Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > First dates      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 venusenvy777
Msg: 63
First datesPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I like to dress for a date. but it also has to fit into the scnario. A Sat. afternoon lunch date is pretty casual, not something I would wear a LBD too...
 pseriouslyt44
Msg: 64
First dates
Posted: 4/3/2013 3:14:17 PM
Dressing up for a date is okay with me, although I would rather chose not to sit across the table with my date for an hour and realizing she over did it. Low cut skirt is fine just not too much make-up on or too long of a dress trying to hide everything all the way to arms that would only give me implication she has everything to hide. I would not show up for a date wearing a tie like I am going to a job interview, sorry that is not me. If she wants me to be all suited up, then we'll go to a ball, wedding or watever!
 venusenvy777
Msg: 65
First dates
Posted: 4/3/2013 3:19:09 PM
Yes.
If she shows up in her birthday suit, I take that as a good sign of interest.

Ahahahahhahahha
 Hasty_Pudding
Msg: 66
First dates
Posted: 4/3/2013 4:22:55 PM
How is it that you know how she dresses for work?
Who decided 30 was the cut-off age for jeans?
And are you seeing her again or not?

Smells to me a bit like a preemptive rejection.
 pseriouslyt44
Msg: 67
First dates
Posted: 4/3/2013 7:14:36 PM
I like girls who kind of flaunted with their tanktop overhang, like they're in a blazing situation of adjusting their bra, its a fiery reaction which showed me shes interested lol! No lie..it a major turn on for me:)

Then theres that part where we are about to leave she turns around and adjusts her shirt, but in her mind's eyes she is literally showing me her ass..excuse me that ars in spanish my bad lMOAOO!
 SweetSun13
Msg: 68
First dates
Posted: 4/3/2013 7:33:09 PM
Nah, if it was business lunch yeah perhaps. If it were a 5 star dinner perhaps a nice outfit. But casual lunch is casual dress. I wouldn't put too much into it.
 Anonymous.one
Msg: 69
First dates
Posted: 4/3/2013 7:39:06 PM
I agree. Who shows up not caring about their first impression? I would say big red flag.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 70
view profile
History
First dates
Posted: 4/4/2013 6:38:16 AM
First impressions are great a you should worry about them. But your first impression should be who you are (when not at work that is,) not something you're not. If i were to see someone that has horses and spends free time on a ranch I would expect her (and would want her) to show up in some Wranglers, boots and a working shirt of some type. Of course I would like her clothes clean and boots free from, well let's just say worn but clean as I would not want her smelling like a barn.

Dress to impress fo sure, but dress who you truly are. As for me I've had first meets in boardshorts and sandals but generally jeans (nice and clean) and a casual shirt. You'll never find me in a first meet in a suit, tie, sport coats or shoes that require polish. I have all that chit but wear it when I need too, not because I want too because it's just not me. I don't want my first impression to be great but the wrong impression of who I truly am. You need to be honest from the first day, in words and actions...
 pseriouslyt44
Msg: 71
First dates
Posted: 4/4/2013 7:24:24 AM
lol thanks for the sarc TF, my bad im not much in women's attire especially when it comes to their description or what they are called specifically..anyways I am quite sure you did get what I was talking about when I mentioned the so called "low cut skirt", meaning skirt that is short..so forgive me for my poor depiction of what a short skirt should be called.

As for the "too long a dress and long sleeves", I have nothing against those who lives up in the northern climate, and what they wear. Tell you the truth, if Im living up there I would probably wear the same type of outfit, well except a dress that would be weird lol. If you should know, I was refering to those who are living in the same geographic location that I am at, mainly SoCal. Going out on a lunch date in casual outfit is typical for this sort of hot weather in the summer climate.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 72
view profile
History
First dates
Posted: 4/4/2013 9:01:48 AM
^^^
P44 I was not commenting on any one post, just an overall view of my idea of a good first impression...if you have nice legs, are comfortable and enjoy wearing short skirts by all means (cus I sure wont mind.)
 pseriouslyt44
Msg: 73
First dates
Posted: 4/4/2013 1:03:38 PM
Tumuchfun, I have no idea what you are talking about, it was TrishaF2011's comment I was replying to. May I suggest you pay abit more attention to what you are reading..in fact im not interested in your rather zealous fantasy lol.
 ndwriter
Msg: 74
First dates
Posted: 4/4/2013 1:10:11 PM
She should have tried to look cute for you. Depending where you met, it was not important how she dressed, but since it was to you, move on. If she looked that bad, you don't want to see her again anyway.

Next time, tell your date what you will be wearing so she can recognize you. Then she will know how to dress.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > First dates