Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > CRADLE SNATCHING      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Smarts and Heart
Msg: 51
CRADLE SNATCHINGPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Cradle snatching pertains to someone young enough to be your child. If that's the case then one has to think logically, not emotionally or with their hormones. Making a fool of one's self doesn't do much for one's reputation. You have to ask what are the chances of it becoming a lasting long term relationship and what's in it for each party?
 not_single_x
Msg: 52
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 4/24/2013 12:13:29 PM
i wouldn't be the least bit bothered by it
 monocryl
Msg: 53
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 4/24/2013 1:31:03 PM

OP, put a 25-year-old snatch in my cradle and I'll report back how it was...

Now that's an idea. A new kind of ad: "I may be [...] years old, but I'm young at snatch."
 DragonBits
Msg: 54
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 4/24/2013 2:07:24 PM

Now that's an idea. A new kind of ad: "I may be [...] years old, but I'm young at snatch."

How about, "you're only as old as the one you can snatch."
 c_deacon
Msg: 55
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 4/24/2013 2:18:10 PM
The snatch part intrigues me......but.....the cradle part does not!!....;) The rest just happens!

cd
 theritefoot
Msg: 56
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 4/27/2013 4:47:32 PM
Again (and again and again and again) a post about age, the single most overanalyzed aspect of dating.
I date younger women (of legal age of course) and i do not care (even a little) what anybody thinks about it.

It baffles me that any human being would not view this roughly in the same way that I do. I don't see how people
can go through life having constant concerns about what others think.

If I had to live that way (worried about consensus thinking) I wouldn't be able to function at all.

Date someone ten years younger. Date someone ten years older. Who cares? It's YOUR life!
 brisco414
Msg: 57
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 4/27/2013 5:17:48 PM
I have no interest in dating someone ten years younger than me. I'd go five years either way and even ten years older if the guy was fit, healthy and very active.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 58
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 4/27/2013 11:12:50 PM
I'll be honest about this.

20's have been tempting but it's a definately off limits. I'm not going there.

30's nope. If I would go there then I might as well go anywhere.

40's still young for me but they are the most attractive

50's are my age the most appealing for me. There's fewer that strike an interest. I think they love their dogs and cats more.

60's They give up I think.
Msg: 59
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 4/28/2013 6:39:59 AM

I have no interest in dating someone ten years younger than me. I'd go five years either way and even ten years older if the guy was fit, healthy and very active

good reason

although i met females lot older than me that are almost hyper-active, while at same time met females younger
that are like walkers crisps in human form, right couch potatoes,

you suggest doing something and you get to watch procrastination in all its forms haha
 Fleuron
Msg: 60
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 4/28/2013 4:45:08 PM

if you got on great with someone, but he/she was over 10 years older than you, would you feel constrained by what others such as your peer group thought of the age difference, and not date them, as you didn't want to feel like cradle snatcher

Huh? How would *I* be a “cradle snatcher” if HE’S ten years older than me? Ten years is hardly that much of a difference anyway.

If I got on great with someone, I wouldn’t care how old he was, older or younger, and I sure as shit wouldn’t care what my “peer group” or anybody else had to think or say about it.

I wouldn’t want a man who allows or needs somebody else to determine his decisions for him. How could I trust him if his resolve shifts depending on who thinks what of him? Forget that.

although i met females lot older than me that are almost hyper-active, while at same time met females younger
that are like walkers crisps in human form, right couch potatoes

Yeah. Gee. Imagine that….not all women are the same.

Probably the same could be said about some men, eh?
 cooldog65
Msg: 61
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 4/29/2013 12:22:30 AM
OP, put a 25-year-old snatch in my cradle and I'll report back how it was...

Is there a site for this? We should call it snatch.com!
 Bluegold007
Msg: 62
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/2/2013 12:53:24 PM

Men are so visual,

(rolls eyes) Women are as visual as men. True fact
 rearguard*2
Msg: 63
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/3/2013 7:24:44 AM
^^^^How true! Of course, its never evident which one will become the caregiver, and even if you take up with someone exactly your own age, its no guarantee you won't become a caregiver eventually anyway.

I suspect that regardless of all the blather bandied about here, most people will go out with people that ask them out and with whom they feel happy.....

Yes, you may look in specific segments of the population, but worrying about what will happen down the road is just a needless waste of your own life. It only ever takes 1 visit to a Doctor for an annual checkup to go from being a healthy person who is bound to live forever to a person with chronic medical issues, and you just never know when that day will come.
Msg: 64
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/3/2013 7:39:30 AM

Yeah. Gee. Imagine that….not all women are the same.

hence the reason i never used the word (all)

as to the posters who keep saying cradle snatching is only if there lot lot younger, i meant the term as
loose description of large age difference dating, which to me starts at 10 years either side,

thats not to say large age difference's don't work great for lot of people, not disputing that,
was just interested to hear other's opinion on the idea?

Probably the same could be said about some men, eh?

sorry fleuron, being a bloke couldn't say personally as prefer females, but entirely probable haha
 c_deacon
Msg: 65
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/3/2013 11:14:13 AM
There comes a time when it is no longer considered "cradle snatching", but much more "rocker robbing".......;)

Just had to do it!!....smiles

cd
 Giggles10000
Msg: 66
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/3/2013 12:14:33 PM

JLO is having a grand time despite the intrusive questions of; isn't he just a bit too young?

Either way, be it a man or a woman who decides to settle down with someone where there is a huge age difference, one or the other will eventually become a caregiver, and it's not easy.

And the guarantee that two older people one won't end up a caregiver?????

I love when people invent reasons for things not to work vs approaching life as full of possibilities ...you approach it from what can go wrong...and then box yourselves into not living life but watching others...ie the first sentence...JLO is having a grand time...
 Fleuron
Msg: 67
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/3/2013 12:15:09 PM

…just interested to hear other's opinion on the idea?

I like younger men.

sorry fleuron, being a bloke couldn't say personally as prefer females, but entirely probable haha

Ha ha….do you have to be sexually attracted to someone to know whether or not s/he is a couch potato? There are a few obvious clues you could probably decipher without an erection.
 monocryl
Msg: 68
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/3/2013 11:31:37 PM

"rocker robbing"

And by "rocker" you don't mean the mummified bodies of Keith Richards or Steven Tyler, I presume?
 jlynn1955
Msg: 69
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/4/2013 3:40:23 AM
JoeBnD-the remark about the double standard is such a crock. There are waaaaay more older men/younger women than there are older women/younger men couples out there. It's only been relatively recently that women have felt comfortable dating much younger guys. Also, the younger women dating the old codgers are usually considered to have "daddy issues".

I've always looked a good bit younger than my age, so I've had younger men show interest in me. I think the biggest difference was when I was in my mid-late 20's and a high school boy indicated interest (no it wasnt cause he wanted sex). No, I did not go out with him. I got asked to the prom---when I was in my mid 20's and no I didn't do that either.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 70
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/4/2013 2:09:03 PM

There are waaaaay more older men/younger women than there are older women/younger men couples out there. It's only been relatively recently that women have felt comfortable dating much younger guys. Also, the younger women dating the old codgers are usually considered to have "daddy issues".

My first husband was 12 years older than me..why would you say someone else is posting a "crock" and then you proceed to post crock also...

I've always looked a good bit younger than my age, so I've had younger men show interest in me

No...you look good for your age, not younger...and younger men do not show interest cause you look younger..they show interest for different reasons...some prefer older women cause they think the women are needy but will quickly reveal they just want a hookup...some have momma issues but not most, some prefer older women cause they are more classy, attraction is not based on any set formula and so if you buy into the one size fits all method of thinking you will drive yourself nuts trying to be something you aren't--just be yourself and enjoy life that way when you met the right person they isnt all the needless drama trying to determine who you and who they are.
 Proteaus
Msg: 71
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/6/2013 11:22:30 AM
Actually 2 ways to look at it , cradle snatching or grave robbing . Take your pick :)
Msg: 72
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/8/2013 5:02:34 AM

some prefer older women cause they think the women are needy but will quickly reveal they just want a hookup...some have momma issues

plus some prefer older women as feel they not so hung up on life, as in less social pressure
 arwen52
Msg: 73
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/24/2013 5:48:09 PM
Don't ask me. My last fling was over 30 years younger, my last significant lover was 23 years younger, and my last long-term relationship was with a guy 12 years younger. HIS last relationship was with a girl less than half his age.

I think intergenerational dating is the new fad.
 Paloma405
Msg: 74
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/29/2013 9:04:47 PM
Age is only a number. I look at how the person conducts themselves. It's insane to be worried about age. I noticed that the people who are so concerned with age have big problems starting with allowing other people to dictate them.
 SunForSome
Msg: 75
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/31/2013 8:10:30 AM
Oh... I just realized. I didn't think twice about dating a guy 10 years older to me as though it was sort of natural...even thought our appearances were NOT matched. However, when I went out with a guy who was 4 years younger than me and then one who was 8 years younger than me... then I started thinking that maybe I was too old for them. The one who was 8 years younger than me had a little salt and pepper in his beard so I didn't think that our looks were all that out of joint. I can pass for younger. He can pass for older.

I do think; however, when I've seen the obvious age differences myself...where one person looks like the father or the mother of the person they are dating... I've been a little uncomfortable about this.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > CRADLE SNATCHING