Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is this true:basically men want a sexy woman/women want a successful      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 THEMEPACK
Msg: 26
Is this true:basically men want a sexy woman/women want a successful man?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
She just needs to be cute, any size...just as long as she is somewhat active or we won't be around each other that often... I have had women ask me how I could retire early (47) as compared to the norm. Some women actually have the perception that retirement means a lack of disposable income....
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 27
Is this true:basically men want a sexy woman/women want a successful man?
Posted: 4/4/2013 4:11:42 AM
Well I want a sexy AND successful man and yes men want women who turn them on. No brainer. Whom other men covet as well.

As for marriage partners most men want a sexy woman but only for them and not so obvious I would say. What we want for a casual affair can be very different to a marriage partner.
 cooldog65
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2013 5:56:55 AM
Sexy to me is a man that wants to take the time to please me, and in doing so, pleases himself(not to say that I wouldnt please him in return).

In other words, you want him to be a cunning linguist (pleases you) and a master debater (pleases himself)!
 artandbliss
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/4/2013 7:29:01 AM
Well said, Coma White. Very interesting and varied replies here. I do think that we are all individuals with specific tastes, but I think these drives are the motivation for a great number of attractions. Sexy and successful can mean different things to different people, but in general terms I think women are looking for that provider/protector so that they can really respect a man, which is VITAL, even if they have a career of their own.
 TiffLS
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/4/2013 8:03:46 AM

I agree. I see alot of women fuming over the fact that they are successful, independent, have a great job, funny, etc...so why dont men chase after them?

What makes you think they don't?
 Advwench
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/4/2013 8:25:19 AM

Sexy and successful can mean different things to different people, but in general terms I think women are looking for that provider/protector so that they can really respect a man, which is VITAL, even if they have a career of their own.

To me, "provider/protector" says he needs the means to take care of me, and that's certainly not a requirement as far as I'm concerned. While I'll never be rich, my paycheck keeps my son and me clothed, fed, sheltered and pays my bills. All I ask is that a potential partner be able to do the same for himself and any children he has. I can respect my partner without him taking care of me financially.
 whippedboi
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/4/2013 8:37:54 AM

He's raised his kids and they are independent, he's out of debt, he has a good net work of friends,
he is close to and gets along with his family members, and wants to have lots of sex often!

well, everyone has their own criteria.. a few of these strike me as a bit close-minded, but..

-a man who has CHOSEN not to have kids cannot be a 'success' ?

-a man who came from a toxic family & has good reason not to be 'close' to them cannot be a success?

or, in your age, range could be an only child with both parents dead. Or ?
 newonthescene76
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2013 8:39:20 AM

Also, I am quite self-sufficient, I am not in serious debt like so many people, I have what I need, I get state health services, low-income housing. I live in a University Town, Amherst, MA, with lots of possibilities. My sister who visited me a few months ago remarked that I have it made. I am not a wage slave, not in some corporation making lots of money in some kind of corrupt way that makes slaves overseas, wrecks the environment, and makes the rich richer and the poor poorer. I've kept my integrity...

You are not self-sufficient. You live off the system that "wage slaves" have made possible yet disparage people that work for the benefits that you enjoy.
 Happysuccessful
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/4/2013 8:48:19 AM
I disagree. Women in my social circle tend to date guys on there looks alone. These guys are the biggest f'ing losers you can find but hey they 10 years younger and have hard bodies. After awhile they accept the fact these guys are losers and move onto the next loser.
 m8t
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/4/2013 9:35:16 AM
Cooldog! LMAO!~

A man doesnt have to have chldren; its just an added level of understanding with mine being they are married.
Being close to ones family is important to me, because I am. So a mans upbringing will remain a factor for me.
My preferences are mine and I do own them. A mans income isnt an issue for me as long as his bills are paid.

I buried both the men I loved in life, and the references about insurance/wealth arent funny btw.
 bottleguy
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/4/2013 1:40:41 PM
No but it feels true.
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/4/2013 5:28:26 PM
Ahhhh I just had dinner with a friend and we agreed that after 50 men are looking either for a nurse or a purse, I guess you could add good cook to the mix as well. Man, it is looking like there isn't an one size fit all answer to this question.
 ReadBeforeWriting
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/4/2013 5:49:44 PM
Of course males want a sexy female, and why wouldn't they?
If they are themselves of quality and substance, they'd likely prefer a sexy female who is also of quality BUT seem to be willing to overlook lack of quality for sex appeal from my observation.
I would guess finding both embodied in one female is the rarity, not the norm.
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/4/2013 6:12:29 PM
A successful man may find a sexy woman and vice versa . question is what do the rest wants ? I think a loser man still wants a sexy woman and a the not so sexy woman still wants a successful man !!!
 wherever_may_go
Msg: 40
 Casper66
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2013 9:11:26 PM
No offense OP but I think this is a very simplistic view of relationships, as individuals we have different views and life experiences, what works for one person doesn't mean it will work for someone else. I had to ban my best friend from setting me on blind dates, the reason, what she found attractive is the opposite to what I find attractive, so a man she thought was a perfect match I had no chemistry with because she was picking them according to her personal preferences not mine. What you define as being successful is not what someone else would, chemistry, friendship, mutual respect, they are so many faucets to human nature how can there be just one cut and paste version of what a man or woman wants, of course you want to be attracted to your mate who wouldn't, but again that is a personal preference too.
Posted: 4/5/2013 5:53:39 AM

I want an ambitious man who pushes himself - and me - to be better and learn new things; someone who doesn't risk becoming stagnant. In the outside world this usually translates into some form of success although not necessarily wealth.

I want to experience my life by pursuing and embracing who I am, what I like, what I'm interested in, what I want to learn about, what I value, what I'm for and what I'm against, doing what's necessary to independently/self-sustainingly/self-reliably make a living to whatever degree that it's necessary to do so while remaining in my own groove, etc etc etc, and I always would have loved to have a woman to share all of this with, reveling in whoever she is as well. But...

I never want to think of it in terms of being ambitious or pushing myself, or trying to avoid whatever might seem to be stagnant, or trying for whatever might otherwise seem like being successful. Anytime I do that, I get derailed. My goal isn't to push myself, be ambitious, avoid becoming stagnant, or achieve any kind of successfulness. If I achieve these goals by whatever definitions, which I do, they are just resulting states, according to my own criteria, but they are not my goals, and not my methods. I don't want them to be, and, often enough, if a woman thinks of it this way...more precisely the one way versus how I see it...our compatibility is pretty low.

ForRumOnly
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2013 7:03:39 AM
It's basically true, but depending on what we individually have to offer, we make compromises and tradeoffs to get the best match we can under the circumstances.
 RB_64
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2013 7:11:55 AM
Of course I want a successful man, why in the world would any one set their sights on finding an unsuccessful mate?? I also want him to want me for the duration of our relationship, so I keep a sexy attitude and take care of myself. Successful and sexy are both terms that can be defined multiple ways, but really the only definitions that matter are the way two people who are attracted to each other define the terms for themselves and each other.

The best part of this POF journey for me is that I am engaged in an amazing conversation right now with a successful man who finds me very sexy. Our only challenge ahead is overcoming the distance between us and enduring an LDR until we decide the next steps of our journey together.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/5/2013 7:18:53 AM
I think a loser man still wants a sexy woman and a the not so sexy woman still wants a successful man !!!

And that is why we have so many unhappy people using online dating. Both parties having unrealistic expectations for themselves and skewed images of others. You could have been consistent and referred to the men as not so successful seeing as you were treading lightly with the opposite of sexy for women.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/5/2013 8:03:20 AM

(Spitfireee) I want a man who can bring the same to the table as I.......nothing more.......nothing less....and that would make him sexy and successful :).................................

Same what? Money? Car? Home? Genitalia?

This "bring the same stuff to the table that I do!" has to be one of the most contrived, useless, and obstructive-to-dating phrases around...
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/5/2013 8:06:18 AM

(ForRumOnly) It's basically true, but depending on what we individually have to offer, we make compromises and tradeoffs to get the best match we can under the circumstances.

It's not what we can realistically get; it's what we want. Desire and pragmatism almost never meet.
 lostcausein
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/5/2013 8:25:39 AM
I want a woman who appreciates enough of my pluses so that if I go through a non ambitious phase where I'm content with where my life is she isn't going to hold it against me and just let me be me with all my OTHER qualities still intact.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is this true:basically men want a sexy woman/women want a successful man?