Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is this true:basically men want a sexy woman/women want a successful      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OddTerraceDude
Msg: 102
Is this true:basically men want a sexy woman/women want a successful man?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^^^^

You essentially mirrored my thoughts Activemelany.
For active type people the fit not pudgy is top on priority for both sexes because it's so very important for an equal match.
Speaking for myself I can let almost anything slide if they are fit because that single easily visible cue is a huge barometer of success.
Especially true the older people get, physically fit people just tend to always be successful.
Fit is always sexy.
 HonkyTonk_Woman
Msg: 103
Is this true:basically men want a sexy woman/women want a successful man?
Posted: 1/5/2014 7:57:01 AM

Not true ... its a huge generalization, partly promoted by ad agencies and Hollywood.
Both men and women are hoping to find a soul mate so to speak. Attractiveness [beauty} is in the eye of the beholder.
Success is relative to goals and desires. It very much relates to lifestyle more than money or job position

This is what I believe to be true! When you know better.....you do better..imo.
I think it depends on the age that you are, at the time.....you are looking for a S.O.
I am no longer looking to ....raise families....build businesses...etc...I want someone in the same position as me...
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2014 1:31:51 PM

It could be said like this - Both men and women want a successful woman/man...but people are confused on what the best definition of "successful" should be. And, both men and women want a sexy man/woman...but people are confused on what the best defintion of "sexy" should be.

A woman being sexy is part of whether or not she is successful...and, a man being successful is part of whether or not he is sexy.

(example - You can find a woman who is "sexy", and maybe even stable and accomplished concerning education and employment, etc...but she might not be successful at all. You can find a man who is "successful", and even attractive in every way...but he might not be sexy at all.)

Are ya'll tongue-tied yet?
 OutMind
Msg: 105
Posted: 1/6/2014 8:35:15 AM
No, men want women that are ugly as fvck. Women want men that are babies, unsuccessful and insecure.
 UdeB.surprised
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/8/2014 5:54:11 PM

No, men want women that are ugly as fvck. Women want men that are babies, unsuccessful and insecure.

LOL

Sigh...
It's a given that beautiful, sexy women have the advantage of attracting more men.
It's a given that out of the many men to choose from, she will be the more $ucce$$ful man.

Although there are some hard core feminists type females that can pay off their own car and mortgage,
the likelihood of that successful woman choosing a man does does not own a home, that is less successful than her is very, very small.

That seems to be the nature of things.

The odd time, a man might find a woman who is highly successful and doesn't care that he just drives a taxi.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2014 7:00:23 PM
I wonder what that ^ says, that it might be more often than not that a man is open to a woman who is less "successful" than he, but a woman isn't very open to a man who is less "successful" than her.
 UdeB.surprised
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/9/2014 10:00:54 AM

Men who date women who are less successful are usually mature and grounded to look at a woman for her character and not for her achievements,

Men who date women who are less successful have no choice, as men statistically make more money.
 Paderic
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/9/2014 10:49:43 AM

Men who date women who are less successful are usually mature and grounded to look at a woman for her character and not for her achievements,

I don't agree that this is always the case. I have known men who only date women who are less "successful" than themselves because they are too insecure to deal with a mate who is more "successful."
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2014 4:06:22 AM

Although there are some hard core feminists type females that can pay off their own car and mortgage,

^^^^^^^^^^
Thats not a hard core feminist, thats a necessity for most of us.
Most men don't want a woman that stays home or has no income these days.

Your statement reminds me of starting out in my career in the mid 80's after my husband and I separated/in process of divorce and I had a small infant. Some OLD grumpy man/co worker told me to stay home and take care of my child.
I was taking some of his sales away by the by.
Lazy old guy.

Some of us had/have no choice in the matter.
Guess I should have asked for welfare in your eyes or just jumped to another man and let him do it.

Women were forced into the workplace due to WAR.Women had little choice but to run the US economy, work in factories and the production of military needs.

Men came back damaged mentally and physically, so many had to keep working.
http://jarredjoly0.tripod.com/id2.html

^^^^^^^^Interesting read
 Murtuss
Msg: 111
Posted: 1/10/2014 4:25:58 AM
To me a woman does not have to be sexy as in supermodel sexy but she has to be sexy to me. But what is sexy to me may not be sexy to the next guy. So I have to at least be attracted to the girl without the world necessarily perceiving her as a sexy. But my definition of sexy is undefined. It could be one thing that does the trick like her hair or her eyes.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2014 4:48:59 AM

I have known men who only date women who are less "successful" than themselves because they are too insecure to deal with a mate who is more "successful

This is also true sometimes.
 mrcs84
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2014 5:47:57 AM
Women: Looking for the richest men they can attract

Men: Looking for the hottest women they can afford.

The rest is just details.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2014 8:43:45 AM

Women: Looking for the richest men they can attract

Men: Looking for the hottest women they can afford.

I would not bother with a man who earns less and is less educated than me. I am sure that sooner or later the guy would begin to feel inadequate and he would be playing power games in other ways.

As odd as it may sound to some, the extent to which things like the above dynamic takes place in culture...the degree to which these men and women, and these practices, are prevalent or not in society...is one of the effective indications of whether or not Humans have evolved, or ever will evolve, at all away from the ugly primitive animal state into an actual sentient intelligent race worth existing into the future. When people watch those movies like The Day The Earth Stood Still, this is one of the things that they're talking about. What reality and attitude about a mate or relationships that woman or man chooses for themselves...what values are important to them and how they go about searching for and choosing a mate...is one of the most basic deciding factors in how things go for us into the future, and those attitudes and decisions will carry forward in time with great effect. That's how evolution works.

Of course, there'll always be a percentage of people who don't give a damn about such things, only in what they feel compelled towards without much real self-understanding or re-examination. These ^ types are often some of who fit this description, and the justifications heard can be nonsense philosophies about "it's just biology" or something to do with Social Darwinism.

This isn't to fail to acknowledge what drives a person or generates genuine interest, but it's to critique why those particular drives and behaviors exist in them in the first place, why they don't mature any further, and how it's perpetuation in our culture has great positive or negative effects.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/11/2014 9:02:57 AM
^^^ this is very true.

And the other thing that people sometimes fail to remember is that what they are "told" is the "norm"?

is not the actual norm. It is SOME people's reality. But that does not speak for everyone's reality. People are not experts on every human in our culture, every age, every socioeconomic indicator... every preference.

Because what is a preference to one will be wildly different for another.

And that is just physical preference, nothing to do with comfort zone in interaction variables.

Who a person is comfortable around? Has something to do with physical preference, something to do with social conditioning IF a person is swayed by that kind of thing, and a whole lot to do with their own comfort in their own skin.

If a person is fully confident and comfortable? Than that person doesn't give a flying rip how everyone else views someone they are interested in. They only care how THEY view it.

If a person is trying to find validation from the opinoins of strangers, they pick who they THINK society says is the best catch. They want someone who they think will have the best chance of making them appear better.

Even if society now is starting to slowing evolve and a lot of people are not catching up to the fact preferences are indeed starting to change.

So what is truth to one person is not true to another.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is this true:basically men want a sexy woman/women want a successful man?