2y/o child with her... he told her he couldn't take her because he didn't have a child seat, but he would call the cab company to get someone who did - she insisted, they argued over it, *she* called the cab company and tried to get him fired... turns out she was the head of CPS (child protective services) for the city, they had a contract with his cab company (which she threatened them with). His boss managed to work it out - but you would think that the head of CPS would *know better* than to consider him not letting a 2y/o in his car w/o a car seat as an issue (and he did get another cab to show up that had a child seat). Same as you, it's illegal, and even worse being a cab driver could have lost him his livery license.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2013 5:39:48 AM
"I love you" is a tough line to sell and not sound awkward doing even if you ARE Truly, Madly, Deeply. Using it as light banter makes it tough to ever be credible with.

Jeez, just typing it where you all can see - people I don't KNOW, let alone love - gives me a scary shiver... those are Words of Power!
ED BEAR
 ladywyatt
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/30/2013 11:09:45 AM
SMH......after all the sexting you rwo did before you even met, yer just pissed cause you didn't git laid......
 Olympian212
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/30/2013 11:36:46 AM
Cant help but laugh at the people assuming he just wanted to get laid.

Just because talking turns sexual before meeting doesn't mean all the guy wants is sex. Women initiate sexual chat as well.

It seems like it would have been a nice afternoon date had she not brought her kids along. How can you get to know someone while dealing with two screaming , crying kids?

Why didn't she mention she would be bringing them? Sounds more like she wanted a driver for her errands.
 Akatsukami
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2013 11:54:02 AM

have a friend who drives a cab in a city I will leave nameless - he got a call to pick up a fare, got there and she had a 2y/o child with her... he told her he couldn't take her because he didn't have a child seat, but he would call the cab company to get someone who did - she insisted, they argued over it, *she* called the cab company and tried to get him fired... turns out she was the head of CPS (child protective services) for the city, they had a contract with his cab company (which she threatened them with). His boss managed to work it out - but you would think that the head of CPS would *know better* than to consider him not letting a 2y/o in his car w/o a car seat as an issue (and he did get another cab to show up that had a child seat). Same as you, it's illegal, and even worse being a cab driver could have lost him his livery license.

I'd have sued for entrapment.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/30/2013 3:47:59 PM
Pinky, you don't bring your rug rats on dates, simple as that. Thats extremely rude.
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/30/2013 4:12:48 PM
Dont even know where to start with this one.
Your 35yrs old. Telling someone you never met , "you love her"! Guess you dont know, what love is.
You should of been honest with her, the minute you seen the kid's., Yes there is no way kids should being going
on a date, but guess, she not that smart. Maybe she wants kid number 3.
You let those kids in your car, without car seat's, you got what you deserve.
"Nothing was gonna happen between her and me that day", Really? You could of been another baby's daddy.
Maybe next time you date a single mom, and ask her out, say something, like when you can get a sitter, would
like to meet. Not saying it was your fault she thought it was ok to bring the brat's. But it is your fault, you let them in
your car.
Think with the right head. You not a kid.
 annywn
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/30/2013 11:18:44 PM
I guess you have to pay for your hookers first on your first "date" that is. That love you two were feeling sure flew out the window quickly, 40 whole minutes must be a new record.
 Terramay
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/30/2013 11:44:08 PM
And here I am, still unlucky enough not to have met my boyfriends kid.
When there are guys like you that get fun stories like this.
 ARadicalPunk
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2013 1:39:20 AM
Everyone keeps assuming the OP went on this date with the sole intention of having sex. Why are you ass hats assuming? OP, why are you "sexting" women "I love you?" I love you means the same thing in written word as it does in person. Don't try to sell people a false analogy. Don't drive around with children who aren't properly seated by the law. Sorry this went south so fast, and the best you can do is learn from this experience, and take the constructive criticism given.
 GC_Hayez
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/31/2013 4:18:45 AM
To the OP... let me tell you somethin' bro. There's no future with that woman whatsoever. I've dated countless women in my life that had kids. Luckily... the experience you've been through, I went through it myself (thank god only once).

Considering this woman didn't want you to drive her home, and the fact that majority of your talking was done through texting... she obviously had something to hide. Odds are... she had a man back home who wasn't giving her what she wanted (just my guess).

That woman did you a favor when she told you she wasn't gonna waste your time anymore.

Not to mention, given the fact that she didn't tell you she was bringing her kids along... proves more dishonesty on her part.

Question is... why do most unstable single moms do this?
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/31/2013 7:11:20 AM
Msg 37 nailed it.

OP, hopefully you learned some lessons here.
 cabanaboy65
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2013 1:57:04 PM
I had a first date with a gal whom brought her 14 year old son along on a date we met in public. All we did was talk about football because he was on the high school team. Needless to say the date didn't go well. At least I did not tell her "I love you" before we met face to face. I learned a lesson that day...lol..
 forums1
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/31/2013 2:48:01 PM

Msg 37 nailed it.

OP, hopefully you learned some lessons here.

Yeah, I would have *flat out* said no, I'm not transporting these kids in my car illegally without car seats. You got them here, you can get them home. Sorry, but it's not *my* risk to take getting an expensive ticket for a woman I've never met before, who brought her kids along. They, quite honestly, would never have "gotten in" at the ESSO gas station (didn't ESSO turn into EXXON decades back? Maybe they still exist in Canada?), to even make it to the restaurant to have a miserable experience. You made the "mistake" you should learn a lesson from *way* before the restaurant.
 msright78
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/31/2013 2:50:21 PM
wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I can't believe that single mothers like her would exploit her kids like that on their first date.

What if the person she met was some sort of a crazy lunatic person?

WOW. She's obviously few screws short in her head.

I'm glad to hear that despite all that, that u were still nice to her. And it's a good thing u bolted when u did. What's next feeding her kids on a date?

I'm all for kids don't get me wrong but single mothers should not be bringing the kids to any dates. That's a big red flag to me. Merely cuz she seems irresponsible!!
 deere_rancher
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2013 4:01:08 PM

here's the thing ladies, don't bring your kids for a date, find a babysitter if you can't find one then don't go on dates, it's that simple.

Op... if you want to date her , and knowing she has kids ..You should offer to Pay for a sitter.
 sigungq
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2013 7:09:32 PM
Advwench wrote:

This seriously happens regularly? I still can't wrap my head around bringing my kid on a date like that.

Now I know why guys are so leery of dating single moms. I swear, we're NOT all morons. Really.

The general conundrum you face is this: Common sense is not common.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/31/2013 8:21:55 PM
deere_rancher: are you seriously telling me that youre willing to pay for babysitters for all the single moms you date? youre a much nicer guy than me. when i take a girl out, i plan on paying for dinner or whatever, but i refuse to spring for a babysitter as well, especially for a first meet!
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/31/2013 9:01:47 PM
sorry that happened to you, but I know how it feels when someone makes up an excuse to leave a date early and it can hurt anyone's feelings. Yes, she is partially at fault for bringing her kids, but maybe she could not find a sitter. But then again making up excuses to leave a date is a bit rude to me. I had one man do that to me 15 mins within our date. I made him pay for my gas, cause I drove an hour to see him and after that I told him to never call me again. Lesson learned, don't go out of your way to please people that don't deserve it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date With Single Mom Went Horribly Wrong