Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > CRADLE SNATCHING      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Proteaus
Msg: 71
CRADLE SNATCHINGPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Actually 2 ways to look at it , cradle snatching or grave robbing . Take your pick :)
Msg: 72
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/8/2013 5:02:34 AM

some prefer older women cause they think the women are needy but will quickly reveal they just want a hookup...some have momma issues

plus some prefer older women as feel they not so hung up on life, as in less social pressure
 arwen52
Msg: 73
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/24/2013 5:48:09 PM
Don't ask me. My last fling was over 30 years younger, my last significant lover was 23 years younger, and my last long-term relationship was with a guy 12 years younger. HIS last relationship was with a girl less than half his age.

I think intergenerational dating is the new fad.
 Paloma405
Msg: 74
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/29/2013 9:04:47 PM
Age is only a number. I look at how the person conducts themselves. It's insane to be worried about age. I noticed that the people who are so concerned with age have big problems starting with allowing other people to dictate them.
 SunForSome
Msg: 75
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 5/31/2013 8:10:30 AM
Oh... I just realized. I didn't think twice about dating a guy 10 years older to me as though it was sort of natural...even thought our appearances were NOT matched. However, when I went out with a guy who was 4 years younger than me and then one who was 8 years younger than me... then I started thinking that maybe I was too old for them. The one who was 8 years younger than me had a little salt and pepper in his beard so I didn't think that our looks were all that out of joint. I can pass for younger. He can pass for older.

I do think; however, when I've seen the obvious age differences myself...where one person looks like the father or the mother of the person they are dating... I've been a little uncomfortable about this.
 theanswerguy2
Msg: 76
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/2/2013 8:23:28 PM
Today in History: June 2

In 1886,

President Grover Cleveland, 49, married Frances Folsom, 21, in the Blue Room of the White House. (To date, Cleveland is the only president to marry in the executive mansion.)
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 77
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/2/2013 8:29:21 PM
I've dated older, younger & close to my age.

I prefer a man who is close to me in age.

I am seeing someone 2 years older than me. We went to see Billy Idol the other night...someone alot older or younger would have different musical tastes...

We both are basically retired, a younger person wouldn't be & an older man would be so far into retirement, he may not be dateable...
 timeforall
Msg: 78
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/4/2013 9:29:08 AM
This type of thread always appears on this site, but neither the responses nor the true facts ever change. According to many women, they prefer and have no problem dating much younger guys. The facts are however that much younger guys are rarely interested in a relationship with much older women. Older guys have a much easier time having relationships with much younger women than the other way around. The fact is that even fifty year old guys and older are often not physically attracted to many women their own age? Why is that? Because many women have allowed themselves to grow fat, or thick, or flabby or all three. An older woman with flabby arms or whatever is a real turnoff. An older woman with an attitude, and many of them have that, are an even bigger turn off. Nothing will change the fact that men are more attracted to youth and beauty in women, and that women are more attracted to power and authority and self confidence, which they usually find in older as opposed to younger men.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 79
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/4/2013 9:41:41 AM
It would be depressing to live by all the "rules" people on here come up with. Fortunately, as far as I can tell, most of them have no idea about what they talk about, and real life is far more fluid and dynamic than any environment that the rule makers want to promote.

It is quite true, however, that most of the world still accepts older male/younger female relationships, largely because they still expect the male will be the provider and the female will ensure the arrival of offspring. Sexist? Outdated? Patriarchal? Definitely! However, its reality.

Do what you want in the relationships that you can form. Leave to moralizing to those sitting by themselves in front of their computers.....
 sunsunsun4
Msg: 80
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/7/2013 1:32:50 AM
At my age, ten years either way is no big deal. You're 46, so I can't see the big deal either. It's not as if you're talking about dating someone who's barely legal. Enjoy!
 Like2dance
Msg: 81
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/7/2013 3:38:48 PM
At my present age I only date women at least ten years younger than myself although in my twenties and thirties I occasionally dated a few women a few years older than me.
 theritefoot
Msg: 82
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/7/2013 7:17:40 PM
Ten year difference is cradle snatching.
Okay......

You know, I think that feminism and political correctness have removed every bit of testosterone
in the American male.

Sad.
 ladeyday
Msg: 83
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/7/2013 8:46:40 PM
If you're attracted to one another, that's all you need. I want someone vibrant, health conscious, and open minded. It's hard enough to find someone with those qualities to be concerned about age or, for that matter, race.
 RomanticArtsyLady
Msg: 84
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/22/2013 10:38:27 AM
I had to add my 2 cents. Age is a number. A chronological calculation. I am a youthful looking beautiful mature woman.
I have seen, read that there are fulfilled young men in love with older women in strong ralationships.
As for the poster, delayed response, I despise the term cradle snatching. Age does not define maturity at all.
Young men had pursued me and still do .. lately, and offline too. A few did really enjoy my company while it lasted.
Older women are pursued alot by younger men. Getting and "snatching" is an act of desperation.
I was once married to a 23 year old at 31.
 RomanticArtsyLady
Msg: 85
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/22/2013 10:39:42 AM
Way to go, and it feels glorious because we are still desireable.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 86
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/23/2013 9:12:05 AM
I always felt like if you and another person click on all levels in spite of the age thing, then there is no issue with it. People are a combination of their life experiences, not years on earth; because some people have lived a lot more than the years those experiences were lived in. So while certain specific experiences were not shared, the cumulation of the wisdom and perception gained can be equal.

But when someone dates a person BECAUSE of an age difference, that to me marginalizes the relationship; because in essence they are toting out a trophy to make a reaction to make themselves appear something; it is not a meeting of minds; it is a showing off that they can land someone younger so they can show how vital and vibrant they are. The person is not a full person; they are just an age or specific look. To me that is a turnoff.

But if two people regardless of age have a meeting of the minds, physical chemistry, a lot of different things to talk about and shared interests? Who the heck cares what age they are? Either direction?

And people give unsolicited advice on EVERYTHING. If we lived our single lives based on the prejudices and assumptions of people in relationships who feel like they are entitled to direct our lives since they are constrained by their own, we would be straightjacketed. People who are real friends trust my judgment and common sense.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 87
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/23/2013 9:34:30 AM
I have more leeway going younger than older, because most men that are more than 10 years older seem to have health problems that preclude our having fun together (and not just in bed - I mean mobility, diabetes, heart problems, etc.) I realize that I may be there too someday but I don't see a need to rush to that situation since I'm already widowed and not looking forward to that happening again.

However, 15 years younger is about my extreme limit, and I absolutely will not date anyone young enough to be my son. Just my own preferences. Whatever anyone else wants to do is fine with me if it works for them.
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 88
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/23/2013 12:25:34 PM
I was recently approached by a lady 16 years my junior. I was not at all comfortable with the age difference and told her so, but she persisted. This happened a couple of days before Markus implemented the new rules about a +/- 14 year age difference. We met a few times and got along reasonably well, but we weren’t really compatible and I broke it off. It turned out the age difference really wasn’t a big deal, but other things were.
 cooldog65
Msg: 89
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/23/2013 5:57:40 PM
Cradle snatching or robbing the cradle has that same creepy connotation as that term I grew up with...jail bait.
 April1963
Msg: 90
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/23/2013 6:38:49 PM

I was recently approached by a lady 16 years my junior......................... It turned out the age difference really wasn’t a big deal, but other things were.

You are 70 yrs old,I know a lady who is only 10 years older than you... would you like going out romantically with her? She is only 80 yrs old.

Age is just a number, isn't a big deal, right?
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 91
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/24/2013 4:57:55 AM

Age is just a number, isn't a big deal, right?

That depends on the people involved. In my case, the age difference didn't really matter because we are both in perfect health and physically active. We had a couple of 12K walks on different weekends, plus lots of other shorter walks, including a long hike with a group of people. No, I would not be interested in having a relationship with an 80 year old woman. I look for women who are close to my age, but not older than me.
 five-marie
Msg: 92
view profile
History
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 6/24/2013 5:24:10 PM
I've dated 5 years younger and 16 years older. Age was not an issue. Personally I'm more comfortable with men my own age, maybe a little older.
I worked with a woman who was married to a man about 15 years younger. Didn't help that he looked very young for his age. The younger girls at work, 16-20, were the ones most upset and said she was cradle robbing.
Most of the older women didn't care one way or the other.
 nsideindy
Msg: 93
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 7/1/2013 12:08:47 PM
Who cares.. Age is just a # and if it makes both of them happy, so be it!!!
In the scheme of life, we are all here in just a blink, so why deny yourself something that could be quite nice.
 Sleepless_in_C_Mesa
Msg: 94
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 7/9/2013 11:47:46 AM
As long as you are adults it's really no one's business but yours.
 JaiNai
Msg: 95
CRADLE SNATCHING
Posted: 7/11/2013 10:16:20 AM
I've dated and been in relationships with men 17 and 20 years younger. And one who was half my age.
For me it's all about compatibility and mutual attraction. I always let it be known up front that I'm not looking for marriage, so age is not that much of a factor. I've dated men closer to my age who were not as compatible as the younger men. I would not date someone in their 20's or 30's. At my age, that would be too much of a stretch for me.

I've never cared what others said about it. They can live their lives and I live mine. I don't care who they date and they shouldn't care who I date. (within reason)

People should do what they're comfortable with, as long as both are of legal age.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > CRADLE SNATCHING