Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is this true:basically men want a sexy woman/women want a successful      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 52
Is this true:basically men want a sexy woman/women want a successful man?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

(Spitfireee) Listen Up Mr Trout...........

Hey, the Grammar Police called: they want their periods back...

that may be so to you....probably why you don't have a date......

Ooh, OUCH!

I on the other hand have found that man..........after 5 years.....still sexy...............still successful.......and he is smart enough to understand that phrase............

Much more likely, he understands that if he called you on your nonsense, he'd have to put up with you being in a huff, and banishing him to the couch, for daring to call you on your meaningless BS. I, on the other hand, risk no such banishment and arbitrary and cruel punishment; consequently, I can (and do) speak the truth. You should be thanking me for my honesty, not throwing a hissy-fit...

You my dear would automatically be weeded out for not comprehending.........and really don't matter

Again, ooh, OUCH!
 Meeting_At_The_Crossroads
Msg: 53
Is this true:basically men want a sexy woman/women want a successful man?
Posted: 4/5/2013 9:19:23 AM
OP, you have narrowed things down too much. When it comes to two people getting together, there is so much more, and it is complicated. Everybody had different wants and needs. When it comes to the concept of love, Tom said it well...

"It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together… and I knew it." – Tom Hanks, Sleepless In Seattle
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2013 9:24:24 AM

It's not what we can realistically get; it's what we want. Desire and pragmatism almost never meet.

You can want all you like, but in the end, you seldom get what you want. Eventually, if you want anything, you're forced to be pragmatic whether you recognize that or not.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/5/2013 9:30:56 AM

(ForRumOnly) You can want all you like, but in the end, you seldom get what you want.

1. True; but, so what? My point remains, a person wants what he or she wants.

2. "Seldom get what you want" is not the same thing at all as "*NEVER* get what you want".

Eventually, if you want anything, you're forced to be pragmatic whether you recognize that or not.

Pragmatism, in this case, has ZERO-ZIP-NOTHING-NADA to do with what you want, but rather with what you will accept. Two entirely different things.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 5:16:00 AM
I have to agree with VolcanoKing, who said:
"I agree. I see alot of women fuming over the fact that they are successful, independent, have a great job, funny, etc...so why dont men chase after them? Because men dont CARE about any of that stuff. A man would scoop up a woman working minimum wage if he found her hot. Women need to understand that the same qualities we value in men (job success, financial stability, etc) is not a priority for men. They want someone hot. They dont care about your job, how intelligent you are, how funny you are. How many times have I personally heard after a date "You're really funny and great to talk to but...."

Men want hot women. Our other noteworthy qualities come in a far second.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But herein lies the problem! Men don't worry about the financial disparity, until she files for divorce. Then the attorneys and the courts get involved and redistribute the wealth. This is where men could learn a lot of from women. Most women will not date, or marry a man, who is beneath them financially. As an old gf of mine once said "water seeks it's own level."
 Archangel_07
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/7/2013 5:32:57 AM
I want a sexy female that can contribute equally to the relationship and dating, thank you.
---------------------
Most women will not date, or marry a man, who is beneath them financially. As an old gf of mine once said "water seeks it's own level."
---------------------------------
yup because some people date within them spending income.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/7/2013 5:39:49 AM
OP is correct: Evolutionary Psychology/Evolutionary Biology Successful men want the most attractive mate & attractive women get the more successful men. There is a pecking order in mating, just read Dr. Helen Fisher, David Buss & any other evolutionary scientist. It's a hardwired instinct that many people are not even aware of.
 rolopolo123456
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 6:57:01 AM
This is a crap site when you messege any one you never get a reply, I am uprised this site keeps going
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/7/2013 7:19:38 AM

OP is correct: Evolutionary Psychology/Evolutionary Biology Successful men want the most attractive mate & attractive women get the more successful men. There is a pecking order in mating, just read Dr. Helen Fisher, David Buss & any other evolutionary scientist. It's a hardwired instinct that many people are not even aware of.

I have to disagree with you here, B.A. A lot of this is just bad science, trying to explain modern, socialized tendencies by reference to biology. Archeological and anthropological evidence provides a lot of evidence to the contrary. In particular, the idea that women seek "good providers" is incorrect. Social organization among many groups at the tribal stage finds evidence of matrilineal and matrilocal organization--male sexual partners came and went, but the female partners depended on their male and female relatives for support.

And I'm always astonished that anyone would believe that men sought out the "most attractive" females. Humans would not have survived if males of the species had been selective.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/7/2013 7:32:16 AM
On the very basic of levels, yes.
I belive we are not nearly as evolved as we like to think. I think we are prone to a lot of left over caveman sh1t. In those early days, the most "successful" caveman was the best hunter/provider. There was also the biological imperative to expand the race, to breed, to screw. The female caveperson would want to breed with the best hunter/provider, therefore she would have to attract that mate, have the most attractive display, to be the "sexiest".
So there is that instinctual desire for the successful/sexy partner. However, because there has been some evolution, we are not strictly controlled by those baser instincts. We rely more on our capability to reason. We are not the slaves to our instincts that our caveman ancestors were, but they are still with us and may effect,in some small way, our behavior as evolved, modern, reasoning beings.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 7:50:58 AM
And I'm always astonished that anyone would believe that men sought out the "most attractive" females

They do. They did. Of course, it's the most attractive ones that will have them

When looked at that way, there's someone for almost everyone.
 cooldog65
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 7:57:15 AM

Women get the richest man they can attract.
Men get the hottest woman they can afford.

I have heard Tom Leykis say this many times on his show. Money, power, and fame can make an unattractive man more attractive. Look at some of these older rich guys with much younger women. It is what it is.
 m8t
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/7/2013 8:08:03 AM
Dude has it almost right for me anyway. These days in this society females can and do provide for themselves.
However I'll take a manly man over a good hunter/provider. What do I think those qualities are?
For one he better know his way around a tool box. If I need help working on my car, putting in a new bathtub,
or changing out a breaker/outlet, he better have at least the same knowledge I do. Why?
Its one of the many things that will keep me interested. I like a whole package; that varies for everyone.
Never mind the sex part; thats the icing.
 MarkKCurry
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/7/2013 8:22:23 AM
This all depends on how females define a "Successful Man".. success is not measured in money.. its measured by the amount of successful things and people come from your god like thoughts. Thinking on a higher level will elevate others. Most females measure success by money. That's why most females are still looking for a good man. They over look him looking for the success in him. I look at it and I say "It's not meant for a man to share what God has blessed him with with those that don't share the same beliefs and values." This also goes for a guy looking for a successful female in beauty. He will never find her that way.
Posted: 4/7/2013 11:26:43 AM
What men and women look for in each other, and the reasons why they choose who they choose...is an indicator of the state, or development, of humankind's intellectual/emotional evolution and maturity, and of humankind's values, motivations, and goals.
 jeni366
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/7/2013 11:26:55 AM

women want to be with successful/attractive men

What is "attractive"? Your idea and mine may differ completely. What is "successful"? Again, your idea and mine may differ completely.

I'm not looking for someone with model or celebrity looks and a fat wallet. Looks and money doesn't make someone a good prospect.
 wherever_may_go
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/7/2013 11:30:11 AM

What is "attractive"? Your idea and mine may differ completely. What is "successful"? Again, your idea and mine may differ completely.

I'm not looking for someone with model or celebrity looks and a fat wallet. Looks and money doesn't make someone a good prospect

Sure that's what they all say.
 hounddoug
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/7/2013 2:10:34 PM

Dude has it almost right for me anyway. These days in this society females can and do provide for themselves.
However I'll take a manly man over a good hunter/provider. What do I think those qualities are?
For one he better know his way around a tool box. If I need help working on my car, putting in a new bathtub,
or changing out a breaker/outlet, he better have at least the same knowledge I do. Why?
Its one of the many things that will keep me interested. I like a whole package; that varies for everyone.
Never mind the sex part; thats the icing

So if he not doing for you constantly, you lose interest and file for divorce. On the flipside, if a man was to write: "... she better know her way around a kitchen and how to clean ..." and progress from there; well, let the imagination do the work.
 jeni366
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/7/2013 2:19:29 PM

Sure that's what they all say.

Actually they aren't all saying that. They are mostly saying things that surprise me, in regards to most everything.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/7/2013 2:23:37 PM
If people got ice-cream headaches when they wrote/said something stupid, there'd be hardly any posts anywhere on PoF...
 m8t
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/7/2013 2:28:57 PM
I dont do marriage darlin'; so divorce is never an option. Yes, I admit after burying both the men I loved in life,
I lose interst quickly. Why should I remain in a relationship where Im not happy? My kids are married,
Im not in debt, and I certainly take care of myself. I know my way around a kitchen very well, can sew,
tan a hide, fillet a fish, change my own spark plugs, can veggies, crochet, make shine,
and shoot a gun as well as any man I know. So who gives a shyt?

What I WANT a man for is companionship and sex. What do I need a man for? Love...
If thats not what Im feeling why hang around? For the dirty laundry? I can wash my own sheets.
A man that can share my interests is a welcomed asset.
 TheUsualSuspects76
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/7/2013 2:37:55 PM
Hahaha! That's a good one!
 Proteaus
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/7/2013 7:00:50 PM
Reason a woman wants a successful man is when the divorce happens nine times out of ten she gets half . That's a pretty good gamble .
 MarkKCurry
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/7/2013 7:20:31 PM
to some females.. a successful man is simply a man who comes home at the end of the day.. so first we must agree on success.. some people aim to lose.. and its not your job to change their mind.. what is a successful man to a woman who already has money?..
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is this true:basically men want a sexy woman/women want a successful man?