Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Women don't go to the gym...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 36
Women don't go to the gym...Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Seriously? You can't just say you're wrong? Or that your post is dumb? Or just turned your back in shame? You had to mount more stupidity?

I see that I have hit a nerve and clearly because you are over your head with regards to how the human body works you have to resort to acting like a 2-year-old and start attempting to insult people.

So there is no need for me to explain it any further as you have shown you do not have the mental capacity to understand it.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 37
Women don't go to the gym...
Posted: 12/27/2014 11:23:14 AM

So it does not matter what or how you train because any work is work and your body is going to react based more so on your body and not on what you do.

you are over your head with regards to how the human body works you have to resort to acting like a 2-year-old and start attempting to insult people.

This is what you wrote, and it doesn't even make any sense.

That is why I said - you can't be that stupid. I mean im worried about you, are you going to forget to breathe?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/27/2014 11:32:56 AM

This is what you wrote, and it doesn't even make any sense.

When you understand that it does not make any sense because you simply do not understand it, then you will be on your way to understanding.

So until them what ever you do, make sure you do not attempt to refute what someone has said with facts just act like someone who can not make a point so just toss out some insults to show your level of maturity.
 calguy14
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/27/2014 2:41:44 PM
Genetics could be the deciding factor for the gold medal.Certainly you can pick various sporting events and make a good guess about what kind of person will likely be a champion.This of course is not a reason to give up variations of training.Because many different types are needed.
 DietFree
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2014 7:55:44 PM
And now....back to the original topic...

I go to the gym around 9 am and there are usually about 8 to 12 women who train there (that I can see).

I always look to see who's there, then I ignore everyone and carry on with my training.
 calguy14
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/28/2014 4:19:20 AM
Well I am way out in the burbs and the fittest older woman here is married to the owner.Maybe this is the wrong part of town but it still sounds like the warmer climes have more fit people in North America.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2014 9:56:05 AM

most people who enlist are unfortunately those that weren't making it in civilian life.

Huh? That's news to me, most people I served with had college degrees. O_o
If they weren't making it as civs they sure as crap aren't going to cut it as soldiers either.

I never met any Army people I would consider in all around good shape.

Hi there.
Now you have. ;) :D
 calguy14
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/28/2014 5:05:16 PM
^^
Yeah you look in good shape,workun' the wheels?One canuck told me on a joint exercise near Detroit he considered the Americans to be in better shape.I never considered the Canadian army to be worth joining.no real war and outdated equipment.Some of the BC people will hate me for that.:)
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2014 6:38:25 PM
^^^^^

I do a 5 day on / 3 off split by muscle group for anaerobic and do aerobic daily.
I haven't slowed down yet, can still do everything I could at eighteen. Age is about mindset, strengthen the mind and the body will follow break the mind and... well, you know.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/28/2014 7:25:43 PM
Uh actually the longest shot recorded was executed by a Canadian forces sniper named Rob Furlong in Afghanistan. He nailed a target out at somewhere over a 2,500 yards, target was walking a ridge.

And I think he had to use nato rounds too, because Canada had to borrow ammo from us (go figure.) But that made it even more crazy of a shot, because when you're that good you start getting a feel for how the bullet travels. So subtle differences in shape and power, do make a difference. Especially at that far out. And the honest thing was that he said he probably couldn't make that shot again if he was out there for 3 months. Its just one of those Neo Matrix shots that doesn't happen but did.

The point is im not going to humor any idea that construction or civilian work makes you stronger. Because I bet I know what the real world looks like. I know what its like to be cold, and have to work in that. Or be hot, and have to deal with the sweat and dizzy heat. And construction workers know how to work 8 hours (12-16 if they're real hard core) and go home and play daddy "oh my life is so hard, construction is tough." Yeah? What happens when 8-12-16 on a 40-50 hour week hours.... turns into 24/7/300+ hours? in near around a year?

So you can take your rebar, and try and pawn it off as an alternative to working out. But if you say construction work is tough, ill call you out and say it isn't. And its a poor excuse for working out, because lifting and being on your knees in doesn't translate to anything other than broken down body at the end. Smart people lift at the gym, dumb people think construction is an alternative to mental strength from military service and strength from gym fitness.
 calguy14
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/28/2014 7:56:55 PM
@vector.You're a loveable tard.:)Men's Journal had an article about weed (sativa) being a workout aid.I could have told them that 30 years ago...but....you seem really high dude.:)
The canuck made that shot,what a dozen years ago?This was more than 35.I guess some American got another 100 or 200 yards recently.
Now,I never said construction was the best,you need both,IME.Years back I used to sit on a bench as a two way radio tech.I got lots of rest between workouts,and I was very strong natty.But when my concrete buddy used to horse around I noticed something.It was like he was planted in something solid at the waist.I couldn't move him and he could easily redirect my body.His core strength was far greater than mine.All the sit ups in the world won't give you that,or wood choppers or whatever.You need to twist against heavy resistance.Paddling a heavy canoe would be close.

I go to the gym every 5-6 days for legs,...chest,delts,Tris...,back,bi's on separate days,with the neck whenever its ready.Yes there are days in the summer when I take an extra day or combine back and chest.Best gains I ever made was when I was unemployed for a few months around 1981.

Collegiate wrestlers would be your toughest dudes IMO.

What were you doing on your knees on a construction site. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Women don't go to the gym...